Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @carolynrosser Love your red, white, and blue gazebo! So clean with punches of color. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Outdoor American Flag is such a very creatively designed room! @coolsim9999999 :) It is a very nice room to celebrate the 4th of July, Independence Day! It is great that is an outdoors room and it is in the form of the American flag! The red and white stripes and the 24 starry mirrors looks so very effective! The flooring looks great! It is a nice touch that there are six sims in the room, to represent each stripe in the flag. The red, white and blue colour scheme of their clothing and hair look great! The red, white and blue colour scheme of the room to reflect the flag looks great! It looks very nice how the red /white seat benches , white rock tables and picnic tables are set up for Sims to enjoy eating meals there. Sins will enjoy cooking hotdogs and hamburgers on the BBQ to eat whilst celebrating the day! The sim looks great dressed in a hot dog suit! Sims will enjoy standing around the bonfire at night time, as well as letting off fireworks to celebrate the day! The blue candles are a nice touch on the picnic tables. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The red fencing looks great!
    It is very nice pictures that you have posted of your sims celebrating the day!
    The design and layout of the American flag,4th of July themed room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited June 2017
    @rosemow --- Thanks so much for your really nice and detailed review of my room :D! I'm glad you like the way I portrayed the American flag and the other red, white and blue details, including the Sims' hair --- and the guy cooking hot dogs in his hot dog suit, as well as the screenshots B)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Independence Day Gazebo is a very stylishly nice room for sims to celebrate the 4th of July in! @carolynrosser :) The design of the gazebo and the white colour of it looks so very nice! The red, white and blue hanging banners and the red and blue circle floor mats, look very nice! They reflect the colours of the colours of the American flag very well, and look great! The alternating red and blue dining seats and the white dining table are a very nice touch! The sauces, condiments and red candle look great on the table. Sims will enjoy cooking hotdogs and hanburgers on the BBQ and making ice cream to enjoy eating whilst celebrating the day! The hat on the statue looks great! Sims will enjoy setting off fireworks to celrebrate the holiday at the gazebo.
    The pictures that you have posted of your sims celebrating the day are so great! I enjoyed reading the accompanying descriptions! You see so creative with the situations that you have taken photos of and the accompanying words! It is not good that the fireworks caused a fire! I am not sure why the mother put her delcious home made ice cream on the floor! She looks quite charrred in the later photo as a result of the fire! The look on the face of the teen , wanting to see her friends is great!
    The gazebo themed Independence Day room celebrates the day in a very nice way. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    shakerella wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone who commented on my gym.

This is a great thread to learn new building and decor ideas. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I am new to the forums and you all just accepted me right in. Thank you! I hope to get to know you all better over time :smile:

Hello @shakerella :) I am so glad that you like this thread. It is very nice that you have joined us, and thank you very much for the specialness that you also bring to the thread <3
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    So I didn't get around the designing the room for last weeks theme because I'm in the middle of packing to move next week! I finally had some down time, but missed the entry date for the last challenge. Thank goodness I instantly had an idea for this theme! That made it easy!

Weekly theme: National Holiday-Themed Room
    Gallery Name of Room: Thanksgiving Dinner
    Origin ID: amyybugg14
    Link to Flickr album
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3xic54

I chose Thanksgiving as my national holiday (USA) because aside from Christmas, it's my favorite holiday. It's the day America celebrates the Pilgrims' "First Harvest" way back in 1621 after they settled the colonies. We eat similar foods and give thanks for all that we have. So my room is pretty basic in a sense that it's nothing over the top. Where I really had fun, was making my sims cook some of the "traditional" foods and sit down to have dinner. Enjoy the pictures!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @amyybugg92 --- I really like your screenshots of Thanksgiving with the Sims B)! That looks like what we have for Thanksgiving dinner! I also thought your description of the holiday was great <3! Imagine having Thanksgiving for 3 whole days like the Pilgrims did --- and inviting 90 Native American friends --- so that's almost 150 people at Thanksgiving dinner --- cooking over the fire without electricity? The Pilgrims had an awesome idea though to celebrate their first harvest B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    So I didn't get around the designing the room for last weeks theme because I'm in the middle of packing to move next week! I finally had some down time, but missed the entry date for the last challenge. Thank goodness I instantly had an idea for this theme! That made it easy!

Weekly theme: National Holiday-Themed Room
    Gallery Name of Room: Thanksgiving Dinner
    Origin ID: amyybugg14
    Link to Flickr album
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3xic54

35601508645_fb31985fc1_z_d.jpg

35562809716_b39ef04419_z_d.jpg
    35601508515_536ec5e214_z_d.jpg
    35562809626_c62c880624_z_d.jpg

35601508195_e1c9904767_z_d.jpg
    35601507805_4ca493dbbd_z_d.jpg

I'll let simmers go to your flickr page and look at the rest of the photos of the Thanksgiving Celebration :)

I chose Thanksgiving as my national holiday (USA) because aside from Christmas, it's my favorite holiday. It's the day America celebrates the Pilgrims' "First Harvest" way back in 1621 after they settled the colonies. We eat similar foods and give thanks for all that we have. So my room is pretty basic in a sense that it's nothing over the top. Where I really had fun, was making my sims cook some of the "traditional" foods and sit down to have dinner. Enjoy the pictures!

• Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks @coolsim9999999 I'm glad you liked it! And @rosemow thanks for posting the photos for me! I should be able to do it myself really soon!
  • Options
    Thanksgiving Dinner room is a very special room to celebrate Thanksgiving day in! @amyybugg92 :) Very nice layout of the room! It is very nice that there are two dining areas in the room. The yellow flowers on the tops of the dining tables are pretty and sunny touches. The sims will enjoy sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. The wall shelving, birds wall decor and plates wall decor are nice touches, The books are a homely touch on the side wall table. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the drinks tray with their meal. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room. Very nice design of the kitchen nook in the room. The L shaped island sink and work bench counter looks great! The kitchen wall pattern looks nice. The kitchen cabinets look very nice how they are placed on the walls. The cookbooks, cake item, olive oils and knife set up are nice home touches. The fridge and stove nooks look great! Sims will enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the corner fountain and buffet table.
    It is very special photos that you have taken of your sims preparing and eating the Thanksgiving meal <3
    It is a very special Thanksgiving themed room! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
    I hope that your moving home goes as smoothly as possible.
  • Options
    You're welcome @amyybugg92 :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    Thanks @coolsim9999999 I'm glad you liked it! And @rosemow thanks for posting the photos for me! I should be able to do it myself really soon!

Hello @amyybugg92
    Just one more post and you will be a full member! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Sjemmie03 --- I just saw your room now. I think I was posting my room while you were posting yours. I really like all the orange stuff in your room B) --- orange has always been my favorite color! It looks very nice :)! I'm not Dutch (but I speak Dutch at an "intermediate" level and I've read about Kings Day on April 27 --- Queen's Day until 2014 on April 30.) Do you still not hold it on Sundays, and have it on Saturdays instead?
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    marigold91marigold91 Posts: 81 Member
    @shakerella thank you! :) really glad you liked it! That's the yoga instructor! I love how they pay attention to little details like that, she reads up on it when there is no class going :)

@amyybugg92 lovely room :) I've never celebrated thanks giving before, but in a room like that I'm sure i'd feel nice and cozy :) Good luck with your move! my thoughts are with you, I'm moving Monday and nothing is ready yet :'(:D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks so much for your lovely comments, @rosemow and @withlovejulien! This was a fun one to build.

@coolsim9999999: I love the idea of turning the whole patio into an American flag! So much fun. And the hot tub was a great idea. The guy in the hot dog suit reminded me of last April Fool's Day, when my husband and kids snuck into my legacy Sims game while I was asleep and dressed the entire family in hot dog suits. It was really funny. (And they got our dog a hot dog costume to go with it!)

@AmyBuggg: your Thanksgiving room is just beautiful! Just a really nice kitchen in general, and I enjoyed seeing the Thanksgiving menu items they're all eating!

@Sjemmie03: I loved learning about King's Day from your entry! I didn't know anything about it before, but it sounds like a really fun celebration. And your room is beautiful--very complex and full of life, if that makes sense. I feel like I learn a lot here about all the different ways you can give a room character.

@Shellbell: Your St. Patrick's Day room is great! The green bar with the beer sign is perfect, and I love all of the green accents, like the plumbob lamp and poster.

@MyFavoritedesign: Your bedroom is beautiful! It's perfect for St. George's Day, but it also makes a very nice bedroom in general. The red and white decor is just so vibrant!

I'm off to study world holidays, to see if I get inspired to make another room. Looking forward to seeing more entries!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Thanks for your heads up @Laebeth and @coolsim9999999 :) I decided to skip last week's challenge,obviously :)
    Can't believe how beautiful your gym turned out, Laebeth, love the brown wood.
    Welcome to the thread, @marigold91, very pretty first entry!
    This new theme sounds fun, love all the entries so far.

