Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

Thank you @folala so much for your lovely comment. :)
    Mrs White on the Gallery
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited June 2017
    ENTRY Form
    Theme: Create a Cluedo Room with a Character Theme
    Character: Mrs Peac ock
    Room Name/Link: A Clue in the Kitchen
    Gallery ID: Ninnster

This has been a really busy week. My mums birthday, so been away to see her, and on top of that my youngest little one has been sick. So no sleep for me and a sookly baby. That means my available play time this week was significantly shrunk, and I didn't think I was going to be able to enter a room. I decided that darn it, I had to try, since I really love Cluedo. So tonight I cracked a couple of knuckles and got to it!

I decided to go with Mrs Peac ock and the Kitchen. Why? Not sure. I really wanted to do the conservatory since I've never done a room like that. But then I went in a different direction and decided to replicate the kitchen on the board game I currently use, the 2012 edition. A few changes were made, but tried to keep it pretty close. I'll add a photo of the room on the board at the end of the post, for those interested.

I apologize profusely that I have not had the time to keep up with your entries this week and comment. I have seen so many wonderful and creative rooms posted, so it's been fun to browse through the thread! :blush:

EWkza50.png,
    bEVRS7R.png,
    GG9hw0p.png
    1K45ljW.png

Here is the top down view of the room, and the room from the board game, to compare. I see I could have done a better job with the proportions, but that will have to be a job for a later time when I do the entire house? hmm. No. No more projects!
    cHug6sU.png
    Ib04RS3.jpg
    Post edited by Ninnster on
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @laebeth love the plane view shown with the clue board! Great match, too!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I am sorry to hear that your young son has been unwell :( You are a very caring Mother and it would be tiring for you as you cared for him. I hope that he is starting to feel better. Happy birthday to your Mother! It was special that you spent time with her celebrating the occasion <3
    A Clue in the Kitchen is very nice! :) You have reflected the layout and furnishing of the kitchen in the real Cluedo game so well! It looks just like it! The blue colour of the walls looks very nice, and the floor tiling adds a great look to the room! Very nice island sink counter and workbench! The saucepans, pots, bottle, condiments and food print are great kitchen touches in top of it. The blue colour of the cabinets and counters looks great , and the stone texture of the stone nook wall is great complementary texture to the blue walls. The experimental food pictures look great on the walls! The crockery cabinet, the wall knives, utensils and paper towels are nice homely touches in the room. The plants adds a nice touch of green and nature, as well as reflecting the inspiration room. The cookbooks look great placed on top of the fridge. The wall lights are pretty placed either sides of the crockery cabinet. It is very nice that there is a wall of windows. The sims would enjoy cooking meals there with sunshine coming in. Your simversion of Mrs. Peac ock is very nice!
    You have recreated the kitchen from the game so very well, and with a very nice blue colour scheme! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Very cool @Laebeth! It's almost exactly the Cluedo kitchen. Very clever going back to the actual Cluedo game.

I'm sorry to hear that your youngest isn't feeling well; I hope he (I think your youngest is a he) feels better soon. And best wishes on your Mom's birthday.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on the Maxis faves for your gorgeous rooms @ARADEMIS212 @mannanna and @MyFavoritedesign! :blush::star::star::star:

Thank you for the lovely comments @coolsim9999999 @shakerella @carolynrosser @folala and @mannanna (so glad the extra window idea is helping out) :blush:

I missed a couple of closets from last week, so I'll start with those first.

@Hisaosaka, beautiful red and white closet! Love all the armoires and pretty colors for your closet.

@shakerella, such a pretty closet! Love the window seat and pretty vanity.

@mancie, cool closet for a guy! Love the brick walls and cool chairs and rug. Nice set up for the hanging clothes too.

@kikyo_1987, love your pretty little closet! Cool idea for having items up on the top shelves.

@carolynrosser, nice idea and Cool closet! Love the rainbow walls, rugs and hearts.

@MyFavoritedesign, fabulously creative closet! Love the cool items you added to her closet essentials, like the lobster and suitcases.

