Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I get rid of the ghosts in "Relationship" tab?

I have disabled aging for my sim but kept aging for the townie sims. Now her Relationship tab has a crazy number of ghost sims in it. It's hard to find a live sim to talk to because the ghosts outnumber the live ones, lol! I used Manage world to try to eliminate them that way but there was only 3, not nearly enough to clear up the Relationship tab. I appreciate any and all suggestions for reducing or eliminating the ghost sims in the Relation tab.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The MCCC mod has a way you can have your sims forget anyone you want.
  • Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    Thank you, LaBlue0314. I hadn't thought of a MOD because I don't use them. I am not very tech-savvy, lol!
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2017
    PattyCo wrote: »
    Thank you, LaBlue0314. I hadn't thought of a MOD because I don't use them. I am not very tech-savvy, lol!

Not trying to talk you into anything, as LaBlue0314 stated MCCC will do the trick of getting rid of unwanted relationships, it can also unhide households, like people that have died somewhere else so that there are no tombstones but still ghosts, when you unhide a household they show up in your manage household panel so you just delete them from there.
    MCCC does a lot for your game and there is no need to be tech-savvy, MCCC is user friendly. if you would like to check out this mod just click on the link in my signature.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Thank you also Lilonesub, for the advice. I remember Twalan had great MODs for Sims 3 but there were sooo many steps to follow. Did you create the MCC mod?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Hello
    This forums link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Thank you also Lilonesub, for the advice. I remember Twalan had great MODs for Sims 3 but there were sooo many steps to follow. Did you create the MCC mod?

You are welcome, no Deaderpool created the mod and updates it all of the time, it's a mod worth looking into and it is really easy to use.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ok but is there a way to delete them without the mod? I have the same problem but will never use any mods...
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2017
    I found a way to delete them from the game, but it takes a while, you find a ghost and move them in, play them make them a living person play them through their elder lives again and when they die, they will get a tombstone and put release to neither world.

Also I found out that placing single sims in families helps a lot and cleans up the loading time of the game.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Sometimes you can delete them from Manage worlds section, where the different households are located at. The ghost you find on Ghost Night Out at the Bar would be such ghost you can delete.
  • Options
    I went through Manage Worlds and deleted as many as I could see but still have a bunch on my friends list
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Of course the service sim ghosts are a lot harder to delete, just because you got to move them into the household before you delete them, but having them give you a gravestone and release to neitherworld cleans the links out a lot better than just deleting the ghosts.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    I miss the "delete object" you could use on a person in Sims 3. It would be so handy, lol!
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I went through Manage Worlds and deleted as many as I could see but still have a bunch on my friends list

Are these ghosts related to your Sims or have special relationship status ? If they are just random nobody, you can try to have new friends, and if you have enough, relationship culling should start cleaning your relationship panel and these ghosts will probably be deleted from this panel.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    This issue has been ongoing for a while now. Sims retain relationships with ghosts that were absolute nobodies for....ages. The system is very quick to cull active relationships, but ghosts that otherwise don't exist in the world will remain in the relationship panel with their relationship perfectly in tact. Very weird, very annoying.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

Are these ghosts related to your Sims or have special relationship status ? If they are just random nobody, you can try to have new friends, and if you have enough, relationship culling should start cleaning your relationship panel and these ghosts will probably be deleted from this panel.

I have family members yes, but I don't mind them. I have their urns so if I wanted to get rid of them I could. But it's the starngers.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    This issue has been ongoing for a while now. Sims retain relationships with ghosts that were absolute nobodies for....ages. The system is very quick to cull active relationships, but ghosts that otherwise don't exist in the world will remain in the relationship panel with their relationship perfectly in tact. Very weird, very annoying.

This is exactly what is happening. I have more dead sims in my relationship panel than live ones. I wish there was an option in Game Play to turn off ghosts.

• Options

This is exactly what is happening. I have more dead sims in my relationship panel than live ones. I wish there was an option in Game Play to turn off ghosts.

It's easily my #1 complaint with culling. I've seen some users claim culling has improved over time, but in my mind so long as my relationship panel is 80% ghosts of bartenders that died generations ago, then culling is still in unacceptable condition.

Boggles my mind, too. Seems like it should be super easy to fix. I thought Ghosts already had priority to be culled, and if you click them in the relationship panel, you'll find that some don't even truly "exist" at all. Yet there they are, stuck there in the panel, and for some reason their relationship with my sim is in absolutely pristine condition while everyone else is constantly culled. Husbands forget their wives if I play a neighbor just long enough to pick up milk at the grocery store, but by God that same Husband will never forget the face of that plumber that once fixed his toilet 800 years ago.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

It's easily my #1 complaint with culling. I've seen some users claim culling has improved over time, but in my mind so long as my relationship panel is 80% ghosts of bartenders that died generations ago, then culling is still in unacceptable condition.

Boggles my mind, too. Seems like it should be super easy to fix. I thought Ghosts already had priority to be culled, and if you click them in the relationship panel, you'll find that some don't even truly "exist" at all. Yet there they are, stuck there in the panel, and for some reason their relationship with my sim is in absolutely pristine condition while everyone else is constantly culled. Husbands forget their wives if I play a neighbor just long enough to pick up milk at the grocery store, but by God that same Husband will never forget the face of that plumber that once fixed his toilet 800 years ago.

I happen to think of an idea, but I don't know how practical it would be or not. For example in Manage Worlds we have an option to turn a played household into an unplayed household by clicking on the little symbol on the lower corner of the box for that household. Maybe they could implement something similar in the relationship panel. Have a little symbol in the lower corner of the picture of the sim in the relationship panel. Click the symbol to forget, and remove that sim in the relationship panel. Then before the game removes it, we would get a pop up making sure we want to delete that sim from the relationship panel. This would be in case that was clicked by accident. This way it would be left up to the player if they want to forget that sim or not, and not left up to the game mechanics.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I happen to think of an idea, but I don't know how practical it would be or not. For example in Manage Worlds we have an option to turn a played household into an unplayed household by clicking on the little symbol on the lower corner of the box for that household. Maybe they could implement something similar in the relationship panel. Have a little symbol in the lower corner of the picture of the sim in the relationship panel. Click the symbol to forget, and remove that sim in the relationship panel. Then before the game removes it, we would get a pop up making sure we want to delete that sim from the relationship panel. This would be in case that was clicked by accident. This way it would be left up to the player if they want to forget that sim or not, and not left up to the game mechanics.

The only remaining concern here would be if those ghosts still technically exist or not. If those ghosts exist in the backround, then this could understandably be a problem if the game is failing to cull generations of dead Sims. I know I've gone to nightclubs before and seen ghosts of Maxis premades that should've been dead ages ago, and there's 1-2 ghosts that have no gravestones, have zero presence in the game and don't typically show up, but they DO call my sims and invite them out to go places.

It's possible the issue could be bigger than just the relationship panel, and if it is, they should probably fix it, lest it slow down our game files with lag due to unneccesary sim ghost data. I'd absolutely welcome a minor fix like you're suggesting in the mean time, though, or some kind of altar a Sim can interact with to immediately erase all relationships they have with ghosts.
  • Options
    I suspect the ghosts need to be in the game so the bars can have "Ghost Night". Bust it sure is cluttering my immortal sim's relationship tab. In Sims 3 you could opt out of the Celebrity status in the Game Play panel and I wish we could do that with the ghost.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    I did some checking in my game.. I have been playing Vlad in my game since the day the Vampire pack was released. I also have Vlad in hibernation a lot, and do not actually game play him a lot .. so since he is my ' oldest played sim ' I looked at his ' acquaintances ' .. He has 125 slots of these. Of the 125, 2 belongs to the Grim Reaper, and Uni .. which I did not count. Vlad has 84 Ghosts, and 39 Human type. 84 ghosts out of 123 is NOT good.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I was wondering this a while back too. I don't currently use MCCC but I know that's the easiest way if you are cool with mods.

Other than that, the only way I know (disclaimer here, I have not yet tried it so it may not work) -- is to try to find them in world (Ghost night at the bar, etc.). Use the cas.fulleditmode cheat and shift-click to add them to your household. Then go into Manage Households and move them to their own household, and then delete them.

The trouble is that you can't invite most ghosts over, or even call them up, so you have to wait until you stumble upon them in-world, unless you want to use mods.
  • Options
    I am so glad to see that I am not alone in my frustration with the ghosts. I have begun to use several of the great suggestions is this thread and have seen a decrease in the number of ghosts in my Relationship tab. The first thing I did was to Manage World and delete any households with ghosts in them. Surprisingly there were only 3. Then, I have been adding elders to my family and then putting them in their own household and deleting them. I feel awful doing this to living sims, but it is a preventative measure. I do this to any ghosts I come across in town. I have also changed Lifespan to normal, it's not my favorite, but I will not need to cull elders and ghosts as often.
  • Options
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    I did some checking in my game.. I have been playing Vlad in my game since the day the Vampire pack was released. I also have Vlad in hibernation a lot, and do not actually game play him a lot .. so since he is my ' oldest played sim ' I looked at his ' acquaintances ' .. He has 125 slots of these. Of the 125, 2 belongs to the Grim Reaper, and Uni .. which I did not count. Vlad has 84 Ghosts, and 39 Human type. 84 ghosts out of 123 is NOT good.

If you wish to add additional context, go run your mouse over Vlad's age bar and it'll tell you how many days old he is. That kinda helps give context regarding just how many generations he's lived through.