Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Patch Day and that means SAVE a copy of your Murkland game in a safe place.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-updates/
    Update: 05/25/2017 – PC Version 1.30.103.1010 / Mac Version 1.30.103.1210
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918420/may-25-2017-patch-notes#latest
    The new method of saving the game is confusing.
    • Save slots now use household thumbnails instead of a text list
    • No more will you have to remember which save your Goopy-Gilscarbo household was in – it’s all visual now!
    • Thumbnails however will be blank until the save is opened, and re-saved post patch release.
    • Save backups can now be restored via this UI by clicking on the Recover Save option from the Load Game dialog.
    I have been in the habit of using 'Save As' then chose a name for the save or save over an existing one that I want to update.
    Maybe this will help explain the new save method?
    Crinrict http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/05/patch-1-30-103/
    The Load/Save menu got an overhaul so that it will be easier to load backups and know which save is which. Hope this solves some of the issues with that. The auto save was removed as it was not working as intended. You’ll have to use mods if you want an autosave now.
    On the fixes side, Sims will now be able to swim laps again, the edit in CAS cheat should work for non-active Sims again and some other nuisances that have been a around for a while. Unfortunately there’s no fixes for the Proposal issue, the Dine Out food quality issue or the GTW career issues.
    I noticed when I did this it worked BUT when I went back to the 'Save As' menu the saves were not named. Hovering over the thumbnail showed generic names followed by a number. On the bottom right there is an option to "Recover Save".
    That brings up a list of saves named by you. Using that option I was able to bring up the correct version of my save for that household.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I have a question about selling the items we collect. (forgive me if this has been answered, I am too lazy to go back and read all the pages and can't remember.)

Can we sell items in the sell box thing in our inventory, where we drag them over to it? Or do we have to sell them only at the table?
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Pallypoo - You can sell them either way. The advantage of selling at the yard sale table is that you can marked up items and get more simoleons. But you don't have to do it that way.
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Pallypoo - You can sell them either way. The advantage of selling at the yard sale table is that you can marked up items and get more simoleons. But you don't have to do it that way.

I see, Thanks!

• AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I finally got around to playing the challenge again and made some progress. I am nowhere near finished but I managed to visit Granite Falls at least. It was the first time that I gave that location the attention it deserved even though I didn't find any dragon dragonflies. Since I don't usually play this way it takes forever to make progress.

Love the gym side challenge! I will do it after I finish the library side challenge!
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Hi everyone! I am so sorry to be MIA! I had had a really hard week. I was in dental pain agony for the first part which let to a temporary crown being put in a cracked tooth. And then my cat Tigger went missing. It's really been a bad week for me!

I'm going to try my best to catch up now! Big hugs to all of your wonderful Murklanders!
    @Pallypoo -- a 4 out of 5 on the quiz is wonderful! Woot! Woot!

@minkydpain -- wow! Doing 2 side challenges at once! You go! That's awesome!

@BUTTONSGINGER -- awesome job on completing the challenge! Did I send you your button yet? Great job!

@ronnigirl67 -- Great job on finishing the challenge and I see you are already sporting your badge! Woot!

@crissylp89 -- perfect score! You did fantastic!

@EuphorialQueen -- thank you so much for all the info on the update!

@Pallypoo -- you can sell straight from your inventory or you can use the table. It's up to you! If you decide to use the table, you can mark up the prices as much as you want.

@SoulGal7 -- You already answered the questions for Pally! Thank you so much for that!

@Asaoyoru -- awesome! Don't worry about the slow process -- just have fun! I'm so glad you are playing!

Wow, I think I am caught up! If I missed anything, please re-post it. Sorry if I did!

Great big mutant hugs and hip bumps!
    Hope the weekend is better for you @Brennachan !

I have been having fun playing. I had to restart because I was forgetting to eat trash fruit everyday. I am making sure now by keeping to a routine of eating it each night before bed. ;) I am up to 2 plants now.

Happy weekend to everyone in Murkland! :)

@Pallypoo -- thank you! If my Tigger comes home it will be the best weekend ever! I'm very worried about him. :(

Congratulations on getting two trashplants! That's awesome!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Finally....Challenge #1 Complete
    05-23-17_7-16-58nbspAM.png

Celebrating my victory with drinks and dancing with some of my murky friends and neighbors! :)
    05-23-17_8-50-13nbspAM.png
    05-23-17_8-43-43nbspAM.png

CONGRATS .. that is wonderful!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Hi everyone! I keep forgetting to post in this thread. I am most active on the

Facebook group :smiley:

murkla11.jpg

what_s10.jpg

Congrats .. again this is awsome!! You all are doing such a great job!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Thanks @EuphorialQueen !!! Brannachan told me she uses Facebook, but that doesn't seem to work for me. I'll check out the sites you've mentioned :smiley:

I have a photbucket that is alright (it is SLOW) and I have an Imgur that I love.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    I took the quiz and yeah 5 out of 5! Yep I'm an official Murkland Salamander! :smiley:

ohh and I have Jaxton's last chapter ready:

https://tammy329.wordpress.com/introduction-to-a-murky-story-in-nukecrest/chapter-12-contract-completed/

Did you finish the first one ?? I will go read tonight!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited May 2017
    Today Lisabee beats the boredom ... Perhaps life in Murkland is getting a bit stale .. #murkland
    @Brennachan @Shizu9no1

[img][/img]xXnfRaO.png

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I took the quiz and yeah 5 out of 5! Yep I'm an official Murkland Salamander! :smiley:

https://tammy329.wordpress.com/introduction-to-a-murky-story-in-nukecrest/chapter-12-contract-completed/

Yes Jaxton has completed challenge 1 and now I am back to Aspen to try out the 2 side challenges! I feel bad she did not get a story to with challenge , but I promised not to neglect her for the next challenge!

