Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you LIKE about TS4? What is EA doing RIGHT?

Comments

• Options
    SimAppleSimApple Posts: 27 Member
    > @BariSaxy said:
    > OEII1001 wrote: »
    >
    > BariSaxy wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > SimApple wrote: »
    >
    > @BariSaxy
    >
    > Im curious. If that is the "only thing" sims 4 has going for it, which it is not, then what do you spend time here in the sims 4 forum for? just to bash it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Clearly I chose to come into a topic and post something positive about The Sims 4 just to bash it. You got me.
    >
    > Is it such a problem that I still care what's going on in the series and voicing my opinion? Having played since the original The Sims and having spent hundreds of dollars on this series I think I've earned the right to have and state an opinion.
    >
    >
    >
    > Well it is pretty clear from the OP's remarks that they aren't looking for backhanded comments or general negativity. See just about every other thread on this subforum if you want to do that. Come on already.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As 'backhanded' as my comment may have seemed in claiming that it's the only feature of value to me in The Sims 4, I did answer the question with sincerity. If I didn't have anything positive to say I would not have responded to this topic. I responded solely because I did have an answer. Sorry it's not good enough for you.
    >
    >
    >
    > It isn't about me and it isn't about you. It's about having respect for your fellow posters.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I chose to respond to this topic because I did have a sincere answer. Being disrespectful would be someone coming into this topic and saying "There's absolutely nothing that The Sims 4 has done right. It is garbage." I actually went out of the way to respectfully state my opinion. I mean, look I even said "IMO".
    >
    > Now, I'm getting the idea that the OP would be more bothered by you all making a big deal about my post than about its existence to begin with. They didn't want this topic derailed, so... Just sayin'.

It still begs the question, if the sims 3 is so superior and sims 4 pales in comparison to one hell of a game called the sims 3 then why not go play it and spend time talking about that better game? rather than be negative on the sims 4 forum?
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    SimApple wrote: »
    It still begs the question, if the sims 3 is so superior and sims 4 pales in comparison to one plum of a game called the sims 3 then why not go play it and spend time talking about that better game? rather than be negative on the sims 4 forum?

Drop it. I already answered this question. You are derailing the topic.

Look, in the interest of putting this topic back on-topic from your attempts to derail it I'll post a few more positive things:

- The leaves of trees and plants are rendered in 3D, as opposed to what TS3 did which I did not like.
    - The outdoor lighting is much more flattering to sims than it was in TS3.
    - The game's lesser graphical demands as opposed TS3 are more appealing. Sure, it'd be nice if The Sims was graphically amazing, but the PCs required to run such games are just too darn expensive, and The Sims appeals to too broad of an audience to cater to the dedicated PC gamer base. For example, The Sims is pretty much the only PC series I care about, so I don't want to need to spend a fortune on a PC just to get the game in a state where it isn't constantly lagging.

The last point I'm not exactly sure I'm right on, though. I don't know how The Sims 4 runs, I just assume it is more friendly to people who have non-gaming PCs.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited July 2017
    Honestly guys I didn't find the persons comment that offensive personally, and they are allowed to give feedback as they please. They aren't breaking rules but if you guys really find it so offensive report the comment and let the mods decide. As it is this just derails the topic
    (but that is all threads so not surprising, there must be a rule that the universe will end if a thread stays positive beyond a certain point)

> @BariSaxy said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @BariSaxy
    >
    > Im curious. If that is the "only thing" sims 4 has going for it, which it is not, then what do you spend time here in the sims 4 forum for? just to bash it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Clearly I chose to come into a topic and post something positive about The Sims 4 just to bash it. You got me.
    >
    > Is it such a problem that I still care what's going on in the series and voicing my opinion? Having played since the original The Sims and having spent hundreds of dollars on this series I think I've earned the right to have and state an opinion.
    >
    >
    >
    > Well it is pretty clear from the OP's remarks that they aren't looking for backhanded comments or general negativity. See just about every other thread on this subforum if you want to do that. Come on already.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As 'backhanded' as my comment may have seemed in claiming that it's the only feature of value to me in The Sims 4, I did answer the question with sincerity. If I didn't have anything positive to say I would not have responded to this topic. I responded solely because I did have an answer. Sorry it's not good enough for you.
    >
    >
    >
    > It isn't about me and it isn't about you. It's about having respect for your fellow posters.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I chose to respond to this topic because I did have a sincere answer. Being disrespectful would be someone coming into this topic and saying "There's absolutely nothing that The Sims 4 has done right. It is garbage." I actually went out of the way to respectfully state my opinion. I mean, look I even said "IMO".
    >
    > Now, I'm getting the idea that the OP would be more bothered by you all making a big deal about my post than about its existence to begin with. They didn't want this topic derailed, so... Just sayin'.

