Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Experiencing lag after patch

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Thank you Rosemow, I do not use mods or CC in my game but I will try the other steps. This is the first time I had to do this in the Sims Series. Hopefully this will work, thanks for the advice. :)

This game also was not meant to be played at higher resolution. Just curious if you change game to 1080p how it runs. We had someone with your card trying to run 4k and the game would not start. This game seems to not like higher resolutions on PC

Very true, being my eyesight is getting poor, I would never see the difference in the resolutions. However, the lag was a quick second and it seems it worked itself out that I do not see it now.

I have poor eyesight too. 1080p is fine for me as long as the screen is larger :p . Glad you got it worked out. If in the future you get more lag as you add more to this game, check the resolution because it may be part of the problem
  • Options
    oliviaomloliviaoml Posts: 8 New Member
    @rosemow Okay, thank you so much for your help! If all else fails, I'll just admit defeat and stop using the lot. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    Addicted2GamZzAddicted2GamZz Posts: 135 New Member
    i'm getting a new gaming laptop, but have a lot of sims, houses, etc. in my library and would like to transfer them onto a external hard drive, what folder would my items saved in the library be located?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    oliviaoml wrote: »
    @rosemow Okay, thank you so much for your help! If all else fails, I'll just admit defeat and stop using the lot. Thanks again :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is good that the lagging issue has fixed itself up @Goldmoldar :)
    Thank you :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Thank you Rosemow, I do not use mods or CC in my game but I will try the other steps. This is the first time I had to do this in the Sims Series. Hopefully this will work, thanks for the advice. :)

This game also was not meant to be played at higher resolution. Just curious if you change game to 1080p how it runs. We had someone with your card trying to run 4k and the game would not start. This game seems to not like higher resolutions on PC

Very true, being my eyesight is getting poor, I would never see the difference in the resolutions. However, the lag was a quick second and it seems it worked itself out that I do not see it now.

I have poor eyesight too. 1080p is fine for me as long as the screen is larger :p . Glad you got it worked out. If in the future you get more lag as you add more to this game, check the resolution because it may be part of the problem
    Same here I can't play on small screens.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

The monitor that Goldmoldar is using is 1080p but ultra wide... only 30% more demanding. Ts4 does support ultra wide. :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    The game could do with some optimisation! My game has been laggy and slow since Toddlers were patched in and I have a high end gaming laptop and my fps goes as low as 20fps!!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    The game could do with some optimisation! My game has been laggy and slow since Toddlers were patched in and I have a high end gaming laptop and my fps goes as low as 20fps!!

Yeah... :(
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Impo55ibleGirlImpo55ibleGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I initially installed sims 4 when it came out with no issues, lag or otherwise. This week I downloaded all the updates and there is severe lag with the entire game. Creating a character, pulling up the menu, trying to pan to even look at the sims standing on the lawn etc were all jarring. I lowered the resolution, turned Origin offline, signed out and back in with no improvement to the game play. I don't have mods. It took me two hours before I gave up. I don't want to play online. I only want to create characters and houses. Is there a way to play from the disc like the other versions of sims? I don't require perks or anything that online access would improve. (Since all the patches I've ever downloaded have created more problems with gameplay). Can anyone help with this?
  • Options
    I initially installed sims 4 when it came out with no issues, lag or otherwise. This week I downloaded all the updates and there is severe lag with the entire game. Creating a character, pulling up the menu, trying to pan to even look at the sims standing on the lawn etc were all jarring. I lowered the resolution, turned Origin offline, signed out and back in with no improvement to the game play. I don't have mods. It took me two hours before I gave up. I don't want to play online. I only want to create characters and houses. Is there a way to play from the disc like the other versions of sims? I don't require perks or anything that online access would improve. (Since all the patches I've ever downloaded have created more problems with gameplay). Can anyone help with this?

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having issues.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. If you are playing a hoiusehold,, try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps. Log into Origin, click on the origin label and click "go offine " from the drop down menu.

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Check that your graohics drivers are uptodate.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    I too suffer with lag. However, it runs fine when I first start the game, but then it starts to bottleneck over time. I am thinking this is because there are so many actions going on at once that eventually over a 4 hour period it bottlenecks and stops responding. The reason I think its a memory problem (more with the game considering I have 32 gigs of memory) is because when I restart the game, it works just fine, until 4 hours later when it bottlenecks again.
  • Options
    DJrax wrote: »
    I too suffer with lag. However, it runs fine when I first start the game, but then it starts to bottleneck over time. I am thinking this is because there are so many actions going on at once that eventually over a 4 hour period it bottlenecks and stops responding. The reason I think its a memory problem (more with the game considering I have 32 gigs of memory) is because when I restart the game, it works just fine, until 4 hours later when it bottlenecks again.

Hello
    It is helpful to read your feedback on the issue. It may be best to restart your game after a few hours have passed and try to prevent the lagging.
    Also, check to make sure that you are using 64 bit mode.
    To do that ,
    Go to games library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Check that the “When launching this Game” setting is set to “The Sims 4 64-bit