Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Asking again, who is this Sim ?

A few weeks ago, I did a post about this sim in my game, for the fact that he does not age.. and I was thinking he may be the Grim Reaper..?

When I first started playing my game, he became friends with my founding sims.. and really never paid attention to it again, so now, I'm in my 5th gen of the game, and he still looks the same. His name is Sullivan Hartley .. here he is talking with my sim Five, when he was a kid.. and now, Five is 12 days from being an elder, and as you can see, he has not aged at all. His age, shows as a young adult.. but anyway. does anyone else have him in their game ?
And no, I have no mods, or cheats, or hacks.. any of that stuff.

Five when he was a kid talking to him..

05-17-17_12-15-03nbspAM.png

And Five as a middle aged adult, talking with him..

06-07-17_1-54-00nbspAM.png

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Creepy. :|
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't recall a sim with that name in my game, and he doesn't look familiar either. So are all of your other unplayed sims aging normally? He might be glitched.

You could try housing him so you can check out his traits to see if there is anything unusual, then boot him out to "not in world" or mark him as unplayed. That might kick start his aging.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Maybe he's just another one of those random generated townie
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Could he be a vampire? I guess you'd know right away though.

That is quite creepy :neutral:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There are certain type of sims that the game produces that don't age, ever. One of my sim's sons married such a sim. At first I couldn't figure out why, and someone told me about this. I was able to remove the hidden trait that prevented that sim from aging.
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    i remember in one of the patch notes they say they fixed a problem with love gurus being immortal or something. so this townie might be one of those ppl.

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You can kill off their immortality by removing the hidden-trait NPC roles that create it. Try these ones:

traits.remove_trait isWeirdo
    traits.remove_trait isCityRepair
    traits.remove_trait isStatueBusker

MC Command Center also has a setting that removes the immortality from the NPCs without removing the role.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    I think I'm going to have my sims, who is a ' spare ' try and marry him when she becomes a young adult, and see what happens.
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Do you have aging off for the rest of the world?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have my sims, who is a ' spare ' try and marry him when she becomes a young adult, and see what happens.

He won't age. He's one of those "special" ones from San Myshuno that @luthienrising mentioned, above. Before I knew about those types, I had my legacy founder marry one. Took me awhile to figure out she wasn't aging. Then my legacy heir married another one! Use the cheats she mentioned above to remove those hidden traits. It makes no sense to me that they would have immortals who were not in some way supernatural, but there you go.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Asking again, who is this Sim ?
    Run this mod on him:
    Show/Search Sim Info Mod
    http://modthesims.info/d/576053

It tells you everything about a Sim.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Do you have aging off for the rest of the world?

THis>
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    YESSSS! Townies are doing this sometimes. My sim married a random townie and his age bar was stuck. He stayed the same age. It was soooooo annoying.
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have unknowingly married 3 townies who don't age. I have had to age them myself and then after a long elderly life, I'd just delete the sim. :( It's not ideal but I felt it was my only option at the time.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    The Guru's said Sims that came with CL to do with the fairs in particular are immortal - like the street Busters (the gold statue sims - the cowboy, the astronaut), the love Guru, the tourists, etc) and such - so he might be one of those just wearing their street clothes.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I have a sim like that in my game, too. She's been my legacy family's nanny whenever we needed one for three generations. I just assumed she was a vampire.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    JemcrystalJemcrystal Posts: 72 Member
    How do you keep this from happening? I don't have human immortals, that I know of, but I don't want to get them.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @Jemcrystal
    You can kill off their immortality by removing the hidden-trait NPC roles that create it. Try these ones:

MC Command Center also has a setting that removes the immortality from the NPCs without removing the role.

• Options
    Oh wow.. thanks for all of the help and suggestions and info .. I just found it funny that he never aged.. and gotta say, he is a nice looking sim.. I will get my vampire to look at his traits and stuff.. and as mentioned, I keep my legacy game clean of cheats and hacks. LOL.. I will just have him visit again on my 10th gen, and take another pic :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    @Jemcrystal

But the game will replace them if you do - as the ones just for the fairs in CL supposed to be like that. They are like service Sims or Grim or Mrs. Crumplebottom was and really are not meant to be in your playable households. And no they are not vampires. The meaning of immortal is not vampire - it is the ability to stay as you are for eternity - no aging, no death, etc, etc. They were not meant to be played as they are considered special characters.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    I wonder he can be turned into a vampire.. gonna have Vllad bite him.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2017
    Only Human sims that are teenagers and older can be turned.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    That is most interesting. Never knew townies did this.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I don't know about Sims 4 but Sims 1,2, and 3 would corrupt your entire game if you forced things like that onto the games special characters. For one thing they have incomplete files and special instruction between them and the games AI. I know we got dire warnings about Vampires in Sims 2 and 3- to not force them to bite any special characters...

But as I said I have no clue in Sims 4 - I learned my lesson with Sims 1, 2, and 3 after I got every save file corrupted and had to start over - uninstall/reinstall - well I am not messing with Sims 4 too -

I was stubborn about it - so kept challenging with each game - I have all my hoods the way I want them and 35 households played to my preference - I am not going to challenge it again. LOL. I don't care who claims they have done so with out issues - I know better.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    I may not go through with it .. but at least see if the option is there.. or maybe if he can be bit.. and if he does change, .. just not save it.