Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @sunnyshay: I've mostly done posing for TS3 (I did do a somewhat successful angry pose for TS4 just to try it out but that was ages ago) but I always do facial expressions first. It's easiest to see them when the rig is in the plain t-pose, and tbh I always thought they were the easiest part. I always have trouble figuring out how bodies work instead. :p

I learned to do facial expression first recently. The first thing I usually start with pose the hips then the legs and feet or chest & shoulder area. Arms and get get attention through out and hands are last.

The key to doing a pose is figuring out the "line of action". That establishes the overall gist of any pose. Generally, it's the line from the spine to the heel of either leg. Sometimes it can start at the arm down to the spine to the foot. Just find the part that has the most action.

comic-art-reference-line-action.jpeg

linesofaction22.gif

After you figure that out, everything else falls in place.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    @sunnyshay Don't ever talk of facial expressions, I HATE them! *runs around screaming and hides*

@InfraGreen Really? I kinda like the body parts, mainly because one can achieve a great look with comparably few changes. In the meantime I even get the fingers right if one doesn't count the thumbs xD But facial expressions look weird most of the time and with one of my main characters even frightening :#

Ugh! The rigs around the jaw and mouth alone drive me crazy. Other than that I find it easy. It's more about the eye area. Now what does annoy me is hand modelling. Talk about a pain in the bum bum.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @RoryPlaysTheSims Happy birthday!!!

tony_birthday.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yeah adulting was canceled. actually it was canceled 2 hours ago but i need coffee.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    @sunnyshay Don't ever talk of facial expressions, I HATE them! *runs around screaming and hides*

@InfraGreen Really? I kinda like the body parts, mainly because one can achieve a great look with comparably few changes. In the meantime I even get the fingers right if one doesn't count the thumbs xD But facial expressions look weird most of the time and with one of my main characters even frightening :#

Ugh! The rigs around the jaw and mouth alone drive me crazy. Other than that I find it easy. It's more about the eye area. Now what does annoy me is hand modelling. Talk about a pain in the bum bum.

Yeah, hands need a while... And much adjusting afterward, but it's okay now. The jaw and mouth rigs, as you claim, are way less fun. Argh.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited July 2017
    What do you get when you breed DON LOTHARIO ( pre-made sim by Maxis ) and VIOLET LOWE ( sim created by @CitizenErased14 )?

Lothario_Twins.png

I was impressed how close to twins they look compared to my Duckson twins. Anyone see any Don Lothario or Violet Lowe in these two?

Learn more about these twins in the latest chapter of The Duckson Legacy story.

2-56.png?resize=594%2C311
    2.12: The Lothario Twins
    The Duckson family and the Lothario family spent the day at the park. It came shockingly that the Lothario’s also had twins after Andrew and Zoe had asked Don and Violet to be their twins godparents. Violet agreed only if the other two would be...
    READ MORE
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have a non-sim blog that I sometimes post P_ or other such rants on. There's a case up here which is related to the U.S. and I want to rant about it on my non-sim blog but I'm not sure if I should..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member
    okay guys, so...

fp0O5NE.png

basically, i am the slowest writer there ever was! :D i'm still editing and fussing with the next chapter of my legacy, but i thought i'd come advertise the thread over here anyway since there HAVE been art updates/bonus things that aren't updates. it's over here! ("updates fridays" is a fun joke, at this point.)

i'll probably only post art updates over there (i usually stick to fanart of other stories when i post my art here) but i figured it couldn't hurt. <3 thanks guys!
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

tony_birthday.jpg

THIS cracked me up! LOL!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    peatock wrote: »
    okay guys, so...

fp0O5NE.png

basically, i am the slowest writer there ever was! :D i'm still editing and fussing with the next chapter of my legacy, but i thought i'd come advertise the thread over here anyway since there HAVE been art updates/bonus things that aren't updates. it's over here! ("updates fridays" is a fun joke, at this point.)

i'll probably only post art updates over there (i usually stick to fanart of other stories when i post my art here) but i figured it couldn't hurt. <3 thanks guys!

i hadn't wrote in 5 days just started again today . we need a slow writer because sissy is a speed writer. lol.

runs away.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

tony_birthday.jpg

THIS cracked me up! LOL!

that is funny.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @peatock That "Family Disappointment Box" is cracking me up! I'll have to take a look at your other art.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    wish we had a French speaker on here..but we don't..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    My husband is going away this weekend so that means so much Sims will be played!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    jes amuses me. if i go dramatic i get whole paragraph comments. if i write about kids i get a like. lol.

i like the kids in 4 better than3 theyseem more like kids. they whine about eveything.

jes is off already but if i don't pick on her she doesn't feel loved. he he.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @MadameLee I'm not a native French speaker, but did well so far in school. Would that help in any way? XD
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2017
    @MadameLee As far as I know, @Simsophonique is French.

Also if it helps, I'm not a native speaker, but I studied French for quite some time. I am a bit rusty, though.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

tony_birthday.jpg

THIS cracked me up! LOL!

*DROOL and SWOON
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    *BIG WAVE* I'm back. Okay, I wasn't gone long. Witcher 3 and being sick kind of put a huge wedge in my Simming. Anyway, got an update for Second Chances!!! Chapter 5: Derek's In Trouble
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

I speak French if you need additional help, but I'm sure @RipuAncestor can help you out as good as me. :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »

I speak French if you need additional help, but I'm sure @RipuAncestor can help you out as good as me. :)

I don't know about that... :sweat_smile: I haven't really needed my French skills much in years, and aside from watching the occasional film in French or reading some French texts, I haven't really been keeping my skills up. But I am willing to try to help if needed. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Aubrey is kinda of upset. Poor thing. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-truth-part-iii/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    xGallifreyanGirlxxGallifreyanGirlx Posts: 65 Member
    Hello everyone! I have written fanfiction in the past, but I'm new to the SimLit writing style. I've recently just started writing my very first 10 generation legacy challenge/story titled Breath of the Wild: New Beginnings.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member

Helloooo ! French native speaker here !
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top