Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SO WE WERE ACTUALLY CORRECT?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    When you say 'free to play' does that mean that it is free? ;)

It means micro-transactions feast ;)

I've succumbed to buying things for mobile games in the past. It's a cringey thought when you dawn on the memories.
    You can bet your bottom dollar I'm not repeating that should I ever bother with this game on my phone.

Just when I'm purging all the games that are irritating like that. It's not too bad when I know I'm getting a game like that. I figure if it says "in app transactions" I know what I'm getting but more and more of my games are trowing me into ads all the time and I'm getting sick of it. No more micro transactions for me.

And I haven't been around much lately....WTH happened to the forums? This new layout is awful.

I agree. Copiously.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    everything would be perfect with microtransactions for TSMobile if only TS4 would have been a great game for at least most part of the community
    then this franchise would be flourishing for mostly all fans

as it is meantime, many fans as myself are expelled from being a sims fan
    after 15 years of being a vivid sims fan i seem no longer to be it & it's not like i wouldn't have tried hard to find some way to play TS4 as a sims game

i am also in general not against any mobile game concept, microtransactions included
    if the game is one which delivers what a game ought to - fun for the player & the player is not frustrated by the prices the devs are asking, then there's nothing wrong with spending lots of real money with it - we did it with TS3's store too

the problem is TSMobile is a direct port of TS4 which includes most of the animations & interactions & has even more options which people begged for years now being included into TS4 & it still didn't get them
    it seems as EA really LOVES TO slap their customers in the face, again & again - really well done EA, i was never one who bashed EA until TS4 because this franchise delivered simming fun at its best & that was what i blindly expected from TS4 too

i am now just curious if EA is actually interested to see this franchise still growing
    or if they are just satisfied with making money by reducing it to mainly a handfull of apps & maybe some other lucklustre port for PC

& to say it clearly
    i am spending quite a lot of money with other games now, microtransactions included
    all that money i would have probably spent with this franchise if TS4 would have been a great sims game for me to play
    i am surely not making it as revenge, but as a result it surely is, EA's way to handle this franchise is solely the big reason for that
    i was totally ready to spend a fortune with The Sims for PC, but apparently i am not being included in EA's view of a sims fan,
    so really well done EA :joy:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    i am now just curious if EA is actually interested to see this franchise still growing
    or if they are just satisfied with making money by reducing it to mainly a handfull of apps & maybe some other lucklustre port for PC

You actually have to ask that? EA has repeatedly shown they don't care about their franchise UNLESS it's making money. That's ALL they care about. They don't care about a customer's happiness, and they certainly don't care when a customer is unhappy. If they did care, they wouldn't have an Admin on their staff coming in here telling us that "it's [THEIR] forums and they'll do with it what they want, when they want," regardless of how we, the customer feels about it. Which sums up their attitude in general about how their company is run.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

You actually have to ask that? EA has repeatedly shown they don't care about their franchise UNLESS it's making money. That's ALL they care about. They don't care about a customer's happiness, and they certainly don't care when a customer is unhappy. If they did care, they wouldn't have an Admin on their staff coming in here telling us that "it's [THEIR] forums and they'll do with it what they want, when they want," regardless of how we, the customer feels about it. Which sums up their attitude in general about how their company is run.
    Is it different in any other business? Here in Denmark a company just announced that they will close 70 retail stores because they don't give profit.

People seem to think that making games is or should be different because games are cheap and only for fun. But making games is actually big business. You only need to take a look at http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1025604 to realize that.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2017
    the problem is TSMobile is a direct port of TS4 which includes most of the animations & interactions & has even more options which people begged for years now being included into TS4 & it still didn't get them

Wow! Another person trolling about Sims Mobile by posting lies that it's a direct port of TS4. Even after @SimGuruDrake has popped up several times on the forums and everywhere else saying that none of these lies are true. You guys never quit, do you?

Good thing there's this thread that everyone can read where they can learn the truth: CLEARING UP TROLLING ABOUT SIMS MOBILE

Whoops!

BTW, here's gameplay footage of Sims Mobile. Boy, it sure looks like a fully ported version of TS4, doesn't it? Because as we all know, TS4 is all about sims with lollipop heads, unlocking content and gameplay, and clicking on checkmarks to compete actions, level up and earn coins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cylfuPwy3BM

gX9RoFM.gif

Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Hmm to me it looks like a mix of Sims 4 and Sims free to play with voices from Sims 3 I think.

Making a phone game is much cheaper they can make the money faster that's why you see a lot of top titles as phone games.

However as I hate to admit it looks like a upgrade from Sims 4 it has more game play in it.
    (And that's sad I do like the Sims 4 and Sims 3)

And it looks like they are attracting some people who do like this phone game.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top