Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hi!
    Since I installed parenthood my sims are having a more natural relationship with one another, and that feels great! Since *The Toddlers* were introduced to the game it's so much more fun, and now it's even better. And to get to interact with babies a bit more is great also! ...but with great gaming-power comes greater issues :neutral:

So I'm here to report my issues/bugs:

- When out visiting lots and interacting within a group, all sims tend to speak to each other with their backs turned, or in other strange positions, not face to face or in a group cluster, just really close (almost on top of each other) facing every direction. This is especially odd when ringing up customers in my retail business.
    -When working in my retail my employees don't work anymore, at all. Not even with cheats.

-Sims that get a packed sack lunch don't actually eat it when they are away. It just stays in the inventory (not sure if this is a bug, or if it's supposed to be like this...).
    -Relationships seem really easy to decrease and increase. When parenting my toddler, I noticed that parent and toddler became enemies after 3 interactions that made the toddler angry. Is it meant to be like this?
    -The new night lights are unusable for me, they create thousands of the Last Exception-errors. Too bad... I really love them.
    -The neighbors. God, the freaking, ***** neighbors. They are disrupting me every, every, every night and a lot during the days with their loudness.

These issues are very apparent in my Windows-version of the game.
    I don't seem to get the last exception-error at all on my mac.

As always: I tried this with no CC and no mods, created a new game, repaired my game, reset the Sims 4 folder, and still the same result. Anyone else having some of these issues?

Hello @flavouredsim
    With your employees not working, try firing them and hiring new ones and see if that helps. There may be tips in this link article that can help with the managing of your employees
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/employees.php

With the packed sack lunch, your sim needs to have a low hunger level to eat the meal.

With the night lights, try seeing if selling and buying new lights, and using different colour versions may help.

With the loud neighbours, try having your sims move to another home. Then have them move back to the original again, and see if that may help. You will still have them making loud noises, but it may not occur continually as it is doing in your game.
  • Options
    flavouredsimflavouredsim Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi @rosemow !

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately none of the answers help my case, except the sack lunches.

I started a completely new game in my reset sims-folder and they were acting the exact same way. Thousands of exceptions in the Last-exception file, the more lights I have in my game, the more errors I get, regardless of color. Most errors with occur with the starry-night light, then the regular night light and the fewest errors with the night light owl.

moved out and back with my family, moved to a different world, moved back after a couple of sim days, still the same, over active neighbors, unfortunately.

Same thing with the employees, tried it in 3 different families and different retails. Employees just hang around, doing nothing even when I use the Mega Manager perk.

All these issues started just after this patch: Update: 06/01/2017 – PC Version 1.30.105.1010 / Mac Version 1.30.105.1210

No issues on my mac so far, so I guess I'll be playing there for a while!

Thanks for your help <3
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hi @rosemow !

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately none of the answers help my case, except the sack lunches.

I started a completely new game in my reset sims-folder and they were acting the exact same way. Thousands of exceptions in the Last-exception file, the more lights I have in my game, the more errors I get, regardless of color. Most errors with occur with the starry-night light, then the regular night light and the fewest errors with the night light owl.

moved out and back with my family, moved to a different world, moved back after a couple of sim days, still the same, over active neighbors, unfortunately.

Same thing with the employees, tried it in 3 different families and different retails. Employees just hang around, doing nothing even when I use the Mega Manager perk.

All these issues started just after this patch: Update: 06/01/2017 – PC Version 1.30.105.1010 / Mac Version 1.30.105.1210

No issues on my mac so far, so I guess I'll be playing there for a while!

Thanks for your help <3

Hello @flavouredsim
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( You may like to post feedback about the lights on this AHQ EA site thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Problems-with-Lighting-in-TS4/m-p/5020554#M18572

You may need to have your sims live in a different apartment block or a penthouse, or a home in another world.

With the issue of sims not facing each other when interacting, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-not-facing-each-other-when-interacting/m-p/5431932#M26878
  • Options
    Agom5623Agom5623 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone! I'm a new member and I was wondering if anyone has had problems with their teen-adult sims disappearing? It started off as if they were at another place and then they completely disappeared. None of my adult sims exist anymore. I only have the children and the toddlers. I contacted technical support and got no help from them. They told me that I needed to post on the forums for help. I repaired the game, uninstalled and redownloaded, and nothing. They're gone. Anyone else having this problem? I lost two years of characters over this. I'm scared to start over.
  • Options
    dmmcnair73dmmcnair73 Posts: 13 New Member
    I sure hope I can get some help! So, I haven't actually played for a little while. Yesterday, I updated Origin, Sims 4, and downloaded Bowling and Parenthood. Went to bed and when I tried to play today, my Macbook Pro crashed...I mean turned off crashed, no notice no nothing. I was not having any issues when I last played. I did remove my mods before updating.

I'm not sure if my Macbook is just finally giving out on me or if there is something I need to do. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled anything due to low to no internet (I'm having to use my cell data). I'm on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro running Yosemite. 2.53 GHz i5, 8 gb memory, 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330M. I know she's old, but so can't afford a new Macbook yet!
  • Options
    Agom5623 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm a new member and I was wondering if anyone has had problems with their teen-adult sims disappearing? It started off as if they were at another place and then they completely disappeared. None of my adult sims exist anymore. I only have the children and the toddlers. I contacted technical support and got no help from them. They told me that I needed to post on the forums for help. I repaired the game, uninstalled and redownloaded, and nothing. They're gone. Anyone else having this problem? I lost two years of characters over this. I'm scared to start over.

Hello @Agom5623
    Are the missing teens and adults from one family, or from a number of households?
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the teens /adults are there.

Try going to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the issue remains
  • Options
    dmmcnair73 wrote: »
    I sure hope I can get some help! So, I haven't actually played for a little while. Yesterday, I updated Origin, Sims 4, and downloaded Bowling and Parenthood. Went to bed and when I tried to play today, my Macbook Pro crashed...I mean turned off crashed, no notice no nothing. I was not having any issues when I last played. I did remove my mods before updating.

I'm not sure if my Macbook is just finally giving out on me or if there is something I need to do. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled anything due to low to no internet (I'm having to use my cell data). I'm on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro running Yosemite. 2.53 GHz i5, 8 gb memory, 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330M. I know she's old, but so can't afford a new Macbook yet!

Hello @dmmcnair73
    You may be best to post about your crashing issues in the Mac section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions

If you have put back your cc/mods, remove them again, then launch the game and test to see if the crashing issue remains
  • Options
    I would have, but I can't start a new post...it's why I posted here.
  • Options
    I would have, but I can't start a new post...it's why I posted here.

Hello @dmmcnair73
    You can post on a thread that another simmer has started in that forums section , or if you would like me to, I can start a new thread for you in that section. If you would like me to, just let me know
  • Options
    @rosemow,
    Thank you, I would appreciate it if you could start a new thread for me. Though I've been a member for a while, I do not post often since any issues I have, someone else has already had it! LOL This is the first time I've not come across someone having the same issue.
  • Options
    @rosemow,
    Thank you, I would appreciate it if you could start a new thread for me. Though I've been a member for a while, I do not post often since any issues I have, someone else has already had it! LOL This is the first time I've not come across someone having the same issue.

Hello @dmmcnair73
    This is a link to your thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920076/thread-for-dmmcnair73-crashing-issues
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I've been having an issue where things just... glitch. I'm just gonna say everything that happens when this occurs, because i don't really know how to describe it.

1. My sims will stand around. They wont do anything they have queued up, and they just stand there, either frozen or moving side to side.
    2. I Cant change time. I Cant use 1, 2, 3, or 0 keys. If i press pause, there will be no red border, there will be no "PAUSE" at the top of the time
    panel, it will keep going. If i press play, it wont play. If i press a speed, it wont go at the speed i told it to.
    3. I Cant select a different sim. Pressing space doesn't work, selecting their icon at the bottom doesn't work.
    4. I Cant save. If i press save as it will just load and load and load and load and load......

It happens with or without mods, cause it still happened before i started downloading cc and mods.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    I've been having an issue where things just... glitch. I'm just gonna say everything that happens when this occurs, because i don't really know how to describe it.

1. My sims will stand around. They wont do anything they have queued up, and they just stand there, either frozen or moving side to side.
    2. I Cant change time. I Cant use 1, 2, 3, or 0 keys. If i press pause, there will be no red border, there will be no "PAUSE" at the top of the time
    panel, it will keep going. If i press play, it wont play. If i press a speed, it wont go at the speed i told it to.
    3. I Cant select a different sim. Pressing space doesn't work, selecting their icon at the bottom doesn't work.
    4. I Cant save. If i press save as it will just load and load and load and load and load......

It happens with or without mods, cause it still happened before i started downloading cc and mods.

Hello @LyricSimsz15
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the issues continue, when it happens, going to game options and back, or buy mode and back, or pressing the "m " key can help the issue.
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I have a weird issue sometimes with music and audios in general. Sometimes when I've loaded the game, the loading music doesn't stop playing. It plays everywhere even in build and buy mode. The only way is to close the game. Luckily this doesn't happen every time.

But last time I played the game I had a similar issue with singing. My sim was practicing singing but when she was done, the sound of her singing kept on playing in the background! She was sleeping and still it could be heard. Again, the only way was to close the game.
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    kitten885kitten885 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, I'm having an issue with my game. My sim hasn't responded in an hour. She's still animated, but she isn't doing anything in her queue. I've tried reset Sim, restarting and repairing the game. I have no mods or custom content.
  • Options
    I have a weird issue sometimes with music and audios in general. Sometimes when I've loaded the game, the loading music doesn't stop playing. It plays everywhere even in build and buy mode. The only way is to close the game. Luckily this doesn't happen every time.

But last time I played the game I had a similar issue with singing. My sim was practicing singing but when she was done, the sound of her singing kept on playing in the background! She was sleeping and still it could be heard. Again, the only way was to close the game.

Hello @MirkaKaroliina
    Other simmers are also having these issues. Exiting the game completely and reloading the game usually helps to fix it.
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA site threads
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Load-music-stuck-in-loop/m-p/3459687#M446
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Singing-Music-Overlay-and-never-stops/m-p/5666858#M29218
  • Options
    kitten885 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having an issue with my game. My sim hasn't responded in an hour. She's still animated, but she isn't doing anything in her queue. I've tried reset Sim, restarting and repairing the game. I have no mods or custom content.

Hello @kitten885
    Try taking her into CAS and see if that helps.
    If the issue remains, try pressing the m key and have her travel to another lot.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Okay so i was looking for an old save when i saw one and realized i had a bug in that save. It probably would happen to other saves but it's weird.

It was my Caliente legacy game. I Saw Dina and Geoffrey Landgraab had a romantic relationship so one thing after another and they are married. But Dina didn't appear as Malcolm (Geoffrey's son for anyone who doesn't know)'s step son, neither did Dina appear as his step mom. Is there something i was supposed to do or what?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Okay so i was looking for an old save when i saw one and realized i had a bug in that save. It probably would happen to other saves but it's weird.

It was my Caliente legacy game. I Saw Dina and Geoffrey Landgraab had a romantic relationship so one thing after another and they are married. But Dina didn't appear as Malcolm (Geoffrey's son for anyone who doesn't know)'s step son, neither did Dina appear as his step mom. Is there something i was supposed to do or what?

Hello
    Step relationships don't show up, It would be good though to have these relatiionships showing
  • Options
    plantghostplantghost Posts: 25 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > plantghost wrote: »
    >
    > Is there any way to get toddler beds into cabins at Granite Falls without having to go in and edit the lots before sending my family on vacation? They can't be bought at the ranger station and you cant go into build mode when your sims are on the lot..my toddlers can't sleep on vacation! I really hope there's a way to get around this other than editing the lot before I send my sims.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @plantghost
    > I think that you can use the cheat
    > bb.enablefreebuild
    > to edit rentals in Granite Fallls whilst staying there. First, type in
    > testingcheats true

Thank you!! I'll try that out!
  • Options
    plantghost wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > plantghost wrote: »
    >
    > Is there any way to get toddler beds into cabins at Granite Falls without having to go in and edit the lots before sending my family on vacation? They can't be bought at the ranger station and you cant go into build mode when your sims are on the lot..my toddlers can't sleep on vacation! I really hope there's a way to get around this other than editing the lot before I send my sims.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @plantghost
    > I think that you can use the cheat
    > bb.enablefreebuild
    > to edit rentals in Granite Fallls whilst staying there. First, type in
    > testingcheats true

Thank you!! I'll try that out!
    You're welcome :)
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    Well once again the system for new members is a little unpleasant but anyway here is the bug or more a model issue within the game that I noticed.

This issue applies to a piece of clothing for male sims on the upperbody torso. In the Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff expansion.

Essentially whenever a sim wears this piece of clothing their hands deform during notable hand gestures.

https://ibb.co/kCJqv5
    You can see both the shirt and deformation in this link.
  • Options
    Well once again the system for new members is a little unpleasant but anyway here is the bug or more a model issue within the game that I noticed.

This issue applies to a piece of clothing for male sims on the upperbody torso. In the Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff expansion.

Essentially whenever a sim wears this piece of clothing their hands deform during notable hand gestures.

https://ibb.co/kCJqv5
    Shirt_deformations_hands2.png

You can see both the shirt and deformation in this link.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Hello @SimlishPopstar
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there when a sim wears that piece of clothing.
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @SimlishPopstar
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

I've already done this, the picture I showed you was a fresh install of the game, I'd like it if everyone else could potentially try this issue if they have the pack.