It still begs the question, if the sims 3 is so superior and sims 4 pales in comparison to one plum of a game called the sims 3 then why not go play it and spend time talking about that better game? rather than be negative on the sims 4 forum?

Maybe because they want to still provide feedback to the game in hopes it will be something they can like one day. All feedback is just that people providing their opinion for the company to use at a latter date as they chose. This posters information is compleatly valid in that sense as it provides an opinion that the devs may or may not decide is useful. If all feedback is good feedback becomes pointless just as if it is all bad. If one doesn't want to see negative comments on the sims 4 the feedback thread isn't the place to hang out sorry to say.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I also love how one can visit each world and move between them with greater ease. A wonderful step forward.
  • Options
    @BariSaxy I dont need you to throw me a bone. It's fine if you think sims 4 has no features that are enjoyable despite having toddlers that are 50 times better than the previous version and much more impressive vampires. Or a gallery that allows players to download instantly in game. Or the ability to move a house or a room at any time.

I just would rather people who are obviously team "sims 3" or whatever not come to the sims 4 forum just to say this game has nothing going for it. It is not necessary. Be happy that you think sims 3 is awesome or whatever and keep it moving. But thats my opinion about that.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The new save recovery feature is also a great addition.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I also love how one can visit each world and move between them with greater ease. A wonderful step forward.

I actually love this as well.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Anywho, to hopefully get this train back on the rails, I would be remiss if I didn't specifically mention how awesome the vampires are in this game. Best in the series hands down.

I think so to and the toddlers
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Anywho, to hopefully get this train back on the rails, I would be remiss if I didn't specifically mention how awesome the vampires are in this game. Best in the series hands down.

So should EA interpret that as TS5 should focus even more on toddlers and vampires such that the other age groups could be simplified and dumped down instead because you mainly just love toddlers?

My problem with this thread is that it attempts to give the developers "positive" response on a few things and to lie and forget about everything else. But positivism isn't the way to tell the developers how to improve the game. By lying and ignoring the things that could be improved simmers only lie to themselves in a desperate attempt to really love a game (which they maybe want so hard to love because they think that they need it to escape problems in their real lives and convince themselves that TS4 is the mean to do it). So by leaving realism and lying to both the developers and themselves they create an artificial life. But the problems don't go away. The developers will likely develop the game in a doubtful direction and especially TS5 could become a misfoster which nobody would be able to love or even like no matter how hard they tried and simmers would then be forced back to the problems in their real lives anyway ;)

People in this thread also now attempt to force TS3 players to leave the Sims 4 forum such that the developers won't even know that some simmers still prefer TS3 over TS4. But is lying and pretending that TS4 is a perfect game just because it now has toddlers and vampires really so necessary for you? Do you really want to give the developers the impression that TS4, toddlers and vampires are the only things that matter for you?
  • Options
    > @BeJaWa said:
    > Honestly guys I didn't find the persons comment that offensive personally, and they are allowed to give feedback as they please. They aren't breaking rules but if you guys really find it so offensive report the comment and let the mods decide. As it is this just derails the topic
    > (but that is all threads so not surprising, there must be a rule that the universe will end if a thread stays positive beyond a certain point)
    >
    >
    > > @BariSaxy said:
    > > OEII1001 wrote: »
    > >
    > > BariSaxy wrote: »
    > >
    > > OEII1001 wrote: »
    > >
    > > BariSaxy wrote: »
    > >
    > > SimApple wrote: »
    > >
    > > @BariSaxy
    > >
    > > Im curious. If that is the "only thing" sims 4 has going for it, which it is not, then what do you spend time here in the sims 4 forum for? just to bash it?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Clearly I chose to come into a topic and post something positive about The Sims 4 just to bash it. You got me.
    > >
    > > Is it such a problem that I still care what's going on in the series and voicing my opinion? Having played since the original The Sims and having spent hundreds of dollars on this series I think I've earned the right to have and state an opinion.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Well it is pretty clear from the OP's remarks that they aren't looking for backhanded comments or general negativity. See just about every other thread on this subforum if you want to do that. Come on already.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > As 'backhanded' as my comment may have seemed in claiming that it's the only feature of value to me in The Sims 4, I did answer the question with sincerity. If I didn't have anything positive to say I would not have responded to this topic. I responded solely because I did have an answer. Sorry it's not good enough for you.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > It isn't about me and it isn't about you. It's about having respect for your fellow posters.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I chose to respond to this topic because I did have a sincere answer. Being disrespectful would be someone coming into this topic and saying "There's absolutely nothing that The Sims 4 has done right. It is garbage." I actually went out of the way to respectfully state my opinion. I mean, look I even said "IMO".
    > >
    > > Now, I'm getting the idea that the OP would be more bothered by you all making a big deal about my post than about its existence to begin with. They didn't want this topic derailed, so... Just sayin'.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It still begs the question, if the sims 3 is so superior and sims 4 pales in comparison to one plum of a game called the sims 3 then why not go play it and spend time talking about that better game? rather than be negative on the sims 4 forum?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe because they want to still provide feedback to the game in hopes it will be something they can like one day. All feedback is just that people providing their opinion for the company to use at a latter date as they chose. This posters information is compleatly valid in that sense as it provides an opinion that the devs may or may not decide is useful. If all feedback is good feedback becomes pointless just as if it is all bad. If one doesn't want to see negative comments on the sims 4 the feedback thread isn't the place to hang out sorry to say.

