Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member
    Theme for the week: Bedroom for child and teen
    Gallery name of room : Teen and Child Room
    Origin id : Internal_Chaos
    Pictures of the room : http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/Internal_Chaos/05-31-17_8-23-44PM_zpspvzh0n2j.png?t=1496194216 http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/Internal_Chaos/05-31-17_8-23-03PM_zps3p6vrtm5.png?t=1496194217 http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/Internal_Chaos/05-31-17_8-23-10PM_zpsyblry41d.png?t=1496194217 http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/Internal_Chaos/05-31-17_8-23-19PM_zpsdcxr9raq.png?t=1496194217 http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/Internal_Chaos/05-31-17_8-23-25PM_zps0lrvmve6.png?t=1496194217
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    Oh gosh I'm actually kind of excited for this next challenge. I had this EXACT set up happen to me, so I know what it was like trying to cram 2 very different styles and age groups together. I hope I can come up with something semi-realistic, and yet make it look more chic than my drab old room, haha!
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    Sharing Sisters is such a very nice bedroom for the girls to share! @Cbear13 :) The pink colour scheme of Louise 's area of the room, the colourful circles floor prints , the starry curtains, lady wall print and the circles wall pattern look so very pretty! The design of her bedhead wall area looks so very, very creative! The tree prints, clouds, bunnies and hot air balloons in the skies on the wall, and the flower boxes and quarter shelving either sides of the bed look so very nice! The clouds are a nice touch on the top area of the bedhead nook. The clock, rainbow shelves and baby shoes are nice home touches on the wall. The string of pictures is a nice touch under the windows. Nice corner reading nook for her to enjoy sitting on the cute animal chair reading a book! She will have fun playing with the doll house,and toy chest toys in the room. Very nice sofa seat sitting area for her to enjoy sitting there using the tablet or watch programs on the cute penguin tv! The panda lamp, giraffe and unicorn are very cute in the room section! The yellow colour scheme of Barbara's area of the room is sunny! The polka dots patterned floor rug and the circles wall pattern looks great! Very nice type and colour of the curtains,, Barbara will enjoy sitting on the patterned stools or resting on the sofa watching tv., lisrening to radio music and reading a nook. The heart wall decor are a nice touch. Very nice windows study desk nook! She will enjoy using the computer there with sunshine coming in through the windows, The poster, wall decor and string lights look very nice on the bedhead wall. The books and bags on the floor in the corner nook look great! It is a nice touch that there is a fish bowl in the room.
    The furnishing of the room is so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    The design of Teen and Child room is very nice @Internal_Chaos :) The blue colour of the walls gives a very nice calming look to the room, and is nice for when the girls are going to sleep. It looks great that the screen shade divides off the bed areas. The room area for Louise looks very nice! Very nice patterned bed for her to sleep in and the bunny is so very cute! It is great that there is the void critters battle statiion there for sims to have fun playing . She will have fun playing with the toys from the toy chest. She will enjoy sitting at the desk table reading a book from the bookcase. The print on the door looks cute! Barbara will enjoy playing the guitar in the room. It is a nice touch that her bed has a complementing guitar pattern. The sporting items are a nice touch on the floor. Nice study desk nook, for her to enjoy sitting there using the computer. The clothes closet looks great!
    It is a very nice bedroom for the sisters to share! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    edited June 2017
    Love the theme, @rosemow!

Theme for the week: Shared bedroom for a toddler and a teen
    Gallery name of room: Share With Your Sister
    Origin ID: carolynrosser
    Link to Imgur gallery

Pictures of room:

Overview: It's not easy to make two kids feel good about sharing a room, especially when one's a teen and one's a toddler! But with a little ingenuity and a lot of clutter, it's possible to make everyone happy. For now.

n95NVDh.png

It's like two rooms in one!

CswikPb.png

Not naming names, but one sister is a little better at keeping her half neat...

uYrGqQ2.png

Rugs are very big in this household. Rugs and ceiling lamps.

izrXPIa.png

Notice the secret journal, peeking out from (not quite) under the bed. (Play test note: I hadn't used the journal before, and it turns out you need both a writing surface and a desk chair. Which I didn't have. But I think most teenagers just text their innermost thoughts to their friends, anyway.)