And now for this week's entries. B)

Plum Hall is such a lovely entry way @Hisaosaka! Love the fabulous floor work you did too.

Love the warm colors for Scarlett Lounge @Shellbell! Such a cozy and warm room.

Love, love the way you did the double wall oven for Killer's in the Kitchen @KojiK! Such a pretty color combo for this pretty room.

Perfect piano choice for Miss Scarlett's Ballroom @coolsim9999999! I didn't even know we Had a red piano! Love the black and white tree wallpaper too.

Mustard in the Library is such a cute name for your pretty study @mancie! Love the pops of yellow (or I should say mustard) throughout the room.

Hah! :p Love the chalk outline of the victim in your Peac ock Conservatory @carolynrosser! Such a pretty room with all the plants and statues. So weird how some seemingly innocent names are misconstrued by the game. :/

Beautiful and elegant study for Mrs. White @MyFavoritedesign! She looks absolutely stunning in her beautiful white gown.

Ooooh, the center fountain you created for Small Conservatory looks fantastic @lsnishi! Love the shape of the room and the cool flooring you designed.

Nice idea to use the green items from the holiday pack for your lovely dining room @amyybugg92! Love the way you did the border with the floor too.

How clever is that billiards table you created @Ainsleyf! I would never have come up with something like that. Love the cool shape and pretty green furnishings you used.

Mrs. White's Conservatory is so pretty and elegant @mannanna! Love how you separated the bar area with the three quarter wall and fireplace.

Plum Conservatory looks so pretty with all the purple flowers and furnishings @Sjemmie03! Love the center arrangement surrounded by sofas.

Such a pretty conservatory for Mr. Plum @Jazztizz! Love the creative way you sectioned off the flower beds with the shrubs. The fencing looks really cool in there too.

Well, "Happy Birthday!" to your mum and I am so sorry to hear your little one isn't feeling well @Laebeth. Nice work replicating the kitchen from the game board and what a pretty edition it must be! I've never played Clue, so I have no idea what the boards look like. Love your cabinet choices and all the cool clutter on the island. Hope your little one feels all better soon! <3
  • Options
    Challenge 116
    Theme for the week: A Cluedo Room.
    Gallery name of room: White Lies
    Origin id: wrathofcath

I've never played the game Clue before but I really Love all the creative rooms everyone designed this week! I chose to make a lounge for Mrs. White.

06-17-17_114023AM_zpsj1hpe9nj.png

06-17-17_114153AM_zps9bfrff6a.png

06-17-17_114328AM_zps10ivv17h.png

06-17-17_114440AM_zpsrqsxcbwt.png

06-17-17_114608AM_zpslwvfz2qr.png

• Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks @rosemow @folala and @WrathofCath for your lovely comments! It definitely had me in a festive mood. I almost put on some Christmas songs lol. You guys are awesome and so faithful for commenting on each person's room. It's really special.
  • Options
    Egyptiansunsets3Egyptiansunsets3 Posts: 21 Member
    Truly beautiful room @WrathofCath, the room, White Lies, is crisp and clean, and beautiful layout. The fireplace area is especially exquisite.
  • Options
    The white colour scheme and the furnishing of White Lies looks so very nice! @WrathofCath :) It is such a very stylish lounge! Very nice fireplace sofa seats sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there reading a book in front of the fire, listening to the white grand piano being played. The candles and white flower are nice touches on the table. The design of the table looks great! It is very nice that the aroma of incense will fill the room. The type of floor rug used gives a nice warming look to the room. It looks very effective placed on the brown flooring! The white colour of the curtains is nice. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming into the room whilst sitting there. They will enjoy listening to or dancing to the stereo music. The type of plants placed either sides of the fireplace and in the music nook , and the light panel behind them looks so very stylish! The white ceiling light looks elegant! The modern clock is a nice home touch on the fireplace wall, and the white flowers look pretty on the ledge. The white candlestick on the piano may be the murder weapon! The double book shelves are a nice touch, in the booknook corner.
    It is a very elegant Cluedo themed lounge room and the name of it is great ! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

• Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    wow beautiful rooms everyone and a big thank you to all for the nicest comments!

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Beautiful and elegant like all of your builds @WrathofCath! I love the way you style your rooms and builds.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your awesome comment @Egyptiansunsets3! So very sweet of you :blush:<3

@rosemow Thank you for your wonderful review, Rose! :)<3 I knew you would notice the candelabra! I just HAD to add a possible murder weapon. :p
    The room was originally going to be named "Mrs. White's Lounge", when the name "White Lies" struck me. I imagined Mrs. White being the guilty party and trying desperately to cover her tracks. She kind of overcompensated by decorating her lounge, almost completely white... a sign of innocence, isn't it? I think keeping the candelabra/murder weapon, will be her downfall though, lol. :D
    Thank you for another super fun challenge, Rose! :blush:

Thank you so much for the lovely comment @lsnishi! :smile:
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @Shellbell That room is so Clue looking. Perfect :smile: It is nice that you added scarlet pieces to the room instead of making the whole room red. And Miss Scarlet in her red dress look so elegant perhaps guilty? Nice touch with the candlestick!

@KojiK Mrs White looks a bit crazy! Could she be the one? So many knives around to easily pick up. Are those murder weapons on the floor?! I love how you stacked the 2 ovens, I never thought to do that. And the cabinet you made to display the dishes and pictures is creative as well.

@coolsim9999999 Nice ballroom. I love your choice of wallpaper for that room and how it goes well with the stained glass windows. It is just how I picture a Clue ballroom to look. Miss Scarlet is standing in front of the fire with her arms out may be a killer victory/power stance.

@mancie The yellow in the library looks good with the browns. The tile you picked for the flooring is very Clue like. Colonel Mustard is spot on. Now which weapon did he use? There are so many in that room that it could have been. We'll need a clue.

@carolynrosser I love the room color! One of my favorites! The outline of a person on the floor was a nice touch. And Mrs PeaC is just going around the room like she doesn't know it is there. Your added story line with each picture was funny!

@MyFavoritedesign How did you get a ghost to visit your room?! I absolutely love your room. It is so pretty.

@lsnishi I like that you added a few of the characters to the room. Your fountain is gorgeous. I love the touches of blue color you added to the room representing the character color.

@amyybugg92 Nice use of the holiday pack. They seem to be having a good time sitting around the table. I noticed that one of them is sitting off by herself. Is she worried about sitting at the table with a killer?

@Ainsleyf Oooh nice billiards room. I like the added green touches for Mr. Green. This room is fitting for a mansion (and a murder).

@mannanna I love your conservatory. There is plenty of things for activities in there. I can just see Mrs. White jamming out on that electric guitar. LOL what a sight! I see you have scattered weapons throughout the room. There are also touches of colors from each character in there. Mustard, Green, Scarlet, Plum, PeaClock, and White. Nice.

@Sjemmie03 The tiles you chose for your plum conservatory looks just like the tiles in the board game. There are so many touches of purple in here that I can see her being very happy in this room. Everyone will enjoy the many plants and candles in a quiet place.

@Jazztizz Your conservatory could easily have a wedding held in it. It is so elegant. Professor Plum looks to be at home in this room.

@Laebeth The kitchen you created reflects the boardgame very well. I have an older version and it isn't quite as fun looking. Sorry to hear that your little one isn't feeling so well. Hope your baby feels better soon!

@WrathofCath This is my favorite room so far. I could live in it. You have mad decorating skills. I'm going to say it was Mrs. White in the Lounge with the Candlestick.

Now I need to get working! It has been a busy week and I don't want to miss out on this one!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited June 2017
    @shakerella --- Thanks for your nice comment about how my room looks very "Clue" like because of the details in the room :D! I'm glad you like the photo of Miss Scarlett in that pose :)! She does look very suspicious like that >:) !
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

Thank you @shakerella for your lovely comment. :)
    In my gallery, I have many different ghosts.
    White Ghost on the Gallery
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    This is Professor Plum's Wine Cellar. There are a couple of different items inside that he could have committed the crime with. If it was even him. This cellar holds the chest of secrets. The Clue cellar contained the envelope with the answers of who, where, and what.

