Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @mannanna --- Congratulations on the Maxis fave :)!! Great author rooms, if I missed you and kitchens everyone!!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Thank you everyone for the congrats! Yay :smile:

Love your Eco-Boho kitchen @Ainsleyf! It's so colorful and happy, all the plants on the shelves, the greenery on the fireplace... love it.

@mancie I hope you'll stick with this thread and we'll see a third attempt :) I like how you combined the outdoors/indoors in your Nature's Kitchen. And the pitchfork on the wall, haha. It has a nice country feel to it.

@coolsim9999999 Another fun build from you, I feel a little sorry for your Sim though having to make all that food. And all the fruit that's on the floor, she'll be up all night. It looks very eco friendly with all that wood.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @rosemow --- Thank you so much for your awesome, detailed review of my kitchen! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing all the eco-friendly little details that I included in the room and all of the vegetables in the room and through the windows, as well as the cabinets, island and small bar :)<3 !!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @mannanna --- Thanks a lot --- I'm happy that you like my kitchen! This thread is always fun to build for and see everyone's super builds :)! Yeah, I know --- she'll have to drink some sleep replacement --- lol B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2017
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: Eco Living Themed Kitchen
    Gallery name of room : Landgraab's Landfill
    Origin id : Mannanna
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9154705C40F911E7859B8B20C9C2EFDF?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=oneroomoneweekonetheme&max=50&maxis=false

Well, Landgraab, Penny likes her kitchen despite the high cost of the interior walls. She's growing her own chives right by the stove, she has 3 bins she's using for recycling...

05-24-17_2-40-39PM_zpsaw6mx1ax.png
    05-24-17_2-34-13PM_zpsdtk2fxv2.png
    05-24-17_7-10-55PM_zpsg0kj9ryd.png

05-24-17_2-36-01PM_zpsjfqkqda7.png
    The morning sun warms up her kitchen.
    05-24-17_2-38-46PM_zps2ui94vmw.png
    She has efficient LED lights under her cabinets
    05-24-17_6-27-30PM_zps718oag8d.png
    ...as I was testing to make sure the trash bins worked a neighbor came in and had so much fun stomping the garbage. Now he really needs a shower :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The recycled and natural furnishing and layout of Landgraab's Landfill is very nice! @mannanna :) It was great reading the background details of the room! Very nice wooden and metal theme of the furnishings! Very nice stove area nooks! It looks great how the stove has been placed between the counters, and hanging pans on the wall. It is nice that Penelope is growing chives in her kitchen to use in the cooking. They look great on the stove wall. The microwave looks great on the side table and is nice touches that there are shelves in the nooks either sides with plants,jars, utensils and scales on. Very nice island sink and bar stool counter! The curved bar stool counter area look great! Sims will like sitting there chatting whilst meals are being cooked. Very nice sunny breakfast nook beside the windows! Sims will enjoy eating meals at the table with sunshine coming in onto them. The green colour of the seats and the brown patterned floor rug look nice together and suit well the natural theme of the room. Nice drinks counter nook in the room for making cups of coffee and tea. The teabags and coffee bags look great there! The wall knives look great and it is great touch that LED lights are used in the room. The three bins for recycling is a great ecological touch.
    It is great that the neighbour came visiting when you were playtesting and had fun stomping on the garbage! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    @mannanna --- Your kitchen is really nice! I especially like your color scheme and decorations :). It is also nice that she lives in the city (I'm assuming --- since the neighbor came and made a mess) :o!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ShellbellShellbell Posts: 132 Member
    @mannanna the use of the brick cabinets is lovely. I like the splashes of green you used threw the room. Haha seems you have some pesky neighbors trashing your house.
  • Options
    @coolsim9999999 love the big amount of space in your kitchen. I like the big windows that were used.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Lots of great rooms so far! I tried to keep my footprint small in keeping with the theme but tried to include a rainwater catchment tank, compost pail and recycling bins. The kitchen is LED lighted power by solar panels/batteries and made of recycled bricks and wood from a deconstructed old brewery.

Theme for the week: Eco-Friendly kitchen
    Gallery Name of Room: Reduce Reuse Recycle
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D81A19A8416D11E78854A3F861F4B698
    Pics:
    05-25-17_7-03-02AM.png
    05-25-17_7-01-02AM.png
    05-25-17_7-02-15AM.png
    05-25-17_7-01-27AM.png
    05-25-17_7-03-16AM.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    manciemancie Posts: 105 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for your review - I really enjoyed this challenge!
    @mannanna Thank you for your comments and congrats on the Maxis Fav!!
    @Shellbell Thank you for your comments - I love your Rustic Kitchen particularly the shape and the plant pots inside. I agree that it is fun to use items that you wouldn't normally use.
  • Options
    Reduce Reuse Recycle is a very nice ecologically themed kitchen! @lsnishi :) The name of the kitchen suits the theme so well! The environmentally friendly background details to the room are great! It is great that the materials have come from an old deconstructed brewery, and that there is led lighting powered by solar panels. The idea of having a rainwater catchment is great! It looks very great how you have used the water cylinder and piping there! The three separate recycling bins looks great! The brick wall texture from the recycled materials looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of the room! The food pictures are a nice touch on the walls. Very nice windows sink nook area! The plants in the window sill and the hanging baskets are nice and pretty touches of nature in the room. The middle island stove counter looks great! The design of it with the columns either sides looks so very great! The coffee cup picture is a nice touch on the half wall. The wall knives, jars on the kitchen shelving, sauces , teapots cabinets and hanging garlic are great kitchen touches in the room. The diamond floor patterning looks very nice!
    The design and furnishing of the kitchen is so very ecologically minded! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    @Isnishi Love the backround story behind the build of the kitchen it really got me thinking on wear every piece had came from. Love that the family is all included in the pics.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @Shellbell for your kind comments! I have enjoyed looking at everyone's builds so far and have been so impressed with the creativity and design of the rooms. Keep them coming everyone!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Since I'm new and can't create my own thread I had a quick question to ask and maybe one of you can answer it. Have you ever had a sim dine out and while their eating you get a notification that says their drink paired well with their meal this is the first time I ever noticed it and at first thought I read the notification wrong but after opening the notification window and looking at it, it did say that it paired well. Any one else know any combos for it. I can't remember what my sim was drinking at the time but they were eating the Free Range Sixam Pit Beast and the drink was either Simsnapolitan, Soft Shadow, or Monte Vista Reserve.
  • Options
    Shellbell wrote: »
    Since I'm new and can't create my own thread I had a quick question to ask and maybe one of you can answer it. Have you ever had a sim dine out and while their eating you get a notification that says their drink paired well with their meal this is the first time I ever noticed it and at first thought I read the notification wrong but after opening the notification window and looking at it, it did say that it paired well. Any one else know any combos for it. I can't remember what my sim was drinking at the time but they were eating the Free Range Sixam Pit Beast and the drink was either Simsnapolitan, Soft Shadow, or Monte Vista Reserve.

Hello @Shellbell :) There has been other simmers who also have had this notification . I am not sure what the best food and drink combinations are though.
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    My kitchen is made from reclaimed wood for the cabinets, recycled concrete for the countertops, and reused floor tiles to make the mosaic pattern on the floor! It also includes a herb wall!

Gallery Name of Room: Recycled Eco Kitchen
    Origin ID: amyybugg14
    Pics:
    https://flic.kr/p/V5rZCd
    https://flic.kr/p/UWjvj6
    https://flic.kr/p/V5rZDL
    https://flic.kr/p/V5rZJA
    https://flic.kr/p/V5rZGw
    Whole Album:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskVP7nDR
  • Options
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    My kitchen is made from reclaimed wood for the cabinets, recycled concrete for the countertops, and reused floor tiles to make the mosaic pattern on the floor! It also includes a herb wall!

