Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why?

So from the CAS assets that we were allowed to vote for, I counted 29 YA female CAS assets (not including the shoes) and 16 YA male CAS assets.
Why is the sims team so intent on not providing CAS assets for male sims? this is really, really, really plum. I was forced to choose all the male assets and not one single female one just so there could be a slim chance that the men could finally get some more attention when it comes to CAS assets. And let's be assured nothing for the men's CAS assets they showed us looked unique or interesting pertaining to this packs theme. Why not actually try being creative when creating the male CAS assets? You can take one look at the female assets and see that they were actually thought about and created to fir the theme whilst the male assets were basically just thrown in to add them there. Why not create overalls? why not use your imagination to make more male CAS assets.
This has been a massive, massive problem for the sims and it seems to get more pronounced with each iteration.
Don't even get me started about male children. I don't think they've released an exclusive male child hair since perfect patio with this teams weird obsession to make all children look like androgynous as possible, we've got the June 2016 patch, please just stop making every male child hair unisex, we can uncheck the tag if we want the females to use them you know.

Comments

• crisv3003crisv3003 Posts: 85 Member
    I feel the same way. I know most of players are girls but anyway, no shoes for males either. @SimGuruGraham, taking that in count, how does the SP team can assure that any male content can get in the pack?
    Happy Simming! :D
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Himynameis wrote: »
    I was forced to choose all the male assets and not one single female one just so there could be a slim chance that the men could finally get some more attention when it comes to CAS assets.
    Actually, you weren't. From the blog post which contained the survey: "Now, while you as an individual may choose a well-rounded pack through your selections, when we tally the entire community’s vote together the balance of what was selected may be skewed. For example, we don’t want to create a pack where a third of our objects are chairs, and all of the pieces of clothing are shirts. We want to make a pack that offers a bit of something for everyone. We’ll be interpreting the voting results to pluck out your top choices across a range of different types of objects and clothing, so that the pack can be used to build a complete room, or dress a Sim in a complementary outfit."

They aren't just going by raw vote totals...it will be the highest number of votes within particular categories.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Well, while there may be only a small selection for men, I do feel it would have been better to select items you were actually interested in for each category rather than all male so that what you liked about the men's clothing could be put in since the votes will be interpreted by category not raw results. (Thankfully) Then you could have petitioned/brought general attention to the lack of men's clothing in the ideas section of the forum (not for this stuff pack just the normal ideas forum). This way maybe they could do a stuff pack in the future with the central focus being stuff for guys like for a man cave and more clothes and such. Though, I'm sure with feminists and such they'd have to advertise it a bit more carefully.
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    I was forced to choose all the male assets and not one single female one just so there could be a slim chance that the men could finally get some more attention when it comes to CAS assets.
    Actually, you weren't. From the blog post which contained the survey: "Now, while you as an individual may choose a well-rounded pack through your selections, when we tally the entire community’s vote together the balance of what was selected may be skewed. For example, we don’t want to create a pack where a third of our objects are chairs, and all of the pieces of clothing are shirts. We want to make a pack that offers a bit of something for everyone. We’ll be interpreting the voting results to pluck out your top choices across a range of different types of objects and clothing, so that the pack can be used to build a complete room, or dress a Sim in a complementary outfit."

They aren't just going by raw vote totals...it will be the highest number of votes within particular categories.

I know this and that's why I chose to vote for all the male things (also I hated most of the CAS assets anyway). And yes I was 'forced' in a sense because the team is refusing to display equality. You know for a team that says they're all for equality, they sure do seem very sexist...
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Well, while there may be only a small selection for men, I do feel it would have been better to select items you were actually interested in for each category rather than all male so that what you liked about the men's clothing could be put in since the votes will be interpreted by category not raw results. (Thankfully) Then you could have petitioned/brought general attention to the lack of men's clothing in the ideas section of the forum (not for this stuff pack just the normal ideas forum). This way maybe they could do a stuff pack in the future with the central focus being stuff for guys like for a man cave and more clothes and such. Though, I'm sure with feminists and such they'd have to advertise it a bit more carefully.

I have done this and a feminist shouted me down and got the thread closed. I've also brought this up in one of the old ask guru threads and they laughed it off by saying females have more in reality (debatable). This is an actual issue that the team refuses to even acknowledge, one of many.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited May 2017
    There may have been less male clothing in evidence but what there was looked better than most of the female items.

I had no problem voting for a lot of it.

The female tops were all, imo, ghastly. Usual skimpy puffy stuff; big bow or butterfly on the front; halfhearted kaftan type thing.

Only one pair of bottoms that I liked. I mostly voted for shoes in the female category.

Not wanting to sound too sour, but that selection was disappointing.

