Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations for the Maxis Faves @coolsim9999999, @amyybugg92 and @withlovejulien! :smile::star::star::star:

Thank you so much for the lovely comments @rosemow, @folala and @coolsim9999999! Very much appreciated :blush:

Love the cool shape of your nursery @lisalittlesimmer! It's almost like a little baby rattle :smile: Good idea to use the curtain to separate the two areas. Love the shelving in the little play area.

Gorgeous nursery @MyFavoritedesign! Absolutely adore the butterfly tree! Love the mix of wall and rugs for each of the cute little areas.

Cool nursery @coolsim9999999! The pink stone looks so pretty with the flower rugs. Lots of fun things for the little tykes to enjoy!

Sweet little nursery @Zita1966z! Love all the clutter and the cute curtained area for the bassinet.

Love the curtains around the toddler bed @withlovejulien! The minty greens look gorgeous together with the bits of yellow.

Such a lovely nursery with all the flowers and greens @carolynrosser! The colors look awesome together. Very Spring like!
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congratulations @coolsim9999999 @amyybugg92 @WrathofCath and @withlovejulien on your Maxis faves! :star:
    @MyFavoritedesign beautiful nursery! The tree decoration is just gorgeous!
    @lisalittlesimmer I love the layout of your room with the sleeping & play areas divided -would love this irl but it would never be as tidy :p
    @coolsim9999999 really magical room, I love the little pond area
    @Zita1966z really pretty colour scheme and very realistic nursery with all the little details & clutter items
    @withlovejulien beautiful nursery, I really love the colour scheme so much
    @carolynrosser all the lovely flowers & plants really add to the fairytale feel & the curtain around the crib is perfect
    @Laebeth thank you very much for being so gracious as I did forget your beautiful waiting room.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @WrathofCath --- Thanks a lot for your nice comment about my Maxis fav.

You’re welcome. Your room was great!

I’m glad you like my nursery. It was a lot of fun to build.

@folala --- Thanks a lot about the Maxis fav :)! Thanks for liking my pond area.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you so much @folala! :blush:

You're very welcome @coolsim9999999! :smile:

Challenge 110
    Theme for the week: A Nursery.
    Gallery name of room: Our Little Princess
    Origin id: wrathofcath

05-04-17_31443nbspPM_zpsg6p3eaka.png

05-04-17_31532nbspPM_zpsyuuhdz3d.png

05-04-17_32327nbspPM_zpshtkxroct.png

05-04-17_31838nbspPM_zpsskryoso9.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav @WrathofCath; you always make such beautiful and polished builds! And your nursery is just another example.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Our Little Princess is such a very pretty bedroom! @WrathofCath :) The pink and white colour scheme and the wall pattern looks so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the room! It looks so very nice and creative how you have done the curtain nooks! The design and placement of the curtains and wedding arches together on the walls and the pretty pink flowers on them looks so creatively nice! Very nice bassinet nook! The parents will enjoy sitting in the armchair beside the bassinet, watching their little baby sleeping. The wall decor is a nice touch on the wall there. The combined flowers and blossoms in the corner looks very nice! It is great that there is a changing table in the room. The mirror is nice on the wall beside the table. Very nice bed area for sleeping, when the little baby ages up. The butterflies picture on the bedhead wall is calming for the little girl to see when going to bed. She will enjoy sitting on her bed reading a book. The book nook is very nice! The pink flowers lattice looks very nice behind the bookcase. The princess and bunny are nice placed near the bed, for her to play with. The unicorn is cute in the room! She will have fun playing with the castle dollhouse. It is a nice touch that the princess is standing beside her carriage on the floor . The golden patterned floor rug in the middle of the room adds a special look to the room. The print of the girl holding the heart is very nice on the door.
    It is a very calming, pretty bedroom! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I tried to use my imagination this week...

Challenge 110
    Theme for the week: Nursery
    Gallery Name: The Fairy Queen's Nursery
    Origin ID; lsnishi
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B816BD31312111E781EB3423E325F46A

The Fairy Queen has just given birth to a new fairy princess; here's her nursery.

05-04-17_12-53-29PM.png
    05-04-17_12-53-00PM.png
    05-04-17_1-08-20PM.png
    05-04-17_12-54-14PM.png

I almost typed "The Dairy Queen's Nursery" as the name. Guess I'm hungry. :smiley:

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    @WrathofCath --- I especially like the bassinet, changing table and little details in the room.

