Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I only voted for all the child cas assets for the same reason. Males and children/toddlers have and will always be neglected in sims games. Its so dumb.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    AbdulazizAbdulaziz Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Guys
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Himynameis wrote: »
    Well, while there may be only a small selection for men, I do feel it would have been better to select items you were actually interested in for each category rather than all male so that what you liked about the men's clothing could be put in since the votes will be interpreted by category not raw results. (Thankfully) Then you could have petitioned/brought general attention to the lack of men's clothing in the ideas section of the forum (not for this stuff pack just the normal ideas forum). This way maybe they could do a stuff pack in the future with the central focus being stuff for guys like for a man cave and more clothes and such. Though, I'm sure with feminists and such they'd have to advertise it a bit more carefully.

I have done this and a feminist shouted me down and got the thread closed. I've also brought this up in one of the old ask guru threads and they laughed it off by saying females have more in reality (debatable). This is an actual issue that the team refuses to even acknowledge, one of many.

a feminist is about the equality of the sexes and for championing the underserved. "preferring women items over male" does not a feminist make. many ppl run around calling themselves something, and many ppl lable people incorrectly because they too don't know the philosophy behind the behavior. sorry, recently reviewed feminist ethics with my students, so a minor soapbox.

on topic, i agree that the male CAS assets have been insufficient since TS2 days. i'm sure the SG will mention data that more women play than men; more female sims created than male, however in my opinion not sufficient enough reason to shirk male assets. giving males quality and equitable assets could inspire more male in-game creation.

i'm off to the feedback section to see if there are threads championing this idea

actually feminism stands for: "the advocacy of women's rights" However, I do agree that whether or not there is more/less female players is not sufficient reason to have less male clothing. Especially since female players can play male sims (especially if they want to create families.

Um actually it doesn't. Feminists also championing for the underserved. This includes children, even homeless. I agree with your statement that women play male sims
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    This isn't an issue because either gender can wear each other's clothes and hairstyles now.

I'm sorry but that does not make it a non-issue. Having the ability to put a female CAS piece on a male sim doesn't make the piece unisex. It's still a female piece, designed for the female model utilizing female fashion. It's just on a man.

For example, the winning pieces of clothing for females; do they fit for men? There's a bunch of belly shirts, a dress, stockings, some women's sandals. I certainly haven't seen any non-trans men walking around in obvious women's clothing. There is a major distinction in the real world between male and female clothing, and a gender neutral option in CAS is not a solution for their unbalanced CAS picks. Men need men's style and clothing! They clearly have tons of interest in female fashion, because they always have a wide range of styles for concepts. Men? The pieces in this pack are few, and two are nearly identical with a minor difference in the undershirt.

Don't get me wrong what picks won the vote are nice looking, but there needs to be a bigger effort to provide a much more balanced mix.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Himynameis wrote: »
    Well, while there may be only a small selection for men, I do feel it would have been better to select items you were actually interested in for each category rather than all male so that what you liked about the men's clothing could be put in since the votes will be interpreted by category not raw results. (Thankfully) Then you could have petitioned/brought general attention to the lack of men's clothing in the ideas section of the forum (not for this stuff pack just the normal ideas forum). This way maybe they could do a stuff pack in the future with the central focus being stuff for guys like for a man cave and more clothes and such. Though, I'm sure with feminists and such they'd have to advertise it a bit more carefully.

I have done this and a feminist shouted me down and got the thread closed. I've also brought this up in one of the old ask guru threads and they laughed it off by saying females have more in reality (debatable). This is an actual issue that the team refuses to even acknowledge, one of many.

Well, maybe you phrased things in a threatening way, you do seem to be getting a little bit up in my face just for suggesting you go about this the right way. I mean, there are other ways men's clothing could be incorporated into the game. Such as the fact that homosexuals can marry in most countries. So, why not make it possible to choose what sexuality your sims are and add in more clothes for men (and women) in order to show that it's possible for men to marry men and therefore they'd need enough clothes to be both fashionable and show off their individuality. This way it's both socially acceptable to propose (except to christians and such who are plum) and doesn't make you sound even remotely like a manonist or misogynist. (Not saying you are, just saying this way no one is likely to claim it)
    Oh... nice... calling cristians plum doesn't make you sound bad at all... but apparently wanting more male clothes is "misogynistic"...

