Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SO WE WERE ACTUALLY CORRECT?

Comments

• Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    So they WERE working on a mobile game all this time? No wonder all those limited-time events and all these 'real-time' stuff. Wow xD

Keep in mind these facts

- The Sims 4 -> EA Maxis -> The Sims Studio
    - The Sims FreePlay -> EA Mobile -> The FireMonkeys

- The Sims Mobile -> EA Mobile/Maxis -> ??? (Unknown studio)

Not sure about studio but on sims vip theres a mention of former gurus moving over to the mobile game. "SimGuruMegs has also confirmed that SimGuruRiley and SimGuruAzure (and others from the Sims 3 Expansion team) have moved over to the mobile game"

link: https://simsvip.com/2017/05/09/maxis-announces-sims-mobile/

I hope TS4's quality doesn't suffer because of that! It would feel really bad if TS4's talented simgurus go work on mobile... We thought TS3 vs TS4 was a divide, but most people can be against a mobile game I think!

It has suffered.

Sims 4 produces EPs at half the rate of previous titles. It'd been said before that much of the Salt Lake Team was moved to mobile projects. Fast forward and now we have mobile Sims 4, and at least one SimGuru confirming some of the Salt Lake staff worked on it.

This is just a loss, really. Effectively, we're being sold the same game twice, but it also means development of the one has slowed. I don't know in what reality splitting a game into two is a good idea.
    Gee it hasn't even come out and you already are complaining and you are seriously comparing it to a PC game? Plus I don't see where TS4 suffered proof would be nice on that one.

Oh it's not fair to compare the mobile game to the PC title 90% of it is ripped from? Like seriously the mobile game reuses content, animations, interactions, for Pete's sake they even ported over the CAS and Build mode features. At what point is comparison appropriate to you?

The Sims 4 has suffered. We now only get EP's once a year, this year marks the first time EVER that two GP's have been released in a single year, there's no improvements to any of the games tools, let alone any new tools added. I mean look at CL, you want to tell me something isn't wrong when they can put out a $40 pack that adds some backdrops, clothing/hair, furniture, and a couple gameplay objects?
    You can't compare a PC game to a mobile game though I see the similarities I don't see them calling it The Sims 4 mobile in the title. You are just trying to find something to say TS4 is suffering because you are bored with it and they told us they aren't following any patterns from past games.

]Gee it hasn't even come out and you already are complaining and you are seriously comparing it to a PC game? Plus I don't see where TS4 suffered proof would be nice on that one.

It can be compared to the PC game because when you watch the trailer a lot of the animations are the exact same animations from the Sims 4. A lot of the gameplay is sims 4 gameplay. It would be a massive oversight not to see that Sims Mobile is not at least based off the Sims 4.

For me personally, I wouldn't object to this at all if Sims Mobile was just base game content (with toddlers, and pools and basements added), but it's not. It is a free app which appears to include major gameplay features from expansion packs and game packs that we have had to pay up to £30 each for. Not only that but it includes additional features such as a Fashion career, improved family tree, improved interactions (confess affair, discuss relationship) and family photos, features which PC players have been continually requesting, only to see them developed for a mobile app instead.

The sims 4 suffering as a result of the development of Sims mobile is perhaps a bit more debatable. It has been confirmed by Sims Gurus that some of the sims 4 expansion pack team was moved over to sims mobile, along with people who worked on the Sims 3 expansion teams,in addition to new hires. As we do not work for EA ourselves we can only speculate as to whether the sims gurus simply took on a kind of creative consultant role, or whether they actually developed the game as well but one thing is certain, that staff members who could have aided the development of Sims 4 have been shifted to Sims mobile. There are also a lot of similarities between Sims Mobile and Sims Olympus, which people have speculated led to time constraints in developing Sims 4 - which in turn led to things like toddlers and pools being left out at launch.