@Isnishi --- I like the forest with the alien trees.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The Fairy Queen's Nursery is such a very pretty nursery for the Fairy Princess! @lsnishi :) The forest theme of the room looks so very nice! It is nice that the fairies have built this special room to protect the precious new little girl from the dangers of the forest. The flowery grass flooring looks great! It looks very creatively nice how you have used the spandrels and curtained walls around the bassinet! The floral lattice behind the bassinet looks very nice! The rose petals pathway leading up to the bassinet looks so pretty! The ballerinas look very nice placed either sides of the bassinet nook, and the purple alien plants are nice touches there. The butterflies look so very pretty flying on the wall! The stained glass windows and the planter boxes on top of them look nice and suit the type of room very well! The little girl will have fun playing with the dollhouse when she ages up. The floral greenery looks very nice on the wall. The bunnies and the dinosaur are cute in the room! The candles ceiling lights add a nice look to the room. Very nice seat bench sitting nook for the Fairy Queen to sit and rest. The tapestry is nice for her to look at when sitting there. The stone texture of the walls creates a great forest feel in the room! The flower lamps tree and the floral fountain sculpture are very nice in the room for the fairies to look at. The design of the pond looks great! The rocks look nice around the water edge and the lily pads look nice in the water. The duck is very cute!
    It is such a very creatively nice fairy and forest themed room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

• Options
    edited May 2017
    lsnishi wrote: »

Challenge 110
    Origin ID; lsnishi
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B816BD31312111E781EB3423E325F46A

I almost typed "The Dairy Queen's Nursery" as the name. Guess I'm hungry. :smiley:

I hope that you enjoyed a meal after posting your very nice room! @lsnishi :)
  • Options
    @rosemow --- Dairy Queen ---- lol :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    @WrathofCath I am IN LOVE with your room! It's just so beautiful. My favorite part is the "changing table". I thought about figuring that out and then forgot until now lol! So awesome!

Here's my entry!

Challenge 110
    Gallery name of room: Luxurious Nursery
    Origin id: amyybugg14

I created Brian and Melissa and even made a house for them (still a work in progress)! I imagined that they love living in luxury so they designed a very luxurious and beautifully calming room for their first and only daughter.

https://flic.kr/p/Tgou34
    https://flic.kr/p/Tdx7Qq
    https://flic.kr/p/Tgou7x
    https://flic.kr/p/UriNcq
    https://flic.kr/p/Tgoubv
    https://flic.kr/p/UriNfS
    https://flic.kr/p/Tgn1tt
  • Options
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    @WrathofCath I am IN LOVE with your room! It's just so beautiful. My favorite part is the "changing table". I thought about figuring that out and then forgot until now lol! So awesome!

Here's my entry!

Challenge 110
    Gallery name of room: Luxurious Nursery
    Origin id: amyybugg14

I created Brian and Melissa and even made a house for them (still a work in progress)! I imagined that they love living in luxury so they designed a very luxurious and beautifully calming room for their first and only daughter.

33648329383_6d0af75607_z_d.jpg

33616064584_386ecf8f79_z_d.jpg

33648329643_db1121be2d_z_d.jpg

34416936646_3736ba41a2_z_d.jpg

33648329873_ae757ddbaf_z_d.jpg

34416936846_47e9b413c0_z_d.jpg

33648041553_cb5ed000ed_z_d.jpg

• Options
    Luxurious Nursery does look a very calming and luxurious nursery! @amyybugg92 :) The pretty pink walls and the elegantly gold wall pattern looks very nice! Very nice armchairs sitting nooks in the corners of the room. The parents will enjoy siting on the white armchair reading a book to their daughter. The wall picture and wall decor add a nice look to the nook area. The golden giraffe lamp looks elegant. The animal themed chair is cute for her to sit in when she ages up! She will enjoy reading a book from the bookshelf there. The plants are nice touches of nature either sides of the bookcase. The golden wall clock is nice there, for the parents to keep track of time.The type of curtains used in the room looks very pretty! Very nice ottoman sitting stool windows nook. Sims will enjoy resting there with sunshine coming in onto them. The flowers wall decor looks nice either sides of the window. Very nice dresser nook! The clothes hamper looks great next to the dresser, and the toiletries are a nice touch on top of the dresser. The animal wall pictures and the bunny on the dresser are cute ! The flowers are a pretty touch there. She will have fun playing with the dollhouse. The teddy is cute in the room! The floor rug in the middle of the room is luxurious.
    Melissa is very pretty :) It will be very special when she gives birth to their baby.
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    lsnishi wrote: »

Challenge 110
    Origin ID; lsnishi

I hope that you enjoyed a meal after posting your very nice room! @lsnishi :)

Thank you @rosemow. I had something to eat, but now I'm thinking I should do a baby nursery in an ice cream shop and call it "The Dairy Queen's Nursery"...nah, too weird!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    edited May 2017
    @amyybugg92 great room

@lsnishi great room, the crib is beautiful.

@WrathofCath lovely room.

@withlovejulien I saw earlier that I was not the only person who loved your change of heart, maxis did! :) Congratulations on the maxis fav'd again! <3:)

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

edited May 2017
    Challenge 110
    Gallery name of room:Baby Girl Nursery
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2EA0018A315F11E789C06507D17699C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id: popettypop2012
    E1RMXci.png
    JUHcL2d.png
    d1Kmnaj.png
    Ocp1UG5.png
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Alright, time to get up to speed!

Love the idea of a nursery, although to me pink and girly stuff makes no sense. I have two boys aged 3 and 10 months, so in my world a nursery is in blue colors with cars :blush: So it took a bit for me to try to be 'girly' for this weeks challenge!

@lisalittlesimmer Welcome to the challenge, and well done on your first entry! Where in the world did you get the idea that it's not creative? Just because you have chosen a simple design, it doesn't mean it's any less creative :wink: Good design does'nt have to be complicated! I love the bay window you have created around the crib, and how you have separated the area with the curtains. Looks lovely, and a clever idea! It's a simple but beautiful room <3

@MyFavoritedesign What a wonderful room! As others have pointed out already, I love the tree with the butterflies, and how it frames the little crib. So precious! I love the different types of wallpaper used, as they look wonderful together and adds something unique. You have added lots of clever little details in your room, and it looks stunning!

@coolsim9999999 What a creative idea for this weeks theme :blush: Love the make shift pond you added, and how you have used those red plants/leaves and red gems/stones. Really elevates the room and gives it something special. Wonderful room!

@Zita1966z What an absolutely precious room, and so realistic! Love all the clutter you have added! Totally love the pink carpet, especially against all the white furniture! The crib looks great with the curtains to give the little one some privacy during naps. Amazing room :blush:

@withlovejulien Congrats on the Maxis fave! :star::star: I really admire the fact that you went with a mint/gold color scheme. Although it is a nursery for a girl it doesn't *have* to be pink, so it's really nice to see a totally different color scheme! Many parents would maybe even prefer it, as it's a more unisex color, so it could be used for both girls and boys. Maybe they plan on more kids later you know? :wink: The toddler bed framed with the curtains looks wonderful! I also love the changing table! Love that you have picked up that little trick from this thread and now use it yourself! There are so many idea and tips to pick up here, I do the same all the time :blush:

@carolynrosser What a wonderful room! Love the flower fountain and the plants/bushes on the wall. Looks great! Also love how you have framed the crib with the curtains, plants and mirror. So gorgeous! Absolutely lovely room :blush:

@WrathofCath Congrats on the Maxis fave! :star::star: Such a precious girls room! Absolutely love those wedding arches with the curtains! So creative and looks stunning! You have a wonderful soft pink color scheme, and it looks like a perfect little princess room. Stunning!

@amyybugg92 Love how you have used to different wall coverings. The white/gold wallpaper looks wonderful against the pink walls! I also really love that white rug actually, looks so cozy! An understated room, but beautiful in its simplicity :blush: Oh, and you know, we all love to see the different creative ideas from all the talented people who post entries here. If you ever see something you like, like that changing table, and can't figure out how it was done then don't be afraid to ask! :wink: I think everyone here is all about sharing and learning from each other!

@lsnishi Oh my goodness! You have certainly thought out of the box this week! In fact, I just finished my room last night and I have done the *exact* same style! haha! What are the odds? I love how you have framed the crib with those railings! Looks wonderful! I also love the grass floor and the pathway with the red rose petals. The flower fountain and the pond are also really clever, and fitting, additions! A fantastic fairy room! :blush:

I almost considered not posting mine, as I don't want for it too seem like I'm copying your beautiful room, BUT having said that I think my room will be different enough, so hopefully it'll be alright! :blush: I'm at work still, so won't be able to post it until later tonight in any case. Have to have another look at it, then playtest etc :wink:

@folala Don't worry about it! I am not even a little bit upset about it :blush:

@popettypop2012 Just as I am about to post this, your entry came up, so I just managed to catch it! It's a really lovely room. I like that you have kept it really pink, but still quite simple. The flower petals and butterflies really adds to the room making it really delicate. I really love the layout too, it works really well! Wonderful room!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Baby Girl Nursery is such a very nice bedroom for the new little baby and for when she ages to be a toddler! @popettypop2012 :) The pink and brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice! It looks nice that the walls are the two colours. The rose petals look so very pretty on the floor areas! The pink,white and brown circles looks so nice in the centre of the room! Very nice nook areas in the room. The windows sofa seat sitting alcove is very nice! She will enjoy sitting on the pretty pink sofa wheh a toddler reading a book from the bookcase, with sunlight coming in through the windows. The butterflies look so very pretty on the walls there! The curtains lin the room areas are nice pink touches. The little girl will have fun playing with the dollhouse and toys from the toy chest. It is nice that there is a pink changing table in the room. The butterflies are pretty om the walls there also! The giraffe, koala, caterpillar, cat and unicorn look so cute in the room! Very nice sleeping nook in the room ! It looks nice that the bassinet and toddlers bed are placed either sides of the bedside table. The panda lamp on the table looks cute! The raindow wall shelf and string flower lights look very nice in the room.
    The furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    I will look forward to seeing your room ! @Laebeth :) Everyone's room is uniquely special! Your room may be a similar style to lsnishi's room, but that doesn't matter at all! You designed and creased it so it will be very special and nice! <3
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    You are very right @rosemow and deep down I know that :heart:

Sometimes those thoughts just sneak in, and I think maybe I should just not post, BUT don't worry. I have gotten very good at dismissing that kind of thinking, as I agree that even if similar, everyone puts their heart and soul into their own creation :blush: I always go back to using my logic (because that's how I work) and I know that I love seeing every room, even if they are similar, because there's always something unique about every room, so by that logic it has to be the same with mine too! :heart: Don't worry, I will be posting it! :smiley: Thank you for the kind encouragement!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Thank you @rosemow I was in the mood decorating with some yellow and same for mother's day room Challenge in cbear's Challenge room it's not done yet maybe sometime late on the weekend or Monday
    Challenge 110
    Theme for the week: A Nursery
    Gallery name of room : My Little Ray Of Sunshine
    Origin id : chips46
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/921D6A44316E11E786B06507D17699C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=chips46&max=50&maxis=false
    29wamx5.jpg28s7hoi.jpg2poxl03.jpg2nr2cyd.jpg2qlecyd.jpg
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    You will be fine @Laebeth just follow what's in your heart what you want to create in your room we are all similar style but yours will be your room and special to you can't wait seeing your Nursery Room <3
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

@lsnishi Wow!!! Your room is so beautiful and special!
    Thank you @Laebeth for your lovely comment. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    My Little Ray of Sunhine is such a sunny and pretty room! @chips46 :) Very nice yellow and green colour scheme of the room! ! The open gate and yellow picket fencing separating off the areas of the room looks so nice and is vey sunny! The sleeping area looks very nice! The orange curtains look colourfully nice on the windows. The corner nook with the semi circle shelving table looks nice. The butterflies look so very pretty around the baby shoes wall decor! The unicorn and heart teddy are cute in the room! The little girl wheh a toddler will enjoy sitting on the patterned stools with the toys, reading a book. She will have fun playing with toys from the toy chest. Very nice changing table nook! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed on the walls.The towels are a nice touch in the nook between the cabinets, and the pictures of the girls look very nice on the wall. The washing basket, clothes hamper, towels and toiletries are nice touches there. The bookcase nook is very nice! The green floral wall pattern look nice there. The animall pitctures look cute on the wall! The garden area has so many creativity designed ideas! It looks very great the way the landscape picture is placed on the wall, with the curtains draped on it, the greenery over the top of it, and hot air balloons on the wall! The flower boxes look very pretty either sides of the doll house. The butterflies wall pattern look very nice. The clouds, birds wall deco and sun decor look great how they are placed on the walls! The rainbow wall shelf is a nice touch there. The little girl will have fun playing with the doll house. The lady bird, bunny and butterflies are cute on the grassy flooring! The pool with the turtle and yellow duck is so cute!
    Very nice and very creative furnishing and layout of each area off the room! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top