Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    You're welcome @MyFavoritedesign :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks to @rosemow for another great challenge! This one really captured my imagination, and I loved seeing the wonderful rooms that came out of it!

Many, many thanks to @shakerella, @WrathofCath, @folala, @Sjemmie03, @mannanna, for your kind comments on my room!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > amyybugg92 wrote: »
    >
    > Thanks @coolsim9999999 I'm glad you liked it! And @rosemow thanks for posting the photos for me! I should be able to do it myself really soon!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @amyybugg92
    > Just one more post and you will be a full member! :)

Well then, this is my last post as a "non-full member"! Yay! Thanks @rosemow for the lovely review!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > amyybugg92 wrote: »
    >
    > Thanks @coolsim9999999 I'm glad you liked it! And @rosemow thanks for posting the photos for me! I should be able to do it myself really soon!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @amyybugg92
    > Just one more post and you will be a full member! :)

Well then, this is my last post as a "non-full member"! Yay! Thanks @rosemow for the lovely review!

Hello@amyybugg92
    Try logging out of the site then log back in again, and see if that then registers you as a full member :)
  • Options
    @amyybugg92 --- It says you're a full member on my end on this website :D! Yay B)!!!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @Shellbell I love decorating with green. It is such a soothing and welcoming color. I like your room and that you dressed up your sims to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

@MyFavoritedesign It looks like a room of love. I like the beautiful flowers everywhere and the candles. Where is the picture with the heart drawn on it from? Is it cc?

@Sjemmie03 I am learning a bit about other holidays. This holiday sounds like a lot of fun for everyone! Orange is such an energetic and happy color. Your room reflects the holiday that you have described. It looks like the flea market on that table, drinking, dancing, and bubbles.

@coolsim9999999 I will be celebrating Independence Day on July 4th also. It is nice how you made the flag as the main decor of the room. The hotdog guy is hilarious! And your room shows what we Americans do.. cookout and fireworks!

@carolynrosser You say it is your first gazebo, it is so nice! I like that you've incorporated the red white and blue in all of your decor. I love those chairs. The teen wanting to just leave is so typical, unfortunately. LOL the mom put the ice cream on the floor. Everytime I bake a cake they put it on the floor. Why are they so crazy?! And then your mom has a fireworks accident and throws a look like, smh. Your pictures are a riot!

@amyybugg92 I love Thanksgiving also! It is the only meal that I don't mind cooking. The yellow flowers on the tables are pretty and cheerful. I see a lot of family can eat at this dinner. There is plenty of seating. I see their beds in the next room so they can go pass out after eating so much turkey. Can sims cook full turkeys? I'm going to have to check this out!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    @shakerella They can cook a roast chicken with the level 10 gourmet cooking skill. It just looks like turkey lol. And thanks for the review!
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2017
    shakerella wrote: »
    @MyFavoritedesign It looks like a room of love. I like the beautiful flowers everywhere and the candles. Where is the picture with the heart drawn on it from? Is it cc?

Thank you @shakerella so much for your lovely comment. :) The picture isn't CC. I have my own sims artist. He is very good. O lot of pictures are on my gallery. Anyone can use them and CC be not shown.
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    You're welcome @amyybugg92 :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Here's my entry. It's based on the Sapporo Snow Festival in Japan which is held I think in February of every year. I've never seen it, but I've always wanted to go and see the large and detailed ice sculptures on display. This room is one which really looks better at night.