Now, I don't know 100% if Sims Mobile has separate budget to Sims 4, they seem to be developed in different locations, but if there is a "pot" for funding sims projects by EA it could also be argued that potentially capital invested in Sims Mobile could have been used for Sims 4 (in reality it likely made more business sense to invest in both, in terms of return on investment).

I personally really enjoy Sims 4. However it seems that important bugs take a while to be fixed, and I'm not a fan of the large amount of stuff packs we have compared to previous iterations, and the lack of expansion packs (although I quite like the game packs). I also don't like the idea that I have had to pay a lot for features that sims mobile will get for free.
    Mobile games and PC games can't be compared because PC games can do way more then a mobile game and though I see the similarities in the game they aren't the same so no you certainly can not compare the 2. Do you have any proof that because you think we should have more EP by now that its because of the mobile game. I seem to remember them saying that they weren't following any patterns from past sims games so what you think should be happening isn't because we are getting GP to. So like I said show me proof the game is suffering because I think its because most of the people who had to have toddlers are just getting bored with the game and have to complain they think its suffering.

Well obviously they aren't the same, but it's not like I'm trying to compare Angry birds with the Sims 4. There are animations, gameplay features, hairstyles , clothing items, build tools which are directly ported from Sims 4 and adjusted to work for a mobile gaming engine. There is empirical evidence of this in the trailer. Additionally it has been confirmed by Sims gurus that a couple of staff members have been transferred from Sims 4 and 3 teams to the Sims mobile. Clearly some expertise was shared. There is also empirical evidence of this over twitter. Also this game is literally titled as a Sims game. Being part of the Sims franchise automatically allows for it to be compared with any Sims game.

Even if you ignore the empirical evidence, your logic on what defines two objects that can acceptably be compared is false.

The definition of compare is:
    estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.

No where in that does it say the two objects have to be the same. By your logic I should not be able to compare the costs and benefits of biking to work vs. taking the train because are both engineered differently. Another analogy would be that your logic suggests I cannot compare a Porsche 911 or a Porsche Cayenne from a consumers perspective. You absolutely can otherwise how would you form the cost - benefit analysis to make the purchasing decision?

With regards to your second point, the reason not to follow previous patterns would have been a strategic one, as EA is a business. From a business perspective , releasing Sims mobile alongside 4 and free play makes perfect sense because in terms of risk management it is poor strategy to sink all your investments into a singular asset. It is likely that Sims mobile was in development for a while, so while the teams may work separately, due to existing under the same franchise , under a games giant EA it is likely that the strategies with respect to each game (Sims 4 , Sims mobile) would have had to align with each other.

Where I agree with you is that a lot of the "Sims 4 is suffering as a result" arguments are purely speculative, including mine, don't get me wrong, perhaps I didn't express it clearly enough. Threads about Sims Olympus (which looks a lot by this game) , suggest that originally development of that was a priority , hence when they shifted to Sims 4 some features which had already been announced as a part of the base game (namely toddlers) were missing from the game at launch. This is where some of the feelings about the game suffering may have come from. I'm not sure if these posts will be archived as some have gone since the update, but other websites have covered Olympus as well.

So, is the conclusion that Sims 4 is suffering melodramatic? Possibly. But in terms of business strategy and organisational structure is almost impossible that the strategic approach to the Sims mobile would not have affected and have been affected by that of the Sims 4 or even three.
    So say that the mobile game coming out soon had a part in TS4 being neglected or suffering hypothetically so did Freeplay do the same for TS3? Thanks for your detailed description it was appreciated. :)

