Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite things to do in the sims 2?

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I understand it gives you five days of life, but I'm not sure the death of a poor Sim is justification for that.

You can play it your way, it's not a big deal. University also came with the bone phone to raise the dead- for a little cash. Nothing lost either way.

Cool!
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    What I love about ts2 is that everyone can play it their way. It's a wonderful sandbox that we get to play in. <3

What I dislike like is when people try to make someone else feel bad for how they play and worse, say (outright or imply) that the way someone else plays is 'cheating.' As if there is only one right way to play.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2017
    I loved doing home retail businesses using OFB and FreeTime (so selling sewing items, toys, etc). :smile:

I want to do a full bakery and maybe a restaurant one day.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    1. Play the pre-mades
    2. Do the legacy challenge, and other challenges
    3. Make haunted houses
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Playing medieval - though you need CC from several places to do that, building Victorian houses, using the cool per family photo capability to write stories, using body shop to make sim items that Sims4 can only dream about (find the right meshes & textures and you can make anything), making unusual lot types (ancient Greek temple, portions of the Titanic, tugboat, castles), sometimes just firing it up and seeing what they can get into all on their own
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Play the game. :) A long time ago, I really wanted to create a scene I saw in an old game, Indiana Jones. So, in TS2 I dug down and built an underground cave. I had a cc ladder that let Sims down into the large hole. I put things around like Indiana had dug up some stuff. It was really cool and above ground it had lots of mountains and jungle. Springs and waterfalls. I raised the ground like a cliff in one area and got some terrain paint to look like flowing water and rock terrain paint like a water fall cascading over the rocks down a great divide. Then I used the Uni community shower and move objects on cheat to put it there so Sims could take a shower out in the wild in what looked like a waterfall. That was pretty cool. But underground in their 'cave' I sent Sims to this community lot or 'island' and they could dig (since that action was later added) like they were digging for treasures, and actually they are since they may dig up an old bone or statue etc. That was a lot of fun. I used to say: The Sims 2 Where Your Imagination Never Ends'. :D ETA: In my mind's eye it was a jungle/mountain excavation digging site. No walls or lights anywhere except those tiki posts that came in Seasons.

You ever consider doing up a tutorial on how to do this kind of thing. Or your London? I quite agree that Sims 2 is wide open, limited only by one's imagination and ability to use the tools. And a decent video card helps too...

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Playing medieval - though you need CC from several places to do that
    I remember playing medieval years ago, it was great fun. MTS had a medieval theme thing which I downloaded loads of stuff from, and TSR did too.

Then I played Victorian, there was a creator on tsr who made exquisite Victorian sets (she is called Cashcraft), plus there was a lot of clothing to be found on All About Style for that theme.
  • Options
    Am getting more into Victorian, ironically because of Sims4 Vampires. Much (most?) of the build/buy material is Victorian, or at least Victorian based. Even much of the backdrop is of that era. Started building to take advantage, doing research along the way. Have discovered an incredibly rich period of architecture, decorating, furniture, and everything else. Since Sims2 is my preferred game am moving my work here. Hopefully the sources you mentioned are still there.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Creating my Sim self as a Young Adult and seeing which of the NPC guys my Sim will end up in a relationship with and how long it will take.
  • Options
    JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    I honestly enjoy gameplay more because I loatheeeee building Haha takes away time from playing the game. Plus I have so many mods that make the game so much more realistic such as the infamous Inteenmater, child support, a morning school, boarding school, college classes for teens mod, I increased bills much more to make it harder to be rich, university time mod, and so much more that I cannot even remember. It's an overhaul!!
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    @JSimmy I've always wanted to run a boarding school, but it takes a while for me to get a neighborhood large enough to justify it.

Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess Haha yea but I don't run it, it's similar to the sims 3. But in this one they are gone Mon- Fri and come back on weekends. I think I downloaded the mod from Simbology website
  • Options
    JSimmy wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess Haha yea but I don't run it, it's similar to the sims 3. But in this one they are gone Mon- Fri and come back on weekends. I think I downloaded the mod from Simbology website

Oh, that's definitely different from how I would play it, but I remember that being an option with the Simbology set. :)
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I love playing my custom town valenta (which has custom sims, snd townies, player created lots edited be me to make sure it has fun gameplay, and more). I even used tutorials so I could edit certain hidden places like the hobby locations.

In my town I love playing families with children, and having the sims visit lots of community lots and play games. I let sims age until they reach adulthood, and then they just drink the elixir of life to stay the same age.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I mainly like building my dream houses. I used to design them on paper until a friend suggested sims 2. It was amazing watching my creations come to life. The gameplay came after and I have never looked back.
  • Options
    Jano wrote: »
    I mainly like building my dream houses. I used to design them on paper until a friend suggested sims 2. It was amazing watching my creations come to life. The gameplay came after and I have never looked back.

