Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    anyone want to know an interesting fact about Whales?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    The house is done for now. The empty room I am not sure yet it will be
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Happy timezones everyone! And happy birthday to @remi_narrow and @kurdaneva! :)

I slept for about 6 hours today in the afternoon (in addition to last night)! Had a bad headache, but wow...I didn't know I could sleep that much! :D

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekends! :)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

happy birthday, @remi_narrow and @kurdaneva! Hope you both have/had wonderful days!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Sure, @MadameLee. I like whales. Every time I think of whales, I think of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. I grew up and vacationed near where they filmed at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and San Francisco.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @AdamsEve1231: I'm not a trekkie but I need to watch that now. I spent so much time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium as a kid and some of my earliest memories are there. (now I have more reservations about zoos and aquariums and ethics...but dang I love those sea otters too)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Of course !

Also , if you know any interesting facts about Wales , I'd be very interested, too.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Happy timezones everyone! And happy birthday to @remi_narrow and @kurdaneva! :)

I slept for about 6 hours today in the afternoon (in addition to last night)! Had a bad headache, but wow...I didn't know I could sleep that much! :D

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekends! :)

Hope you feel better !

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Sure, @MadameLee. I like whales. Every time I think of whales, I think of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. I grew up and vacationed near where they filmed at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and San Francisco.

@AdamsEve1231 @CathyTea you know how wales have blowhole? Well teethed wales (ie Right wales, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wales) only have one hole. But other whales like the BLUE whale (which don't have teeth but have a plate in their mouth called Baleen((which feels like wood)).)-have two blow holes. It almost look like a nostril. So the whales we see on TV a lot which only has one "steam" coming out means they must be a teeth whale

Another trivia fact (that's related to whale) you know how women used to have to wear corsets? Well parts of the earlier corsets didn't use whale bone (like thought) but actually used baleen.

I only discovered about that since my Mom and I went into Toronto and the first thing we did was head to the Royal Ontario Museum for a special exhibit about two blue whales that washed up on the shore of Newfoundland in March 2014.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    @InfraGreen I know what you mean about zoo/aquarium ethics. On the one hand I love seeing the animals and learning about them, on the other I feel a lot of zoos and aquariums have unethical practices.

@MadameLee that's honestly really fascinating. I've learned something new today! Plus I have a secret love for aquatic critters... They're just do different from us yet not.
    Did you know some whales sleep in a suspended position in the water? I found that out the other day. If only I could find the video again.
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hope you feel better !

Lots better, thank you! :) And I had a good supper of noodles and soup too which helped. :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2017
    @eXokamikaze I'm glad you're feeling better :). Headaches are no fun.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    And hi everyone! What's this? Another Chrysanthemum Tango -update within the week? The world must be ending! Or not. I just have a vacation. :D

Well, here it is:

Chapter 40: Cheating Death
    KYmKreR.jpg

Sometimes it’s about narrowly avoiding something fatal. And sometimes it’s about hitting Death hard enough for things to go all kinds of wrong.

Have a lovely time you guys! :)
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    EiraRose wrote: »
    @InfraGreen I know what you mean about zoo/aquarium ethics. On the one hand I love seeing the animals and learning about them, on the other I feel a lot of zoos and aquariums have unethical practices.

@MadameLee that's honestly really fascinating. I've learned something new today! Plus I have a secret love for aquatic critters... They're just do different from us yet not.
    Did you know some whales sleep in a suspended position in the water? I found that out the other day. If only I could find the video again.

@EiraRose you're welcome
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    This is the LAST SUITOR (I am doing a happy dance because it took forever) ... next comes the vote <3 and BTW this is my 100th blog woo woo woo :)

TY @Munterbacon for the incredible sim!! He is def a wonderful #boredomcutie!

Special appearances by simmies from @Maladi777 and @VIRTUALEE

Amazing poses from Finelines story teller @xjojox too

Builds from @Brennachan ... @Larifari2009 .. @hatsyYT (and others)

[img][/img]71qZWXf.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/07/07/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-15-meet-hugo/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231: I'm not a trekkie but I need to watch that now. I spent so much time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium as a kid and some of my earliest memories are there. (now I have more reservations about zoos and aquariums and ethics...but dang I love those sea otters too)

@InfraGreen that's partly why I like that Star Trek. They save the whales!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good afternoon!

Aubrey and Julio make it to the prom. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-prom-night-part-ii/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    And hi everyone! What's this? Another Chrysanthemum Tango -update within the week? The world must be ending! Or not. I just have a vacation. :D

Well, here it is:

KYmKreR.jpg

Sometimes it’s about narrowly avoiding something fatal. And sometimes it’s about hitting Death hard enough for things to go all kinds of wrong.

This chapter is so amazing! :o

• Options

Well, here it is:

KYmKreR.jpg

This chapter is so amazing! :o

@CathyTea Aw, thank you! :blush:
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Guess what? It's Start Fresh Saturday... and....

in honor of its two-year thread-a-versary...

and in recognition of the long and esteemed tradition of summer reading...

We are re-opening Book Club! :)

Nominations for Coffee Hour Readings and Tasty Read writers will be accepted through July 15. Just swing on by the Book Club thread to find the Nomination Form, then PM your form to @swcheppes .

Many thanks to @Simslover163 for volunteering to co-host and for offering great suggestions for making Book Club more fun, inclusive, and engaging! And many thanks to @swcheppes for great ideas and helping with the nominations! And many thanks to all the lovely friends and readers who offered suggestions!

It's gonna be a long, hot summer (or a long, cold winter, depending :D )--let's read! :)

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Guess what? It's Start Fresh Saturday... and....

in honor of its two-year thread-a-versary...

and in recognition of the long and esteemed tradition of summer reading...

We are re-opening Book Club! :)

Nominations for Coffee Hour Readings and Tasty Read writers will be accepted through July 15. Just swing on by the Book Club thread to find the Nomination Form, then PM your form to @swcheppes .

Many thanks to @Simslover163 for volunteering to co-host and for offering great suggestions for making Book Club more fun, inclusive, and engaging! And many thanks to @swcheppes for great ideas and helping with the nominations! And many thanks to all the lovely friends and readers who offered suggestions!

It's gonna be a long, hot summer (or a long, cold winter, depending :D )--let's read! :)

i'd settle for one winter and summer feel the same now. hot.
  • Options
    been watching videos about the sims 4 parenthood stuff. really want this game
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @msbeckycat I got it the day it came out and I absolutely love it. It's my favorite game pack yet (though I haven't gotten Spa Day, which also looks neat).

I'm considering ordering TS2 and a few of its expansion packs off of Amazon (Nightlife, University, Seasons, and FreeTime for sure, maybe Pets but probably not). But I'd only get to play it when I'm home on school breaks. So would it be worth it?
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    @msbeckycat I got it the day it came out and I absolutely love it. It's my favorite game pack yet (though I haven't gotten Spa Day, which also looks neat).

I'm considering ordering TS2 and a few of its expansion packs off of Amazon (Nightlife, University, Seasons, and FreeTime for sure, maybe Pets but probably not). But I'd only get to play it when I'm home on school breaks. So would it be worth it?

Walmart is out of stock and everyone else needs a credit card
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    sissy guess what i found. a file where ayden and elsa are maarried, but ilost the one where noel and lauren adopted ace. now i got to make him and drop him in game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top