Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,621 Member
    RickyPham wrote: »
    My game has had no issues that haven't been fixed with a later patch except for one, the color and intensity of lights can never be set. I can click on the button to do it, but then nothing happens after that.

Hello @RickyPham
    This can be caused by using the headlineeffects on/off cheat.
    If you use that cheat, try not using that cheat, and test to see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    DEZmarNXgAU55t6.jpg
    What is this? It has happened a few times and it is creeping me out =/
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • Options
    Sisselin wrote: »

Hello @Sisselin
    When it occurs, try having your sim travel to another lot and back again, and see if that helps.

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate .
  • Options
    SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Sisselin
    When it occurs, try having your sim travel to another lot and back again, and see if that helps.

My drivers are up to date, it goes away after travelling and sometimes by itself but thank you =)
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Sisselin

My drivers are up to date, it goes away after travelling and sometimes by itself but thank you =)

It is good that travelling helps. It may be a glitch that randomly occurs.
  • Options
    GuiFreitasGGuiFreitasG Posts: 18 New Member
    > @Sisselin said:
    > What is this? It has happened a few times and it is creeping me out =/

It happens with me too,usually when i zoom on Sims that are far from when i was before.
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    one of my played sims autonomously married someone which mustve happened in the last hour because he wasnt married earlier and now he is but he has no romantic relationship with the man he married, theyre just "friends" with no romance bar at all. i have mccc installed but all of these interactions are disabled in it so thats not what caused it, its really weird that the game would do this on its own
  • Options
    esfire wrote: »
    one of my played sims autonomously married someone which mustve happened in the last hour because he wasnt married earlier and now he is but he has no romantic relationship with the man he married, theyre just "friends" with no romance bar at all. i have mccc installed but all of these interactions are disabled in it so thats not what caused it, its really weird that the game would do this on its own

Hello
    This shouldn't have occured. If you have saved the game since then, you could go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then you can load that save game version before it occured.
  • Options
    @rosemow i just ended up divorcing them but thank you! hopefully it doesnt happen again though it freaked me out a bit because i had never seen that happen before
  • Options
    esfire wrote: »
    @rosemow i just ended up divorcing them but thank you! hopefully it doesnt happen again though it freaked me out a bit because i had never seen that happen before

I hope that it doesn't occur again in your game. It may have perhaps been caused by the mod, even though the settings were disabled.
  • Options
    @rosemow yes it may have. i asked the creator and they said it couldnt have been but who knows, sometimes things happen
  • Options
    buckybarnesbuckybarnes Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi there, I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, apologies if not. Basically I really need some help with my game lagging.

Originally when I got the base game during release, everything was fine. I played the game on High settings, had no lag. Then about a year ago or so is when the lag began. Interaction menus take a lot longer to load, and sometimes my Sims will stand around forever before completing a task.

I've tried everything recommended. I've changed my settings to Medium, and just now Low, and it's still the same thing. I play on a laptop so I keep Laptop Mode on. I've tried playing with Origin offline, and with the game itself offline. Earlier today I factory reset my game, and just now I reinstalled the entire thing, and still it's the same. I do play with custom content, but I just installed it today, and like I said this has been going on for a while so I know that's not the case.

I feel like the reset and even the reinstall helped them complete tasks a bit faster, but it still lags a bit. The interaction menu that lags the most is when I click another Sim. I just counted and between clicking them, it takes about 5-6 seconds for the menu to pop up. I know this lag is a problem a lot of people seem to have, just by searching on Google. I have a friend with the same problem (though whether his fixed itself or not, I'm not sure.) My laptop isn't the best to game on, but like I said, since this didn't happen originally, I honestly can't tell what the cause is. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    It doesn't look like I can edit my post, I thought it'd be helpful to add that I have two EPs, City Living and Get To Work installed, as well as the free Holiday pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hi there, I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, apologies if not. Basically I really need some help with my game lagging.

