Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Birthday Sims 3! 8 Years Old Today.

Oh my how time flies by! :)

Comments

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    YAY! Happy Birthday to TS3!

15.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    As a relative late-comer to the game, it doesn't feel like a day over 5.5 years old to me. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Been there since day 1. Best game ever! I'm so glad to be able to enjoy it just as much as I did back then :smiley:
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I've been hooked on Sims 3 since I got it in Feb or March of 2010. Happy Birthday Sims 3, and many more of them too. :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Happy b'day Sims3!

I got mine back in February of 2013! It was out 4 years already (well, almost anyway) when I "got bit by the Sims Bug" :) !

I pretty much got on the bus as it was pulling into the station.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I think it was out a whole week before I went out and bought it. And that was unusual because I started simming late, and only picked up TS1 when TS2 was about to come out and bought TS2 after bundles appeared. Up to that point, TS3 was the only one I purchased right away and I liked it so much I never looked back. Happy Birthday TS3!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I think it was out a whole week before I went out and bought it. And that was unusual because I started simming late, and only picked up TS1 when TS2 was about to come out and bought TS2 after bundles appeared. Up to that point, TS3 was the only one I purchased right away and I liked it so much I never looked back. Happy Birthday TS3!

That's where I was. It was out two days when I saw a Simmer friend of mine's screenshots and I went out and bought it. I picked up TS1 about six months before TS2 was about to come out.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I was bored one day and thought about all TS2 EP's/SP's I missed and looked up what they were but then discovered an upcoming sequel, TS3. I absolutely fell in love with the concept of the open world, more realistic detailed graphics, CASt, etc. Had TS3 since release day and spent hours upon hours totally immersed in gameplay. Not many games can hold my attention span on a consistent basis. And that was just base game!
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited June 2017
    Holy crap. 8 years? In a mere 2 years it'll be a decade old. Where has the time gone? So much has changed in the Simming community in the last 8 years, it really is mad. I had to uninstall the game because I was filling my PC up with other games and ran out of hard-drive space. Need to reinstall it sometime.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2017
    I've been playing since February of 2011. That game is still good as new to me. TS3 was made with quality and I am certain that game will last for many more years. Time has flown by fast! I've been playing TS2 since July of 2014. Both are fun.

In honor of The Sims 3, here is my original house that I made and ran out of simoleons. My sims were miserable in that house, but I had a good time.

Screenshot-6_zps0zymis76.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Awww my little baby is growing up so fast. Haha. Seriously though I can't believe its been 8 years. Time flies.

I was busy writing diploma exams so i could graduate high school so I didn't get the game for about a week after it came out. Or I never would have studied lol. But wow 8 years. Happy birthday sims 3.
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Has it really been eight years already? That's insaaaane
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited June 2017
    Played it on the day it came out, thought it was kinda sucky. Got it for myself about a year later, and I've been hooked ever since.
    Played TS4 on the day it came out, thought was kinda sucky. Haven't liked it much since. So long live TS3!
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims 3! I only recently got it in 2016, but I'm loving the game!
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Happy birthday TS3! I remember, in had this game in 2013, I watched some videos of TS3 and i was so impressed of this game. I played this game because I saw Seasons. ^^'
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Wow, happy birthday! I preordered and got it the day of release, spent a whole weekend playing it almost non-stop. My husband even went camping for the weekend to leave me alone in Nerdvana.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2017
    I always thought I started playing Sims 3 in 2011 but recently looking back at thesims3.com, it says I registered in 2009. Then I thought about it... I got it the first year I moved out to California and that was in 2009 so I guess I've been here since the start. B) For an 8 yr old game, it still manages to be more entertaining than most newer games.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    My sister pre-ordered TS3 for both of us. Her interest in Sims has lapsed now, but not mine. Though when we first got it, we would email pictures back and forth, and talk on the phone about what our sims were doing, and how awesome it was that we could actually go and visit our neighbours, and explore the town in its entirety, it was great fun.

Happy Birthday TS3, you've give me 8 years of fun and entertainment, and as I still haven't explored you fully, then hopefully many more years to come !

<3<3<3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    My sister pre-ordered TS3 for both of us. Her interest in Sims has lapsed now, but not mine. Though when we first got it, we would email pictures back and forth, and talk on the phone about what our sims were doing, and how awesome it was that we could actually go and visit our neighbours, and explore the town in its entirety, it was great fun.

Happy Birthday TS3, you've give me 8 years of fun and entertainment, and as I still haven't explored you fully, then hopefully many more years to come !

<3<3<3

@Pary That happened with me and my brother. We both started off playing TS3 and we had a blast and laughed at our households. His house was wacky and he had beds in the backyard and put fences around his kitchen. He has since stopped playing and has moved on to other games. I am not fickle with games like that. I will find a game and stick with it. Him not so much. I am still playing and loving TS3.

Any chance of a TS3 ultimate collection? I can go for one.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I started a few years after it came out because I was saving up for a stronger computer at the time and was still playing TS2 on my old one.I had to Mod the game out early on after social workers taking children away corrupted three older saves and one got a UI failure from that corruption.I've been playing TS3 with TS2's rotational play and TS2's story progression for almost four years now.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    kodachrome35kodachrome35 Posts: 25 Member
    Yikes, really? Time flies. I guess that sounds about right. I distinctly remember the Sims 3 came out right around finals in my junior year of high school--the day before my biology final, in fact. Naturally, I bought it day 1 anyway, and trying to study that night was just an exercise in torture haha
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Happy birthday Sims 3 :) I didn't realise that it had been out for so long!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    8 years old and still the best in the series! :smiley:

Yep! :)
    p8L4V6v.png