No problem :) I'm going to have to be annoying in my initial answer to this and say that I'm not sure, just because I completely skipped the Sims 3 and actually had no idea it was even out until 4 was launched ! But theoretically, the strategy of one would have had an effect on the strategy of the other. Again the degree to which the development process may have suffered could be debatable. Without knowing too much about Sims 3 however, it is clear when you follow the timeline of Sims Olympus that somewhere along the line, there was a snap decision to focus on the Sims 4 , which led to complications in terms of resource allocation (such as deadline issues). This probably caused the omission of features in the base game that were initially confirmed to be a part of it. To my knowledge there were not similar issues with the development of Sims 3, so if anything perhaps the Sims3 could be used as an example of how to do the multi- product approach right. But honestly I feel like it's not the best answer I could give, because of my limited Sims 3 knowledge!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    So they WERE working on a mobile game all this time? No wonder all those limited-time events and all these 'real-time' stuff. Wow xD

Keep in mind these facts

- The Sims 4 -> EA Maxis -> The Sims Studio
    - The Sims FreePlay -> EA Mobile -> The FireMonkeys

- The Sims Mobile -> EA Mobile/Maxis -> ??? (Unknown studio)

Not sure about studio but on sims vip theres a mention of former gurus moving over to the mobile game. "SimGuruMegs has also confirmed that SimGuruRiley and SimGuruAzure (and others from the Sims 3 Expansion team) have moved over to the mobile game"

link: https://simsvip.com/2017/05/09/maxis-announces-sims-mobile/

I hope TS4's quality doesn't suffer because of that! It would feel really bad if TS4's talented simgurus go work on mobile... We thought TS3 vs TS4 was a divide, but most people can be against a mobile game I think!

It has suffered.

Sims 4 produces EPs at half the rate of previous titles. It'd been said before that much of the Salt Lake Team was moved to mobile projects. Fast forward and now we have mobile Sims 4, and at least one SimGuru confirming some of the Salt Lake staff worked on it.

This is just a loss, really. Effectively, we're being sold the same game twice, but it also means development of the one has slowed. I don't know in what reality splitting a game into two is a good idea.
    Gee it hasn't even come out and you already are complaining and you are seriously comparing it to a PC game? Plus I don't see where TS4 suffered proof would be nice on that one.

Oh it's not fair to compare the mobile game to the PC title 90% of it is ripped from? Like seriously the mobile game reuses content, animations, interactions, for Pete's sake they even ported over the CAS and Build mode features. At what point is comparison appropriate to you?

The Sims 4 has suffered. We now only get EP's once a year, this year marks the first time EVER that two GP's have been released in a single year, there's no improvements to any of the games tools, let alone any new tools added. I mean look at CL, you want to tell me something isn't wrong when they can put out a $40 pack that adds some backdrops, clothing/hair, furniture, and a couple gameplay objects?
    You can't compare a PC game to a mobile game though I see the similarities I don't see them calling it The Sims 4 mobile in the title. You are just trying to find something to say TS4 is suffering because you are bored with it and they told us they aren't following any patterns from past games.

]Gee it hasn't even come out and you already are complaining and you are seriously comparing it to a PC game? Plus I don't see where TS4 suffered proof would be nice on that one.

It can be compared to the PC game because when you watch the trailer a lot of the animations are the exact same animations from the Sims 4. A lot of the gameplay is sims 4 gameplay. It would be a massive oversight not to see that Sims Mobile is not at least based off the Sims 4.

For me personally, I wouldn't object to this at all if Sims Mobile was just base game content (with toddlers, and pools and basements added), but it's not. It is a free app which appears to include major gameplay features from expansion packs and game packs that we have had to pay up to £30 each for. Not only that but it includes additional features such as a Fashion career, improved family tree, improved interactions (confess affair, discuss relationship) and family photos, features which PC players have been continually requesting, only to see them developed for a mobile app instead.

The sims 4 suffering as a result of the development of Sims mobile is perhaps a bit more debatable. It has been confirmed by Sims Gurus that some of the sims 4 expansion pack team was moved over to sims mobile, along with people who worked on the Sims 3 expansion teams,in addition to new hires. As we do not work for EA ourselves we can only speculate as to whether the sims gurus simply took on a kind of creative consultant role, or whether they actually developed the game as well but one thing is certain, that staff members who could have aided the development of Sims 4 have been shifted to Sims mobile. There are also a lot of similarities between Sims Mobile and Sims Olympus, which people have speculated led to time constraints in developing Sims 4 - which in turn led to things like toddlers and pools being left out at launch.

Now, I don't know 100% if Sims Mobile has separate budget to Sims 4, they seem to be developed in different locations, but if there is a "pot" for funding sims projects by EA it could also be argued that potentially capital invested in Sims Mobile could have been used for Sims 4 (in reality it likely made more business sense to invest in both, in terms of return on investment).

I personally really enjoy Sims 4. However it seems that important bugs take a while to be fixed, and I'm not a fan of the large amount of stuff packs we have compared to previous iterations, and the lack of expansion packs (although I quite like the game packs). I also don't like the idea that I have had to pay a lot for features that sims mobile will get for free.
    Mobile games and PC games can't be compared because PC games can do way more then a mobile game and though I see the similarities in the game they aren't the same so no you certainly can not compare the 2. Do you have any proof that because you think we should have more EP by now that its because of the mobile game. I seem to remember them saying that they weren't following any patterns from past sims games so what you think should be happening isn't because we are getting GP to. So like I said show me proof the game is suffering because I think its because most of the people who had to have toddlers are just getting bored with the game and have to complain they think its suffering.

Well obviously they aren't the same, but it's not like I'm trying to compare Angry birds with the Sims 4. There are animations, gameplay features, hairstyles , clothing items, build tools which are directly ported from Sims 4 and adjusted to work for a mobile gaming engine. There is empirical evidence of this in the trailer. Additionally it has been confirmed by Sims gurus that a couple of staff members have been transferred from Sims 4 and 3 teams to the Sims mobile. Clearly some expertise was shared. There is also empirical evidence of this over twitter. Also this game is literally titled as a Sims game. Being part of the Sims franchise automatically allows for it to be compared with any Sims game.

Even if you ignore the empirical evidence, your logic on what defines two objects that can acceptably be compared is false.

The definition of compare is:
    estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.

No where in that does it say the two objects have to be the same. By your logic I should not be able to compare the costs and benefits of biking to work vs. taking the train because are both engineered differently. Another analogy would be that your logic suggests I cannot compare a Porsche 911 or a Porsche Cayenne from a consumers perspective. You absolutely can otherwise how would you form the cost - benefit analysis to make the purchasing decision?

With regards to your second point, the reason not to follow previous patterns would have been a strategic one, as EA is a business. From a business perspective , releasing Sims mobile alongside 4 and free play makes perfect sense because in terms of risk management it is poor strategy to sink all your investments into a singular asset. It is likely that Sims mobile was in development for a while, so while the teams may work separately, due to existing under the same franchise , under a games giant EA it is likely that the strategies with respect to each game (Sims 4 , Sims mobile) would have had to align with each other.

Where I agree with you is that a lot of the "Sims 4 is suffering as a result" arguments are purely speculative, including mine, don't get me wrong, perhaps I didn't express it clearly enough. Threads about Sims Olympus (which looks a lot by this game) , suggest that originally development of that was a priority , hence when they shifted to Sims 4 some features which had already been announced as a part of the base game (namely toddlers) were missing from the game at launch. This is where some of the feelings about the game suffering may have come from. I'm not sure if these posts will be archived as some have gone since the update, but other websites have covered Olympus as well.

