Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Struggling to forgive this game

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    It is not so much the game that needs forgiving, but the choices that lead to concerns such as mentioned in this thread :(

yeah that is exactly how i feel. like apparently its just a mater of they made a game we did not like. and we supposed to just accept it.

Well, what is the alternative? Impotently ranting every day for years on end about the same thing? Something disappointed you. That's life. It isn't and wasn't personal. What I do is move on to things that I do enjoy. I couldn't imagine spending time on the Bethesda forums talking about games I don't like. That's poison for the soul.

well how else will they learn from their mistakes lol.

Not from random dudes on the internet. I hate to break it to you, but the game sold well. It continues to sell well. That's the bottom line, and what really matters. The devs aren't going to have you sit in on their decision making, and the publishers aren't going to let you in on their business meetings. People, especially on these forums, tend to overvalue their "feedback". That's a tough pill for many to swallow, but it is the truth.

It is what it is.

And yet, we got toddlers for free.
    Please sit down.

That really doesn't demonstrate anything. And I think you'll find that I am quite immune to your bullying tactics. I'll stand, thank you.
  • Options
    so do you think if we did not complain about tolders for 2 years they would have still added them.

Yup. They even said as much.

Quote for that please? Because I remember being completely and utterly left in the dark when it came to toddlers until one day they were suddenly patched in.

I'm not going to dig it out. You can search Graham and Ninja's histories if you are so interested.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    It is not so much the game that needs forgiving, but the choices that lead to concerns such as mentioned in this thread :(

yeah that is exactly how i feel. like apparently its just a mater of they made a game we did not like. and we supposed to just accept it.

Well, what is the alternative? Impotently ranting every day for years on end about the same thing? Something disappointed you. That's life. It isn't and wasn't personal. What I do is move on to things that I do enjoy. I couldn't imagine spending time on the Bethesda forums talking about games I don't like. That's poison for the soul.

Not from random dudes on the internet. I hate to break it to you, but the game sold well. It continues to sell well. That's the bottom line, and what really matters. The devs aren't going to have you sit in on their decision making, and the publishers aren't going to let you in on their business meetings. People, especially on these forums, tend to overvalue their "feedback". That's a tough pill for many to swallow, but it is the truth.

It is what it is.

Please sit down.

apparently they were working tolders on despisite us asking for them and being a big feature we wanted from the start apparently it was the plan to add tolders 2 years later us asking for it for 2 years had nothing to do it with....yeah okay.
  • Options

It is what it is.

Please sit down.

apparently they were working tolders on despisite us asking for them and being a big feature we wanted from the start apparently it was the plan to add tolders 2 years later us asking for it for 2 years had nothing to do it with....yeah okay.

Yes, and they said they weren't able to talk about it for various legal reasons. Not sure that it is conspiracy theory fodder.
  • Options
    so do you think if we did not complain about tolders for 2 years they would have still added them.

right and you believe them. honestly i take anything they say with a grain of salt considering what they have said before about things in the past.

Yes, I believe them. Graham and Ninja in particular have been nothing but straight shooters. I have no reason to doubt them in their assertions about toddlers.

well okay i am sure they are nice people but i also think they ofcoruse would say tolders were part of the plan to be added 2 years later like i personally do not pay much attention to what they say cuz i do not think they know whats best for the game overall. devs have defended generations from the sims 3 by saying throwing eggs alone is worth 40$...
  • Options

right and you believe them. honestly i take anything they say with a grain of salt considering what they have said before about things in the past.

Yes, I believe them. Graham and Ninja in particular have been nothing but straight shooters. I have no reason to doubt them in their assertions about toddlers.

well okay i am sure they are nice people but i also think they ofcoruse would say tolders were part of the plan to be added 2 years later like i personally do not pay much attention to what they say cuz i do not think they know whats best for the game overall. devs have defended generations from the sims 3 by saying throwing eggs alone is worth 40$...

I don't know if they're nice or not. I don't know them at all. But they have been honest about The Sims 4. That's enough for me.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

It is what it is.

Please sit down.

Yeah, "apparently". :OoO
  • Options

It is what it is.

Please sit down.

they just could not tell us because of legal reasons.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

In another thread, referencing the teaser for the upcoming family game pack, you said "i am glad there is that and i really hope it means next week they will annoucne the game pack :)" There is not one game that could be made which will make every single person happy. At the end of the day, they are looking at their bottom line. If people stop buying expansion/game/stuff packs, then that means the game isn't doing well and they will stop investing time and money into further game development. The only real influence you have on the game is with your wallet. People can complain in the forums all they want but if people keep buying packs, then those complaints will carry extremely little weight.
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »

In another thread, referencing the teaser for the upcoming family game pack, you said "i am glad there is that and i really hope it means next week they will annoucne the game pack :)" There is not one game that could be made which will make every single person happy. At the end of the day, they are looking at their bottom line. If people stop buying expansion/game/stuff packs, then that means the game isn't doing well and they will stop investing time and money into further game development. The only real influence you have on the game is with your wallet. People can complain in the forums all they want but if people keep buying packs, then those complaints will carry extremely little weight.

Good luck man. I'll take this opportunity to tag out.
  • Options

I don't know if they're nice or not. I don't know them at all. But they have been honest about The Sims 4. That's enough for me.

that still does not mean they make good choices or know whats best for the game overall. just because they are honest. okay fine it adding tolders was part of the plan to be added 2 years later okay but i think that was not a good choice on their part and they should been added eariler./at the start.
  • Options

It is what it is.

Please sit down.

Oh I see.
    Well, thank you for clearing that up!
    I had it all wrong I guess.
    ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
  • Options

It is what it is.

Please sit down.

Oh I see.
    Well, thank you for clearing that up!
    I had it all wrong I guess.
    ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

lol i am honestly sure if i am being sarcastic or not cuz i am being told the devs have always been honest to us about the sims 4.
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »

well thats one way of putting it also apparently they imply if the sims 4 is not a success then i guess it means people do not have an interest in the game anymore and therefore we will no longer work on anything sims related. i get what you are trying to say i really do. its simple mater of do not buy the game in order to show them how much you think a disapontment and hopefully they will do better next time.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member

Quote for that please? Because I remember being completely and utterly left in the dark when it came to toddlers until one day they were suddenly patched in.

I'm not going to dig it out. You can search Graham and Ninja's histories if you are so interested.

Or you can stop throwing out statements if you're not willing to provide evidence to back them up?
  • Options

Or you can stop throwing out statements if you're not willing to provide evidence to back them up?

Or, you can look it up if you are interested. I'm not here to do your homework for you.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    > @OEII1001 said:
    > meeoun wrote: »
    >
    >
    > That really doesn't demonstrate anything. And I think you'll find that I am quite immune to your bullying tactics. I'll stand, thank you.

Not being funny or anything but I have never seen Meeoun ever bully anyone.

Your behaviour in one of my threads once was something else though...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    > @OEII1001 said:
    >
    >
    > That really doesn't demonstrate anything. And I think you'll find that I am quite immune to your bullying tactics. I'll stand, thank you.

Telling someone to "sit down" is bullying plain and simple. And yes, I know just how much you hate me. I am comfortable with it.
  • Options
    > @OEII1001 said:
    >
    >

Telling someone to "sit down" is bullying plain and simple. And yes, I know just how much you hate me. I am comfortable with it.

I said "please sit down".
    I just suggested it because I was concerned that you might faint with that fact I laid out for you.
  • Options
    > @OEII1001 said:
    >
    >

I just suggested it because I was concerned that you might faint with that fact I laid out for you.

You're a funny kid.
  • Options
    > @OEII1001 said:
    >
    >

You're a funny kid.

<3
    Awe shucks.
    Come on. Let's be friends. :)
    Let's not derail this post any longer. :(
    Forgive me OP.
  • Options
    > @OEII1001 said:
    >
    >

You're a funny kid.

<3
    Awe shucks.
    Forgive me OP.

We will never be friends. I don't take friends on the internet, particularly the the more unpleasant sort. I am going to have to engage the ignore feature though. Nothing personal, just wasted too much time with you today. Have a great life.
  • Options

I have spare time and remembered the interview it was in:
    We always knew we were going to add Toddlers to The Sims 4 at some point, we just weren’t sure when.
    - Sarah Holding @SimGuruSarah

http://beyondsims.com/58245/ts4-toddlers-interview/

It did take a few minutes of changing search terms over and over to track that down. Sometimes it's worth believing people even if they aren't going to do the homework of looking it up. Finding very specific Sims-related stuff on popular topics can be time-consuming.
    Thank you finding that.
    I always knew they were going to add toddlers at some point. The question is, were they gonna add them for free? Probably not.
    Different topic though. :^)
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    > @OEII1001 said:
    >
    >

You're a funny kid.

<3
    Awe shucks.
    Forgive me OP.

We will never be friends. I don't take friends on the internet, particularly the the more unpleasant sort. I am going to have to engage the ignore feature though. Nothing personal, just wasted too much time with you today. Have a great life.

Very... harsh. Even though you may not agree with someone doesn't mean they don't deserve general respect. I have gotten into quite a few forum fights, but I still treat those people with general respect.