I started out as a house builder too. I used to make the homes of all my Original Characters, but get frustrated (before I understood CC) that I couldn't properly make exactly what my fantasy characters looked like in CAS. Back when I only had Double Deluxe and University I used to spend hours and hours making castles and once I made Rivendell over about five lots.
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess
    Rivendell in Sims sounds awesome! Do you happen to still have pics of it or so? Would really like to see it. :)
  • Options
    Nindl wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess
    Rivendell in Sims sounds awesome! Do you happen to still have pics of it or so? Would really like to see it. :)

Sadly, no. Those pics went down with the family desktop, RIP 2002-2007. After which I didn't play sims for like, a year, because I was super bummed that I lost not only all of my sims, but everything I had ever written in the past year, including a full length novel (probably for the best since I was fourteen...) and a massive collection of music "traded" from my friends via the old-fashioned method of bringing a binder full of CD's over and ripping every single one to your hard drive for three hours while you ate fritos, listened to someone's ipod, and painted your toenails. ;)

I got most of the music back eventually but I learned the hard way to back up at least once a month.
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess
    Aw I am sorry to hear that. I know too well how horrible it is losing everything you created in Sims, but losing a novel sounds even more horrible to me, as I am a writer as well. :o
    It sounds really nice how you described what you did with your friends. :)
    I also back up all my important files often, you just never know when something could be gone or the computer might break. :/
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    I have 3 different challenges I like. One is a single adults, moving in a trash trailer, removing most money and make sure she gets pregnant within 24 hours, without moving in with a guy and then get pregnant again within 24 hours after giving birth ti the first kid and take it from there.

Challenge 2 is sort of a legacy challenge, I move in to the largest lot and the only way I can make money is to sell things I grow/fish or craft with my hobbies in the store. No wholesaling allowed.

Third one is the medival challenge. Requires lots of mods and loads of CC. I do need a fridge due to how the game works, but it's redesigned to look like a cabinet. No showers, only old fashioned bathtubs, everyone where old school clothing. Farming is the big thing, and since we can't have normal jobs, the money have to come in the same way as in the previous challenge, by selling produces and crafted objects. Sewing is essential. Even though the sewing machine is out of place, it's the only way I can get outfits for my sims. They get 1 outfit for free for each age transaction + bedtime and swimwear. Since they're supposed to live on a farm, I also downloaded pigs and cows, where the cow can be milked and ridden by teens and older, and pigs can be ridden by toddlers for fun and athletic. Also got a mod that severely reduce prices on produce and almost trippel the bill, to not make it to easy to get by.

None of this is duable in TS3, with the possible exeption of the last one, but I can't find the right mods for it.
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    A bit off topic, but how do I make a new thread? I can reply to old thread, but cant figure out where to make a new one.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2017
    A bit off topic, but how do I make a new thread? I can reply to old thread, but cant figure out where to make a new one.

When you enter a heading or subheading, there should be a blue box in the upper right that says "NEW DISCUSSION".
    I'm not sure how many posts you need for this option to show, but for some reason they put in this quirky quota that you need to fulfill first. :/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options

You've made more than 200 posts, you should be able to put up a new topic.
  • Options
    Sandy_K1231Sandy_K1231 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I have been playing the Sims 2 for years and it is my favorite game! I love making my own neighborhoods and sims. Recently, I started playing in a way where I create a bunch of families of either of three brothers or sister adults by creating a male and female sim, making their children as adults and deleting the Sims I used to make the siblings. I make one have the family aspiration, one knowledge, and one fortune. Using dice I make one turn on a hair color based on the number I roll. After the families are all created I have them all date each other until they are married off. When they have children I make it so that unless they are a family sim who has the marry off 6 children ltw, they have a maximum of three but hopefully two, children in order to have at least one boy and one girl. Then I roll dice for the aspiration as the children age. I play in a rotation and don't use any money cheats. The starting sims are of all ethnicities and I try to start with the he most traditional features. (Blonde hair blue eyes, red hair green eyes) and will make at least 6 sims (2 families) of each race and gender with at least half of the Sims having the traditional eye color to match race and hair color. I have to use driftwood to have enough lot space but I never get bored because there's always a different family to play and dynamic. I don't use any cheats. After the first generation I categorize them by simoleons and put the first 5 wealthiest sims on the huge lot, the next 10, on large lots, the next 15 on the medium lots, the poorest sims get the smallest lots. I also build all houses. Heirs are first born but only if the family has a six figure amount of simoleons. Heirs are all family, fortune or knowledge, only to give a greater chance of carrying on the legacy. The only way a sim from a family not wealthy enough to have an heir to inherent the family money / home is if the sim still lives in the house when their last parent passes away. Otherwise, when they reach adulthood they must move out. Six figure or wealthier sims must send their children to private school. Sims of these families can continue to live with the family until they want to move out or get married. Love is love and sims can marry and date any sim of any race or gender. Although in order to populate the neighborhood with related sims of all sorts I don't have same sex relationships during the first generation. Generations following the first can have relationships with premade sims and townies. They don't marry until they want to and both sims have to want to. I try for baby anytime it is an option with sims that seemingly would be the type to be careless in real life with that sort of thing. The more responsible sims can just woo-hoo when a child isn't wanted by both sims. Exception is the birth of an heir which must happen. Basically, I try to make it as much like real life as possible. I love how imaginative the game allows me to be. I am a naturally creative person and a writer so it appeals to me for that reason.