Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    @CathyTea Welcome to Murkland!! :)
    @lisabee2 Congrats on your Challenge 1 Victory!! :)
  • Options
    crstassecrstasse Posts: 33 Member
    I just want to say that I've started the Murkland Challenge, inspired by all the positive feedback on this site and the wonderful stories I've read. I'm new here so I've not posted enough comments to get a cool avatar pic yet, or include any photos of my game, though I've taken a whole lot of them!. I've been sort of lurking for the last week, but I finally summoned up enough nerve to sign in and let myself known. For the first time I really want to be part of the Murky community. It's so much fun!!! Everyone on here is upbeat and very cool.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    @CathyTea Welcome, and keep having fun in Murkland! :)
    @lisabee2 That's awesome! Congratulations on finishing part 1! :)
    @crtassse Welcome to you too! I hope you keep having fun too! ;)

I have been really enjoying it so far. I am up to 11 plants now and almost done with the aspiration part. I am taking lots of pictures and hope to make a little story when I get the time. I have a teen and 2 year old, (a 6 year old too, but she doesn't give me much to deal with.....yet) who keep me extra busy. I am wondering if the teens in the new GP will be as difficult as real life ones. If so I may never age up my sim kids, lol!

Have a Happy Murky week everyone!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    crstassecrstasse Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for the welcome Pallypoo!! I think getting to 16 trash plants was the hardest part, and completing the aspiration wasn't too hard and it was so much fun visiting all the different lots that have been created for this challenge. It took me about two weeks game play to get all 16 plants, and I've nearly completed the aspiration, just have to reach level 10 of the Charisma skill, I'm currently on level 9. I'm also hoping to get a story together, just have to figure out creating a blog and getting it up and running.

I've had a few strange bugs take place. For some reason no one ever visits my lot except for the welcome wagon on the first day and no visits from the vampires, which I always have in my other games? Not sure why, but also, when I visit the hot spring and fire festival lot, no one else visits those places? Unless I invite them along. The Pufferdome works fine though.

Some of the doors are not working for me either. I can't knock on Mad Mud's front door, and a couple of the other lots too? I went into manage world and the front doors are there, not sure if I need to add a cheat like Active Moo? Will that change things? Selling stuff on the table wasn't working for me either. But apart from that, everything is going okay!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    FINISHED ... Lisabee evolved her 16th trash plant to Perfect in full witness of THE goat!

The Post-apocalyptic Murkland Starter challenge is complete!

*Friend of the World Aspiration complete
    *16 Perfect Trash plants all started from trash piles!
    *29,267 simoleans
    *Dancing maxed
    *Charisma maxed
    *cooking maxed
    *gardening maxed

HAPPY DANCE!!

iSd7e3b.png

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! It's been so fun to read along! Thanks for the inspiration !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @crstasse If you have questions about setting up a blog, and you're using WordPress , I'd be happy to share what I know or point you to resources . I don't know the other blog sites , but I might know friendly and helpful people who do!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    > @Pallypoo said:
    > @CathyTea Welcome, and keep having fun in Murkland! :)
    > @lisabee2 That's awesome! Congratulations on finishing part 1! :)
    > @crtassse Welcome to you too! I hope you keep having fun too! ;)

I second this!
  • Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    crstasse wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome Pallypoo!! I think getting to 16 trash plants was the hardest part, and completing the aspiration wasn't too hard and it was so much fun visiting all the different lots that have been created for this challenge. It took me about two weeks game play to get all 16 plants, and I've nearly completed the aspiration, just have to reach level 10 of the Charisma skill, I'm currently on level 9. I'm also hoping to get a story together, just have to figure out creating a blog and getting it up and running.

I've had a few strange bugs take place. For some reason no one ever visits my lot except for the welcome wagon on the first day and no visits from the vampires, which I always have in my other games? Not sure why, but also, when I visit the hot spring and fire festival lot, no one else visits those places? Unless I invite them along. The Pufferdome works fine though.

Some of the doors are not working for me either. I can't knock on Mad Mud's front door, and a couple of the other lots too? I went into manage world and the front doors are there, not sure if I need to add a cheat like Active Moo? Will that change things? Selling stuff on the table wasn't working for me either. But apart from that, everything is going okay!

Welcome @crstasse The hot springs and fire festival lots are set as "general". That's why there isn't any other visitors. Someone mentioned in this thread that they changed the Fire festival lot to Nightclub, so that's what I did. If I remember correctly, I had to add a few chairs to meet the nightclub requirements. I just stuck them against the wall outside the fence. And for the hot springs, I always bring someone different with me. I found this to be the quickest way to make 20 friends. :) I know there was a problem with Mad Mud's front door and Brennachan uploaded a new fixed version. I have no clue about the others your having issue with. Selling stuff from the table didn't work so well for me either. I'm doing the gym side challenge now and, thankfully, I'm having much better luck selling stuff there!
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

Mad Mud's domicile is restricted .. I cannot remember the term for the lot trait but I have been friends with him for a while and never been in his house .. not sure about the others because I usually take a crew with me :)

The VAMPIRES bug me all the time tho
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Pallypoo wrote: »

I have been really enjoying it so far. I am up to 11 plants now and almost done with the aspiration part. I am taking lots of pictures and hope to make a little story when I get the time. I have a teen and 2 year old, (a 6 year old too, but she doesn't give me much to deal with.....yet) who keep me extra busy. I am wondering if the teens in the new GP will be as difficult as real life ones. If so I may never age up my sim kids, lol!

TY So much <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I just want to say that I've started the Murkland Challenge, inspired by all the positive feedback on this site and the wonderful stories I've read. I'm new here so I've not posted enough comments to get a cool avatar pic yet, or include any photos of my game, though I've taken a whole lot of them!. I've been sort of lurking for the last week, but I finally summoned up enough nerve to sign in and let myself known. For the first time I really want to be part of the Murky community. It's so much fun!!! Everyone on here is upbeat and very cool.

Welcome <3 and I will be sure to go back and like all of your posts s you can move towards full membership :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @CathyTea Welcome to Murkland!! :)
    @lisabee2 Congrats on your Challenge 1 Victory!! :)

<3 TY @ronnigirl67 :) I am so happy to have gotten past THE WALL .. that is always the toughest part of the challenge!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @lisabee2 Congrat!!!

<3 ty @Songwolf666 :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Simanta Selph has finished the Starter Challenge! Yay! (for the second time, since she didn't play fair the first time)

@Brennachan, now I have a question... do I save the game at this point and play the Gym Challenge as a side game or should she go on through the Gym Challenge, preparing to move on to the Second Challenge?

Edit: I can add pictures!
    413354996.jpg

Awesome job Beth .. that is great!! Kudos on 2X
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Oh, I have a few questions! I have a feeling I'm already cheating, and I sure hope not! :open_mouth:

1) Can we buy parsley seeds by clicking on the planter?

2) Can we breed frogs?

3) Can we go to Granite Falls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, if we want, for a shower?

4) And I can buy Steel Bladder and Incredibly Friendly and Green Thumb as I get the aspiration points, right? And can I buy the hygiene one, too?

• Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh, I have a few questions! I have a feeling I'm already cheating, and I sure hope not! :open_mouth:

2) Can we breed frogs?

3) Can we go to Granite Falls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, if we want, for a shower?

4) And I can buy Steel Bladder and Incredibly Friendly and Green Thumb as I get the aspiration points, right? And can I buy the hygiene one, too?

I will try and answer this for you. :# I think,

1) We can only grow Trash fruit in this part of the challenge. In the gym bonus challenge we can grow other things.

2) I don't remember it saying we couldn't anywhere. I have a couple of times so I hope that is ok too.

3) We can shower there so I guess that would be ok. I always shower there when I am there on those days.

4) Only the carefree trait is off limits...and potions.

I hope that helps.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Today Lisabee beats the boredom ... Perhaps life in Murkland is getting a bit stale .. #murkland
    @Brennachan @Shizu9no1

[img][/img]xXnfRaO.png

Great update! I love it!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    FINISHED ... Lisabee evolved her 16th trash plant to Perfect in full witness of THE goat!

The Post-apocalyptic Murkland Starter challenge is complete!

*Friend of the World Aspiration complete
    *16 Perfect Trash plants all started from trash piles!
    *29,267 simoleans
    *Dancing maxed
    *Charisma maxed
    *cooking maxed
    *gardening maxed

HAPPY DANCE!!

iSd7e3b.png

@lisabee2 -- Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I know it was a lot of hard work! I saw over on FB that you already have your badge! Awesome! Woot! Woot!

• Options
    edited May 2017
    minkydpain wrote: »
    Minky Rivers has managed to complete the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration, got all her plants started for the gym side challenge, and has just completed her first Bestseller for the Library side challenge, a joke book! With all the money she's spending on a barista, she's only managed to save about 3500 simoleons and she's having a hard time sticking to an exercise routine, but she's keeping the pounds off and learning a lot :)

@minkydpain -- Awesome! You are doing so well!
  • Options
    @CathyTea -- yes, lots of more interesting sims around since the patch!

@lisabee2 -- Awesome screenies of the new more weirder townies. I hope they keep it that way!
  • Options

@crstasse -- Welcome! Big murky hugs!
  • Options

@Pallypoo -- I can't wait to read your story and see the screenies!
  • Options

2) Can we breed frogs?

1) We can only grow Trash fruit in this part of the challenge. In the gym bonus challenge we can grow other things.

2) I don't remember it saying we couldn't anywhere. I have a couple of times so I hope that is ok too.

3) We can shower there so I guess that would be ok. I always shower there when I am there on those days.

I hope that helps.

@Pallypoo answered these right @CathyTea. Thank you Pally! Good questions Cathy!
  • Options
    Brennachan wrote: »

2) Can we breed frogs?

I hope that helps.

@Pallypoo answered these right @CathyTea. Thank you Pally! Good questions Cathy!

Oh no! (on the growing things!) But it's not too late--I haven't harvested yet, so I'll just pull all the plants.

So... where do we get parsley? I don't think it grows in Oasis Springs...

(And I'm not asking anyone to tell me! I know that figuring this out is part of the challenge!)

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited May 2017
    @CathyTea Welcome to the Murkyness!
    Parsley can be found in Granite Falls. You also want to work on those skills and I am sure one of Murkland Townies can hook you up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top