May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elderly Vampires

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
Seriously, does anyone else have all of the random vampire spawns turn out to be old grey haired vampires!? Nearly all of them are like that for me and it drives me nuts! I can't get into it when a supposed eternally young vampire spawns as a frail old lady comes in to bite my sim.

This was my BIGGEST pet peeve for vampires in sims 3, as Vampires in sims 3 actually aged albeit slowly, there would be tons of elderly vampires.

I support the ability to go into Cas and make elder vampires if you want, but I don't want to see so many old and elderly vampires spawn! I think they should only spawn as Young Adults and Adults

@SimGuruNinja Is this a bug or designed, I can understand a few but 80% of them are elderly and frail!
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I guess they must have been easy targets for the upcoming vampire war. ;)
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Same for me. I had like one YA vampire be spawned from the game. The rest were all elderly. I had to go to CAS and edit a few. I don't mind elderly vampires but it was too much.
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I feel like the game spawns too many elders in general. It's annoying. I usually delete them.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yeah the game spawns too many elders in general, I went through and de-aged a bunch of elders in general.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Do the elderly vampires still have back issues? I would think, as vampires, they would be really spry.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Do the elderly vampires still have back issues? I would think, as vampires, they would be really spry.

You'd think so, but they look just as frail and hunchbacked as the regular elderly sims. And I feel their outfits are even more unfortunate. Every sim week or so, I delete some and edit some. Thankfully, in TS4 the household management is very convenient.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I agree the game is spawning to many vampires and yes most of them are elders before this pack came out it said that a few may visit the city and towns but well we all can see how that turned out right? :p
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Am I the only one who's never gotten an elderly vampire? I had so many Young Adult vampires that I thought the game just naturally set them to that age when they turned. I didn't even know you could have elderly vamps until I turned a couple of old townies.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I'm finding the vampire spawning to be annoying. I keep deleting them, but the game spews more out. I have games in the third and fourth generation where the town is completely overrun by vampires and all the normal sims are Asian(because of CL). I really wish they gave us more control over what spawns in the game.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,277 Member
    Am I the only one who's never gotten an elderly vampire? I had so many Young Adult vampires that I thought the game just naturally set them to that age when they turned. I didn't even know you could have elderly vamps until I turned a couple of old townies.

I've had one elderly vampire visit one of my half Alien sims:

2roft1becylr.png
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    My game has a tendency to generate about six new townies per Sim week - three elder vampires, two aliens (usually large females), and one "normal" Sim that is usually an adult female. If my playable Sim(s) visit a library, the game also spawns a librarian.

The three new elder vampires are usually 2 female and 1 male. The elder male is very often a Grand Master vampire. They get some of the worst looking vampire outfits too. I mean truly hideous.

I'm trying to keep the vampire population at about six - three of each gender. Since I don't need or want elder vampires I use CAS to generate an identical twin, age it down to Young Adult and then give it traits and an aspiration that fits in with my game population.

It's an ongoing battle though.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I think the game should not spawn vampires that should be our job to make vampire offspring or not am I right?
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes - elderly vampires spawn all the time and it just seems ridiculous. Too many elderly spawn period.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I really want a townie management because I'm getting way too many elderly vampires or vampires has waiters or both

I don't mind vampires as waiters (the food comes faster), but it's like every restaurant is runned by them. I had normal sims as staff and then the game replaced them with vampires..
    Like why generate townies you don't need if the jobs are occupied..?
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think I've only seen one elderly vampire, but the outfits the vampires wear are worse than regular townies! :#
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    _meep_meep Posts: 5 New Member
    i personally really don't understand how there could be elder vampires because they don't age up from a young adult it always really confuses me when i see them around town but i guess thats the sims 4 for you
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    _meep wrote: »
    i personally really don't understand how there could be elder vampires because they don't age up from a young adult it always really confuses me when i see them around town but i guess thats the sims 4 for you

They must've been bitten when they were elders. I know if I was an elder I'd be out looking for a vampire to make me immortal.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nope, Vlad is the only ancient in my game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    I think the game should not spawn vampires that should be our job to make vampire offspring or not am I right?

I agree, that is why I don't play this game without MC Command Center. Want Vlad to be your only vampire, done, don't want any vampires, done, want a world full of vampires, done. How anyone plays this game without this mod is beyond me.