Originally when I got the base game during release, everything was fine. I played the game on High settings, had no lag. Then about a year ago or so is when the lag began. Interaction menus take a lot longer to load, and sometimes my Sims will stand around forever before completing a task.

I've tried everything recommended. I've changed my settings to Medium, and just now Low, and it's still the same thing. I play on a laptop so I keep Laptop Mode on. I've tried playing with Origin offline, and with the game itself offline. Earlier today I factory reset my game, and just now I reinstalled the entire thing, and still it's the same. I do play with custom content, but I just installed it today, and like I said this has been going on for a while so I know that's not the case.

I feel like the reset and even the reinstall helped them complete tasks a bit faster, but it still lags a bit. The interaction menu that lags the most is when I click another Sim. I just counted and between clicking them, it takes about 5-6 seconds for the menu to pop up. I know this lag is a problem a lot of people seem to have, just by searching on Google. I have a friend with the same problem (though whether his fixed itself or not, I'm not sure.) My laptop isn't the best to game on, but like I said, since this didn't happen originally, I honestly can't tell what the cause is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello @buckybarnes
    I am sorry that you are having lagging issues

There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to games library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.

As each patch is added , and extra packs are added, the pressure on the game is increased, which can lead to issues.

If the issues are remaining after doing the above, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
    Or you could copy and paste the information to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-15900756"]Hello @buckybarnes
    I am sorry that you are having lagging issues

There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to games library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.

As each patch is added , and extra packs are added, the pressure on the game is increased, which can lead to issues.

If the issues are remaining after doing the above, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
    Or you could copy and paste the information to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
    [/quote]

@rosemow wow, thank you so much for the quick reply!

I went through and updated my drivers, it doesn't seem to have done anything at all though :( I have tried playing in 32-bit and with Origin off earlier, to no avail. I don't usually keep a lot in my Sim's inventories or keep a lot of screenshots.

I just got City Living so it does lag in San Myshuno but also in all the other worlds as well :(

I pasted my DxDiag [url=https://pastebin.com/UNCSr2MN]here[/url] on Pastebin.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Unfortunately your laptop is way under requirements to run the game. You may have been fine to run the base game only when it first came out. The game is way past that now. TS4 gets more and more demanding as you add more to the game. Even adding patches can make the game more demanding. You need to look at recommended requirements to be able to play the game as it adds more and more. The game requires a mid range gaming desktop. Laptops are weaker than desktop. You need a higher end gaming laptop to meet the requirements on desktop.

You can't upgrade a laptop, you are stuck with the specs you buy. Do you have another computer to play on? If not I suggest investing in a new computer that meets recommended requirements if you want to continue running the game. We can help you find a computer that meets requirements should you be in the market for a new computer. Sorry for the bad news.
  • Options
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-15900962"][quote="buckybarnes;c-15900745"]Hi there, I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, apologies if not. Basically I really need some help with my game lagging.

I feel like the reset and even the reinstall helped them complete tasks a bit faster, but it still lags a bit. The interaction menu that lags the most is when I click another Sim. I just counted and between clicking them, it takes about 5-6 seconds for the menu to pop up. I know this lag is a problem a lot of people seem to have, just by searching on Google. I have a friend with the same problem (though whether his fixed itself or not, I'm not sure.) My laptop isn't the best to game on, but like I said, since this didn't happen originally, I honestly can't tell what the cause is. Any help would be much appreciated.[/quote]

Unfortunately your laptop is way under requirements to run the game. You may have been fine to run the base game only when it first came out. The game is way past that now. TS4 gets more and more demanding as you add more to the game. Even adding patches can make the game more demanding. You need to look at recommended requirements to be able to play the game as it adds more and more. The game requires a mid range gaming desktop. Laptops are weaker than desktop. You need a higher end gaming laptop to meet the requirements on desktop.