Interesting point of view...

The demonisation of Christianity is cool to people today, sadly.
  • Options
    I'd like more male clothes. I think the concept art for males had some nice stuff, definitely nicer than most of it for females. This is why I wish we had sets like TS3 Store had for furniture and clothes. Packs are released much more sporadically in 4 and I always feel like I'm running out of options.

But women have much more choice in real life too, so I can understand why. I don't think this topic has anything to do with feminism or gay marriage so not sure why they were brought up.
  • Options
    "Abdulaziz wrote:
    Hi Guys
    Hi.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited June 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    This isn't an issue because either gender can wear each other's clothes and hairstyles now.

I don't really feel like putting a crop top and a skirt on my male sims. While I agree that most of male CAS assets looks okay-ish on females, female cas assets look ridiculous on men.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    My main issue is just the general result of opposite gender assigned clothes. Women get blocky bosoms and have this weird wide stance when they wear dude pants.
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    My main issue is just the general result of opposite gender assigned clothes. Women get blocky bosoms and have this weird wide stance when they wear dude pants.

Exactly. Even if there are certain things that look suitable for the other gender, they distort their body anyway.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I don't quite understand why they consider the selected clothing as a well rounded selection when the majority is for adult female sims yet again, this is getting old. I really wish the Sims Team would even out the clothing options on future packs and quit neglecting males, kids, and toddlers!! :/
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I'm a female and an adult, but I agree that there SHOULD be more male and children's clothing and hairstyles! And don't forget the toddlers! While being able to use any clothing on any Teen or older Sim be they male or female is somewhat helpful, it doesn't really address the problem, and is of NO use for children and toddlers! :/
    (I'm just glad that with TS4 they have the same clothing choices for Elders as YA/adults! In TS2 &TS3 they had hardly any choices for elders!) :*
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    I don't quite understand why they consider the selected clothing as a well rounded selection when the majority is for adult female sims yet again, this is getting old. I really wish the Sims Team would even out the clothing options on future packs and quit neglecting males, kids, and toddlers!! :/

EAs definition of "well rounded" is a little funny (and frustrating)
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    EAs definition of "well rounded" is a little funny (and frustrating)

Yep... about as "well rounded" as a triangle. :D
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'd like more male clothes. I think the concept art for males had some nice stuff.

I thought so too. And there was so much stuff that was in that concept art thread, that was amazing too. I wish we could vote with more items. Especially for kids.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd like some more male clothes, too. My male sims usually end up being dressed the same because the current clothes are pretty similar and thus I usually can't give them the feel that I want to. I'd really like some more "manly" clothes (this is subjective so don't attack me please :lol: ). More clothes with jackets, collars, rolled-up sleeves etc please. You know, clothes you could picture on a guy that uses a slightly spicy, leathery cologne. I really want to make some guy sims that reflect what I find attractive, but the clothes don't allow that so I just usually plonk a T-shirt or flannel with jeans onto them because it looks the least terrible lol. This includes hairstyles - my male sims end up with the same hairstyle 80% of the time.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'd like some more male clothes, too. My male sims usually end up being dressed the same because the current clothes are pretty similar and thus I usually can't give them the feel that I want to. I'd really like some more "manly" clothes (this is subjective so don't attack me please :lol: ). More clothes with jackets, collars, rolled-up sleeves etc please. You know, clothes you could picture on a guy that uses a slightly spicy, leathery cologne. I really want to make some guy sims that reflect what I find attractive, but the clothes don't allow that so I just usually plonk a T-shirt or flannel with jeans onto them because it looks the least terrible lol. This includes hairstyles - my male sims end up with the same hairstyle 80% of the time.

The short haircuts for male sims have always had issues, though I will say that I like the ones for sims 4, a hell of a lot better than those we got with sims 3 (the sims 3 male hairstyles were atrocious.)