I loved yor new chapter!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @lisabee2 -great chapter and what a great idea! Oh I wish we had fishing derbys in the sims 4 for real! That would be very cool! I loved all your screenies and I know that they take a long time to take. Great work!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 -great chapter and what a great idea! Oh I wish we had fishing derbys in the sims 4 for real! That would be very cool! I loved all your screenies and I know that they take a long time to take. Great work!

<3 TY so much <3 LOL there were a ton of them this time because I did not have the heart to leave many behind!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »

Yes Jaxton has completed challenge 1 and now I am back to Aspen to try out the 2 side challenges! I feel bad she did not get a story to with challenge , but I promised not to neglect her for the next challenge!

I loved yor new chapter!

TY and CONGRATS on the finish
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    Minky Rivers has managed to complete the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration, got all her plants started for the gym side challenge, and has just completed her first Bestseller for the Library side challenge, a joke book! With all the money she's spending on a barista, she's only managed to save about 3500 simoleons and she's having a hard time sticking to an exercise routine, but she's keeping the pounds off and learning a lot :)
    Dare I HOPE? I think I do see a light at the end of the tunnel for Lisabee in The Post-apocalyptic Murkland Starter challenge?!?! My first perfect trash plant (only 15 more to go)!! BUT I am still WAY low on friends (I had 17 and now after the update I have 12) Augh! #Murkland

kViYWQ6.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I've started this! It was @lisabee2 , @ra3rei , and @Rainydayz179 who inspired me. I read their stories, and it just looks so fun!

After two evenings of play, I can say it IS fun! I'll be writing a story to go along, but not until later--I've got a busy time right now, so I've decided that my compromise with myself is that I can play the game now, but I'll wait until July to start posting my chapters.

After a bit of play, I've got a few questions for other players:

1) The neighborhoods in Oasis Springs are SO full of people! Is it this way for you in your games? I'm used to having maybe half as many people around in my other games...

2) The people are so friendly--even the Townies! My SimSelf has made friends super quickly, even with having little charisma skill. She made best friends with the librarian in a few Sim hours! I'm used to that taking a lot longer. And she seems to make friends with people within the first conversation. Are the Murkland Sims just that much friendlier?

Also, my Murkland save is spawning a LOT of goofballs. How about your games? Do you have an extra number of goofballs running around?

Another thing I love is that my Townies seem to fit right in--they're wearing the wild Murkland clothing style all on their own!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I've started this! It was @lisabee2 , @ra3rei , and @Rainydayz179 who inspired me. I read their stories, and it just looks so fun!

After two evenings of play, I can say it IS fun! I'll be writing a story to go along, but not until later--I've got a busy time right now, so I've decided that my compromise with myself is that I can play the game now, but I'll wait until July to start posting my chapters.

After a bit of play, I've got a few questions for other players:

1) The neighborhoods in Oasis Springs are SO full of people! Is it this way for you in your games? I'm used to having maybe half as many people around in my other games...

2) The people are so friendly--even the Townies! My SimSelf has made friends super quickly, even with having little charisma skill. She made best friends with the librarian in a few Sim hours! I'm used to that taking a lot longer. And she seems to make friends with people within the first conversation. Are the Murkland Sims just that much friendlier?

Also, my Murkland save is spawning a LOT of goofballs. How about your games? Do you have an extra number of goofballs running around?

Another thing I love is that my Townies seem to fit right in--they're wearing the wild Murkland clothing style all on their own!

<3 ohh wonderful! Welcome to the murky side @CathyTea <3

I don't have so many in my oasis springs because I booted most of the regulars out .. now my Nukcrest is brimming with other simmers simselves!

You are lucky on the making friends part .. that took me forever!!

AND YES I cannot tell you how many STRANGE folk there are in my game now .. it is new since the update (I always suspect there are programmers haveing sport with us when these strange things happen .. like all food was spicy and random whoo and now some strange folks .. and when you go into manage households to change their clothing you find that that is not was they are wearing in cas ?) I guess they just want us to be EXTRA murky!!

vb7yewC.png
    lH3zlpH.png
    QeeN3P5.png
    ofJyIVv.png

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

FINISHED ... Lisabee evolved her 16th trash plant to Perfect in full witness of THE goat!

The Post-apocalyptic Murkland Starter challenge is complete!

*Friend of the World Aspiration complete
    *16 Perfect Trash plants all started from trash piles!
    *29,267 simoleans
    *Dancing maxed
    *Charisma maxed
    *cooking maxed
    *gardening maxed

HAPPY DANCE!!

iSd7e3b.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member