Challenge 116
    Gallery name of room: Plum Wine Cellar
    Origin id: Shakerella

Find it here:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=rooms&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=plum%20wine%20cellar&max=50&maxis=false

https://imgur.com/a/4BYuP
  • Options
    > @MyFavoritedesign said:
    > Thank you @shakerella for your lovely comment. :)
    > In my gallery, I have many different ghosts.
    > White Ghost on the Gallery

Awesome! My ghosts can be troublesome!
  • Options
    shakerella wrote: »
    This is Professor Plum's Wine Cellar. There are a couple of different items inside that he could have committed the crime with. If it was even him. This cellar holds the chest of secrets. The Clue cellar contained the envelope with the answers of who, where, and what.

Challenge 116
    Gallery name of room: Plum Wine Cellar
    Origin id: Shakerella

Find it here:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=rooms&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=plum wine cellar&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false

https://imgur.com/a/4BYuP
    wFeRWNO.jpg
    DfSwXL4.jpg
    Zsz2poD.jpg

• Options
    The design of Plum Wine Cellar looks very nice! @shakerella :) The black texture wall looks very effective! The purple colour of the seats is a nice touch . Sims will enjoy sitting at the table having a drink of nectar. The bottles look very nice how they are placed on the wall and the kegs look great there! The regal portrait wall paintings , chess knight banner, and shield on the walls look nice in the room, and suit the cellar of a Professor very well! The piping is great for a basement cellar room. The ceiling candles light is a nice touch in the room. Very nice sink nook. The drinks display shelves and black cabinets look great how they are placed there. The purple wall towel is a nice touch. The candlestick on the table or the dagger from the shield may be the murder weapon!
    The design and furnishing of the cellar looks very great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice review @rosemow . I tried to do one of the rooms that no one else had so far.
  • Options
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    I'm flying in and out stealthily to get this up on time. I'll catch up with all the latest rooms tomorrow :)

Entry Form #116
    Theme for the week: Cluedo themed -Miss Scarlett & Billiard room
    Gallery name of room : Cues & clues
    Origin id : folala
    Pictures of the room : https://flic.kr/s/aHskXs7roA
    35247119342_08cc1ca118_h.jpg06-19-17_11-11-01 PM by fo lala, on Flickr
    35247117932_822d07ae3f_h.jpg06-19-17_11-13-40 PM by fo lala, on Flickr

35247120232_0845415878_h.jpg06-19-17_10-52-18 PM by fo lala, on Flickr
  • Options
    Cues and Clues is a very nice billiards room ! @folala :) The name of it is great! The brown wall panelling gives such a nice rich and elegant feel to the room! The design of the billiard table , balls and cue is very creative! The patterned floor rug adds a very nice look to the room and the light is a nice touch over the table. Very nice corner chess nook. Sims will enjoy playing chess there. It is a special touch that the globe bar is in the room. Very nice comfortable leather armchairs sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there, having a drink from the globe bar, reading a book and chatting. The type and placement of the curtains looks very nice! Your simversion of Miss Scarlett is very nice! Her red lipstick and hair looks nice with her red dress, She may have used the candlestick as her weapon! The shelving cabinets nook looks very nice. Very nice design of the fireplace! The mirror looks nice, and the candlestick looks nice on the fireplace ledge. The wall of bookcases and the inbuilt bookcases look very great! The portrait picture is a nice touch on the wall.
    The furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thank you @WrathofCath
    This theme is from one of my favs board games, thank you @rosemow !!!
    Theme for the week: A Cluedo Room
    Gallery name of room : Mrs Peac ock Poison Lounge
    Origin id : Dangerous12Angel
    Pictures of the room:
    35414955405_a42bf04843_b.jpg
    35375567356_b40ea1ccf8_b.jpg
    35414957515_44caaffb39_b.jpg
    35027916260_5f6b41c40a_b.jpg
    34605483053_19f2ec4c98_b.jpg
    Post edited by Dangerous12Angel on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list