Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do so many people hate spiders? Arachnophobics, don't open. This thread is not safe for you. :)

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with spiders. I've got the fear of most insect-sized critters, excluding dragonflies, butterflies, moths, and worker ants, but spiders are my favorite of the tiny critters. I always considered them kind of a mix of two of my favorite themes: Creepy and elegant.

I guess it's because they're like little aliens. Them and insects are so different from everything else on land and than there's the fear of the unknown. My fear of spiders isn't as bad as others due to where I live. We have harmless ones. The only way something like a Black Widow would get here is in a shipment. Which they have. And when I learn of this, I'm terrified for a few days.
    Then there's just the fact they're really tiny and you don't know where they could pop up. I've had two on my ceiling at once last year. Left them until they vanished. They're like little ninjas. Still, rather deal with them than earwigs. Nothing quite as wonderful as having one run under your arm on the desk while you're on the computer late at night or falling on your head in your bedroom. Thanks to the frogs around here, this house has none.
    I also read somewhere it's an inherited fear. Maybe left over instinct when we had more to fear in our daily lives from nature.
    Mostly what I don't get is killing them. Which do you like better? Biting insects or spiders? Complain about flies, than kill the things that eat the flies. Being afraid and not understanding something isn't a reason to decide it should die.

Jumping spiders are adorable~ We don't have those, either. I see lots of those yellow and brown orb weavers and common black house spiders. The others don't come near the houses much.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I know a song about someone who was scared of spiders so he ate a tarantula to try to get over it.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited April 2017
    This little guy is a Bagheera kiplingi.

krasivyie-makro-fotografii-nasekomyih-tomas-shaan_8.jpg

And he's a vegetarian :)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SshayRSshayR Posts: 44 Member
    *Dies*
    There was a spider in the shower with me...I just remember it being black and yellow before I ran out screaming
  • Options
    SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    Spiders are Satan Spawn, okay maybe not that little one that's favoured all over the web (hehe) but a wolf spider, camel spider or even a common house spider (not the thin variety) are what make my body feel so bad if it's near me. Arachnophobe for life.
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,107 Member
    For me it's the fear of getting bitten by one. We have quite a few really bad ones around here like black-widows or recluses. I also had a scary incident last year when I had some kind of a jumping spider bite me on the leg. It started out small but got swollen up to the size of a softball within about 24 hours. I ended getting the swelling to go down with meat tenderizer, but was afraid I'd end up having to go to the hospital when I first saw it.
  • Options
    TheBlackAndWhiteCatTheBlackAndWhiteCat Posts: 154 Member
    Aaaaaw! I love spiders. I've been trying for years to convince my parents to let me have one xD
    Have you seen peacock spiders when they do their little dances? xD
    gph.is/290ndAq
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,303 Member
    The brown recluse and I are close friends. They love my place because I keep it nice and warm. The typical size of a recluse spider in my apartment is about the size of five cent coin, maybe a little bigger. I said hello and goodbye to one today about that size. I wouldn't mind them at all if they didn't leave such nasty wounds from their bites.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    We have jumping spiders here...*shudders*
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I'm an Entomophobe.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    I only have a fear of frogs
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Apparently all spiders are venomous. Some have stronger poison than others. One of the guys from the Facts. team in Ireland has a wicked fear of spiders and he had to face his fear in one of the videos.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Aaaaaw! I love spiders. I've been trying for years to convince my parents to let me have one xD
    Have you seen plum spiders when they do their little dances? xD
    gph.is/290ndAq
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI

That spider is better at dancing than I am.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I don't mind spiders. They normally don't bother me.

What bothers me, on the other hand, are roaches...
  • Options
    KenmaeKenmae Posts: 20 New Member
    Spiders are cute... so long as they aren't touching me. :''> Actually, there was a spider once that decided to take up residence in my shower. When I saw him, I froze up- after a few seconds, I promised him I wouldn't spray him or bother him if he turned around and didn't come any closer. Because he surprisingly honoured our agreement, I let him hang around my shower for about a week before he crawled off somewhere. He was a nice gentlemanly/gentlewomanly spider.