LeJzqCV.png

In teen culture, having an inch of uncovered wall space is seen as a sign of weakness. Seriously, cover your walls or risk ridicule and probably stabbing.

sFt81NZ.png

"I just felt like the black bunny guitar felt a little more authentic, you know?"

r8l4yJU.png

Buying the Vampire pack is worth it, just for the boots.

9FytZiU.png

Looking a little dazed. It might be getting toward bedtime.

Z8GSkz5.png

"Go to sleep now, 'kay? And if you see a whole bunch of other teenagers sneak in here, it's just a dream!"

nGVEc0I.png
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    Luminey wrote: »
    Oh gosh I'm actually kind of excited for this next challenge. I had this EXACT set up happen to me, so I know what it was like trying to cram 2 very different styles and age groups together. I hope I can come up with something semi-realistic, and yet make it look more chic than my drab old room, haha!

I will look forward to seeing your room! @Luminey :)
  • Options
    PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    Theme for the week: Bedroom for child and teen
    Gallery name of room : Teen/Toddler Bedroom
    Origin id : PersRealmsShadow

So I based this room on something we did for my sons when they were growing up. Although we couldn't afford the carpet split duct tape worked wonders LOL each has their own section, (and never the two shall meet!) Except you know.. at night time.. when toddler will crawl out of bed and go crawl in with sissy to hide from the scary under bed monsters. I figured since this is a temp home, they're likely rocking some little 2 bedroom on the side of the road waiting for the big house to be done to spec. Most of those 2 bedroom joints tend to be pretty blocky (ours was!) so this is small(ish) block room.

Toddler side - Got all the basics, blocks/tablet/toys/bookshelf type things along with the kittychair

IkTIYyF.jpg

Sissy Side - She's growing up a bit, trying to be a bit more sophisticated but still a girly girl at heart. She's got her computer for school needs, and all her favorite posters.

WYvgoDw.jpg
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Options
    The layout and furnishing of Sharing with Sister is very nice! @carolynrosser :) It looks great the way each of the girls have their own section of the room. I enjoyed reading the accompanying descriptions of the room/pictures! You are very creative! Babara's room area does look messier! Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the room area. The patterned floor rug in both areas of the room add a nice look to the areas. Very nice furnishing of the area! It looks great that there are many items on the walls! The posters, wall decor, pennants and the proud placement of trophies that she has been awarded looks great! The secret journal is a nice touch under the bed! The coat and shoe racks are nice home touches. The books and bags on the floor look great! It is nice that there is a vanity table for her to enjoy using to do her makeup. The beauty items are a nice touch on the table. It is great that there is a black guitar for her to enjoy playing ! The boot from the Vampire pack are very nice for sims to wear ! She will enjoy listening to radio music when in her bedroom. The purple and white colour scheme of Louise's past of the bedroom looks very nice! The colourful pattrned door looks very nice! She looks cute sitting on the cute animal chair ! She will enjoy reading books there. She will have fun playing with Doctor teddy! The kids paintings are a very nice touch on the walls. The colourful hearts and the butterflies on the bedhead and side walls look very pretty! The bubbles white wall texture looks nice. It is great that there is a night light on the wall. She will have fun playing with the dollhouse and toys. The blue curtains in the room look very nice!
    The furnishing of the room areas looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    The pink colour scheme of Teen/Toddler Bedroom looks very pretty! @PersRealmsShadow :) It is nice that there is a half room section for each of the girls, The furnishing of Louise's area looks very nice! The circles wall pattern, the brigher pink floor patterning and the circled floor rug looks very nice! Very nice reading corner nook! She will enjoy sitting on the cute animal chair reading a book. It it nice that there is a toy chest nook between the bed and bookcase. She will have playing on the floor with the toys. The cute pink teddy will keep her company at night! The kids paintings on the side wall look great! The owl night light and the hot air balloons are nice touches on the bedhead wall. The mobile is nice for her to look up and see when in bed. Barbara's side of the room looks very nice also! The rose floor rug is a nice touch. The butterflies on the wall are pretty for her to see when getting up in the mornings. The posters look great in the wall! Nice study desk nook for her to use the computer. The type of full length mirror used looks very nice. The beauty products are a nice touch on the dresser.
    It is a very nice bedroom for the sisters to enjoy sharing together! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks so much @Laebeth @rosemow @Ainsleyf @lsnishi and @coolsim9999999 for your lovely comments about the Maxis fave -which I didn't know about until now because I haven't been in the game yesterday/today!!! I'm very excited :D

@lotlot80 beautiful kitchen, I really like the wall panels, the cooker alcove and that lovely bamboo fountain

@mancie very cute bedroom, like the dividers you used, they work really well and the teen side is really cute but a bit more grown-up, nice.
    @Ainsleyf I love the black and white colour scheme & the wallpaper is fab. The room is quite cool & sophisticated but still child friendly. great layout with the bed alcoves and the cool teen posters & guitar to give their side a bit more edge. Generally I just love this room!
    @Sjemmie03 nice divider, it gives just enough privacy for each side. lovely pretty, elegant side for the teen - really like the bookcase/tv area & picture and then the bright, cute toddler side
    @coolsim9999999 Cool shape! I love the colour schemes of both sides and all the science stuff & microscope for the teens side, its so unique. really cute toddler side too, I really like the pictures/murals on the windows.
    @Hisaosaka great dividers, handy for hiding all the clutter! Beautiful soft colours & décor for the toddlers side & cute teddy chairs and the wall colour and light designs at the dresser nook on the teen side are lovely
    @Cbear13 lovely bright colours for each side. I like the mirrored design of the bedroom and the mural on the toddler side is gorgeous
    @Internal_Chaos I really like the blue and orange colour scheme and the clutter items in the teen side -very realistic!
    @carolynrosser great L-shape layout, Love the bright rainbow colours of the toddler play area and the cool, glacial colour scheme of the teen side are fantastic.
    @PersRealmsShadow lovely colour scheme, nicely blended between the two sides with the softer look in the teen side & bright & playful in the toddler side.

Not sure if I'll get a room done this week as I'll be away for a couple of days but I'll try because I haven't had a proper look at the 'Parenthood' GP yet and I really want to!
  • Options
    Helllo @folala :) I will look forward to seeing your room if you are able to have the time to do it. The new Parenthood games pack is great!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited June 2017
    You're welcome @folala :)! I’m glad you liked my room shape and theme B)! I had a great time building that room!

4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    manciemancie Posts: 105 Member
    @rosemow - Thanks for taking the time to say such nice things about my room!

@folala Congratulations on the maxis fav for you Telegraph Study!!
    Thanks everyone for your lovely comments about my room - I am loving these challenges!

@Ainsleyf - love the black and white theme. I agree that the wallpaper is fabulous and the little nook for the toddler bed is a really cute idea.

@Sjemmie03 - Super first entry (I'm only on my third and absolutely hooked on these challenges) I like the divide and both the girls have all the things they need. Lots of toys for the toddler and a definite more grown up feel for the teen.

@coolsim9999999 - Wow! What an original shape for your room. I really like the curtained wall it feels soft and feminine.

@carolynrosser - What a lovely big, airy room. I love the clutter on the teens floor - just like my daughter's! The toddler half of the room is really cute - I particularly like the way you have used two styles of curtains at the window - it looks so pretty.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I decided to try to pick polar opposite personalities and decorate each side of the room as that personality. In my build, Barbara is a moody, brooding goth teenager who wants her privacy (hence the half-wall and curtains) while Louise is a sunny, cheerful girly-girl toddler. And being the elder, Barbara got to pick their door. Here's their shared room.

Challenge No. 114
    Theme for the week: Teen and Toddler Bedroom
    Gallery Name: A Tale of Two Sisters
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2A9C577A470E11E78BC9958BEA11611F
    Pics:

Barbara's side:
    06-01-17_11-01-09AM.png
    06-01-17_10-59-46AM.png
    Louise's side:
    06-01-17_10-51-40AM.png
    06-01-17_10-45-19AM.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    A Tale of Two Sisters looks very nice! @lsnishi :) It is great that you have given the two sisters opposite personalities. Their room areas reflect their personalities very well! The grey , black, white and touches of red colour scheme of Babaras area captures her gothic, moody and brooding characteristics. The wall pattern suits her room type very well! The starry light mirror and full length mirror are nice for her to check her appearance in. The skull poster and signs on the wall look great! The vanity table is nice for her to sit there and do her makeup. She will enjoy listening to radio music whilst sitting at the study desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookshelf.The circles floor print and the white lotus flower floor rug add a very nice look to the room ! They look great placed on the black floor! Very nice dressing nook! The clothes racks, hamper and folded clothes are great home touches there. The danger themed door looks great! Very pretty pink and white colour scheme of Louise's section of the room! The buttrrflies look pretty on the wall, placed either sides of the window. The unicorn, panda lamp and animal/ pets wall picture look cute! The colourfully patterned floor rug under the bed and the colourful circles floor prints look nice and suits her well! She would have fun playing with the doll house and toys from the chest . Very nice booknook ! She will enjoy sitting on the cute animal chair, reading a book. The floral wall decor items are pretyy touches there.
    The furnishing of the room to suit the two sisters looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for your kind words @rosemow! And this challenge was a lot of fun!

Sorry I haven't been able to post about everyone's room, but I've been checking them out as you've posted them and been very impressed by the variety, creativity and details of them. Keep those rooms coming!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    I went for the idea that they had a relatively normal sized bedroom since they're most likely upgrading bedroom size when their family moves. I didn't want to go over the top, but rather, stay within the parameters that I feel like my parents would set if my sister and I had to share a room temporarily. I hope you think it's as cute as I do!

Challenge No. 114
    Gallery Name: Bedroom Made for Sisters
    Origin ID: amyybugg14
    Pics:
    https://flic.kr/p/VjSTR9
    https://flic.kr/p/UNcjRU
    https://flic.kr/p/VjSUxu
    https://flic.kr/p/VjSUpU
    https://flic.kr/p/VjSUt1
    https://flic.kr/p/UNcjPQ
    https://flic.kr/p/UNcjNs
    https://flic.kr/p/VjSTXb
    https://flic.kr/p/VjSTT3
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @Laebeth Your Eco kitchen looks so sleek and modern, love the plants in the aquarium and the sliding glass doors.
    @Hisaosaka I'm late with my welcome to this thread, sorry. Great kitchen!
    @WrathofCath Cute touch with the table settings! I really love both of your kitchens, the french doors and the herb garden especially.
    @Jouvay beautiful colors and love all your plants. Very pretty kitchen island!
    @withlovejulien Very cute hippie kitchen, love the floor tiles and the yellow you have tossed in here and there.

If I missed anyone I'm sorry..... time for the bedroom challange :)

@mancie awe, your teenage sister room looks so cosy! It looks great with the dividers and the clothes racks. Is the one tile desk from the new pack? Want it! :) ...nvm, guess it is.

@Ainsleyf Love your room, I think you just convinced me to buy the new pack! :wink: Love the stars and the lights hanging by the bed... and the furniture, and the wallpaper... I was going to wait, lol.

@Sjemmie03 welcome to the challenge! Your room looks very girly and cute. I like how the teen bed is tucked in between the bookcase and closet, makes for a cosy area to sleep ( and watch TV ) :)

@Hisaosaka Such a tiny little room but you managed to fit in a lot! The pictures/art on the walls above the beds matches so perfectly the different "rooms"! Cute!

@coolsim9999999 Fun how you used two different color schemes in your room. The blue color in the teen's room liking science is very fitting, it screams science and aliens :) Very happy looking little sister room too with the big windows and all the purple.

@Cbear13 Wow, I like how you created different yet similar "rooms" for your two sisters. The colors really pop! The back splashes behind the beds are awesome.

@Internal_Chaos Great how the screen and box separates the room, I can tell the older one is into music with her guitar and matching bedspread :) I think you captured them moving soon very well!

@carolynrosser lol at your comments about your room :smiley: I think you nailed it,haha. Also with the teenager being messy. It's great they each have their own space in the room, really love your teenage space <3

• Options
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    I went for the idea that they had a relatively normal sized bedroom since they're most likely upgrading bedroom size when their family moves. I didn't want to go over the top, but rather, stay within the parameters that I feel like my parents would set if my sister and I had to share a room temporarily. I hope you think it's as cute as I do!

Challenge No. 114
    Gallery Name: Bedroom Made for Sisters
    Origin ID: amyybugg14
    Pics:
    35000535646_d6020ef643_z_d.jpg

34653320430_1e15a35160_z_d.jpg

35000537986_f3286031ef_z_d.jpg

35000537546_8f140f6516_z_d.jpg

35000537726_6d6c74bd28_z_d.jpg

34653320310_6a8656ed2c_z_d.jpg

34653320230_a8b6f81585_z_d.jpg

35000535756_9a6c1b7579_z_d.jpg

• Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2018

Challenge No. 114
    Theme for the week: A bedroom for a child and teenager
    Gallery Name: Sister Suite
    Origin ID: wildflower1971

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEENTH CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week : A bedroom for a child and teenager

Louise and Barbara are sisters. Louise is a toddler and Barbara is a teenager. Their family have sold their house and they are moving to a new home very soon where the girls will have separate bedrooms . But, at the moment the girls need to share the same bedroom at their temporary home whilst the new house is being built. Could you please design and furnish a bedroom for them that will suit both the girls? They don't want an ensuite bathroom included in the room, because there is a bathroom next door.
    They would be very pleased if you could design this bedroom for them!

