Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant visitors?

LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
So, I know this used to be a problem, but I thought it was patched/fixed? I've started playing my legacy save (6 gens in, about to start 7) for the first time since the Parenthood pack/patch, and all of a sudden I've got a random townie or family member who no longer lives in the house showing up at the front door. Like, every hour on the hour. O_o Is anyone else having this problem? The only mod I have in the game right now is the no censor mod, fyi.

Comments

• Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Yup i'm having the same problem with my family. My guests usually come at night when everyone's supposed to be asleep.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    Well, glad to know it's not just me lol, but it sucks that this bug has returned. It used to be, if you were really good friends with a sim they would show up CONSTANTLY to visit. Now it's just a revolving door of sims, relationship notwithstanding. I've got townies that my sims have never even met before showing up and knocking on the front door.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Do you have the Vampire GP? Vamps will often come a knocking at night time. Vampire Townies don't break-in. They just knock. Only the premades or Vamps you have created, and gave the Always Welcome power will break-in.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SparklePlumley - I do have the Vampire GP, but they're not vampires, just regular townies. And they don't come in the house, just come to the front door and knock a few times before wandering off (if I don't interact with them).

@rosemow - Thanks, but that doesn't really help. I live on a lot, not an apartment. And as I stated above, the sims don't actually come inside unless invited to. They just constantly show up and knock at the door for a while before wandering off. Ty for attempting to help tho, it's appreciated.
  • Options
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @SparklePlumley - I do have the Vampire GP, but they're not vampires, just regular townies. And they don't come in the house, just come to the front door and knock a few times before wandering off (if I don't interact with them

Only reason I asked about the Vampire GP is I had the same problem. Townies my sims didn't even know kept knocking on the door, all hours of the night, repeatedly. I just thought they were regular townies. Well when I went into Manage Households to do some townie maintenance, turns out they were vampires. Every one that kept showing up, at night, was a vampire. I deleted them and no problems now. If I get a weird townie knocking on the door at night, I can bet it's a vamp. If it's not one I like I go delete it.

I thought all vamps would break-in occasionally. Which is why it never occurred to me they could be Vampires. But only the one that has the Enetrnally Welcome power will.

Even if they aren't vampires, you could still try to delete some of them. It might slow it down or stop it. For a while at least.
  • Options
    @SparklePlumley - Aaaah, well that makes sense. Did these townie vampires also come around during the day? Because most of my constant/random visitations were actually in the afternoon hours. And two of them were former household members (who I know aren't vampires) so that's why I'm not sure that that's the cause. But at any rate, ty for sharing your experiences. :) Now I'll know what's going on if I get strange creepers showing up at night trying to get in my house . . .
  • Options
    PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    I'm getting constant visitors too. No CC or mods, just Get To Work, City Living, and Parenthood.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。
  • Options
    @SparklePlumley - Aaaah, well that makes sense. Did these townie vampires also come around during the day? Because most of my constant/random visitations were actually in the afternoon hours. And two of them were former household members (who I know aren't vampires) so that's why I'm not sure that that's the cause. But at any rate, ty for sharing your experiences. :) Now I'll know what's going on if I get strange creepers showing up at night trying to get in my house . . .

I didn't want to come off as insisting, just wanted to explain my reasoning. Glad you understood. Also, some of them did come around late afternoon/evening. I believe it started like around 5 ish. Which is when it gets dark in FH. As for the former family members, do you still have a rather high friendship bar with them? And are you sure no one else is autonomously calling them, and asking them over? I don't think sims are supposed to do that, are they? I'm not sure. Maybe a bug is allowing them to.
  • Options
    @SparklePlumley - Yeah, they still have high relationship with the family (one is my current heiress' younger sister, the other was her eldest daughter who recently moved out). And my sims are CONSTANTLY getting called and asked out to go to dinner/hang out/skip school/go on dates/etc. SO ANNOYING. I wouldn't mind every now and then, but several times in one day? With multiple sims? Gets old really quick lol.
  • Options
    It may be that your sim is somehow autonomously calling the other and inviting them over. It could be a bug. Idk if that is by design or not. You should at least get a notification that they are on their way, though. I searched around EA HQ and couldn't find a post on this. It might be good if you go ahead and post over there. You could have several different things going on. It could be because of the friendship bar, or your sim inviting them autonomously, not getting a notification if the latter is by design.

Hopefully they can get it sorted out quickly. They are pretty good over there, in my experience. Good luck!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    i domt have this issue but i have another one. townies use to call my sims and invite them to party or whatever 24/7. basically my gameplay is all about answering their calls.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I'm having the exact same problem as the OP.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm getting the same problem. nearly every hour a random sim shows up, my sims know enough people to make friends with, they don't need anymore. I always get the impression the reason they show up and knock on my sims door is to show me there around and I need to play with them to, lol It is annoying. but it's great for the social children who need to make friends with a few adults to.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @SparklePlumley - I do have the Vampire GP, but they're not vampires, just regular townies. And they don't come in the house, just come to the front door and knock a few times before wandering off (if I don't interact with them).

@rosemow - Thanks, but that doesn't really help. I live on a lot, not an apartment. And as I stated above, the sims don't actually come inside unless invited to. They just constantly show up and knock at the door for a while before wandering off. Ty for attempting to help tho, it's appreciated.

If you have CL, try the Private Residence trait -- I used that on a previous save and it really cut down on the visitors. (Should use it for my current save.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    @stilljustme2 - I do indeed have CL and that's a clever idea! I'll definitely give it a try, thanks!
  • Options

If you have CL, try the Private Residence trait -- I used that on a previous save and it really cut down on the visitors. (Should use it for my current save.)

Ha ha! I totally forgot about that one! :blush:
    Glad u thought of it! :)
  • Options
    iiHomeworldGemiiHomeworldGem Posts: 10 New Member
    I have the same problem, in one of my Legacies my sim Opal got married to Akira ( I think that's his name?? Idk) and his stupid roommate Darling always calls at like three in the morning like it's the middle of the day. Similarly in my Bunker Legacy challenge this townie keeps calling to hang out with Aiglentine is sleeping and it wakes her up every time and just ughhhhhh
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    It's so annoying when the vampires break into your house and feed off your Sim when your Sim has to be up for work early the next morning!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    This is such a big issue that I've already experienced it and I haven't actually played . I reinstalled TS4 like a month ago and I've been buiding and creating sims for a month now. But I've gotten many visitors and some of them have even gone into my house. This happened in no time, I just went on live mode like for 10 seconds and I was having this issue
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    sisciliesiscilie Posts: 1 New Member
    i have this problem too! my kids who have moved out and also random townies my sim doesn't know keep visiting my lot and it's kind of annoying.