Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Struggling to forgive this game

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    You sound like someone who complains a lot and is rarely happy, so you should just stick to S3 and go into those forums and complain so that those of us who like S4 don't have to put up with your complaining. Happy simming.

I complain about TS4 and even TS3's faults so I guess this means you're stuck with me. :grimace:

I complain and make suggestions too, but I still play S4. I don't complain about things I'm not doing or dealing with.

I still play as well, however, actively playing isn't a requirement for providing feedback. Most who do either own the game and are dissatisfied or are dissatisfied and never purchased the game. Without their feedback, and a discussion ongoing amongst the community, EA would never be able to find out how their fan base feels about their product.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    You sound like someone who complains a lot and is rarely happy, so you should just stick to S3 and go into those forums and complain so that those of us who like S4 don't have to put up with your complaining. Happy simming.

I complain about TS4 and even TS3's faults so I guess this means you're stuck with me. :grimace:

I complain and make suggestions too, but I still play S4. I don't complain about things I'm not doing or dealing with.

Sometimes the truth is not sweetness and light. If you love it, then goodies to you, but many of us don't and want to state the reasons why. We are in the hope EA might listen and not make the same mistakes if there is to be a sims5. So if you don't like what we have to say, tough cookies.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,659 Member
    I have to say that I came from playing Sims2 (my very first real gaming experience) into Sims3. I was mightily disappointed by that game. Yes, there were some perks, but I don't like losing the Sims as they were for said 'perks'. It wasn't enough for me. When it was announced that Sims4 would be a single-player game, after all, I decided to give it a looksie. I began to read the discussion threads about it, to see what it would have. I have to admit the advanced CAS really had me intrigued. I pre-ordered and prepaid, in full, for Sims4. Then it was announced toddlers wouldn't be in the base game. I struggled all weekend long, just days prior to the release. I finally decided it was unfair of me to judge a game without knowing its contents. So, I went ahead and picked up my disk copy of the game the day of release. I told myself, I would see what it had to offer. But, it had to wow me, else I wouldn't spend another penny on it. What struck me was how lively the Sims, themselves, were. How they interacted without me having to direct it. They even talked at the dinner table — something I sorely missed from Sims2. Yes, the base game was more lacking than 2 & 3, but I reminded myself starting all over from scratch it would be like that. Empty to some extent. I also missed the toddlers more than I can say, but I kept in my mind the wording used as to why they were left out. I never lost hope they would be returned. I have not been disappointed. But, if your first experience with the Sims Franchise was Sims3, I can well understand your initial disappointment. I found myself playing Sims3 part way through the summer while awaiting Sims4. However, I also recalled the mention of loading screens. Happily, in my impatience, I purchased the holiday pack for Sims2 online. Something I was afraid to do until now. That made me eligible to have the Sims2:Ultimate Collection as a free download. Phew! My little grandson, who was only months old at the time, got his hands on my base game disk and thrashed it! I spent the remainder of that summer playing Sims2 again, and enjoying the Sims, themselves. And, getting used to loading screens again.

I do hope you get back into Sims4. The toddlers, alone, are worth the risk. I'm playing Sims4 so much more often than I did in the beginning. Still not quite everyday, as I did both 2 & 3, but much more often and for longer periods of time. Best of luck to you. I hope you find your second experience more rewarding. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    It can be fun to explore things, to give them a chance. When I tried giving TS3 a chance I don't think I put my heart fully into it. My experiment was okay, but but haven't looked back because TS4 is keeping me busy and my general feeling about TS3 remains on indifferent/dislike side. I find that with sims games the more you're into it, the more you invest (time, money, creativity) in it and the more you get out of it. I hope OP will either find themself enjoying TS4 or find a new way to enjoy TS3 :smile:
  • Options
    SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member

I still play as well, however, actively playing isn't a requirement for providing feedback. Most who do either own the game and are dissatisfied or are dissatisfied and never purchased the game. Without their feedback, and a discussion ongoing amongst the community, EA would never be able to find out how their fan base feels about their product.

feedback is important I agree but there's quite a difference between useful feedback and constant whining about color wheels and open world when they've already said that these things limit the game and won't ever be included in it.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    meeoun wrote: »
    I have the track record here of being the Queen of Complaints for TS4. Now I'm entertained by it. Toddlers and CL helped me.

Like you, well maybe a bit more (lol), I was furious at the lack of open world. I was super angry face. The game felt so claustrophobic to me. The old world map was depressing for me too. But I'm noticing now, at least with CL they're making the accessible districts a bit bigger and giving the player a bit more to do in these districts. Like play basketball, eat, perform, etc. The thing that plum still is that you can't customize these districts. But yeah, at least for me, I'm seeing an improvement with each EP. The colored world map is not great, but its not as depressing at what we had before at launch. Honestly the worlds are still kinda sad, in comparison to the open world we had before can't sugar coat it, but it's manageable at least to me now when I play in CL. Still wishing for cars though.

As far as the lack of color wheel, I feel your pain. But I really don't notice it honestly. Well, I wish we had it for the beds. The comforter blanket colors are limited and it plum making stuff match. But it's manageable for me.

Anyway, the toddlers are cute and really well made. It makes families seem a bit more invested now. So if you're a family type player you'll be happy with that addition. Babies and teens are still lame though. I don't have vampires, but I see a lot of people with them post how they enjoy them.

But yeah, the game has gotten a lot better. If your Mr. Moneybags buying all the stuff packs I guess helps. But there's still not a lot to do that's group oriented. I mean we got bowling, but who plays that? (Jk jk) lol. But seriously I wish we just had more to do as a group, you may wish that too if you play like me. Rest aside open world/color wheel, the biggest thing for me was making the experiences we have with our sims and their fostered relationships seem more meaningful. Making the lack of memory a crapppy part of TS4 too.

Hmm, honestly I would wait a couple months before diving back in. At least wait until they drop this Family GP and see how it goes.
    meeoun wrote: »
    I have the track record here of being the Queen of Complaints for TS4. Now I'm entertained by it. Toddlers and CL helped me.

Like you, well maybe a bit more (lol), I was furious at the lack of open world. I was super angry face. The game felt so claustrophobic to me. The old world map was depressing for me too. But I'm noticing now, at least with CL they're making the accessible districts a bit bigger and giving the player a bit more to do in these districts. Like play basketball, eat, perform, etc. The thing that plum still is that you can't customize these districts. But yeah, at least for me, I'm seeing an improvement with each EP. The colored world map is not great, but its not as depressing at what we had before at launch. Honestly the worlds are still kinda sad, in comparison to the open world we had before can't sugar coat it, but it's manageable at least to me now when I play in CL. Still wishing for cars though.

As far as the lack of color wheel, I feel your pain. But I really don't notice it honestly. Well, I wish we had it for the beds. The comforter blanket colors are limited and it plum making stuff match. But it's manageable for me.

Anyway, the toddlers are cute and really well made. It makes families seem a bit more invested now. So if you're a family type player you'll be happy with that addition. Babies and teens are still lame though. I don't have vampires, but I see a lot of people with them post how they enjoy them.

But yeah, the game has gotten a lot better. If your Mr. Moneybags buying all the stuff packs I guess helps. But there's still not a lot to do that's group oriented. I mean we got bowling, but who plays that? (Jk jk) lol. But seriously I wish we just had more to do as a group, you may wish that too if you play like me. Rest aside open world/color wheel, the biggest thing for me was making the experiences we have with our sims and their fostered relationships seem more meaningful. Making the lack of memory a crapppy part of TS4 too.

Hmm, honestly I would wait a couple months before diving back in. At least wait until they drop this Family GP and see how it goes.

hey i have a track record of being the king of complaints for the sims 4 :)

:D lol. "Keeping it real.." xD
    We're over here like:
    2rw2fj8.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is not so much the game that needs forgiving, but the choices that lead to concerns such as mentioned in this thread :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited May 2017
    i didnt touch the sims 4 for 2 years because i couldnt stand the lack of patterns etc but toddlers came in january and tyht peaked my intrest and i also learnt to recolour things with the sims 4 studio some on here have seen my disney recolours they are not perfect but yeah
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    @td998, folks have already covered what's new and what hasn't changed, I think. If you enjoy cc, there are creative folks coming out with some great cc. And if you do not object to mods and like story progression, Deaderpool's MC Command Center is great. It's (purposely) reminiscent of Twallan's mods for TS3. There is an ongoing thread here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    It is not so much the game that needs forgiving, but the choices that lead to concerns such as mentioned in this thread :(

When it comes to ts4, I've realized that forgiveness is never going to be an option.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Bagoas77 I am sorry that you feel that way :( Sadly I think that too much has happened for some players for them to ever settle on TS4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Having a great time with The Sims 4. Not sure that such a program is capable of expressing forgiveness, but best of luck to you all in your efforts to try and reason with it.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member

yeah that is exactly how i feel. like apparently its just a mater of they made a game we did not like. and we supposed to just accept it.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

yeah that is exactly how i feel. like apparently its just a mater of they made a game we did not like. and we supposed to just accept it.

Well, what is the alternative? Impotently ranting every day for years on end about the same thing? Something disappointed you. That's life. It isn't and wasn't personal. What I do is move on to things that I do enjoy. I couldn't imagine spending time on the Bethesda forums talking about games I don't like. That's poison for the soul.

well how else will they learn from their mistakes lol.
  • Options
    so do you think if we did not complain about tolders for 2 years they would have still added them.
  • Options
    so do you think if we did not complain about tolders for 2 years they would have still added them.

Yup. They even said as much.
  • Options

right and you believe them. honestly i take anything they say with a grain of salt considering what they have said before about things in the past.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member
    edited May 2017

Several of the gurus have said they wanted so many times to tell us about toddlers. And with everything else going on, gender patch, regular content, etc, they had to have been working on them for a long time.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member

Quote for that please? Because I remember being completely and utterly left in the dark when it came to toddlers until one day they were suddenly patched in.
  • Options

right and you believe them. honestly i take anything they say with a grain of salt considering what they have said before about things in the past.

Yes, I believe them. Graham and Ninja in particular have been nothing but straight shooters. I have no reason to doubt them in their assertions about toddlers.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

Well, what is the alternative? Impotently ranting every day for years on end about the same thing? Something disappointed you. That's life. It isn't and wasn't personal. What I do is move on to things that I do enjoy. I couldn't imagine spending time on the Bethesda forums talking about games I don't like. That's poison for the soul.

well how else will they learn from their mistakes lol.

Not from random dudes on the internet. I hate to break it to you, but the game sold well. It continues to sell well. That's the bottom line, and what really matters. The devs aren't going to have you sit in on their decision making, and the publishers aren't going to let you in on their business meetings. People, especially on these forums, tend to overvalue their "feedback". That's a tough pill for many to swallow, but it is the truth.

It is what it is.

And yet, we got toddlers for free.
    Please sit down.