Post edited by ratsrbest on
    Don't feed the trolls
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    I only voted for about 4 items from clothing and about 5 from objects , What was on offer really depressed me , I am one of those who want actual useable objects not just a ton of clutter , Also the clothing really looked poor to me , I know others will love what was shown but this is just my personal opinion
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Have you ever gone to a site that does custom content? The proportion of female to male clothing is about 9:1. Female clothing is far more popular with players than male. They're just reflecting that.
    Personally, I didn't like most of the male pants, but my male Sims are like me-jeans jeans jeans. There were a couple of cool male tops that I voted for.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • JassAkgunJassAkgun Posts: 29 Member
    It's nice to see that other simmers actually care about male assets, too. I also feel a need to vote more male assets rather than the female ones. I have to mention though, those are some good and different male clothes.
    And I think, it shouldn't be a matter how popular female clothing is. The option for variety should be given to the players no matter what the statistics say.
    edited May 2017

I have done this and a feminist shouted me down and got the thread closed. I've also brought this up in one of the old ask guru threads and they laughed it off by saying females have more in reality (debatable). This is an actual issue that the team refuses to even acknowledge, one of many.

(I am editing this now that I have had a chance to go through the thread you mentioned) That person who shouted you down (as mentioned below) was not speaking for ALL feminists and is currently banned. You'll also find that if you mention the possibility of same sex marriage there are still nay sayers who will be unreasonable even, though, that is legal. Anyways, this thread looks the same as the previous one you opened about the luxury stuff pack not having enough outfits for men. Maybe you should open a more specific thread in the ideas section about what type of men's clothing you'd like to see with picture examples and/or descriptions? If someone decides to start saying men don't care what they wear and that they are woke and such IGNORE them because there will also be plenty of people who agree with you and who have ideas for men's clothing to be added in the game! So, anyways my point is to make a specific thread and be hopeful.
    Post edited by AutumnBladen on
    Also, on another note. I'd like clothing that actually looks like it fits the men properly. All of the pants fit funny and many of the shirts do as well. I mean even if all I ever did was dress the men in my game in the same outfit, I'd at least like it to look like it fits them.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

Well, maybe you phrased things in a threatening way, you do seem to be getting a little bit up in my face just for suggesting you go about this the right way. I mean, there are other ways men's clothing could be incorporated into the game. Such as the fact that homosexuals can marry in most countries. So, why not make it possible to choose what sexuality your sims are and add in more clothes for men (and women) in order to show that it's possible for men to marry men and therefore they'd need enough clothes to be both fashionable and show off their individuality. This way it's both socially acceptable to propose (except to christians and such who are plum) and doesn't make you sound even remotely like a manonist or misogynist. (Not saying you are, just saying this way no one is likely to claim it)
    Oh... nice... calling cristians plum doesn't make you sound bad at all... but apparently wanting more male clothes is "misogynistic"...

Interesting point of view...
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I do feel like male clothes are lacking immensely. However, it's also true that female sims are more popular among the players if you take a look at the gallery and CC websites.

I personally voted for 3 male bottoms and 2 male tops that were the most appealing to me.
    Most of the female clothes in the poll were really tacky (in my opinion). I only voted for 2 tops that were the least gaudy.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    crisv3003 wrote: »
    I feel the same way. I know most of players are girls but anyway, no shoes for males either. @SimGuruGraham, taking that in count, how does the SP team can assure that any male content can get in the pack?
    Honestly, I'm a woman, and I by far prefer playing with male sims.

I too ended up voting primarily for male clothing, just because I felt the game is in far more need of items for male sims, than it is for yet another female outfit.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

Got to tell you, I'm as feminist as they come, and I would utterly love a male focused stuff pack. Mostly because there's far too few clothing items and hairstyles for my male sims. (besides, now that female sims can use the male clothing items, half the time my female sims are wearing stuff from the men's section, because I like the jeans and tshirts selection way more, than I do the dresses or skirts.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i think the important point in this topic is choice of clothes must be equal say you have some sims that recently married and the female sim is pregnant but because she his pregenant with twins she must wear her husband clothes that are a size larger than hers du to her pregnancy *take note this is only an exemple that i am mentening
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited May 2017

Well, maybe you phrased things in a threatening way, you do seem to be getting a little bit up in my face just for suggesting you go about this the right way. I mean, there are other ways men's clothing could be incorporated into the game. Such as the fact that homosexuals can marry in most countries. So, why not make it possible to choose what sexuality your sims are and add in more clothes for men (and women) in order to show that it's possible for men to marry men and therefore they'd need enough clothes to be both fashionable and show off their individuality. This way it's both socially acceptable to propose (except to christians and such who are plum) and doesn't make you sound even remotely like a manonist or misogynist. (Not saying you are, just saying this way no one is likely to claim it)
    Oh... nice... calling cristians plum doesn't make you sound bad at all... but apparently wanting more male clothes is "misogynistic"...