My opinion still stands. Not going to keep going back and forth. I noticed a trend of people who are dedicated to sims 3, coming to the sims 4 forum to claim this game is awful and has nothing good about it. I dont need to report anything that is what posting my opinion in response is for ;)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well my advise is don't engage the off topic trolls and flag if needed. Easy Peasy. Especially when the OP of a thread has asked for them to stop.
    File this under the this is why we can't have nice things category. Just wow.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Erpe wrote: »

So should EA interpret that as TS5 should focus even more on toddlers and vampires such that the other age groups could be simplified and dumped down instead because you mainly just love toddlers?

My problem with this thread is that it attempts to give the developers "positive" response on a few things and to lie and forget about everything else. But positivism isn't the way to tell the developers how to improve the game. By lying and ignoring the things that could be improved simmers only lie to themselves in a desperate attempt to really love a game (which they maybe want so hard to love because they think that they need it to escape problems in their real lives and convince themselves that TS4 is the mean to do it). So by leaving realism and lying to both the developers and themselves they create an artificial life. But the problems don't go away. The developers will likely develop the game in a doubtful direction and especially TS5 could become a misfoster which nobody would be able to love or even like no matter how hard they tried and simmers would then be forced back to the problems in their real lives anyway ;)

People in this thread also now attempt to force TS3 players to leave the Sims 4 forum such that the developers won't even know that some simmers still prefer TS3 over TS4. But is lying and pretending that TS4 is a perfect game just because it now has toddlers and vampires really so necessary for you? Do you really want to give the developers the impression that TS4, toddlers and vampires are the only things that matter for you?
    I'm not convinced this fourm is about only promoting positivity. Well no it is but it is one thread out of how many others that are negative.
    The trying to chase out ts3 players is unfortunate but something I think many come to expect now. Not that it should be expected :/

To every other simmer out there don't let others police you. The only rules you have to follow are the fourm rules and do follow those, but otherwise nobody else matters just do you.
    Impraticular @BariSaxy on this thread, you did nothing wrong here. *hugs* (I like your user name its clever)
  • Options
    Isn't calling people trolls for expressing their opinion , against the rules hermit girl? I think that is worse than being "off topic". Who are you to say someone is a "troll"? For dicussing a topic?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well my advise is don't engage the off topic trolls and flag if needed. Easy Peasy. Especially when the OP of a thread has asked for them to stop.
    File this under the this is why we can't have nice things category. Just wow.
    Yep same reason we no longer have lol buttons, people are crule.
    Although to be fair we are off topic right now :p
  • Options
    BeJaWa wrote: »

I'm not convinced this fourm is about only promoting positivity. Well no it is but it is one thread out of how many others that are negative.
    I should probably have mentioned that what I wrote wasn't targeted at the OP who likely just wanted to have one thread to mention what we like in TS4 and other threads to mention what we don't like. Otherwise the title of this thread would instead have been something like "Why we love TS4 so much?" But a few other simmers have have attempted to change the discussion in that direction anyway. Thereby they have IMO just shown that the OP's likely intention to avoid more fighting between TS4 lovers and simmers who don't really like TS4 can't work just by making a thread where only positive talk about TS4 is permitted.
    The trying to chase out ts3 players is unfortunate but something I think many come to expect now. Not that it should be expected :/
    We can't avoid that simmers who work very hard on loving TS4 won't like it when other simmers go on mentioning things that they don't like. But this is the feedback forum. So we need to give both positive feedback and negative feedback on things that we think should have been improved.
  • Options
    Calling people trolls is so silly and I also think it is against the forum rules. It's crazy how some people act like they are so superior and then turn around and exhibit the same behavior that they say others are doing. Anyway, I have no problem with anybody who doesnt like sims 4. But to say it has nothing going for it, I dont agree with that, it isn't realistic.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2017

If that is how EA interprets all of these threads in this entire forum, both negative and positive, then you must really think EA is...low on the IQ level. What rational human being would think that?