So, is the conclusion that Sims 4 is suffering melodramatic? Possibly. But in terms of business strategy and organisational structure is almost impossible that the strategic approach to the Sims mobile would not have affected and have been affected by that of the Sims 4 or even three.
    So say that the mobile game coming out soon had a part in TS4 being neglected or suffering hypothetically so did Freeplay do the same for TS3? Thanks for your detailed description it was appreciated. :)

No problem :) I'm going to have to be annoying in my initial answer to this and say that I'm not sure, just because I completely skipped the Sims 3 and actually had no idea it was even out until 4 was launched ! But theoretically, the strategy of one would have had an effect on the strategy of the other. Again the degree to which the development process may have suffered could be debatable. Without knowing too much about Sims 3 however, it is clear when you follow the timeline of Sims Olympus that somewhere along the line, there was a snap decision to focus on the Sims 4 , which led to complications in terms of resource allocation (such as deadline issues). This probably caused the omission of features in the base game that were initially confirmed to be a part of it. To my knowledge there were not similar issues with the development of Sims 3, so if anything perhaps the Sims3 could be used as an example of how to do the multi- product approach right. But honestly I feel like it's not the best answer I could give, because of my limited Sims 3 knowledge!

Theres that, and that TS3 mobile and Sims Freeplay aren't made by Maxis nor do they share anything with the PC game.

TS4 suffered early on because of the switch from online to offline, but my guess as to why it has continues to be lackluster is to make it easier to convert content to this mobile game thats been in the works for a few years now.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I don't usually come into this section but I'm going to quell some things:

1. The Sims Mobile has zero affect on what is going on with the PC product. They are separate teams within Maxis and one does not affect the other.
    2. The Sims 4 is still going strong and we have no plans to stop development anytime soon, I've stated this many times previously.
    3. You do not know the size of our teams or how many employees we have on either team so trying to spell out "doomsday" on a product that was stated as being in good standing by our CEO today doesn't seem like a good use of your time.

So #DontPanic and give our mobile family a chance to show you what they are capable of.

-From a thread in the Sims 4 Speculation forum.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't usually come into this section but I'm going to quell some things:

1. The Sims Mobile has zero affect on what is going on with the PC product. They are separate teams within Maxis and one does not affect the other.
    2. The Sims 4 is still going strong and we have no plans to stop development anytime soon, I've stated this many times previously.
    3. You do not know the size of our teams or how many employees we have on either team so trying to spell out "doomsday" on a product that was stated as being in good standing by our CEO today doesn't seem like a good use of your time.

So #DontPanic and give our mobile family a chance to show you what they are capable of.

-From a thread in the Sims 4 Speculation forum.

It got deleted? 1. If people leave one game to go to another that would affect something. Even if replaced with someone else. Not everyone is Elvis.

2. Yes, TS4 is in it's heyday right now. But not to repeat myself but I have heard that line three times now. TS1-TS3.

3. No, we don't know the size the size used to be in the credits giving credit to everyone who even got coffee, so that's true. 100's of names.
    Good to know the CEO says it's in good standing now can we add a second EP team? :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    It looks so similar to the sims 4 like I had to look again to see that it wasn't.

Don't insult The Sims 4 like that. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    OT but the outright deleting of threads today is getting out of hand. Own your criticism Maxis, don't delete it and pretend it doesn't exist.

I always miss everything when I hit the hay!
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I'm not impressed sorry.
    Just... why?
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm so angry with this, I just can't get over the fact they took TS4 and put it in a mobile game fOR FREE and not even release actual information about the PC one, just what is going on there?!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It's sims 4 with decreased graphics and BETTER family play released for free. I feel betrayed.

"Better family play"

You... you're joking, right?
    It's The Sims Freeplay, running with new models.

If your idea of family play is waiting 6 hours to have your Sim hug their child, then sure, it's better.

All this is, is the Sims get whims to do things that their ancestors did. Or maybe they unlock careers that we have unlocked from the start. Either way... big 🐸🐸🐸🐸 deal. That's not better, that's just taking everything we can already do, and making you wait longer before you're able to do it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    They're taking The Sims 4 and its DLC assets, reducing them for mobile support and claiming its a whole new game. -_-
    2-23.png

2-28.png
    This is terrible, and shows they're moving to a new platform. Boycott Maxis, EA, and The Sims!

What do you care?
    According to you, The Sims 4 never happened.

How does this affect your enjoyment of The Sims 2 and 3?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Pegasys wrote: »
    This argument just makes no sense, people haven't lost anything, in fact you now have the ability to play it along with everyone else. It reminds me of squabbling siblings: "How come HE gets that? It's not fair!"

I've already gotten my money's worth with Sims 4 even if I never play it another minute longer. Why should I care if they reuse the same animations, etc. for a mobile game? Does it suddenly suck out all the current fun out of the current game? No.

I suppose I can understand if the mobile version were one you preferred in the first place and you wouldn't have ever played the PC version. Personally, I am not interested in the mobile version.

The re-use of animations is not an issue in itself, it is the fact that features that we paid additional money for through expansion packs and game packs appear to be available in Sims mobile for free. It doesn't suck the fun out of the game, no one said that, but it is a little annoying to have paid a lot for these features for them to be free elsewhere, much less in a game which looks almost directly transposed from the pc game. That being said with the revealed cost of the micro - transactions and the real time play maybe "free" isn't the correct term.

Sims Mobile isn't getting features we paid for. That's such crap.

They're getting "wait 6 hours to play this yoga animation after you've levelled your Sim up to level 10, by sitting through weeks and weeks worth of waiting to complete animations and earn XP just so you can play the bloody game".

It's not the same thing. Not even close.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited May 2017
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    i think it's the end of this franchise as the players who played TS1-2-3 know it

this is not "just another mobile sims game"
    this will replace this franchise for PC
    The Sims center will move from PC to mobile, all the limitations of those devices included
    i even think it already did & PC players just didn't notice because it was not evident that they are developing yet another sims mobile game

but well,
    after a while they might port TSM to PC & sell it once again, so rejoice all :joy:

& cause all the TSM animations are taken straight from TS4 it makes TS4 just an irrelevant filler between TS3 & TSM - this is my opinion about what's going on now
    TS4 was never meant to be a fully fleshed out sims game - TSM explains it clearly why TS4 is so flat & fluff

if EA would have been interested in the development of a true in depth sims game, better than TS3 & TS2 together, then they would have done it, didn't they ?
    instead we've got TS4 & we wondered - why ? - TSM is the answer to that why
    TS4 is what it is because it was never meant to be a sims game just an intermittent filler until TSM launches

& i am fairly certain - there won't be any fully fleshed out TS5
    it's too hard to make & too expensive - that simple

but there might be yet another mobile "The Sims" app, who knows :joy:

Early TS4 development is still sort of a gray area. We do know that there were actually technically 2 TS4s. The Sims Online reboot and the main successor TS4 that both used the same assets/art style. Now of course the TSO reboot never made it out the door, but chances are that they turned it into what is now TSM.

No, we know that The Sims 4 was originally planned to be an online multiplayer game. The new mobile game is made up of content that was ported from TS4, but it does in my opinion give us a good look at what they intended TS4 to originally be.

You don't understand. It's been stated in the past by the person who released most of the Olympus screenshots that Olympus wasn't TS4 but that 2 teams were working side by side to create Olympus and the main TS3 successor (I can't remember the code name). These games would share assets but aren't the same.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    did anyone notice they brought the 'play with life' slogan back?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Pegasys wrote: »
    This argument just makes no sense, people haven't lost anything, in fact you now have the ability to play it along with everyone else. It reminds me of squabbling siblings: "How come HE gets that? It's not fair!"

I've already gotten my money's worth with Sims 4 even if I never play it another minute longer. Why should I care if they reuse the same animations, etc. for a mobile game? Does it suddenly suck out all the current fun out of the current game? No.

I suppose I can understand if the mobile version were one you preferred in the first place and you wouldn't have ever played the PC version. Personally, I am not interested in the mobile version.

The re-use of animations is not an issue in itself, it is the fact that features that we paid additional money for through expansion packs and game packs appear to be available in Sims mobile for free. It doesn't suck the fun out of the game, no one said that, but it is a little annoying to have paid a lot for these features for them to be free elsewhere, much less in a game which looks almost directly transposed from the pc game. That being said with the revealed cost of the micro - transactions and the real time play maybe "free" isn't the correct term.

Sims Mobile isn't getting features we paid for. That's such plum.

They're getting "wait 6 hours to play this yoga animation after you've levelled your Sim up to level 10, by sitting through weeks and weeks worth of waiting to complete animations and earn XP just so you can play the bloody game".

It's not the same thing. Not even close.

Yoga was an extra feature we paid for as part of Spa Day.

Yoga (with similar animations) is a feature which is attainable through no added cost (albeit more difficulty) in Sims Mobile, which is free.

Hence deductively yoga is a feature which was paid for in Sims 4 and free in Sims Mobile.

You could argue that the amount of time played negates the benefits (which is a subjective argument) , but it does not get rid of the core fact that you paid for this feature in Sims 4 whereas you don't have to pay for it in Sims Mobile, although some players may choose to take micro transactions in order to access this feature quicker.

I won't lie, the fact that it is real time and has a transaction system makes me feel less like I missed out. I am perfectly happy to have paid for certain features, that the developers put extra time and effort into to create to expand our gameplay. But your line of argument that it isn't getting features we paid for is at it's core, false. The debate about whether the time constraints make up for that is subjective.
  • Options
    i think it's the end of this franchise as the players who played TS1-2-3 know it

The Sims center will move from PC to mobile, all the limitations of those devices included
    i even think it already did & PC players just didn't notice because it was not evident that they are developing yet another sims mobile game

but well,
    after a while they might port TSM to PC & sell it once again, so rejoice all :joy:

& cause all the TSM animations are taken straight from TS4 it makes TS4 just an irrelevant filler between TS3 & TSM - this is my opinion about what's going on now
    TS4 was never meant to be a fully fleshed out sims game - TSM explains it clearly why TS4 is so flat & fluff

if EA would have been interested in the development of a true in depth sims game, better than TS3 & TS2 together, then they would have done it, didn't they ?
    TS4 is what it is because it was never meant to be a sims game just an intermittent filler until TSM launches

Early TS4 development is still sort of a gray area. We do know that there were actually technically 2 TS4s. The Sims Online reboot and the main successor TS4 that both used the same assets/art style. Now of course the TSO reboot never made it out the door, but chances are that they turned it into what is now TSM.

No, we know that The Sims 4 was originally planned to be an online multiplayer game. The new mobile game is made up of content that was ported from TS4, but it does in my opinion give us a good look at what they intended TS4 to originally be.

You don't understand. It's been stated in the past by the person who released most of the Olympus screenshots that Olympus wasn't TS4 but that 2 teams were working side by side to create Olympus and the main TS3 successor (I can't remember the code name). These games would share assets but aren't the same.

Oh I don't?? How about you copy + paste a link to enlighten me then?

I've never heard of that, but would love to see what you're talking about. No one associated with Olympus leaks has made any mention of a "Sims Online reboot" thats a fantasy that users here created to deny reality. PK said Maxis was prototyping two different online, multiplayer Sims games that were intended to become the new MMO Sims 4, not both, just one of them the other would be like all other prototypes, not turned into a full game. With SC not winning over fans, and a low quality game riddled with connectivity issues Maxis turned the online game into an offline game.

If there was a truly offline Sims game that wasn't originally intended to be online mmo then please explain what went wrong with 4? How did they all of a sudden become incapable of doing their job? Sims 4 was not, and continues to not be a revolutionary game. Nothing to it is new. And lastly, how did Olympus code get into Sims 4 if they werent the same?? Long story short TS4 + the online game are one and the same, one was turned into the other. End of story.

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/63437610043/more-corroboration-for-patrick-kelly-the-sims-4
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

but well,

I've never heard of that, but would love to see what you're talking about. No one associated with Olympus leaks has made any mention of a "Sims Online reboot" thats a fantasy that users here created to deny reality. PK said Maxis was prototyping two different online, multiplayer Sims games that were intended to become the new MMO Sims 4, not both, just one of them the other would be like all other prototypes, not turned into a full game. With SC not winning over fans, and a low quality game riddled with connectivity issues Maxis turned the online game into an offline game.

If there was a truly offline Sims game that wasn't originally intended to be online mmo then please explain what went wrong with 4? How did they all of a sudden become incapable of doing their job? Sims 4 was not, and continues to not be a revolutionary game. Nothing to it is new. And lastly, how did Olympus code get into Sims 4 if they werent the same?? Long story short TS4 + the online game are one and the same, one was turned into the other. End of story.

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/63437610043/more-corroboration-for-patrick-kelly-the-sims-4
    The PC version of The Sims has never been online so why would you think that Olympus would be TS4? OK I correct my self one was but it specifically says The Sims Online. Plus why are you complaining again about the game do you hate it that much. I still don't believe the game is suffering just because you might think we should have more EP we have GP's for the first time.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

but well,

The PC version of The Sims has never been online so why would you think that Olympus would be TS4? OK I correct my self one was but it specifically says The Sims Online. Plus why are you complaining again about the game do you hate it that much. I still don't believe the game is suffering just because you might think we should have more EP we have GP's for the first time.

Where? In the link I provided? That link is about Olympus and how EA turned it into Sims 4.

I paid good money for the game. I've paid good money for some of the DLC; why would I not make my case known? If I didn't want a good game I wouldnt be here, telling those who want more out of the game to stop complaining is counterproductive and lazy. If you don't agree with my view of Sims 4 or this new mobile cash grab then you don't need to respond to my posts.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

but well,

Where? In the link I provided? That link is about Olympus and how EA turned it into Sims 4.

I paid good money for the game. I've paid good money for some of the DLC; why would I not make my case known? If I didn't want a good game I wouldnt be here, telling those who want more out of the game to stop complaining is counterproductive and lazy. If you don't agree with my view of Sims 4 or this new mobile cash grab then you don't need to respond to my posts.

So only those who agree with you should respond? ;)
  • Options

but well,

Not so much. If you want to disagree with my opinion thats fine, but questioning why I am here making my case, and suggesting I should not be doesn't agree or disagree. Thats just a petty jab aimed at the individual.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

but well,

Not so much. If you want to disagree with my opinion thats fine, but questioning why I am here making my case, and suggesting I should not be doesn't agree or disagree. Thats just a petty jab aimed at the individual.

Ok. Understood. :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

but well,

That wasn't anything it was my own opinion so don't read into things that aren't there.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2017
    Imho it does not matter to me where this game was spun off being I am not even going to waste my tablet space. Originally I was liking it until I saw what it was all about and now like Freeplay it will never be DL'ed to any of my tablets. Also, I am not liking this new forum format
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm just glad I'm not the only one that's salty. Based on the screen shots, most of the stuff in sims mobile is stuff from SPs, GPS, and EPs that we, PC players, had to pay huge money for. Also the bit about families and generational play sounds more in depth than SIms 4.

Maxis needs to get their priorities straight.

That is how i see it too!
    And i feel soooo betrayed about the family legacy thing :/:s
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    It's sims 4 with decreased graphics and BETTER family play released for free. I feel betrayed.

Maybe in the update for this GP.

There's a family picture with toddlers on the wall in one of the screenshots. Can we take a family picture in sims 4? No! And photography was a feature of GT.

Maybe in the GP.

I serously hope so because this is my only hope because i feel so betrayed
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    When you say 'free to play' does that mean that it is free? ;)

@divine_simmer Suuurrre it's "free to play", but you're not going to have too much fun playing it without spending some $$$ :D

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top