You can't upgrade a laptop, you are stuck with the specs you buy. Do you have another computer to play on? If not I suggest investing in a new computer that meets recommended requirements if you want to continue running the game. We can help you find a computer that meets requirements should you be in the market for a new computer. Sorry for the bad news. [/quote]

Thank you for the reply, even though it's not what I was hoping :( This might be a silly question, but do you think taking one of the EPs out would help with the lag at all, or would it still be the same? My mom's computer may be able to run it but I think hers may be the same specs as mine, I have to check and see. I intend to invest in a gaming laptop when I can but sadly right now I can't do that.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

You can't upgrade a laptop, you are stuck with the specs you buy. Do you have another computer to play on? If not I suggest investing in a new computer that meets recommended requirements if you want to continue running the game. We can help you find a computer that meets requirements should you be in the market for a new computer. Sorry for the bad news.

Thank you for the reply, even though it's not what I was hoping :( This might be a silly question, but do you think taking one of the EPs out would help with the lag at all, or would it still be the same? My mom's computer may be able to run it but I think hers may be the same specs as mine, I have to check and see. I intend to invest in a gaming laptop when I can but sadly right now I can't do that.

Hello @buckybarnes
    It is not a silly questiion at all. The lag may still remain even if you take away one of the eps,
    If you decide in the future to buy a gaming laptop, it would br good to post in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers there will help you http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member

Nope, the EPs aren't causing the lag for your case. The only advice I could give you is play on the lowest settings and even try to play with "laptop mode" on in the game options.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    quiara4evaquiara4eva Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hi, I have a problem where when i play my Sims 4 or even when I'm creating a Sim, all that appears on my screen are bushes and trees. For example, i was building a house, and when I zoomed out to look at the property, It was covered in the trees, leaves, and bushes. but when i went on the map of the world, everywhere else looked fine. But my property was just a box of greenery. I thought it was just that property, so I moved land and the same thing has happened. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Any help, please?
  • Options
    quiara4eva wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hi, I have a problem where when i play my Sims 4 or even when I'm creating a Sim, all that appears on my screen are bushes and trees. For example, i was building a house, and when I zoomed out to look at the property, It was covered in the trees, leaves, and bushes. but when i went on the map of the world, everywhere else looked fine. But my property was just a box of greenery. I thought it was just that property, so I moved land and the same thing has happened. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Any help, please?

Hello
    Try starting a new save game and test to see if the same thing is occurring in that game also,
  • Options
    quiara4evaquiara4eva Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > quiara4eva wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.
    >
    > Hi, I have a problem where when i play my Sims 4 or even when I'm creating a Sim, all that appears on my screen are bushes and trees. For example, i was building a house, and when I zoomed out to look at the property, It was covered in the trees, leaves, and bushes. but when i went on the map of the world, everywhere else looked fine. But my property was just a box of greenery. I thought it was just that property, so I moved land and the same thing has happened. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Any help, please?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try starting a new save game and test to see if the same thing is occurring in that game also,

I did, multiple times. And the same thing continues to happen.
  • Options
    MissAlexGracieMissAlexGracie Posts: 7 New Member
    I've lost all my saved games and mods. The game doesn't see them and I can't access them at all in the game. When I open Sims 4, I get the big play button and that is all. When looking in all the folders, all the mods are there as well as all the slot files. I don't know how to fix this, why this has happened or how it happened and I just want it fixed. On Origins, it has registered that I've played the game from 78 hours, but it starts up as if I've only just bought it and have to do the tutorials and such. How do I fix this? I want my saves back please.
  • Options
    quiara4eva wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > quiara4eva wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.
    >
    > Hi, I have a problem where when i play my Sims 4 or even when I'm creating a Sim, all that appears on my screen are bushes and trees. For example, i was building a house, and when I zoomed out to look at the property, It was covered in the trees, leaves, and bushes. but when i went on the map of the world, everywhere else looked fine. But my property was just a box of greenery. I thought it was just that property, so I moved land and the same thing has happened. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Any help, please?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try starting a new save game and test to see if the same thing is occurring in that game also,

I did, multiple times. And the same thing continues to happen.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue,
    Try changing your camera mode between sims 3 and sims 4 mode and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder