Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok this needs to be fixed

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,099 Member
Usually I can disregard the minor bugs like a radio that is constantly playing or even one of my current gripes with the kleptomaniac bug where the stolen items are not showing in the inventory, but this doctor bug needs to be fixed stat. I paid full price for this Expansion Pack and my doctor sim can not get passed level two because he can't transfer cases. He also is given a task to give shots to diagnosed patients but there are none! They are all undiagnosed. And he can't diagnose any patients because he's still level two! This is unacceptable. He can't get promoted. So basically Get To Work is unplayable.

If my frustration is misplaced, please tell me if the issue is not the game itself. Are other people having these issues? I believe I read they are.

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited July 2017
    Though I haven't personally tried the doctor career yet I do plan to, and I know others have reported the same problems so you're definitely right, it needs to be fixed.

edit: tagging the relevant simgurus to this thread would help draw attention to the problem. but I don't know which ones to tag.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Though I haven't personally tried the doctor career yet I do plan to, and I know others have reported the same problems so you're definitely right, it needs to be fixed.

edit: tagging the relevant simgurus to this thread would help draw attention to the problem. but I don't know which ones to tag.

I'm not sure either. But i'll tag a few. @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNick
  • Options
    IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    I have had the issue of transferring the case. However, it worked evetually. Whenever I play as a doctor I just avoid the tasks I can't do until they become available. Just do the other tasks the game gives you and you can get gold without giving the patient a shot or transferring the case. Unless, the game is only giving you those two tasks, in which case I've got no clue what to tell you.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    I have had the issue of transferring the case. However, it worked evetually. Whenever I play as a doctor I just avoid the tasks I can't do until they become available. Just do the other tasks the game gives you and you can get gold without giving the patient a shot or transferring the case. Unless, the game is only giving you those two tasks, in which case I've got no clue what to tell you.

That is exactly what is happening. I'm am doing all possible tasks and those were the only two left. Two work days in a row I sent my sim home early because there was nothing I can do.
  • Options
    Are you superdipersuperduper sure that you can't transfer a case? You have to click on the Doctor, who's most likely analyzing 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and you might have to introduce yourself. It should be under a specific grouping, but if not I'd suggest searching for it.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    have you analyzed a patient's sample yet?
  • Options
    What actually happens to performance progress and career progression if you don't accompany them to work?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @BabySquare Are ya asking me or OP?
  • Options
    @BabySquare Are ya asking me or OP?

Anyone really.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    What actually happens to performance progress and career progression if you don't accompany them to work?

It doesn't change, the only way to improve performance is to go to work.
  • Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

It doesn't change, the only way to improve performance is to go to work.

No? I'm pretty sure it works like a normal career. I've had Sims in my household that I didn't follow to work and I'm pretty sure they were being promoted.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Sometimes there is a requirement to go into work to get a promotion, but not always. Mostly tho', the career works like other inactive career.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Are you superdipersuperduper sure that you can't transfer a case? You have to click on the Doctor, who's most likely analyzing plum, and you might have to introduce yourself. It should be under a specific grouping, but if not I'd suggest searching for it.

1000% sure. I know how to play the game. I am best friends with the doctor. I was able to transfer the case at level one with no problem. I asked the doctor. After I was promoted to level two I am NOT able to transfer patient cases. Yes, I have analyzed a patient sample. I have looked at the options so many times to double check. It is not there to transfer the case. The other issue is just as annoying. Asking my sim to give shots to diagnosed patients. All the patients are undiagnosed and my sim is not at a level to diagnose them. It's all messed up. Right now I'm just sending him to work without me following him....but where is the fun in that? It's suppose to be an active career!
  • Options
    @aaronrulz Have you tried repairing the game via Origin?
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    edited July 2017
    Can't say if this is part of your particular problem, but there are few things I've observed in my game (currently playing a doctor) that might help you along.

1. The doctor can change and is not always correctly dressed. Currently, my hospital staff consists of Jade Rosa, Dina Caliente, and a random townie that has changed twice. My sim is currently only level 3 in the career, so the townie change out happened randomly and quickly, from one sim day to the next.

Now, Dina alternates between the doctor's coat and the surgeons uniform. At level 2, I was transferring cases to Dina who only seems to stand in the lobby all day long regardless of the outfit she shows up in that day. Once I got to level 3, I now transfer cases to the townie who only hangs out in the analysis lab.

Long story short, check the other worker sims just to be sure the game hasn't reset the doctor for whatever reason without dressing them correctly.

2. Where certain interactions are found has changed. I remember when I first got the expansion and played through the careers, the special work-based interactions showed up in the quick social menu. Now when I play the active careers, those interactions rarely show up in the quick menu. I almost always have to search for them in the friendly interactions. Sometimes, the transfer patient option will show up when I hit "more options" (or however it's phrased) from the quick social menu and be listed amongst the catagorized social options.

So maybe just maybe, the option is there but hiding from you.

3. You have to successfully collect a sample from the patient before you can transfer their case. At least for me, the option does not show up until a sample is collected. If you fail the sample collection, even if you succeed with all the other examination processes, you won't get the option to transfer the case.

4. The game will give you impossible to complete tasks at times. I had one day where I was supposed to fix broken equipment (nothing was broken) and mop up puddles (there were none on the lot). I got crummy performance that day simply because I could only complete one task at a time, as the other two were locked up with tasks that I literally couldn't do. It's obnoxious when it happens, but it does happen.

In any case, I hope you're able to get your promotion and transfer cases again soon. It's a fun career to play all in all, and you certainly deserve to play a game you paid good money for.
    Post edited by mmt3363 on
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Theres a mod thats supposed to add more staff to the lot on MTS. You could try it if you want.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Theres a mod thats supposed to add more staff to the lot on MTS. You could try it if you want.

This is actually appreciated but mods to fix the base game should not have to exist.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »

This is actually appreciated but mods to fix the base game should not have to exist.

completely agree
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »

I agree, and the majority of the bugs in this game should have been fixed long ago, but if this is the only option I have I might as well take it bc it doesnt look like its going to be looked at any time soon :lol:

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Perhaps after your sims have been promoted to a higher level, you will be able to return to going with them to the career lot.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Perhaps after your sims have been promoted to a higher level, you will be able to return to going with them to the career lot.

So if I cheated the promotion, do the tasks for "transfer patient cases" stop?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I am not sure what the tasks will come up for the next level, but the higher the level of your sim the more things they can do to diagnose and treat the patients,
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I am not sure what the tasks will come up for the next level, but the higher the level of your sim the more things they can do to diagnose and treat the patients,

It's pretty sad I *HAVE* to use cheats to play the game. It's ridiculous. Thanks for your help always @rosemow