Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LACK OF RESPECT WITH THE PLAYERS!

I COME AGAIN IN THE FORUM TO POST ABOUT THIS PROBLEM!

Every day more The Sims 4 disappoints me. Today there was an update where the producers should have fixed a PROBLEM that is affecting a lot of The Sims 4 players. GAME FREEZING WHEN CHILDREN AND TEENS GO TO SCHOOL. How long will players have to keep this bug? I stopped playing The Sims 4 in early May because of this problem that simply totally interferes with the game's gameplay.

UNTIL THAT PROBLEM IS NOT CORRECTED, I WILL NOT BUY THE STUFF PACK FITNESS AND FUTURE PACKAGES OF THE GAME.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/td-p/5870882/page/11

Comments

• Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    I was so hoping they would fix that. The more kids/teens going to school, the worse the problem.
    Also I was hoping for a fix for all the crazy clothes that my townies keep showing up in. And for a detective career fix. The problem with the detective career, not being able to find the suspect/suspect doesn't match the clues, was first reported on EA HQ back in April of 2015. I don't think we will ever see a fix for that one.

ETA I can't forget the one where sims keep canceling actions all on their own. That one is causing me ALOT of headache.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I COME AGAIN IN THE FORUM TO POST ABOUT THIS PROBLEM!

Every day more The Sims 4 disappoints me. Today there was an update where the producers should have fixed a PROBLEM that is affecting a lot of The Sims 4 players. GAME FREEZING WHEN CHILDREN AND TEENS GO TO SCHOOL. How long will players have to keep this bug? I stopped playing The Sims 4 in early May because of this problem that simply totally interferes with the game's gameplay.

UNTIL THAT PROBLEM IS NOT CORRECTED, I WILL NOT BUY THE STUFF PACK FITNESS AND FUTURE PACKAGES OF THE GAME.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/td-p/5870882/page/11

I know how frustrating bugs in this game that cause freezing and crashing can get to the breaking point for some of us. However, I don't have this problem, so it may be taking more time to run down exactly what happens right before or after or what combination of things causes this when your Sim kids go to school. I have never experienced this but plenty of freezing and crashing in other areas to the point I can't play too often or for very long.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    More than just a couple of simmers have had this problem too so I doubt that it hinges on the fact that it doesn't happen with your game as reason why it's taking time to pinpoint where the problem lies. I think it may be due to a lot of simmers having this problem but with different circumstances. If it happened exactly the same way with exactly the same situations, it'd be easier to pinpoint. I get the frustration, OP, but yelling and getting mad over it doesn't do anyone any good.

Currently they are trying to figure it out and I think that one of the gurus has come to the conclusion that if you have a lot of stuff in their personal inventories, it can cause problems like that. Since I have had this bug and heard about this, I decided to try it and it works. It's still a bit frustrating cause when they are in the midst of something when it's time to leave for school, they won't drop the action right away. You have to wait a bit and then they are running late to school. But the good thing about this is that the game doesn't fault the sim for being late.......no consequences (like a call from the principle). Main thing to take away is that they no longer freeze in place, just have problems stopping the activity prior to leaving. I'll take that problem over the freezing any day.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member
    I was so hoping they would fix that. The more kids/teens going to school, the worse the problem.
    Also I was hoping for a fix for all the crazy clothes that my townies keep showing up in. And for a detective career fix. The problem with the detective career, not being able to find the suspect/suspect doesn't match the clues, was first reported on EA HQ back in April of 2015. I don't think we will ever see a fix for that one.

ETA I can't forget the one where sims keep canceling actions all on their own. That one is causing me ALOT of headache.

I believe the suspects bug has already been fixed several times and the career worked quite well in 2016. The ultimate disaster came with the toddler patch.
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    The freezes when school time hits is a complete nightmare! I have gone back to no children household again which is such a shame after buying parenthood pack. Cheers Sims team. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS GAME TOO
    EA obviously do not care anymore
  • Options
    Just cause there are bugs and glitches that have been there for a while doesn't mean that EA doesn't care. You fail to see that they have other games to maintain/patch/what have you. You never know what's going on exactly behind the curtain and you won't know unless you work for EA. So for all you know, they could be working on a fix right now. Plus, there's no such thing as a perfect game. Again tho, I reiterate, I feel the same about bugs/glitches too, they are annoying. I just know that no game is perfect, no development team is going to be totally on spot--unless of course it's the only game they own, in which case I'd be as upset as everyone else here, and that's just life as a gamer as a whole.
  • Options
    iWallOliveiraiWallOliveira Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2017
    Bear31 wrote: »
    More than just a couple of simmers have had this problem too so I doubt that it hinges on the fact that it doesn't happen with your game as reason why it's taking time to pinpoint where the problem lies. I think it may be due to a lot of simmers having this problem but with different circumstances. If it happened exactly the same way with exactly the same situations, it'd be easier to pinpoint. I get the frustration, OP, but yelling and getting mad over it doesn't do anyone any good.