To answer you: No, I just want the devs remember to do better if there is a Sims 5. They should remember that many simmers want toddlers for next time, and that many simmers love these kinds of toddlers (and the vampire system). I am hoping that toddlers will be base game material next time, and that that the Sims 5 toddlers would be as good as they are done in this iteration (Sims 4).

Like you said, we should give both positive and negative feedback. This thread was trying to be a positive feedback thread, and I respected that.

There are plenty of feedback threads for constructive negative feedback, so I don't see what is the problem. I am complaining on other threads, so it's not like I am going "Rah! Rah! sims 4 is perfect and the best! And there should be no changes whatsoever!!!111!11!!!"

I assume EA devs can take feedback of all kinds, and hopefully act and think like rational human beings.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BeJaWa wrote: »

I should probably have mentioned that what I wrote wasn't targeted at the OP who likely just wanted to have one thread to mention what we like in TS4 and other threads to mention what we don't like. Otherwise the title of this thread would instead have been something like "Why we love TS4 so much?" But a few other simmers have have attempted to change the discussion in that direction anyway. Thereby they have IMO just shown that the OP's likely intention to avoid more fighting between TS4 lovers and simmers who don't really like TS4 can't work just by making a thread where only positive talk about TS4 is permitted.
    We can't avoid that simmers who work very hard on loving TS4 won't like it when other simmers go on mentioning things that they don't like. But this is the feedback forum. So we need to give both positive feedback and negative feedback on things that we think should have been improved.
    Ah ok, thats fair. Still an unfuortunate situation for both cases.

Op I actually like the topic ideas and I also thought of something else I like.
    I enjoy the lot traits because it helps me build my towns atmosphere better and make each world a little more unique. Impraticular I have fun doing haunted houses but I use the traits for other things as well just to help add that certain feeling to a place.
  • Options

If that is how EA interprets all of these threads in this entire forum, both negative and positive, then you must really think EA is...low on the IQ level. What rational human being would think that?
    I actually don't think that EA (Samantha Ryan or Patrick Söderlund in this context) is reading this forum at all and not even the developers in Maxis seem to read it very often anymore. EA seems to me to let the mentioned marketing experts decide how to make the games and they apparently take the decisions from their ideas about the market and likely only discuss the options a little with the developers.

But the idea with a feedback forum is still feedback and the feedback should both be positive and negative if such a forum is of any use at all.
    To answer you: No, I just want the devs remember to do better if there is a Sims 5. They should remember that many simmers want toddlers for next time, and that many simmers love these kinds of toddlers (and the vampire system). I am hoping that toddlers will be base game material next time, and that that the Sims 5 toddlers would be as good as they are done in this iteration (Sims 4).
    I don't think that EA will omit toddlers next time because now EA knows that omitting them will just give so much negativity in the reviews everywhere that EA later will have to add the toddlers anyway.

Vampires are different. But EA usually adds them in some expansion because EA knows how popular vampires have been in TV series and movies for young teens (starting with Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and how popular also other kinds of supernatural TV series and movies still are.
    There are plenty of feedback threads for constructive negative feedback, so I don't see what is the problem. I am complaining on other threads, so it's not like I am going "Rah! Rah! sims 4 is perfect and the best! And there should be no changes whatsoever!!!111!11!!!"
    The problem still is that some simmers just want to lie and claim that TS4 is a perfect game while others don't like TS4 at all and that those two groups can't discuss the game with eachother without fighting. Claims about TS3 simmers not having any right to be in the Sims 4 forum at all don't help either.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    -Art style is gorgeous

- Sims wear their emotions on their sleeve and it is adorable

- The gallery is a modern marvel, unlike the clunky inconvenient way of sharing stuff in ts3.

- Build mode is smart and innovative.

- I love that the spa is not a rabbit hole like in sims 3. I always wanted to go to the spa with
    my sims when I played 3 , but I couldn't.

- Sims are easy on the eyes. We havent had normal looking or beautiful cc free sims in this series until now, in my humble opinion.
    Sims 3 sims look like clay puppets to me, with straw for hair.

@SimApple

I love how you berate someone later in the thread for giving backhanded comments and being negative, yet it's okay for you to do it? Is that because we're in the Sims 4 section (yes, section...these aren't the Sims 4 forums...it says 'The Sims' at the top) that you think it's okay. Pot meet kettle.

It's really interesting to me that no one really compares Sims 4 to Sims 3 except in this section of the forums (any threads that are in the Sims 3 section were most likely moved there from here) and then people get annoyed when people that do enjoy the Sims 3 try to point why they prefer it to other iterations. Boggles the mind.

Anyway, back on topic; things EA is doing right with the Sims 4...
    - The ability to search for items and by pack in buy mode
    - The ability to move houses around without having to rebuild
    - The ability to upload rooms to the gallery
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    There's a lot of things in TS4 that I really like...
    • The art style, I just like everything about it from the sims to the worlds.
    • CAS, I like the sculpting options and it's so easy to personalize sims.
    • I also like how sims can travel between all the worlds.
    • Patches, I really like how they patched in missing features or extra posters, lights, etc in addition to game fixes.
    • DLC, I prefer TS4's GP and SP format instead of TS3's Store.
    • I also like the Save Recovery option that was recently added.
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    • I LOVE the vampires!
    • Really like CAS, best in the series by a mile
    • Like the toddlers
    • Restaurants are great, now I've got them to work again
    • The active careers
    • The club system
    • The add to group system
    • The added family game play with toddlers, and parenthood, and teens sneaking out
    • The modding community
  • Options
    > @aricarai said:
    >
    > -Art style is gorgeous
    >
    > - Sims wear their emotions on their sleeve and it is adorable
    >
    > - The gallery is a modern marvel, unlike the clunky inconvenient way of sharing stuff in ts3.
    >
    > - Build mode is smart and innovative.
    >
    > - I love that the spa is not a rabbit hole like in sims 3. I always wanted to go to the spa with
    > my sims when I played 3 , but I couldn't.
    >
    > - Sims are easy on the eyes. We havent had normal looking or beautiful cc free sims in this series until now, in my humble opinion.
    > Sims 3 sims look like clay puppets to me, with straw for hair.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @SimApple
    >
    > I love how you berate someone later in the thread for giving backhanded comments and being negative, yet it's okay for you to do it? Is that because we're in the Sims 4 section (yes, section...these aren't the Sims 4 forums...it says 'The Sims' at the top) that you think it's okay. Pot meet kettle.
    >
    > It's really interesting to me that no one really compares Sims 4 to Sims 3 except in this section of the forums (any threads that are in the Sims 3 section were most likely moved there from here) and then people get annoyed when people that do enjoy the Sims 3 try to point why they prefer it to other iterations. Boggles the mind.
    >
    > Anyway, back on topic; things EA is doing right with the Sims 4...
    > - The ability to search for items and by pack in buy mode
    > - The ability to move houses around without having to rebuild
    > - The ability to upload rooms to the gallery

Okay for me to do what? What are you talking about? The point is, dont talk about defending the forum rules when you blatantly break the rules by calling people "trolls" . Name calling and accusing others of trolling is definitely not a part of the rules the forum encourages. I didn't say anything flaggable. Just said that Sims 4 has many nice features. And yet Hermitgirl accused me of being a "troll" and encouraged others to "flag" my @SimApple
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @SimApple: No one has said anything 'flaggable' as you've called it. You called out @BariSaxy for being 'negative' (although I don't see their comment as negative really; it's their opinion on what they liked about TS4. By you comparing TS4 to TS3 and dragging TS3 down is more negative than what they said. Hence why I said Pot meet Kettle. That's not flaggable either; I just found it interesting that you'd write what you wrote and then have a go at someone for saying what the only thing that they liked about TS4...without dragging another game into it.

That's what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    @SimApple
    I am pretty sure @Hermitgirl was trying to give you friendly advice. She most definitely didn't specify you in anyway.
    Also for someone who wasn't going to keep going back and forth as you put it you sure still seem to be posting here a lot, and you called people silly and crazy in one post which by the way, is name calling as well. :|

Your opinion doesn't matter when it comes to the rules. If there is a problem report it. You can keep posting your opinion which you probably will, and I'm sure people will continue to respond because you will bother them enough that they feel compelled to, fact is it still means nothing with out moderators to back it up and if you really genuinely care about keeping this thread positive, you would stop.
    If you just want attention keep posting like this, I'm sure you will continue to get annoyed responses.
    You want the rules changed I would recommend going to the forum feedback section.

You really want to continue discussing this feel free to pm me, I am not however going to continue feeding this behavior on this thread, so I would not bother responding here, although I suspect you will continue to do so anyways.

Onto our wonderful topic:

Another thing I like about ts4
    I like how there are more ways to decorate the exterior of houses with things like the trims on roofs and cracked wall decor with vampires. I really enjoy being able to just add more interesting architecture on outside walls as it makes the houses look less box like and again give them a little more personality.