Pics:
    18766828_460177834328166_8358542826125908039_o.jpg?oh=ec081c4964ecc1c03834ee684cc0f163&oe=59A7756A

18920991_460175680995048_9038521605748220642_o.jpg?oh=faa973c30370f82d02e3deb5e5a03c39&oe=59A641E8

18836598_460177447661538_3882781702925673246_o.jpg?oh=85861c8efa1f34657b4e2f9380716f26&oe=59B082F8

18839504_460176904328259_3752324038838999463_o.jpg?oh=6e5ab738b2e7d37f8a8b93785a8880a2&oe=59E695C2

18839424_460177854328164_7684990307131784449_o.jpg?oh=6093f000560eb09cdf1be3a3671b0211&oe=59B0FE96

18839634_460175347661748_3312440271411212481_o.jpg?oh=74cd50bd735daa332c17577f69340dce&oe=59A49B45

#o18815024_460175727661710_6247051019100233551_o.jpg?oh=3087233dce30d1719bc996cbb1ea0d47&oe=59B5EC04

#oneroomoneweekonetheme
    #wildflower1971

I hope you enjoy my entry for this week its been a little while since i entered
    Post edited by WILDFLOWER1971 on
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @PersRealmsShadow Your room looks very real and cute! Love how you divided the room with a dresser and mirror. The two tone pink makes it lovely.

@lsnishi Love your little toddler area with all the pictures on the wall, very cute! I think the teen room is very fitting for a goth, the mirrors and all the wall decorations look great in her room and haha she even have the right hairdo :)

@folala Congrats on your maxi fav! I'm reading the posts here, must admit I don't know the room, but will definitely take a peek later :) Loved your kitchen, even better that the shelf stuff was exactly like your grandma's <3

• Options
    edited June 2017
    The layout and furnishing of Bedroom made for Sisters is very nice! @amyybugg92 :) Very nice pink and teal colour scheme of the room. It looks very nice the way the pretty pink patterned wall dividers separate off the room areas. The pink curtains look nice in the room. Very nice book nook corner! Louise will enjoy sitting on the cute pink animal seat reading a book from the bookshelf. She will have fun playing with the toys from the toy box there and with the doll house, . The string of lights looks pretty on the wall. The kids paintings look great, placed proudly on the wall! The unicorn is cute in the room! Louise and her parents will like keeping track on her height on the walll growth chart. Very nice bed area for Barbara! The candles and flowers on the bedside table are pretty for her to see when laying in bed. It is nice that that the full length mirror with the lights on the edges is in the corner nook. Barbara will like to check on her appearance there. The beauty products are a great touch on the dresser. The wall decor on the bedhead wall look pretty and calming. Very nice corner study desk nook for Barbara to enjoy sitting at the desk table reading a book or doing homework. The wall posters look great! The animal pictures on the side wall where Louise sleeps is very cute for her to see when in bed! It is great that there is a night light there.
    It is a very nice bedroom for the sisters to share! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)

• Options
    edited June 2017
    It is so very nice to see you back here on the forums and that you have posted a room for this week's room challenge! @WILDFLOWER1971 :) Thank you very much for designing the room for the challenge !
    Sister Suite is such a pretty bedroom! :) The pink and white colour scheme of the walls and the pink starry floor pattern looks so very nice! It looks great how the curving screen shade separates off the room areas for the sisters. The books and bags clutter items on the floor in both areas of the room looks great! The bookworm and sports posters look great in the wall in Barbara's room section, and the beauty products are nice on the dresser top, ready for her to use. The flowers are a pretty touch there. It is good that she is keeping her journal on her bedside table, ready for her to write in. The tub of toys at the foot of Louise's bed is great! She will enjoy sitting on the pink polka dot patterned armchair, reading a book. Her paintings are proudly placed on the side wall beside her bed! The posters on the shared wall look great in the room. The yellow blinds are sunny touches in the room.
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! Thank you again for entering this week's challenge! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top