Gallery Name of Room: Recycled Eco Kitchen
    Origin ID: amyybugg14
    Pics:
    34837246336_cb3759c131_z_d.jpg
    34745253341_2794840e3d_z_d.jpg

34837246426_d0ea02b043_z_d.jpg

34837246706_ab05f38877_z_d.jpg

34837246586_ec57f980df_z_d.jpg

Whole Album:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskVP7nDR

• Options
    Recycled Eco Kitchen is very ecological friendly ! @amyybugg92 :) It is very creative and great, that reclaimed wood, recycled concrete and reused floor tiles were used in the room! The mosaic floor tiling looks so very nice! It is such a great environment friendly idea for the flooring and it looks very effective! The green colour of the walls looks calming. The stove and bar stool counter is great! Sims will enjoy eating their breakfast whilst sitting on the stools and enjoying the sunlight through the kitchen windows. The plants are nice touches of nature on the edge of the counter. The menu boards, fruit bowl, teabags, hanging pans, olive oil and wall knives are great kitchen touches. The leafy wall picture is nice for sims to look at as they prepare meals. Very nice layout of the room! It looks very nice the way that the windows are on all the walls in a U shape, allowing warming sunshine and nice sunlight to come into the room. The wooden cabinets look great placed above the windows. The positioning of the herb garden plant box shelving on the wall looks so very nice!
    It is such a very nice nature themed room and ecologically sound kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    @amyybugg92 like the color you used and tiles are very pretty. Great job
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    New week, new theme!

A bit of a challenge for me personally, as I'm not really that familiar with this whole Eco-living thing :p I guess I'm a bit behind on the Eco movement! But doing some research and seeing the great rooms posted so far helps with ideas, and I think my room is slowly coming along :blush:

@EuphorialQueen Wow, you were quick to whip up a room this week! :smiley: I love the rustic country look! The stone flooring you put under the stove looks great, and those hanging pots are awesome! The outdoor patio with the BBQ for keeping the kitchen cooler is a great idea :wink:

@Shellbell Love those paintings! haha! Makes me hungry. I wanted them in my room but they wouldn't fit :p Love that you've added an indoor herb garden, that's a great idea :blush: The greenere/plants look great against the brick wall, and that old stove is a great choice for Eco living!

@mancie Your room has a great rustic look! Having the garden/plants indoors to improve the air quality is such a great idea, so is the intake over the stove to provide heat to the house. So clever! The kitchen island with the stove integrated looks great :blush:

@Ainsleyf Eco living and boho, a great combination of styles :smiley: The rustic style kitchen looks so good with colors and patterns from the boho style :blush: Like those colorful carpets and curtains for example. I like that you have the extra wall height and have stacked more cabinets, it looks good! And how cool that you added a fireplace! The shelves with the plants look great too.. a little micro herb garden perhaps? :p

@coolsim9999999 Your kitchen has a great open feeling. It's large with lots of space :blush: It looks like someone is hosting a cooking class, with all the cutting boards around that kitchen island :smile: I like that you added bamboo to decorate, as well as all the fruit and vegetables. So very fitting for the theme! The outside herb garden is also a great touch!

@mannanna Wow, I really love that stove area and the backdrop you have created! That shelving area with the windows look so good, and I love the plants behind the stove! I'm also a huge fan of the soft beige and brown color scheme :blush: Love that you mixed different counters, and have both recycled stone as well as wood! Love it!

@lsnishi My, that rainwater tank is an amazingly creative idea! Love it! I think your room has a great layout, and I love the stone walls. It's great how you imagine it being from an old brewery :blush: It shows you've put quite some thought and consideration into this room! Amazing :smile:

@amyybugg92 You've taken some great screenshots, I feel like I'm peeking through someones window :wink: That floor looks great! I haven't thought to use that in a kitchen! I love the layout, and it's tastefully decorated. I'm a huge fan of those counters too, they look great for this room, and the brown looks great with the white/light blue from the walls and flooring. It's a lovely room!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    @Laebeth I was clueless when it came to this challenge I had to go online and do some research and went threw the bb catalog like 10 times picking out things I think would fit and just setting them aside. The stove idea I got from my sister because her kitchen has a little brick nook that her stove goes in and she had mentioned that it would like even nicer it was a wood stove so I added to my kitchen.
  • Options
    Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    Here is my kitchen, it has wood cabinets and a stone floor, decorated with light and nature. I have 2 pots for herbs, veggies or fruit.

Theme of the week: Eco-Friendly Kitchen
    Gallery Name of Room: Eco Friendly Kitchen
    Origin ID: Spikefan74

Pics:

kNn2bSs.png

v0IgxYT.png

ifRWaVm.png

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights