Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Not sure if this is in the game yet? I haven't seen it in my game yet if so, but I would very much like it if the game created NPCs that uses the gender patch's new functionality.
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    Not sure if this is in the game yet? I haven't seen it in my game yet if so, but I would very much like it if the game created NPCs that uses the gender patch's new functionality.

I've seen that happen on occasions with my game, it just comes at random most of the time.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member

I've seen that happen on occasions with my game, it just comes at random most of the time.

Glad to know about this :) when the patch was released they talked how about the game wouldn't generate non-cis sims so that was upsetting to me. guess i'll wait for the game to generate some npcs now ~~
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Not sure what you saw - have you checked those Sims in CAS? If the game is using that functionality autonomously, for NPCs, it's a bug. (City Living does have some circumstances in which Sims will come out of an apartment dressed as a maid, but that's not related to CAS gender options.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TMSimmerTMSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with many of the suggestions already for CAS. I will probably repeat some things but before I list the biggest thing I would love is for if you have the vampires back the the face details for vampires can be used on normal non-vampire sims. I'm not sure if it could really work considering not everyone has the vampires game pack. But I know it would be a very cool way to have those skin details if your sim had a background that involved a scar or deformity on their face. Anyways now just a list…
    1. Vampires face details for normal sims
    2. Body hair options
    3. A few more hair color options, natural or fun
    4. More tattoos
    5. Ability to determine how strong the makeup is
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    This is my first post on the forums so please let me know if what I suggest is repetitive or is breaking any rules.

- as a future teacher, i would love an education career path! it could split into administration and veteran teacher/academic strategist (or something like that I haven't thought out the details), and you get paid more as you get more experience! moving from a first year teacher to a veteran teacher would be fun.
    - option to work as a nanny. it would be fun to nanny someone else's kids while they're at work and get paid to do it. I know babysitter is an option for teens but it would be fun to take that on as a full time job as an adult. you could find a family in the game and work whenever there are babies/toddlers at home with no one to supervise
    - more traits that are opposed to each other. i know good/evil work that way, but do traits like neat/slob cause a negative reaction?
    - on/off switch for relationship culling. this is my biggest frustration with the Sims 4. I play rotationally and this feature is making it impossible for any of my sims to have friends or relationships because they're all culled when I switch families. One of my teen sims was maxed out in friendship and love with her boyfriend and they had exchanged promise rings, but when I returned after playing as another family the relationship was culled.
    - more long hair
    - headscarves and hijabs
    - more color options for furniture
    - I would love to see more emotions. nervous is one that I would like to see! it would be perfect for clingy toddlers who are meeting a stranger without mom and dad nearby
    - option to choose your own work outfit. my criminal sim is wearing the ugliest outfit to work right now and I can't see how anyone would find her intimidating in an old brown ballgown and a fedora (unless this is an option and I just can't find it?)

@deltadaryll I absolutely agree with everything you sugguested. It's like I wrote it myself! :smiley: As far as the work clothes go, though, if you use cheats, there is a way to change it. I'm not sure if there are rules against posting cheats here but if you search in google "sims 4 change work outfit cheat" it's the first thing that pops up and I've tried it. It works.

Same.. especially the relationship aspect! While playing another household, one of my definitely not single sims seems to think he is single.. Its causing a bit of a conundrum!
  • Options
    deltadarylldeltadaryll Posts: 84 Member
    This is my first post on the forums so please let me know if what I suggest is repetitive or is breaking any rules.

- as a future teacher, i would love an education career path! it could split into administration and veteran teacher/academic strategist (or something like that I haven't thought out the details), and you get paid more as you get more experience! moving from a first year teacher to a veteran teacher would be fun.
    - option to work as a nanny. it would be fun to nanny someone else's kids while they're at work and get paid to do it. I know babysitter is an option for teens but it would be fun to take that on as a full time job as an adult. you could find a family in the game and work whenever there are babies/toddlers at home with no one to supervise
    - more traits that are opposed to each other. i know good/evil work that way, but do traits like neat/slob cause a negative reaction?
    - on/off switch for relationship culling. this is my biggest frustration with the Sims 4. I play rotationally and this feature is making it impossible for any of my sims to have friends or relationships because they're all culled when I switch families. One of my teen sims was maxed out in friendship and love with her boyfriend and they had exchanged promise rings, but when I returned after playing as another family the relationship was culled.
    - more long hair
    - headscarves and hijabs
    - more color options for furniture
    - I would love to see more emotions. nervous is one that I would like to see! it would be perfect for clingy toddlers who are meeting a stranger without mom and dad nearby
    - option to choose your own work outfit. my criminal sim is wearing the ugliest outfit to work right now and I can't see how anyone would find her intimidating in an old brown ballgown and a fedora (unless this is an option and I just can't find it?)

@deltadaryll I absolutely agree with everything you sugguested. It's like I wrote it myself! :smiley: As far as the work clothes go, though, if you use cheats, there is a way to change it. I'm not sure if there are rules against posting cheats here but if you search in google "sims 4 change work outfit cheat" it's the first thing that pops up and I've tried it. It works.

I just found the cheat to choose work clothes, it's so helpful! No more ugly work outfits!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AligaterrrAligaterrr Posts: 3 New Member
    Please, please add spiral or split level staircases! it is such a hassle to find the space and one of the things I truly miss the most about sims 3.

Also Inheritance would be fantastic. So when Elders die their money is evenly split up between their children or even if there just a fixed amount they inherit.
  • Options
    akwilliamsakwilliams Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2017
    This has probably been said before, but I'd love an increase on the household size limit. I totally understand why it's currently 8. But a little bump would be nice, even just to 9.

