Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Me, Or does Parenthood Game Pack sound really really boring!

Comments

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    JMConcept wrote: »
    I'm not even a huge "family play" type of player. But generations bought alot to the table so i'm hoping this pack changes the entire skeleton of the game.

However, the fact that it's a game pack gives me mixed feelings. On one hand that's a sign that it'll be half backed but on the other hand many aspects of generations were including in game patches plus the expansion pack didn't come with a town so it doesn't need to be a full on expansion (if that makes sense).

When has a game pack ever been half baked?

694.png
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Well, I am just not sure what this pack will add. I do see the danger of it adding a lot of busy work. But we will see.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    It is personal preference. I am super excited for the new game pack.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Parenthood? really??? can you pay more attention and concentrating on pets or seasons finally, and stop feeding us with such a sh....t??
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I like family things etc but cooome ooon! I'm sure when seasons comes there will be a lot of family activities.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    edited May 2017
    I like family things etc but cooome ooon! I'm sure when seasons comes there will be a lot of family activities.

Yes but it was none in the home everyone was basically just living there it didn't feel like a home but with the new parenting it does but who knows what the devs are working on for an EP it could be either of the most popular two Pets or Seasons.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Parenthood? really??? can you pay more attention and concentrating on pets or seasons finally, and stop feeding us with such a sh....t??

Why should they waste time on pets? I usually find them boring in the sims. yet you don't see me going into thread about pets to tell everyone why they should stop caring about a pet expansion, because I know that though it might not interest me in the slightest, I know that others do want it. That and for the somaniest time, this is a Game Pack, not the next Expansion pack; when they do a pets expansion, it will probably come out around october. Different teams work on expansion packs vs game packs, hence this game pack coming out, will in no way or how affect when the pets expansion pack comes out. So why complain that other fans are getting something they want, when it won't make what you want come any faster?
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    This pack sounds awesome to me. Family play is the main reason I play the sims 4 I love doing things with the whole family, I can't wait for this to release.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think this pack is going to be really great and look forward to hearing more this next week. I did really like world adventures in Sims 3 to bad they did not have more for the children in that EP. If Sims 4 every does something similar, I am hoping they look at all the life stages. Because when you go on vacation there is always something for everyone. Not that I want Sims 4 to be a duplicate of Sims 3 cause I don't. I like the idea of pets for Sims 4 but small pets birds, reptiles, cats, dogs. I would much rather have seasons before pets miss the rain, snow, thunder, lightening, etc. Or even a vacation package to a beach would be nice for our family sims to see what trouble they can get into.
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    > @angelchrome said:

> Maybe once they get all this parenting / toddler stuff in order it will be smooth sailing into a really good Pets pack.
    > For example, something like a pet training skill. It's similar enough. Exchange the todds for a dog or cat.
    >

Oooh yes please! I can totally see that happening! I love playing families/generations + pets so I'm really looking forward to future developments from here on out :)
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    My philosophy is that saying, "Isn't the thing you want just awful and aren't the things I want much better?" won't get you very far. Even when I'm not particularly interested in a pack (laundry, for instance) - I know it's something that other people desperately want and by supporting those people, I feel it's much more likely those people will be willing to support the things I want in the future.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    it's entertaining and interesting for some of us. Personally I find pyramids and mummies really really boring.

For me, pyramids and mummies are something you do once or twice, and then it mostly gets ignored. Whereas parenting is something that keeps coming back.

Like bowling? I played bowling a couple of times.... now it's boring. They need to create activities that hold our interests longer and do not get monotonous.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    C'mon Sims 4 designers, bring back Pyramids and Mummies, Pets, Seasons, or something exciting. Kids misbehaving? really? Have you run out of ideas?

No I don't think it's just you. It's more like the family players have been asking and asking for family stuff. I find the whole family thing really not my cup of tea. Like you WA was one of my favorite packs and I still use it. I thought TS3 Generations was probably the worst pack (but not worse than Katy Perry)and yet a lot of people really liked it. My TS3 game is full of insane, evil scientists, world travel, fighting mummies, witches,zombies, slums and murder mysteries.

When I first started to play I saw that so many people play legacies and generational families so I thought I would try. By gen 3 I felt like this

headdesk.gif

I knew it wasn't for me. I found it predictable, boring and lather,rinse,repeat in it's sameness. Give me meteors and zombies any day.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    OP, It is not you. Just as there are MANY people who have wanted this, there are MANY people who would rather have something else. I for one believe that EA is focusing so much on the Sims themselves that other areas of the game that so MANY people love (building as an example) have been ignored.
    Okay, so the family players have gotten pretty much everything they want (toddlers included), it is time to focus on other things than the Sims themselves. Where are the new build tools we were promised? Let's work on that next! :smiley:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2017
    altho most of my game play is family based and i do like this an probably will get it i do have to agree with you on the gurus running out of ideas. i mean for once do something out of the box like maybe intead of just a new season Ep they thow in amusment parks with roller costers or maybe an aquarium they can visit or better yet make a expantion pack thats based on disneyland or disney world only sim style can you say llama land???
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I am excited about this pack. Always looking for more gameplay, and I think the focus on family is an excellent choice.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I think it has potential, but I'm a little afraid of it. I'm not sure I want rebellious kids. I'm not into drama. My own kids (now in their 30s) never caused any drama. I guess we'll see how it all turns out :smile:
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They will totally bring back things like world adventures. But don't you think you'd rather your Sims interacted with each other better while they were doing it? Family players will love this pack. I'm more of an adventurer but I'm still interested.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    it's entertaining and interesting for some of us. Personally I find pyramids and mummies really really boring.

