Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who does NOT want laundry?

Comments

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I never liked laundry in earlier games and didn't use it once I saw how it worked. And unlike toddlers, I cannot imagine any improvements in doing laundry that would make it a fun and interesting occupation for my sims. They have enough to do already. If time management and chores were completely reworked to be more like real life, bring it on, but not the way things run now. If they invented a robot washer/dryer that picked up your clothes, washed and dried them, folded and put them away, maybe then I'd go for laundry.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I see no need for laundry. It is boring. We all do it enough in real life. Surely there are more productive things to be done than coding that stuff. This game is having trouble gaining and holding my interest as it is, so a snoozer stuff pack could well do it off.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I haven't the foggiest why anyone would want to do in a game what I find trivial to do in real life. To me, laundry is dull. However, I've seen the many posts focused on laundry and whatnot and I can't begrudge those that do find domestic activities fascinating. More power to them and if it'll get them to move on to something and/or support a thing that I might find interesting - fine. I think there's room for everyone to feel how they want to feel and eventually (hopefully) get what they want out of a game they've sunk ridiculous amounts of money into over the years.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Laundry is a pain in the a... in the game just like in real life. No way I want it.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited April 2017
    The pack should be focused on what the name suggests, ECO-FRIENDLY LIFESTYLE. I don't see how laundry fits into that theme whatsoever.
    "Sims can do laundry by handwashing and hanging on clothesline" yeah, as if that's explicitly living an eco-friendly lifestyle counting as enough gameplay for a stuff pack. Get real.

People want laundry badly, I get that part entirely and I do understand. However, that being the case, we should be protesting it as FREE CONTENT with an option in Origin to either install or uninstall this feature exclusively because that's what I'd consider something on this scope as, free content.

How does sims doing laundry have any long-term meaning on a sim's life?
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Laundry would fit better into a Family pack. It does need some special actions to go with it like putting washing on the line, picking dirty piles of clothes off the floor and putting them in the washing machine.

I liked creating laundromats in Sims3 where everyone went for a chat or a coffee from the coffee machine.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I'd rather have floor cleaning gameplay objects, where the floor tiles could get dirty with a dirty transparency overlay.

- Broom
    - Standard Hoover
    - Robotic floor hoover from Sims 2 which throws out trash when broken.
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    I see no need for laundry. It is boring. We all do it enough in real life. Surely there are more productive things to be done than coding that stuff. This game is having trouble gaining and holding my interest as it is, so a snoozer stuff pack could well do it off.

I agree. Laundry definitely would add to the realism, but so what? No one wants a perfectly realistic game. What's next, mowing the lawn? Dusting the blinds? Having the duct people come and clean out your air ducts? Having your water heater serviced twice a year?
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    There are lots of things I do in my everyday life and think "This would be fun to do in The sims". Laundry is not one of them.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I have no idea why laundry is so wanted. You guys wanted toddlers, okay that makes sense. Toddlers are fun. You guys want eco-living stuff. And you want laundry??? Why didn't they have laundry as it's own stuff pack so that I don't get disappointed when this stuff pack has just laundry. I'm really tired of everyone saying that sims need laundry. If you want laundry that bad, come to my house and do mine.

Love it. Can we actually get some more interesting gameplay??? That would be nice.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    I agree. Laundry definitely would add to the realism, but so what? No one wants a perfectly realistic game. What's next, mowing the lawn? Dusting the blinds? Having the duct people come and clean out your air ducts? Having your water heater serviced twice a year?

Taking the day off from work to wait for your UPS delivery to arrive. Waiting five hours at the doctor's office. Watching paint dry. :p
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    There are lots of things I do in my everyday life and think "This would be fun to do in The sims". Laundry is not one of them.

I dunno. Ever sit on a washer when it's really going? Vavava voom! That could explain the demand. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwR3Eo3KDZQ
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I don't think laundry will be the main focus of the Eco Pack but it will be a part of it or I misread some information that was put out there. I think the environment including the home environment should have a big impact on the emotional, mental and physical health of our sims therefore the mess that accumulates from lack of attention to the mundane tasks in life will create a further challenge to how well our sims navigate the pitfalls of life. If the sims pay attention to details and create a lovely, clean and eco friendly environment, there should be payoffs and hopefully, if they do not take care of their basic needs, there should be repercussions. That is the way real life works and I always love playing for realism.
  • Options
    That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    I think laundry in TS3 was the most annoying thing ever, so I don't think it will be any better here.
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    I don't think laundry will be the main focus of the Eco Pack but it will be a part of it or I misread some information that was put out there. I think the environment including the home environment should have a big impact on the emotional, mental and physical health of our sims therefore the mess that accumulates from lack of attention to the mundane tasks in life will create a further challenge to how well our sims navigate the pitfalls of life. If the sims pay attention to details and create a lovely, clean and eco friendly environment, there should be payoffs and hopefully, if they do not take care of their basic needs, there should be repercussions. That is the way real life works and I always love playing for realism.

I like your vision of what the pack should be. And, honestly, that sort of how the game already works. Things break or are dirty; if those things aren't cleaned or fixed, sims either can't use them or get a negative "uncomfortable" moodlet when they do (read: affects their wellbeing in a negative way). If they ignore their basic needs, they feel poorly via an "uncomfortable" moodlet. When they maintain themselves, they feel better (via the "happy" moodlet, I can't remember the name, that just means that all your sim's needs are up). When they take the time to learn the "handiness" skill and upgrade items, they work even better, and have interesting new functions that even enhance their use.

I'm not sure what you mean about the "mess that accumulates from lack of attention to the mundane tasks in life", if you're saying that you want to introduce things like mopping floors and vacuuming and dusting and things like that? Because that would be a massive overhaul of how houses work in the game, and probably not be included in a stuff pack.

Whatever you want, we vote on May 18th!
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    badsimbadsim Posts: 13 New Member
    I like to do the laundry. In the Sims 3 I like it to. And I am very happy that it came to Sims 4.
  • Options
    LaurenSimsonLaurenSimson Posts: 6 New Member
    To be honest OP I don't see how laundry fits in to an eco-friendly pack either. Unless they go full hand wash and line dry it doesn't make much sense. I never use it much in the sims 3 so if they do add to the sims 4 I won't be using it much either. I would love to see solar panels and wind turbines as well.

• Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    I adore the laundry option in Sims 3. It added a whole new depth to doing chores for me. I always wondered were all their dirty clothes went when they spun around to change. I also love that you had little timers on the washer and drier to tell me when the washing was done! I haven't bought Sims 4 yet but I'm hoping I'll get it soon, I'm sure it'll be a great addition. I wonder, is it an opt in thing? Can you just not buy laundry machines and pretend like it doesn't exist?
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I think it would be a refreshing change and a real energy saver which compliments the Eco Friendly theme nicely.
  • Options
    To be honest OP I don't see how laundry fits in to an eco-friendly pack either. Unless they go full hand wash and line dry it doesn't make much sense. I never use it much in the sims 3 so if they do add to the sims 4 I won't be using it much either. I would love to see solar panels and wind turbines as well.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't particularly want laundry, but, if it comes to the pack with other stuff I want, I'd probably use it now and then. However, I haven't bought a stuff pack since Sims 2 (I did buy a bunch of stuff from the Sims 3 store, though) so who knows if I will even want this one.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    edited May 2017
    I do not want laundry for the game! I mean I have realized I have more sophisticated taste than the direction the game has gone and that is fine :) It's just bowling and laundry seems so simplistic that it doesn't hold any interest for people who don't enjoy the mundane.I am honestly happy for those who wanted it.I just hope eventually they realize that there are other players who would really want something more well-bread than doing a task that is so very lackluster that the very idea can put you to sleep and simple things like this will leave many players completely blasé about that content
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I don't particularly care whether or not laundry *eventually* ends up in the game, I just don't think it's particularly fitting to the theme of "eco living" (as others have argued), and, quite frankly, given how few "premium items" we get with stuff packs, I would rather use those for other objects instead of washer/dryer/hamper/clothesline/etc. I'd rather the special items in this stuff pack be things like a composter (sims could dump spoiled food, the remains of their meals, caught fish, plants, etc into it, and it will produce fertilizer that will give plants a boost when used, either a boost to their quality or a longer period before they need to be tended), or a juicer (especially if the kids can use it to make themselves juice from harvestables), or solar panels (either roof-based or ground-based; and they reduce your bills, perhaps with a stacking effect if you have multiple ones on the lot). All of those fit the theme of "eco living" a lot more than laundry does (which is such a drain on water and electricity anyway, hardly eco friendly!).
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited May 2017
    Honestly I don't care about laundry, just as long as we have the option of whether we want it or not. Like with TS3, where if you didn't have machines on your lot, you wouldn't get any laundry!

Sometimes I like having laundry because it adds realism (it's a nice little detail), but when I'm making a crazy vampire living off the grid, I obviously don't want laundry popping up everywhere! ;)

Side note; if laundry is the big thing for this pack, I ain't paying for it! I miss the days where these little things would come in expansions (in TS3, Bowling came with University Life, and Laundry was first introduced in Ambitions)! Goshdarnit EA!
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Batman wrote: »
    I voted eco-friendly as number one.

But to be honest, I don't see how laundry fits into that theme. And I personally hated having laundry in sims. It was such a chore, and the piles of dirty clothes everywhere... yuck!

What are other great ideas focused on the environment and sustainability?
    • Solar panels = reduced bills
    • Compost = better plants, new plants?
    • water wheel
    • wind turbines
    • lots of new plants (interior and exterior)
    • tools for green houses, eco farming
    • green walls (plant walls)
    • more small/compact items for "tiny living"
    • ??

I'm sure there are a lot of other great ideas besides laundry. Let's take some time to explore those options too, and really think about what eco-living looks like! Because consuming a lot of power and water on laundry isn't really eco-friendly....

I voted for the Dangerous Pack cause I wanted the Cemetery and such, so no I did not vote for Eco or Laundry, but I am only waiting to see what this so called pack has in it, if it is nothing I want, then I sure will not be buying it.