Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, this most certainly stinks

Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
edited June 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Many of us, myself included, use Photobucket. They changed their TOS two days ago and now no longer will support third party hosting unless we pay them $400. a year. That is going to kill a lot of threads not only here but all over the internet. I am not at all willing to drop $400 a year ransom to unlock my pictures. I could say more but it would be entirely plummed out. Like our pictures.

Edited to mention there are cheaper plans but none allow 3rd party hosting besides the one for $399.00.

Comments

• Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    There's a thread in off-topic rite now, that may have a solution to this problem...
    If you have'nt already solved it, check out simpkin's thread.
    And I believe others have been buzziing bout this aswell, best of luck sorry bout your pics...
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Thanks for the heads-up, I will check that out!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Yeah I've noticed already a lot of my images are broken.

Ah well. Goodbye photobucket, you donkeys behind. They're not getting a cent from me.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    A few days ago (or maybe even yesterday) I wondered why does everyone have to upload their images on PB. I just want to see the pics in original size (without clunky interface).

And now it's gotten even worse.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Time to download my old sims screenshots before they're gone forever then. Way to go failbucket. -.-
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    My goodness. They must be seriously desperate to charge that much. Talk about highway robbery. Sheesh!
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I don't know about you but imgur works fine, maybe transport to that?
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Sadly Imgur is banned on the forums for some reason unless they've changed that.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Sadly Imgur is banned on the forums for some reason unless they've changed that.

Bruh I'm using imgur
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

Bruh I'm using imgur

Same here. I've been using imgur since the beginning of this year since PB had issues earlier this earlier. So I switched over to imgur. As a matter of fact, the picture in my siggy is from imgur as I had just changed that today even though my picture that I was using from PB was still showing but it was time for a change anyhow... :)
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Bruh I'm using imgur

Same here. I've been using imgur since the beginning of this year since PB had issues earlier this earlier. So I switched over to imgur. As a matter of fact, the picture in my siggy is from imgur as I had just changed that today even though my picture that I was using from PB was still showing but it was time for a change anyhow... :)

Sooo its not banned right? Because I just became a full member and it will really suck if I was banned for using imgur
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Try Tinypic. I've used that lately.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Sounds like it's time for you guys to move over to Imgur. :grin:
    With an account you can create for free, you automatically get an unlimited picture limit and they'll never expire.

For the record I did use Photobucket years ago but I jumped ship much earlier because of how garbage their limitations were.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited June 2017

I think you're confusing Imgur with the most common gif site, whose name I cannot type because it will be censored.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Everyone who had a Photobucket account should upload a shot of that nasty thing they put up on their photobucket account! see how they like it >:)
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Hmmm I'm not sure I follow?

Testing....

03-06-17_10-47-49PM.png

• Options
    Seems OK to me...^shrug^
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    @Uzone27 that's Imgur, right?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Kandy

Nope. Photobucket.
    I am using a pretty old bookmark to get to the page...but I still have to log in to upload and wasn't hit with any new messages or a new TOS....

Could it have something to do with storage capacity? I'm only using about 4%
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    @Kandy

Nope. Photobucket.
    I am using a pretty old bookmark to get to the page...but I still have to log in to upload and wasn't hit with any new messages or a new TOS....

Huh. I was under the impression that it was all images uploaded to PB. If you didn't pay the 400 bucks, too bad so sad.

Maybe there's a time cut-off point? Like any photos posed after X are fine? That would explain why a photo from so long ago works. I'm not sure, though.
  • Options
    Kandy wrote: »
    @Kandy

Nope. Photobucket.

Huh. I was under the impression that it was all images uploaded to PB. If you didn't pay the 400 bucks, too bad so sad.

Maybe there's a time cut-off point? Like any photos posed after X are fine? That would explain why a photo from so long ago works. I'm not sure, though.

I dunno. I didn't try uploading...just logged in and accessed the drag and drop screen.
    Here let's try actually uploading a new image......

Yes%20Logo%20Green.jpg

Works Ok for me...
  • Options
    @Kandy

Nope. Photobucket.

I dunno. I didn't try uploading...just logged in and accessed the drag and drop screen.

Yes%20Logo%20Green.jpg

Works Ok for me...

That is so strange. Everywhere else I've seen, people's photos are being replaced w/ a box that basically says to pay up. I have no idea why your account is working.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Kandy

Nope. Photobucket.

Yes%20Logo%20Green.jpg

Works Ok for me...

That is so strange. Everywhere else I've seen, people's photos are being replaced w/ a box that basically says to pay up. I have no idea why your account is working.

What comes up when you double click on the Yes logo?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Kandy

Nope. Photobucket.

Yes%20Logo%20Green.jpg

Works Ok for me...

What comes up when you double click on the Yes image?

It pulls up that picture on Photobucket, so your account is definitely working fine.

Also, I just checked all my photos, and they're all okay, too. I've only uploaded a couple photos to Photobucket, so I think you may be right about it having to do w/ the amount of photos you have.
  • Options
    @Kandy

Nope. Photobucket.

Yes%20Logo%20Green.jpg

Works Ok for me...

What comes up when you double click on the Yes image?

It pulls up that picture on Photobucket, so your account is definitely working fine.

Also, I just checked all my photos, and they're all okay, too. I've only uploaded a couple photos to Photobucket, so I think you may be right about it having to do w/ the amount of photos you have.

Maybe people think it's supposed to be free no matter how much stuff they have on it?