Currently they are trying to figure it out and I think that one of the gurus has come to the conclusion that if you have a lot of stuff in their personal inventories, it can cause problems like that. Since I have had this bug and heard about this, I decided to try it and it works. It's still a bit frustrating cause when they are in the midst of something when it's time to leave for school, they won't drop the action right away. You have to wait a bit and then they are running late to school. But the good thing about this is that the game doesn't fault the sim for being late.......no consequences (like a call from the principle). Main thing to take away is that they no longer freeze in place, just have problems stopping the activity prior to leaving. I'll take that problem over the freezing any day.
    First it does not have anyone angry and to the problem is happening without even having any object in the game inventory. I have already repaired and reinstalled The Sims 4 about 5 times to see if this problem disappears and when I start the game the bug appears, ie it is a problem of the game itself that should be fixed with an update. Until this problem is not fixed I will continue posting here in the forum, because I bought the game and the producers have the obligation of the moment that a bug appears in the game the problem is fixed in the update of the following month. I've been having this problem since updating the babies, I stopped playing last month because it's being unbearable to play a game where a bug interferes with the gameplay.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

First it does not have anyone angry and to the problem is happening without even having any object in the game inventory. I have already repaired and reinstalled The Sims 4 about 5 times to see if this problem disappears and when I start the game the bug appears, ie it is a problem of the game itself that should be fixed with an update. Until this problem is not fixed I will continue posting here in the forum, because I bought the game and the producers have the obligation of the moment that a bug appears in the game the problem is fixed in the update of the following month. I've been having this problem since updating the babies, I stopped playing last month because it's being unbearable to play a game where a bug interferes with the gameplay.

Of course they have an obligation, but patience is also a virtue. It takes time to figure it out and fix it. Also, no one told you that you couldn't post about it.
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2017
    I do not have the parent pack (Yet), I do not use CC and generally the Sims 4 works well for me BUT now and again my single guy Sim will freeze on the guitar. Nothing I do seems to get him moving again. I just shut the game down. Still, FOLKS, IT'S JUST A GAME! Why get your knickers in such a knot? I only came here to report the problem so developers know it is still an issue. Can't we be kind and respectful in the reporting. I am reasonably confident they are working hard at bug fixing. Let's give a little latitude. (If this is the biggest problem a person has, LIFE IS VERY GOOD!! :smiley: )

P.S. I also get a lot of lag and mini freezes if I take my Sims to some clubs in some worlds so I tend to keep them entertaining at home. I'd love to be able to take them out more & will if the freezes get fixed.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Bear31 Also did not say I could publish about it.

I said that until the producers do not correct this problem, I will continue to publish here in the forum. Really patience is a virtue, but I've been dealing with this problem since January, it was already for the producers to have identified and corrected for a long time.
    Post edited by iWallOliveira on
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,676 Member
    I don't have this problem either. I never understand why some people have these issues and not others. This must be very annoying.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    February11 wrote: »
    I don't have this problem either. I never understand why some people have these issues and not others. This must be very annoying.

It's being quite annoying indeed, but some are having this problem and some are not. It's a bug that interferes with the gameplay, because every morning at 8:00 am the time the kids / teens go to school the Sims and the game freeze. I have been with this bug since January, but for some months now the problem has gotten worse. I had to start a new game with a new family without children and teenagers.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,676 Member
    February11 wrote: »

It's being quite annoying indeed, but some are having this problem and some are not. It's a bug that interferes with the gameplay, because every morning at 8:00 am the time the kids / teens go to school the Sims and the game freeze. I have been with this bug since January, but for some months now the problem has gotten worse. I had to start a new game with a new family without children and teenagers.

That's awful. Maybe it's because I don't have any of the new packs. Hope it gets sorted for you.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Bear31 Also did not say I could publish about it!

I said that until the producers do not correct this problem, I will continue to publish here in the forum. Really patience is a virtue, but I've been dealing with this problem since January, it was already for the producers to have identified and corrected for a long time.

Don't know why you are arguing....I said you had a right to write posts about it and a right to how you feel. And again, I re-iterate......you never know what the development team is dealing with. Maybe they are working on it and just haven't found a fix yet cause it's hard to pinpoint things. They may have known about the issue since then, but we will never know what they are dealing with, what the work load is, etc. There's a lot tied to it.

Post edited by Bear31 on
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member

If it helps any... I have a huge house with a massive inventory (legacy family - generation 9) and I have never had this issue. Mind you I don't currently have any children going to school in the household. How long ago did this start happening? Which update or patch? I did have children up in the household before the latest patch and Parenting pack.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    MHsimsFan wrote: »

If it helps any... I have a huge house with a massive inventory (legacy family - generation 9) and I have never had this issue. Mind you I don't currently have any children going to school in the household. How long ago did this start happening? Which update or patch? I did have children up in the household before the latest patch and Parenting pack.

