Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, this most certainly stinks

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well this is terrifying to learn. I have mostly non related Sim photos from like.... good god, 10+ years ago on there. Lots of personal photos and me and my friends etc. I'm reading through this and it sounds like I won't even be able to keep them??
    :'(

I have TWO accounts- one I just logged into? 3,400+ pix. Dear plum.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been said earlier; Imgur does not like being your image hosting site. You can still use it, but don't be surprised if your photos suddenly disappear (I've only ever heard of one instance of this happening.) Tinypic is also super irritating with the amount of banner ads they have on their page, but also the fact that the images don't last on their servers nearly as long as imgur or photobucket does (forever so far, for my imgur.) Any images y'all plan on uploading, your best bet is Imgur, because they have enough people posting to it as a social media website that your footprint won't impact them as much.
    That's disturbing news, because that means they can easily follow PB's sick strategy in the (near?) future. Can anyone confirm this? I'd just decided to choose Imgur and made a start uploading all my pics...

As for my paid account, this is PB's new message on this:
    3. What users are affected by the changes to our 3rd Party Hosting
    policies?

Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party
    hosting available.

If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,
    you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd
    Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
    subscription.

Non Plus 500 Account subscribers that purchased after June 1, 2017 will not
    have access to 3rd Party Hosting.
    I wonder what they mean by 'maintain your subscription'. The $400 one, or the $40 one that won't officially support 3rd party hosting anymore in the future (and, I believe, doesn't even exist anymore)? My account has been paid till july 10th.
    So why change the hosting and tell no one I think there are hundreds of people and companies that used Photobucket and now they can't because they never warmed people that you would have to pay to put your photos on other websites.
    I think it's rather thousands of people. Yes, I agree it's a complete disgrace. Not only haven't they warned us in time (like, a half year or at least a few months prior to this to give people the ability to take measures), they completely took us by surprise, but on top of that not a word of excuse has come from them. Not even a 'we understand how annoying this must be for our customers'. I even reject the text on the picture that replaces your own picture. "We noticed that you have been using Photobucket for 3rd party hosting". As if they caught you in the act of doing something really naughty. And the text I quoted here I found via Facebook, by accident. I don't have a Facebook account. I do have Twitter but not a word from them there, nor in the mailbox of my paid account. Really, I bet they'll use this whole charade as an example how to NOT run a business for decades to come.
    Oh when I found out about the Photobucket I posted an article about it on Facebook and I know that lots of simmers use Photobucket not just the people in this post and Jessa who made the post. I was outraged they would think that was how to treat the people who have been using Photobucket for years. Yes make them pay 400 dollars to post on 3rd party websites if you notice you can't even post them when you are paying 100 dollars it has to be an absurd amount of money no one will pay.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Just got an advertising mail from them as if nothing has happened. It's beyond me,
    @herdarkpassenger All your pictures are still on there, you just can't link them on other websites. But I would download them quickly if I were you if you only have them on there. You can do that in Library.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Just got an advertising mail from them as if nothing has happened. It's beyond me,
    @herdarkpassenger All your pictures are still on there, you just can't link them on other websites. But I would download them quickly if I were you if you only have them on there. You can do that in Library.
    I just have banner pictures I used on a website in a photobucket account so I wouldn't lose them I wasn't linking them to anything so do you think they are safe there?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I just have banner pictures I used on a website in a photobucket account so I wouldn't lose them I wasn't linking them to anything so do you think they are safe there?
    They are now, but I don't consider anything safe there anymore after this ;) They've proven they really don't care about people's pictures at all, or about people in the first place for that matter. I have every picture that matters on my own computer by the way and much better stored than they are on PB (in seperate files and in the right order), so that's not my issue. The linking is :'(
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited July 2017
    So I had two photo bucket accounts, one mainly for a decade of sims and the other for my photography business and I've deleted them both. They say that everything will be deleted in 48 hours, lets hope it does because I really don't want to leave anything behind.

My signature is gone and every one of my posts, a decade worth, heavily laden with sims photos now has a dead link.

I guess this completes my era of sims as I had stopped building only a few months ago. You can still click on my "Please UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT" signature that is still linked to my builds, but this looks like the end of my time with the sims.

If you haven't seen any of my builds, now is the time to see them before they too disappear. Trust me when I say my builds are unique; they are.

I'm still playing Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild which is one of the reasons that I don't build anymore.

Good bye for now....
    Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg