Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood bugs

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Mya wrote: »
    I don't know if this has to do with the Parent hood pack, but my child goes to school after 8am and the time goes fast to like 6pm and then back to 8am as my child then goes to school. Plus, when my child comes back from school, she has no homework. This has been happening for a while now. I done repaired the game and it still does it. I am playing offline since playing online lags me.

Hello @Mya
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    You can buy new homework from the bookcase. It only costs 1 simoleon,
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2017
    The constant need for my sims to leave their chairs in restaurants is worse than ever, and one of my sims has also developed a need to wash the dishes constantly, even though she's empty handed. She doesn't have the manners trait, but is responsible, so maybe that's the origin?

This evening I was dumb enough to think I could spend an evening with my sims celebrating a birthday. Oh, how wrong I was! It ended with them going home hungry. I started with removing the bar, because I got sick of them ordering drinks. I then removed the wall speakers, because if they weren't trying to get juiced, they were dancing themselves to death. I then removed all the sinks, because the aforementioned bugged sim would inevitably get off her chair every 5 seconds and travel all the way up the stairs in order to 'wash dishes'. The sink removal broke the restaurant, and at that point I just gave up.

The game is also slower than it's ever been.

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing issues with the restaurants now! I literally logged onto the forums just to find out if anyone else was having problems. :lol:

I tried to send my family of five plus the teen's boyfriend out to dinner and that was a bad, bad idea. The two married adults constantly got out of their seats to go dance to the venue wall speakers, even if it meant cancelling a conversation. The two children and the teen kept attempting to either wash dishes in the sinks or complete their extra credit work. Completing homework is tied to the responsibility values trait, and the washing dishes thing is definitely tied to the manners values trait. If they weren't doing those things, they'd stand up out of their chair and "view" a piece of artwork. I even noticed unplayed townies abandoning their tables and doing the same. The only sim who would stay seated and acted normally was the teen's boyfriend, who I wasn't controlling nor could without swapping households.

Ironically, I had no problem only two sim nights before (probably less than an hour before in real time) when I sent the teen, her boyfriend, and two friends out to dinner at a different restaurant. I'm fairly positive that Parenthood made it so that family members will more likely complete actions together as a form of bonding, even if it means cancelling their current action. So if one sim starts dancing, the others will almost certainly join in. Same with the blocks table and with watching the Kids' Network on TV. I'm thinking that's why sims have now developed the habit of leaving their dining chairs and attempting to perform "bonding" actions together, while children and teens will attempt to fulfill actions linked to their values traits levels like washing dishes, doing homework, etc. I love the basis of all these things, and I'm happy my sims want to bond with one another, but it's getting on my nerves. After wasting 4 sim hours, my sims went home hungry and exhausted because I couldn't get them to sit together for more than 5 minutes at a time. :tired_face:
  • Options
    BeulshiteBeulshite Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having issues with my garden... My plants no longer need tending, like, their just stagnant. They're watered and they haven't needed any tending for a few days. This is an issue when I'm trying to evolve them...
  • Options
    Beulshite wrote: »
    I'm having issues with my garden... My plants no longer need tending, like, their just stagnant. They're watered and they haven't needed any tending for a few days. This is an issue when I'm trying to evolve them...

Hello @Beulshite
    Try having your sims travel to another lot and then back home again and see if that helps. The reloading of the lot may help with the gardening issues,

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • Options
    Stephy1661Stephy1661 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just got Parenthood on friday, and with my toddler, child, and teen sims I have to double click on the simology tab and the manners and all the rest of them keep switching from red to green. My copy of parenthood doesn't work, can anyone help me?
  • Options
    Stephy1661 wrote: »
    I just got Parenthood on friday, and with my toddler, child, and teen sims I have to double click on the simology tab and the manners and all the rest of them keep switching from red to green. My copy of parenthood doesn't work, can anyone help me?

Hello @Stephy1661
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

• Options
    Stephy1661Stephy1661 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @DatLlama said:
    > I can't seem to open the Simology panel for any age groups. When clicked, a small grey arrow appears but no character values/traits appear at all. As the character values are a key part of the pack, I am disappointed.

I'm having the same problem as you, If you double click the simology tab then you'll be able to see it. Be careful because I did have to restart my game a couple of times. If you find out how to fix it then please tell me and I'll do the same for you.
  • Options
    johnpaulsi633johnpaulsi633 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Stephy1661 said:
    >
    > > @DatLlama said:
    > > I can't seem to open the Simology panel for any age groups. When clicked, a small grey arrow appears but no character values/traits appear at all. As the character values are a key part of the pack, I am disappointed.
    >
    > I'm having the same problem as you, If you double click the simology tab then you'll be able to see it. Be careful because I did have to restart my game a couple of times. If you find out how to fix it then please tell me and I'll do the same for you.

The bug I've seen so far, not sure if anyone has noticed it, on Simology for the child, there is no scrolling option. I can only see 'Manners' but not both 'Life Skills'
  • Options
    > @Stephy1661 said:
    >
    > > @DatLlama said:
    > > I can't seem to open the Simology panel for any age groups. When clicked, a small grey arrow appears but no character values/traits appear at all. As the character values are a key part of the pack, I am disappointed.
    >
    > I'm having the same problem as you, If you double click the simology tab then you'll be able to see it. Be careful because I did have to restart my game a couple of times. If you find out how to fix it then please tell me and I'll do the same for you.

The bug I've seen so far, not sure if anyone has noticed it, on Simology for the child, there is no scrolling option. I can only see 'Manners' but not both 'Life Skills'

Hello
    The character values can be seen in the traits section of the simology panel. Try checking to see if the Simology panels in your game are like the ones in this link
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-parenthood-guide/#Values
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed since the Parenthood patch is, whenever sims are outside the lot chatting, I get the notices such as, "Bob learned Penny is an chef at Chez Louis". These are unplayed sims, not related to my household. The constant notices are annoying. I don't need to know that a sim I'm not playing has learned about someone else's job.

Hello
    If you use MC Command Center mod that may be the cause of you getting these messages. You can alter the notification settings in the mod,

Just FYI, it's not MCC. Verified by DP there's nothing in the mod to cause this. With the help of someone else, we've narrowed it down to "Personality Please" by PolarBearSims on MTS. I don't even remember downloading it but apparently, I did. LOL. At any rate, if someone else reports this issue, you might point them in that direction.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed since the Parenthood patch is, whenever sims are outside the lot chatting, I get the notices such as, "Bob learned Penny is an chef at Chez Louis". These are unplayed sims, not related to my household. The constant notices are annoying. I don't need to know that a sim I'm not playing has learned about someone else's job.

Hello
    If you use MC Command Center mod that may be the cause of you getting these messages. You can alter the notification settings in the mod,

Just FYI, it's not MCC. Verified by DP there's nothing in the mod to cause this. With the help of someone else, we've narrowed it down to "Personality Please" by PolarBearSims on MTS. I don't even remember downloading it but apparently, I did. LOL. At any rate, if someone else reports this issue, you might point them in that direction.

Hello
    Thankyou for posting the name of the mod that was causing this issue :) It is helpful to know,
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    sm1kette wrote: »
    when my sim is at home, all he wants to do is wash dishes, both in the bathroom sink or kitchen. he gets like multiple action icon thingies for washing the dishes. if i don't intervene by giving him something else to do, this will continue. so annoying.

I would also like to say that I'm experiencing this as well. Sims will want to wash imaginary dishes constantly, canceling out other actions they were doing previously. They just walk to the sink and just stand there. It's very annoying. I think it's tied to the responsibility trait, because my teens who have high responsibility do it frequently.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    sm1kette wrote: »
    when my sim is at home, all he wants to do is wash dishes, both in the bathroom sink or kitchen. he gets like multiple action icon thingies for washing the dishes. if i don't intervene by giving him something else to do, this will continue. so annoying.

I would also like to say that I'm experiencing this as well. Sims will want to wash imaginary dishes constantly, canceling out other actions they were doing previously. They just walk to the sink and just stand there. It's very annoying. I think it's tied to the responsibility trait, because my teens who have high responsibility do it frequently.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-Wash-dishes-spamming/m-p/6094381#M38928
  • Options
    mgwat88mgwat88 Posts: 9 New Member
    Just downloaded Parenthood a couple of nights ago and just today had an issue with an alien toddler. Whenever my sim tries to do any action requiring them to pick up the toddler (put to bed, feed in highchair, bathe, etc.) , they get the bubble over their head like something is in the way (the footsteps with the x) and cancel the action. I've never had this issue with toddlers before and I'm wondering if its something to do with the toddler being alien?

I did have the MCCC in the game, which I haven't had any issues with yet. I did try disabling the MCCC, then I even took the entire mods folder out of the the game folder. I also tried repairing the game. None of these have worked.

I'm out of ideas, any help would be much appreciated. :)

I have Windows 7
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    RAM: 16GB
    System: 64 Bit
  • Options
    mgwat88 wrote: »
    Just downloaded Parenthood a couple of nights ago and just today had an issue with an alien toddler. Whenever my sim tries to do any action requiring them to pick up the toddler (put to bed, feed in highchair, bathe, etc.) , they get the bubble over their head like something is in the way (the footsteps with the x) and cancel the action. I've never had this issue with toddlers before and I'm wondering if its something to do with the toddler being alien?

I did have the MCCC in the game, which I haven't had any issues with yet. I did try disabling the MCCC, then I even took the entire mods folder out of the the game folder. I also tried repairing the game. None of these have worked.

I'm out of ideas, any help would be much appreciated. :)

I have Windows 7
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    RAM: 16GB
    System: 64 Bit

Hello
    Try having the toddler sim and the other sims travel to another lot and back, then test to see if the issue remains.

If the issue remains, take the toddler into CAS and back, then see if that helps.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Try having the toddler sim and the other sims travel to another lot and back, then test to see if the issue remains.
    >
    > If the issue remains, take the toddler into CAS and back, then see if that helps.

I tried leaving the lot and coming back, editing in CAS, and also changing the alien toddler into a disguise. None of those worked :( Thank you for your help though!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Try having the toddler sim and the other sims travel to another lot and back, then test to see if the issue remains.
    >
    > If the issue remains, take the toddler into CAS and back, then see if that helps.

I tried leaving the lot and coming back, editing in CAS, and also changing the alien toddler into a disguise. None of those worked :( Thank you for your help though!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue,
    Was the issue still there when you removed the whole mods folder tested the game?
    If it was, try having the sims household move to another home. Test to see if the issue occurs in the new home. Then have your sims move back to the original home and see if that helps.

It you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > mgwat88 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello
    > > Try having the toddler sim and the other sims travel to another lot and back, then test to see if the issue remains.
    > >
    > > If the issue remains, take the toddler into CAS and back, then see if that helps.
    >
    > I tried leaving the lot and coming back, editing in CAS, and also changing the alien toddler into a disguise. None of those worked :( Thank you for your help though!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue,
    > Was the issue still there when you removed the whole mods folder tested the game?
    > If it was, try having the sims household move to another home. Test to see if the issue occurs in the new home. Then have your sims move back to the original home and see if that helps.
    >
    > It you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

I tried both of those things and still not working. I also tried starting a new game and moving them to a different lot, no change. Is there anyone else having issues with toddler aliens? I think I may just make him grow up to a child for now. Thank you so much for your help!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > mgwat88 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hello
    > > Try having the toddler sim and the other sims travel to another lot and back, then test to see if the issue remains.
    > >
    > > If the issue remains, take the toddler into CAS and back, then see if that helps.
    >
    > I tried leaving the lot and coming back, editing in CAS, and also changing the alien toddler into a disguise. None of those worked :( Thank you for your help though!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue,
    > Was the issue still there when you removed the whole mods folder tested the game?
    > If it was, try having the sims household move to another home. Test to see if the issue occurs in the new home. Then have your sims move back to the original home and see if that helps.
    >
    > It you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

I tried both of those things and still not working. I also tried starting a new game and moving them to a different lot, no change. Is there anyone else having issues with toddler aliens? I think I may just make him grow up to a child for now. Thank you so much for your help!

I am sorry that you are having these issues :( It may be best to age him up to a child like you said.
  • Options
    Pegan1983Pegan1983 Posts: 1 New Member
    When I have one child doing homework and another child doing a school project the game freezes. I've tried to do them separately and it doesn't seem to happen than so I believe the glitch is only when two children are doing each task.
  • Options
    Pegan1983 wrote: »
    When I have one child doing homework and another child doing a school project the game freezes. I've tried to do them separately and it doesn't seem to happen than so I believe the glitch is only when two children are doing each task.

Hello @Pegan1983
    There are issues when sims are doing homework . They may freeze when talking to another sim. It would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Autonomous-Homework-Extra-credit-freezes-game/m-p/4957080#M17276
  • Options
    DoctorMeow23DoctorMeow23 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm not able to make a post or know where to ask this, but I find it weird that homosexual couples can't be parents in the family tree. One is registered but the other is seen as an acquaintance. For example I'll have a child sim with two dads but only one is the actual dad.
  • Options
    I'm not able to make a post or know where to ask this, but I find it weird that homosexual couples can't be parents in the family tree. One is registered but the other is seen as an acquaintance. For example I'll have a child sim with two dads but only one is the actual dad.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback in the Sims 4 Games Feedback section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback
  • Options
    pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    I have had three child sims added to my households with two different households in two different games. They show up on the character bar before appearing at the house after and hour or so. Where are they coming from? Did one of my sims sign up with foster services?
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    I have an annoying issue. The AI freezes every weekday at 8am as the kids are called to school. It's hell