It's been happening to the OP since January........as for me, it came with the toddler update (I think). First I had this same problem every time the child went to school after they were old enough to go to school. When I heard about the gurus talking about how the inventories would create lag in the game? I tried not having my inventories so big. The lag got better and the freezing stopped when 8am came around and it was time for them to go to school. Only thing remained was that, if they are doing anything? The action will take a while to stop prior to their going to school and often it makes them late. That's how it works with my game. How it works with the OP's game on the other hand, might be different. This is exactly my point when I say that even if its a well known issue? Its hard to pinpoint. Some have the bug, some don't.......some may only have it until they get stuff out of their inventories......some may do that and still have the issue. Its because of that that its hard finding a fix-for-all with all the variables that they deal with.

ETA: It WOULD be nice to see a guru talk about their processes in how they deal with bugs and glitches for once. I know they let us know about how they are on their way to trying to solve the issues, but it'd be best if they tell us......in non-technical easy to understand language why its taking as long as it does. I just imagine that, with anything that has a great number of variables that they deal with, it just takes time. Especially where EA is concerned cause sims is not the only game that this company keeps tabs on.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    For those having this problem does this issue happen if you do a test playing "New" vanilla game?

Since some are having this issue and some not, could it have something to do with your computer specs? The more you add to this game the more demanding the game becomes. This game does require a mid range gaming desktop . Laptops are weaker than desktop. You need a higher end gaming laptop to equal the requirements this game has for desktop. Since I help in tech, we have seen allot of lower end computer not be able to keep up with all the games add ons. People struggling to run the game. Without knowing ones computer specs would be hard to say if this is a bug only effecting some or it's your computer specs that is the problem. Also are you playing with mods or CC? Some can cause game issues.

Someone in this thread mentioned inventory. Yes the game will become more sluggish if you keep high inventory. This happens in both the sims 3 and 4

• Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2017
    Trust me you aren't the only one frustrated I'm sick to death of nothing being fixed the staff spend more time thinking about what jokes should feature in the patch than actually fixing stuff.

I posted here about time I'll repeat http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919973/when-are-they-going-to-start-fixing-stuff#latest

I think what's annoying me the most is time every 2 minutes it jumps back or if I pause I get this annoying crap were no matter what time setting I go on the game remains paused for up to 5 minutes I wouldn't mind it but it's happening every 2-5 minutes.

tumblr_ornrrlsHpT1v5g8yyo1_400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Don't know why you are arguing....I said you had a right to write posts about it and a right to how you feel. And again, I re-iterate......you never know what the development team is dealing with. Maybe they are working on it and just haven't found a fix yet cause it's hard to pinpoint things. They may have known about the issue since then, but we will never know what they are dealing with, what the work load is, etc. There's a lot tied to it.

Arguing? I'm not arguing.
    Post edited by iWallOliveira on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    My TS4 save actually keeps freezing and time keeps passing, but then when I pause it the time goes back, it's really annoying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    For those having this problem does this issue happen if you do a test playing "New" vanilla game?

Since some are having this issue and some not, could it have something to do with your computer specs? The more you add to this game the more demanding the game becomes. This game does require a mid range gaming desktop . Laptops are weaker than desktop. You need a higher end gaming laptop to equal the requirements this game has for desktop. Since I help in tech, we have seen allot of lower end computer not be able to keep up with all the games add ons. People struggling to run the game. Without knowing ones computer specs would be hard to say if this is a bug only effecting some or it's your computer specs that is the problem. Also are you playing with mods or CC? Some can cause game issues.

Someone in this thread mentioned inventory. Yes the game will become more sluggish if you keep high inventory. This happens in both the sims 3 and 4
    Ohh that is a good point my sim has a high inventory of stuff so maybe storing them will fix that freezing.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I said that until the producers do not correct this problem, I will continue to publish here in the forum.Really patience is a virtue, but I've been dealing with this problem since January, it was already for the producers to have identified and corrected for a long time.

Arguing? No one here is arguing!

The stuff I had put in bold would prove otherwise. If you weren't arguing right now....there would be no use to reiterate over and over again to me how you "will continue to publish here in this forum". This after I had said.....repeatedly.....that you had every right to publish what you like. Also, there would never be any use for the "! " punctuation really. But whatever.
  • Options

I said that until the producers do not correct this problem, I will continue to publish here in the forum.Really patience is a virtue, but I've been dealing with this problem since January, it was already for the producers to have identified and corrected for a long time.

Arguing? No one here is arguing!

The stuff I had put in bold would prove otherwise. If you weren't arguing right now....there would be no use to reiterate over and over again to me how you "will continue to publish here in this forum". This after I had said.....repeatedly.....that you had every right to publish what you like. Also, there would never be any use for the "! " punctuation really. But whatever.

I always put it that way, but at no point was I arguing.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Ohh that is a good point my sim has a high inventory of stuff so maybe storing them will fix that freezing.

Your supposed to keep both sim inventory and family inventory low. This is with both the sims 3 and 4. It bloats the games