Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inheritance system

We need an inheritance system going on in the sims 4. Sims should be able to pass on shops, certain traits, money, clubs and buffs. Honestly, why does the sims mobile game coming out have it but sims 4 does not? There is so many good ideas in sims mobile why are they not in the sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The only The Sims game I know have an inheritance system is The Sims 2, and The Sims Stories are the same. I see The Sims Mobile's heirloom system as a way to collect things.
    But that's a thing I would like to see in The Sims 4. My sims unlock so much and their children move out.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Hm I might go back to the sims 2 been so long since I've played it. I just wish all my hard work, in some way passed on to my sims kids.
  • Options
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    I don't understand though, your active household keeps everything even after the death of the parent..?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Zoaea wrote: »
    I don't understand though, your active household keeps everything even after the death of the parent..?

Many players move the children out one they're grown up.
    For player who keep all the sims in one house it doesn't seem a big problem. But for players who move the children out, it does. And most of them are rotational players. I just can't stick to only one household. The more the merrier.
  • Options
    Kuma_frumaKuma_fruma Posts: 46 Member
    I also like the idea of when the kids move out of their parents house take their own stuff from the house instead of fully starting a fresh.
  • Options
    Zoaea wrote: »

Well yes and no they can take items with them when they move out but only items that fit in there inventory. They cant take money, witch makes no sense because if my teen or YA sim child works and makes lots of money their out of luck. The business you make only stays with the household so if you want to pass it to a offspring you have to keep them in that household.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes inheritance is good especially in the Sims 2 and I also think we should add Wills.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes inheritance is good especially in the Sims 2 and I also think we should add Wills.

I love the idea of Wills !
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I would like it if they added this to the game. :)
  • Options
    violetta3violetta3 Posts: 47 Member
    If you make petition I will sign
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

Yeah, I like this idea. It would also actually give you something to do when you get that "get their affairs in order" warning at the end of a sim's life.
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    agree 200%
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    I guess, inheritage taxes system is better than your idea. When one of family member die, the family must pay 10% of family assets.
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    Or , all of parents die.
  • Options
    I just want a reason to continue with the same family.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Agreed.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Ditto.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Great idea!!
  • Options
    fluffykinsfluffykins Posts: 37 Member
    yes! This would be great when playing legacy!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Agreed obviously!
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I really wish they would add a inheritance system
  • Options
    crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    I was a bit confused on what you're talking about at first since I tend to play 1 house hold. But this would make the game a lot better.

Like I would love it to have the parents have kids, move out the kids when they are old enough, then follow the kids. Then when the parents do die, they will transfer their stuff to the kid I followed.

What should happen is sims should be able to call up or go on the computer and tell a lawyer where they want their stuff to go. This includes family, friends, donation, or no where/gov. I doubt we will be able to get the system to say where each item goes, but I hope we can pick the items we made.
    Then again, remember unless if you mod the game. Names of who made whatever will be marked as blank as the person is deleted. Something I think is BS in to itself. How much resources is it to keep a static image and names (text).
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yup, totally want this. I mean, we get that "Time to get their affairs in order" notice, but at this point...what affairs? There's nothing to do. If there was a "make up will" interaction somewhere, it'd make a lot more sense.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Briana2425
    What are "wills"?
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @Briana2425
    What are "wills"?

It's a legal document that contains instruction of what should be done with one's money or assets upon their death. Normally it will be prepared by the family's lawyer..
    OID:- x4m1r4