Theme for the week: Room based on a national holiday
    Gallery name of Room: Sapporo Snow Festival Rm
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D03E59485DD711E78764C9CBD14E8863
    Pics:
    HrujV64.png
    YRf0btJ.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    It is very nice that you based your room on the Sapporo Snow Festival that is held in Japan @lsnishi :) I didn't know about the festival, and it was great reading and learning about it when I went to find out infornation about it! It would be so very nice to visit the festival in real life!
    It is very special that you have created the room so that we and our sims can enjoy celebrating the Festival! :) The room is so very pretty! Very nice white and blue icy colour scheme of the room! The snowflakes on the wall and the white glitters on the floor looks very pretty! The llama ice sculpture looks very great! The snow flakes look very nice encircling the sculpture,The little blue lit trees are very nice touches on the white cubes. The large lit trees the tree wall print look so very pretty in the room also! The snowboards look great! The strings of white lantern lights look very nice in the room. Sims will have lots of fun dancing to the dj booth music on the glass dance tiling floor! It is great that there is a bar area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools , having a drink from the bar. The drinks shelves and Japanese wall sign look great there.
    It is such a pretty snow festival room! It would look especially nice at night time! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for your wonderful comments @rosemow. I've gone to Japan to view the autumn leaves but have never gone during the spring (cherry blossom viewing) or winter (snow festival). I'd eventually like to go to those and also visit the onsen again (hot spring baths)! I believe Sapporo also has a very large and old beer brewery, so there's another reason to visit! :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Catch up time! Congratulations @MyFavoritedesign and @WrathofCath on your Maxis faves!! :star:
    @rosemow wonderful theme this week and a nice way for everyone to get to know a little bit more about each other too!
    @lsnishi beautiful gym, love the garden divider with those bright colours and your snow festival room is just magical, really beautiful.
    @marigold91 Welcome! your gym/therapy room had a great layout & love those alcoves with the plants
    @Shellbell lovely therapy room. I really like the curtained area with the couch and the that pictures really pops against the blue wall. Great St Patricks day room too, love the buffet table
    @MyFavoritedesign Lovely room, really eye-catching colour scheme and I love the MOO'd rosebush-obviously perfect for the theme too.
    @Sjemmie03 Love all the art and the Navy wall and floor contrasts beautifully with all the orange
    @coolsim9999999 So cool that the room actually looks like the flag! Looks really fun for a bbq too
    @carolynrosser beautiful gazebo, love the colour themed seats & the statue looks great. I was going to say be careful with the fireworks but it looks like I'm too late! :p
    @amyybugg92 gorgeous kitchen/dining room, really homey and warm, fits the theme perfectly

I was going to chose St Stephens Day-The day of the wren (26th December) but as the tradition is dying out a bit I decided to do St Patricks Day instead. On St Patricks day there are parades, everyone wears green and pins shamrock to their jackets, kids eat loads of sweets & grownups drink lots of 'nectar'! My room is a bar with a Ceili group playing traditional Irish music in the corner which is typical for pubs on St Patricks day. I went for quite a simple room this time because I spent too much time making the artwork!

Theme for the week: National holidays
    Gallery name of room: The Shamrock Lounge
    Origin ID: folala
    Link:
    Pics:34796993454_a73d3b40e3_h.jpg07-01-17_12-07-56 AM by fo lala, on Flickr

34796994254_91cab1ab6b_h.jpg07-01-17_12-05-55 AM by fo lala, on Flickr
    34796993644_e61576f0a2_h.jpg07-01-17_12-06-33 AM by fo lala, on Flickr
    34796993844_334c601c5b_h.jpg07-01-17_12-06-18 AM by fo lala, on Flickr
  • Options
    It is very nice that you have based your room on St. Patrick's Day @folala :) It is great that it is a bar venue, and sims can celebrate the day by enjoying sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and listening to the Irish music being played! The bar counter area is very nice! The drinks cabinet. looks great beside the walll. The green colour scheme of the room and the wall pattern look so very nice! The shamrock pattern under the candy dish table looks great! Very nice fireplace sitting nook! The bow and greenery themed fireplace looks nice. Sims will enjoy resting on the armchairs there in front of the fire, having a chat. The harp musical instrument looks great on the fireplace nook wall! The music alcove is great! Sims will enjoy sittimg on the seating there, listening to the Irish band. The Irish artwork on the room walls is so very creative! The coloured ceiling lights are pretty!
    Sims will enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day at the Shamrock Lounge! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @shakerella --- Thank you for your great comment about my flag room --- and the hotdog guy, too B)! Yes, most Americans can't wait for the cookouts and fireworks on the Fourth of July :D --- while remembering that in 1776 that day was the birth of our country. Thomas Jefferson was done writing with the Declaration of Independence in late June that year, but it took the Continental Congress a few days to ratify it .

@folala --- I'm glad you like my Outdoor American Flag, which is shaped like the flag B)! The Sims did have a fun cookout :) --- after the screenshots, the children, who had eaten too much sugar earlier, "repainted" some of the flag :#. Well, they cleaned it up and were told to respect our flag.

I love the harp above the fireplace in your room, as well as the shamrock rug B)! Saint Patrick's Day is another of my favorite holidays because most of my ancestors were Irish --- some were English, Polish and French, as well, but we really get into Saint Patrick's Day :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you @folala for you kind comments. And your St. Patrick's Day Room definitely makes me want a green beer and some corned beef and cabbage! Great ideas for the shamrock in the middle of the room and the harp over fireplace.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: Room based on a national holiday
    Gallery name of Room: Bastille Day Parade
    Origin ID: cat315118
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/85463ADC5E1111E789B2C9CBD14E8863?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cat315118&max=50&maxis=false
    In the morning, on Bastille Day, (le Quartorze Juillet/July 14) the French Independence Day, includes a military parade down the Champs-Elysees in Paris. The avenue begins at la Place de la Concorde, which includes the Roman Obelisk, and ends at l'Arc de Triamphe. The parade, however, begins at the arch. At night, fireworks illuminate the sky over the Eiffel Tower.

I'm American, but I'm fluent in French and have always wanted to go to Paris for this day. I've been to Paris 4 times, which were great B)!
    i8z0YDh.jpg
    The beginning of the Champs-Ellysees
    2QhRIjZ.jpg
    The end of the Champs-Ellysees
    86Wplg4.jpg
    side view

Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Your room to reflect Bastille Day looks very great! @coolsim9999999 :) It was very nice learning about the military parade that takes place along the Champs Ellysees on the national day. Your simsversion of the Champs Ellysees, the L'Arc de Triomphe and the La Place de la Concorde looks very nice! The trees lining the edges of the avenue look great! It looks great how you have done the Roman Obelisk. The water fountain looks nice there. The military vehicles look great! The red, blue and white of the French flag looks very nice on the arch, The men look great standing at the start and end of the Avenue, to signify the parade .
    It is a very nice French national holiday room to celebrate Bastille Day! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @rosemow --- Thank you very much :D! I'm glad you really like how I created the Champs-Elysees as a room in the Sims B)! As a room, that's as wide as I could make it, but I put all of the important parts/items on the avenue from beginning to end. I'm happy that you like the obelisk and the fountain that are the at la Place de la Concorde, as well as l'arc de Trimumphe at the other end! I wondered what I would use for the military parade people marching in it, and then, I thought of those action figures :D!

I have a copy of this in my game as a lot, instead of a room. I uploaded it to the gallery as a room, but I can upload the lot as not part of this challenge. If anyone wants it, then, let me know. The lot includes the surrounding area, as seen in my screenshots.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: National Holiday-Themed Room
    Gallery name of room : Viva America
    Origin Id : MyFavoritedesign
    Independence Day in the United States
    Pictures of the room :
    m76Lv8C.jpg
    2SdLsGA.jpg
    0ORqUDk.jpg
    nceFTeZ.jpg
    Gb8rG3H.jpg
    WjOBYyI.jpg
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    Viva America is a very nice kitchen and dining room to celebrate July 4th Indepemdence Day ! @MyFavoritedesign :) Very nice red, blue and white colour scheme of the room! The red and blue colours of the wooden dividers placed againt the white wall looks great! Very nice bar stool counter! The red, blue and white colour scheme of the stools is a nice touch. The floor rugs give a very nice look in the room ! The spakles on the blue floor rugs to reflect stars looks great! The red and blue columns and white wall in the vwall counter area looks great! The starry mirror suits well the US flag theme . The balloons and presents are special celebratory touches in the room. The fruit bowls, coffee pot , cake item , teapots wall,shelf and hanging utensils are nice kitchen touches. The blue colour of the stove area wall section looks great ! The red door and red coloured crockery cabinet l microwave and coffee machiinf looks nice in the room, The red flowers on the counters and red rose on the dining table are very pretty for sims to see when cookijng or eating meals. The red and blue edging of the windows and white around the door looks effective! Very nice red colour scheme of the dining table and chairs. Sims will enjoy meals at the table to celebrate the day.
    It is a very nicely designed and futnished red, white and blue room to celebrate July 4th! :) The blue and white colour scheme of the clothing and hair of the sims looks very nice!
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @rosemow I did not choose one mexican holiday but a room that can be use with almost all of them: there is always music, food and colorful deco. The food stalls work nice at the parks, but I usually place them alone. I like this idea and the room is not huge.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a National Holiday Themed Room
    Gallery name of room: Mexican Food Stall gallery link
    Origin id: osiazul
    Pictures of the room:
    nTR6N7E.png
    IxCae90.png
    XE3abuT.png
    pBvcS3f.png
  • Options

Thank you so much, @rosemow. It is always a joy to read your comments:)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    Mexican Food Stall is such a colourfully nice room to celebrate Mexican holidays! @emere :) It is nice that it is an outdoors room. The coloured overhead string of banners gives such a very nice look to the room! The water fountain and the circular floral item underneath it looks so pretty! It looks very nice how the tables and chairs have been set up there.Sims will enjoy sitting there eating and drinking food and drinks from the food stall. The different coloured chairs look nice together. . The candles on the table tops and the vases of flowers on the ground are very pretty for sims to see when sitting there. The balloons look very festive and celebratory! The patterned rectangular plant boxes and cactus suit the room type well
    It is a very nice place for celebrating holidays in! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top