For me, pyramids and mummies are something you do once or twice, and then it mostly gets ignored. Whereas parenting is something that keeps coming back.

Like bowling? I played bowling a couple of times.... now it's boring. They need to create activities that hold our interests longer and do not get monotonous.

But bowling is something that almost every sim can do at least once or twice in their life. Like going to restaurants or going shopping. Whereas not all sims will be adventurous sims who will go on pyramid adventures.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    What you guys seem to not realize is TS4 didn't come with a bunch of proper responses and consequences that could jeopardize your Sims. It was released in my opinion all rainbow and unicorns. This GP should help get rid of some that and bring more chaos and proper reaction to situations. You know like real life. When I argue with someone I don't then smile and want to have a joke. So, hopefully you guys will see it's value in the bigger picture of things of how Sims should behave/have a more realistic reponse (consequences from that) though you didn't have to beef that up in TS3 as much as I think this game needs to do. But then again, I wasn't a fan of TS3's AI and consequences and reactions, either. I thought they were sparse until Generations helped flesh that out more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited May 2017
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    My philosophy is that saying, "Isn't the thing you want just awful and aren't the things I want much better?" won't get you very far. Even when I'm not particularly interested in a pack (laundry, for instance) - I know it's something that other people desperately want and by supporting those people, I feel it's much more likely those people will be willing to support the things I want in the future.

My thoughts exactly. We all have our thoughts of fun and we all live differently in reality with different experiences and in some ways that also effects how/what we find a 'virtual escape' to be.

We simmers are even more complex than any of the million expansions that we've explored lol. Most of the expansions in TS4 were pretty 'meh' to me, I bought them for very small reasons(mostly due to my happiness of how well toddlers came out), but none of them gave me the pure fun immersive feeling that most of the expansion (the gamepacks were better)packs used to give. That being said, I know that it was due to other simmers liking those styles of play and because of that waiting was tough and honestly I almost gave up on seeing an expansion pack that interested me (didn't pick up TS4 for almost 2 years).

so some years afterwards, I find out about the shocking toddler reveal (didn't even believe my niece when she said it lol). While booting my game up for the first time in ages, I could feel how big of a turn this year was going to be for the sims. Then vampires were released, Even though I'm not a fan of the creepy crawlies, I understood that others do. Plus they do add Victorian furniture, even though I made a decision to not buy it due to the frequent break-ins and wasn't sure how my son would react to them...i'd be a not so happy princess with that :lol: . That being said, it was sweet to see all of those vamp fans happy <3.

I actually enjoyed bowling in it's own way. In TS3, my university students had many fun moments in the bowling ally, it's a really nice dating/family place. Who wants to go out to the club,bar,lounge for every single date? My hubby would have had a fit with all those single guys around :lol: thank goodness it's just the sims. Not to mention there were some bowling fans out there, and EA delivered for them.

For me, this parenthood pack is an extreme game-changer in how I (and possibly many others) see TS4 in it's current state. While that might be small to some (since it's a GP with no world), I think it's big deal for not only many family players but also the simmer looking for in-depth interactions and actual, meaningful consequences in the game.

@zubrowkas I think your philosophy is something I wish all of us simmers could adopt. I think that's why I don't recall as much argument this deep into the other series. It wasn't exactly weather simmers liked it or not, in the end we all said "It might not be for me, but I'm happy the sim fans that asked for it got it." because as you said: " feel it's much more likely those people will be willing to support the things I want in the future." your right. We're all connected in the end (regardless of our likes and dislikes). Most family players may also enjoy the company of a furry critter (pets). Both family and pet lovers may enjoy weather (family playing in the snow with their dog, priceless <3). Supernatural/magic fans also make families and use pets (what's a witch without her black cat? lol). Feels like I just described the fluid nature of the average sims game through out the series lol.

Sorry for the long post, my heart just totally connected with this post and I just had to go with it <3
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    VromanceVromance Posts: 72 Member
    pft, if this new GP is "boring" than I want some more of that!~ I dare say what's been revealed so far... that it's going to be 100% better than the most recent EP. At least for family players like myself. :)
    tumblr_oalut1nqGt1vzdforo4_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    I hope I like this GP, because OP, the Pets EP if it comes out this year, will be one I am skipping. So, it's going to be another year before I'm even interested in the next EP. So, I hope you can understand I follow the GP team more than the EP team since I think the GPs help me get through the EPs I don't particularly care for other than the WB world and the flea market table from CL. And maybe the singing trait. (I do mean I like the GPs better because they are very focused on a theme).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »

thing with bowling, is that it's a nice group activity.

But I mostly use it as a background thing, since I tend to use my bowling alley for birthday parties. I put up a kid's corner, so the kids have toys to play with, that arcade machine for teens, and a kitchen to easily bake a cake. Now it's a fun place for the family to head to. Sometimes they bowl, sometimes they don't. But I still use the objects from that pack.

Thing is though, bowling is indeed something not all sims would be doing. As compared to this parenting pack, which would have an everyday impact on sims, either in how they raise their kids, or in how they were raised, or as cinebar likes to point out, how other sims' kids were raised, and what kind of sims it makes out of them.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2017
    Bowling isn't a bad thing to do. But it was a terrible pack. It was like the EP and GP guys both said, "We don't want to waste our budget to add a bowling alley when we're doing Occult lifestates and Pets; hey SP, could you pick up the slack on this one?" And SP said, "Sure, I guess we could throw enough together to count as a Stuff Pack - hey, has anybody in the team ever actually gone bowling?"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.