Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nectar making and canning are in the new survey!!!

I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
soul-glo.gif
Let your soul shine through.
Post edited by I8PIKACHU on

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited June 2017
    Only about 2% of the community probably knows about the surveys - and 98.6% of those that know are on a list.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    can you provide a link?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Wait a minute!

Hasn't this stuff been surveyed before?
    CARBON CONSCIOUS
    A collection of features that allows Sims to reduce their carbon emissions in a variety of ways. Some gameplay feature ideas include:

- Freegan Trait - Sims with the freegan trait have interactions to rummage in large or small trash cans, and potentially elsewhere, to scrounge ingredients. Will include some new ingredients to discover. (Apple core, banana peel, etc.) New ingredients will be used to prepare some new recipes that Freegan Sims will love. Freegan Sims can eat spoiled food without getting sick. Freegan Sims always want to use the Composter object, and will receive special moodlets when doing so.
    - Composter - An object that Sims can use to dispose trash, dead plants, spoiled food/harvestables, and to scrape the remains of meals into. As the composter is filled, the contents are converted into fertilizer. Fertilizer is then used on harvestables in accordance with the Gardening Skill.
    - Recycling - Recycle Bins can be placed from Build Mode that function differently than trash cans. Sims with certain traits will prefer to use a recycle bin when available, and will receive special moodlets for doing so. Sims will have an option to rummage through existing trash cans to sort their contents for recycling. Sims will have an option to take the recycling they’ve collected to a recycle center – Sim will walk off the lot and disappear, and return a short while later with extra simoleons.

LAUNDRY
    An optional gameplay system that’s only used by the active household when laundry objects are placed on the Sim’s home lot. Moodlets and modifiers to the decay rate of certain needs serve as some of the benefits and pushback of this system. Some gameplay feature ideas include:

- Washing Machine - Sims can use the washing machine to clean dirty clothes that are collected from a hamper, or from piles of clothes on the ground. Object could break, be upgraded, and potentially have a fun interaction or a funny failure.
    - Dryer - Sims can take clothes that have just been cleaned in the Washing Machine or the Wash Tub and have them dried. Object could break, as well as being upgraded.
    - Hamper - When a Sim in the active household changes their outfit on their home lot, laundry is added to the hamper as long as it exists anywhere on the lot. Over time, the hamper gradually fills up. If there is no hamper, or the hamper is full, then a clothes pile appears on the ground.
    - Clothes Line - Sims who prefer to be eco conscious can choose to use a clothesline as an alternative to the dryer. Using a clothes line does not require power and offers savings on the weekly bill, but clothes take longer to dry.
    - Wash Tub - Sims who prefer to be eco conscious can choose to use a wash tub as an alternative to a washing machine. Using a wash tub does not require power or water, and offers savings on the weekly bill, but the Sim must remain at the object to wash their clothes by hand. can choose to use a wash tub as an alternative to a washing machine. Using a wash tub does not require power or water, and offers savings on the weekly bill, but the Sim must remain at the object to wash their clothes by hand.

OFF THE GRID
    An optional gameplay system for Sims who want to disconnect from the utilities grid, and instead choose to live off the land. Some gameplay feature ideas include:

- Off the Grid Lot Trait - When this lot trait is selected, the lot no longer receives electricity or water utilities. Bills are significantly reduced or eliminated altogether.
    - Well Pump / Water Well - An object that provides a means of acquiring water. Sim would be required to occasionally pump water. An attached reservoir would display how much water is remaining to supply the lot before the well must be pumped again. If the reservoir is empty, objects requiring water become temporarily unusable if the Off the Grid lot trait is active. Reduces weekly bills, and has the potential to break or have upgrades.
    - Solar Panels - An object that provides a means of acquiring power. Sim would be required to occasionally calibrate and clean the solar panel to ensure it can still supply enough power to the lot. If panels are not maintained, then objects requiring power become temporarily unusable if the Off the Grid lot trait is active. Reduces weekly bills, and has potential upgrades. (May look like a traditional solar panel or may appear to be a tree made of solar panels. Will be a ground placeable object only.)
    - Wind Turbine - An object that provides a means of acquiring power. Sim would be required to occasionally calibrate and clean the wind turbine to ensure it can still supply enough power to the lot. If the wind turbine is not maintained, then objects requiring power become temporarily unusable if the Off the Grid lot trait is active. Reduces weekly bills, and has potential upgrades. (May look like a residential wind turbine on a pole or may appear to be a tree made of small wind turbines as leaves. Will be a ground placeable object only.)

FOOD PRESERVES
    A collection of features that add new things to do with your harvestable fruits and vegetables, allowing your Sims to produce and store food for personal use or profit. Some gameplay feature ideas include:

- Canning & Preserving - A new counter-top Electric Canning Pot that allows Sims to take harvestables and preserve them for long term storage, or to make fresh jams. When a harvestable is preserved, the contents of the canning jar will no longer spoil. At any point, the Sim can retrieve the harvestables as fresh as the day they were canned. When fruit is turned into a jam, new recipes are available to make Toast and Jam, Bagel and Jam, or Scones with Jam.
    - Nectar Making - A new Nectar Maker object, paired with the new Nectar Making Skill. Use of this object allows Sims to use grapes and other harvestables to create nectar, which can then be aged in Nectar Aging Racks to increase the value of the bottled nectar. New varieties of grapes would be available for planting and harvesting for Sims with the Gardening Skill.
    - Superfood Harvestable Plant - A new harvestable plant. (Exact type of plant not yet determined.) Superfood would add new recipes, or have the option of being added to some existing recipes to make them healthier.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    WARNING! THE SURVEY IS AGGRESSIVE.

On the page of choices - do not select something and then click 'Next' to see the next page - there is not a next page.

I just voted on CARBON CONSCIOUS when I wanted to see what was on the next page.

The 'Next' button is misleading. It is a 'Place Vote' button.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute!

Hasn't this stuff been surveyed before?

No, these are features.

soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    this poll is for the gameplay object and if you went something more useful in game or went landromat then you should consider laundry in your vote
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Nah, I voted for off the gird.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    this poll is for the gameplay object and if you went something more useful in game or went landromat then you should consider laundry in your vote

They can vote what they want in game
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Nancy01905 wrote: »

So it's okay for the OP to suggest everyone run and vote for canning but when another suggests laundry, it's a "they can vote however they want"? Wonder where you fall on the voting spectrum. Everyone can vote how the want, and if your going to jump down one persons throat for speaking their opinion, you should not be so biased.
  • Options
    @Dvieowl,

I know, i vote for stuff I think will work, it is the way he said it
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    Nancy01905 wrote: »

So it's okay for the OP to suggest everyone run and vote for canning but when another suggests laundry, it's a "they can vote however they want"? Wonder where you fall on the voting spectrum. Everyone can vote how the want, and if your going to jump down one persons throat for speaking their opinion, you should not be so biased.
    They made the post so why are you getting upset over them asking to vote for something. You don't have to listen to what they want and vote for another thing you want.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I'm just tired of everyone getting so b.u.t.t.h.u.r.t over laundry. It's like, "Oh, you should vote canning!" "Yeah, I agree!" "Oh, you should vote off the grid, adds more gameplay!" "Yes, it does!" "Oh, you should vote laundry!" "They can vote what they want!" Like, it's okay for every person to push their own thoughts, as long as it's not laundry. If it's laundry, then those voters should be quiet and not speak their preference.

I voted one way and another person in my house voted for something else. Why can't people just be nice and not be so rude about things they don't agree with? Everyone is pushing their own agenda. It shouldn't matter. Everyone will vote for whatever they want. The amount of people that are simply gonna vote for laundry because one person said they should is so minimal, it shouldn't even be a concern. 98% of people will vote for what interests them, not what they read someone tell them to vote for.
  • Options
    Let's be honest here.

The diplomatic solution is to give us all of them.

It is what I would do - I would just hand them all over.
  • Options
    Let's be honest here.

I'd be okay with that. I love all ideas. They each add something new to what we have and I won't be upset on whatever pack gets added.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I'm just tired of everyone getting so b.u.t.t.h.u.r.t over laundry. It's like, "Oh, you should vote canning!" "Yeah, I agree!" "Oh, you should vote off the grid, adds more gameplay!" "Yes, it does!" "Oh, you should vote laundry!" "They can vote what they want!" Like, it's okay for every person to push their own thoughts, as long as it's not laundry. If it's laundry, then those voters should be quiet and not speak their preference.

I voted one way and another person in my house voted for something else. Why can't people just be nice and not be so rude about things they don't agree with? Everyone is pushing their own agenda. It shouldn't matter. Everyone will vote for whatever they want. The amount of people that are simply gonna vote for laundry because one person said they should is so minimal, it shouldn't even be a concern. 98% of people will vote for what interests them, not what they read someone tell them to vote for.
    I don't want laundry so I didn't vote for that I wanted canning it sounded fun and more to sell at our shops.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I agree DivieOwl, i love having different stuff as well, I don't like when others to tell me what to vote for. I vote for stuff that could be fun in the game.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    off the grid = canning > the other one > laundry
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Let's be honest here.

I want all of them! I don't want to pick out of these options... I like them all :(
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I think we are likely to end up with a couple of them in some form in some pack
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

I voted for Preserves and Nectar, but I must admit the Off the Grid did pique my interest. I'd be all for it if my sims could live in Granite Falls or could live in an RV, or even a small camper. I think that would make more of an awesome EP than game pack feature. It would definitely make the Rags to Riches challenge more fun.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

I voted for Preserves and Nectar, but I must admit the Off the Grid did pique my interest. I'd be all for it if my sims could live in Granite Falls or could live in an RV, or even a small camper. I think that would make more of an awesome EP than game pack feature. It would definitely make the Rags to Riches challenge more fun.

That would be fantastic!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I went for preserves & nectar. I'm fine with decorative CC laundry. This seemed like the most fun option out of all of them.
  • Options
    DanninicoleDanninicole Posts: 32 Member
    Ok seriously though all of these things better make it into my game at one point or another. I love them all.

I voted food preserves though because canning would be awesome and I looooved nectar making in ts3. I always had a basement full of nectar.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member

For my vote.. and it was MY choice. I liked Off The Grid, and the Laundry .. very difficult to make up my mind, but finally went with Off The Grid. Hopefully, this will be something that will take us outside of the house.. other than gardening. :)