@Shellbell The green and orange look very nice together in your room. At least your Sim got the perfect hat on his head! :)
    @MyFavoritedesign Very pretty room in red/white! I have never heard of St George so thanks for the little history lesson! Piqued my interest so I had to google :)
    @Sjemmie03 love love love this room! The blue and orange makes it very pretty and all your photos, the hookay are so perfect for your theme! Don't know about that mailbox in the room though,haha
    @coolsim9999999 wowza, very creative room! Love how you decorated the walls and the floor. And of course the hot dog sim, haha, everyone has to have a hot dog! :smiley:
    @carolynrosser I always enjoy your little story with your pictures <3 You nailed your teenage sim, haha. Clever idea with the hanging drapes.
    @amyybugg92 Good luck with your move. Great take on Thanksgiving. Love the pic when they're all sitting down to eat. Now I want to eat stuffing and gravy ...

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

Thank you @carolynrosser and @mannanna for your lovely comments. :)
    I'm glad that you liked my bedroom and happy that you studied the history of the holiday. For me, this bedroom is more like a project on a topic. Maybe it's too bright for sleep. ;)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    @ all who commented on my rehabilitation room, thanks so much. Congrats to the maxis fave winners.

@rosemow : Thanks for the lovely reviews. It is really nice to see how much you enjoy all of the creations, appreciate all artists and take the time to give such detailed and positive reviews. You are amazing to us all and so very nice.

@Shellbell : Nice bright green color use, love the alternating chair colors....very inspirational.

@MyFavoritedesign : It looks amazing. You really made a beautiful room using the red and white theme. I often try to do so and fail, you make it work in so many ways.

@coolsim9999999 : I really like this. You make the flag, theme, colors and everything look amazing and so cool! Thanks for the comment on my room.To answer your question, we never celebrate Kingsday on a Sunday. Sometimes tourists don't realize it or they confuse Kingsday with Queensday. Every year we see people on the wrong day totally dressed in Orange looking for a party that isn't there.

@carolynrosser : Your room looks just like how i would imagine a 4th of July party would be, just knowing it from movies and such. Really cool! Thanks for your lovely comment.

@AmyBuggg : Really like the natural colors, they all match so nice, love the turkey on the table.
  • Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    @mannanna : Thanks for your lovely comment, i'm glad you like the room. And you made me laugh so hard :D ...didn't even see the mailbox. I thought i moved it before i took the pictures..haha
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @carolynrosser --- Thanks for your great comment about my room :)! I'm glad you liked how I used the American flag as the room B)! I think the Sims will enjoy the hot tub! I'm happy that my hot dog guy reminded you of that wicked awesome story about what your family did to you Sims (and you dog) on April Fool's Day :D! That's awesome B)! I can't wait for the Fourth of July! It's my favorite holiday after Christmas <3! I've started playing all the patriotic music on You Tube and Music Choice ;).

I really loved your room, too and your awesome screenshots and captions! Your room had a roof with fireworks lol... :o! I also really enjoyed seeing the Uncle Sam hat that you used, as well as your cook with the fun apron, and all the red, white and blue stuff throughout your room :D! Good luck studying world holidays for a possible second entry.

@Sjemmie03 --- Thank you for your great comment about my room :)! I’m happy you liked how I made the flag, as well as the other stuff that I placed in that room B)!

You’re welcome --- I thought you would keep the no Sunday celebration part when the day was switched to Kingsday. It’s so funny that some tourists show up in Orange on the wrong day because they don’t know about the no Sunday deal --- or they don’t know that the day has changed :o... lol!

@mannanna --- You're welcome :)! I'm glad you liked my flag walls/floor, as well as the hot dog guy B)! You're right, hot dogs really go with the Fourth of July :p!

@MyFavoritedesign --- Your St George's Day room was awesome B)! I liked all the details! It's not too bright :).

@amyybugg92 and @marigold91--- good luck moving :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I posted my message to the wrong topic...oops :o!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I posted my message to the wrong topic...oops :o!

Hello @coolsim9999999
    It is very easy to accidentally do that when we have a few threads opened on our screen. :)
  • Options
    @rosemow --- Thanks a lot B)! You're so right about that :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @Sjemmie03 and @coolsim9999999 for your lovely comments. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top