Don't know why it says I called christians plum that must somehow be a typo. I think I meant to say christians who are against people into the same gender? It auto corrects h-o-m-o-p-h-o-b-i-c to plum

Oh... nice... calling cristians plum doesn't make you sound bad at all... but apparently wanting more male clothes is

also, now that i read the thread it seems it was some girl saying she was "woke" and being ridiculous about the whole thing and got banned not the creator of this thread and such. I mean, she was the one who assumed he was anti-women or something. I don't think it's "misogynistic"... to want male clothing, I think it's an amazing idea! I just don't feel like lobbying for it and having threads shut down from people who don't like my phrasing like you because they're reading into things and trying to turn my own words against me. Especially when I was just trying to give them some encouragement that maybe if they're just careful with the way they phrase things then they might be able to continue to petition for more male clothing.
    liliaeth wrote: »

Got to tell you, I'm as feminist as they come, and I would utterly love a male focused stuff pack. Mostly because there's far too few clothing items and hairstyles for my male sims. (besides, now that female sims can use the male clothing items, half the time my female sims are wearing stuff from the men's section, because I like the jeans and tshirts selection way more, than I do the dresses or skirts.

See and that's awesome! I personally agree, (and find men's clothing, especially jackets way more comfortable as I'm always stealing my husband's jackets), I'm just saying there are several types of feminists. Some like you are super reasonable about this sort of stuff. The one who got the creator of this thread's last thread about male clothing from when the luxury stuff pack came out? Not some much. That person got banned by the way. I'm just saying that some people who identify as a feminist (and give them a bad name) take anything about men and turn it into a bad thing and she was one of them. I personally think there should be equality for all. Plus, I'd love some more men's hair styles and outfits with jackets and tattoos so that I can more accurately portray my character based on my husband in game.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2017

a feminist is about the equality of the sexes and for championing the underserved. "preferring women items over male" does not a feminist make. many ppl run around calling themselves something, and many ppl lable people incorrectly because they too don't know the philosophy behind the behavior. sorry, recently reviewed feminist ethics with my students, so a minor soapbox.

on topic, i agree that the male CAS assets have been insufficient since TS2 days. i'm sure the SG will mention data that more women play than men; more female sims created than male, however in my opinion not sufficient enough reason to shirk male assets. giving males quality and equitable assets could inspire more male in-game creation.

i'm off to the feedback section to see if there are threads championing this idea
    orkhid22 wrote: »

a feminist is about the equality of the sexes and for championing the underserved. "preferring women items over male" does not a feminist make. many ppl run around calling themselves something, and many ppl lable people incorrectly because they too don't know the philosophy behind the behavior. sorry, recently reviewed feminist ethics with my students, so a minor soapbox.

on topic, i agree that the male CAS assets have been insufficient since TS2 days. i'm sure the SG will mention data that more women play than men; more female sims created than male, however in my opinion not sufficient enough reason to shirk male assets. giving males quality and equitable assets could inspire more male in-game creation.

i'm off to the feedback section to see if there are threads championing this idea

actually feminism stands for: "the advocacy of women's rights" However, I do agree that whether or not there is more/less female players is not sufficient reason to have less male clothing. Especially since female players can play male sims (especially if they want to create families.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Yeah, the male clothes were definitely lacking and honestly if I'm keeping it real, male clothing options lack in reality. I have the hardest time shopping for boys/men because all the clothes look the same whereas, there's way more of a variety for women/girls clothes. I think it has a lot to do with gender stereotypes and so on where it's an utmost expectation for girls/women to keep up with their appearances all the time and this doesn't just involve clothes alone, there's makeup, body enhancers, shoes, weaves/wigs/etc. There's a plethora of variety for women's/girls fashion and appearance choices due to societal conditioning/pressure.

I wouldn't mind a SP geared towards masculine clothing that has jerseys/hoodies/etc since they lack so much and just because masculine clothing lacks in real life doesn't mean that has to be reflected in The Sims. If ever a pack was released explicitly for this subject, I'd buy it. Heck, I'd enjoy some more urban male/masculine wear.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    To be very honest, male fashion over the last couple of hundred years is pretty boring. Pick up any historical clothing/costuming book and flip through it. Women's fashion had more variety compared to men.

I do agree however that male sims even since TS1 always had the short end of the stick when it came to clothing and hair options.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    > @JimG72 said:
    > Himynameis wrote: »
    >
    > I was forced to choose all the male assets and not one single female one just so there could be a slim chance that the men could finally get some more attention when it comes to CAS assets.
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually, you weren't. From the blog post which contained the survey: "Now, while you as an individual may choose a well-rounded pack through your selections, when we tally the entire community’s vote together the balance of what was selected may be skewed. For example, we don’t want to create a pack where a third of our objects are chairs, and all of the pieces of clothing are shirts. We want to make a pack that offers a bit of something for everyone. We’ll be interpreting the voting results to pluck out your top choices across a range of different types of objects and clothing, so that the pack can be used to build a complete room, or dress a Sim in a complementary outfit."
    >
    > They aren't just going by raw vote totals...it will be the highest number of votes within particular categories.

now that's just silly, coz there aren't even any beds.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    This isn't an issue because either gender can wear each other's clothes and hairstyles now.