Also gotta second the split-level/spiral stairs notion. I second it twice!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't think we can repair TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member

This has occurred in my base game at random times too, but not enough to care.
  • Options
    SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    More work from home jobs!
    More traits such as needy, self conscious, anxious, good student, rebel, ect.
    More interactive jobs! Like fashion stylist, architect, ect.
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Options
    DrDrengusDrDrengus Posts: 11 New Member
    I've been thinking a lot about this. I love the Sims, but I'm sad to say I get bored with S4 almost instantly any time I try to dive back in. But I think, for me, there are a few changes that would make the game hard to stop playing again. These changes don't come down to more activities or possessions but the way Sims are affected by each other and the world around them. I think they'd create a sense of story and unpredictability that is missing as the game currently exists.

1. Complexity in interactions: Compliment or joke with someone enough times and, boom, great friendship or romance! That sort of sometimes works in real life, but the really fun part about "playing with life" would be the more complex aspect of humanity. Some people should be able to be a bit counter-intuitive. This could be accomplished with traits like loves meanies for a masochist sim who enjoys hanging out with bad boys (or girls) and responds to mistreatment from those they're close to oppositely than most would. Or actions like manipulate for simoleons/homework/pay raise/woohoo for sims to get their way, but maybe at the cost of a long term relationship.

2. Drastic relationship consequences: That little green bar grows like a happy snail with every joke or deep conversation. But aren't there some things that happen in life that can turn our world on its head in an instant? Love at first sight - that pink meter goes to 20% before a word is spoken...but does the other sim feel the same? A snub or careless comment that makes an old friend red in the face for a while, but an inside joke could bring things back in the green. Basically it would be cool if relationships were part long-term project (as they are now) and part emotional roller-coaster.

3. Stop wandering off: Jeez louise, I'm on a date trying to have a conversation and the other sim just heads off toward the chess table on the other side of the property. Can't even find them for a while. Asked for a table, oh they're talking to the bar tender, now the date's over. Why not have sims lock in to some social activities, especially conversations, and you can break them out of it if you want, but otherwise they're, like, interested in the sim they're talking to. Stay at the camp fire a while! If you have to go use a bush, come right back.

4. Tastes: What is fun for one person may not be fun for another. Some personality types may be more attractive to you than others. At least that's how it works in real life. In the Sims, if something is fun, it is fun. For everyone. Equally. So every sim gravitates toward these fun items equally. It'd be way better if some sims enjoy computers and some don't. This could work with other sims too. Maybe a sim really likes artists. Or fellow bros. Maybe they really want to avoid mean people. Maybe they really like them.

5. expanding conversational possibilities: This already happens a little bit, but not to much effect. Wouldn't it make sense to have the first interaction bubbles that come up to be something like small talk or ask about profession, and then they expand gradually? Personality could affect what a sim is bold enough to do and when.

6. faster conversations: this is really 5a. Conversations have worked one way for so long, but what if it went boom, boom, boom, much quicker? Like you ask them about their career and they tell you, then you move on to the next subject, which could expand based on the new thing you know about them.

7. Side stories: Remember that star tab in Sims 3 that had your current side-quest goals? I don't think I realized how much that added to the game. It gave you a concrete reason to go to a certain place or accomplish a certain set of activities. Along the way, you'd get better at things or meet other sims. As it is, it just feels like you're awash in options and it doesn't really matter what you choose.

Thanks for reading. I hope maybe these ideas are useful to someone, whether that's a developer or a modder.

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I've been thinking a lot about this. I love the Sims, but I'm sad to say I get bored with S4 almost instantly any time I try to dive back in. But I think, for me, there are a few changes that would make the game hard to stop playing again. These changes don't come down to more activities or possessions but the way Sims are affected by each other and the world around them. I think they'd create a sense of story and unpredictability that is missing as the game currently exists.

1. Complexity in interactions: Compliment or joke with someone enough times and, boom, great friendship or romance! That sort of sometimes works in real life, but the really fun part about "playing with life" would be the more complex aspect of humanity. Some people should be able to be a bit counter-intuitive. This could be accomplished with traits like loves meanies for a masochist sim who enjoys hanging out with bad boys (or girls) and responds to mistreatment from those they're close to oppositely than most would. Or actions like manipulate for simoleons/homework/pay raise/woohoo for sims to get their way, but maybe at the cost of a long term relationship.

2. Drastic relationship consequences: That little green bar grows like a happy snail with every joke or deep conversation. But aren't there some things that happen in life that can turn our world on its head in an instant? Love at first sight - that pink meter goes to 20% before a word is spoken...but does the other sim feel the same? A snub or careless comment that makes an old friend red in the face for a while, but an inside joke could bring things back in the green. Basically it would be cool if relationships were part long-term project (as they are now) and part emotional roller-coaster.

3. Stop wandering off: Jeez louise, I'm on a date trying to have a conversation and the other sim just heads off toward the chess table on the other side of the property. Can't even find them for a while. Asked for a table, oh they're talking to the bar tender, now the date's over. Why not have sims lock in to some social activities, especially conversations, and you can break them out of it if you want, but otherwise they're, like, interested in the sim they're talking to. Stay at the camp fire a while! If you have to go use a bush, come right back.

4. Tastes: What is fun for one person may not be fun for another. Some personality types may be more attractive to you than others. At least that's how it works in real life. In the Sims, if something is fun, it is fun. For everyone. Equally. So every sim gravitates toward these fun items equally. It'd be way better if some sims enjoy computers and some don't. This could work with other sims too. Maybe a sim really likes artists. Or fellow bros. Maybe they really want to avoid mean people. Maybe they really like them.

5. expanding conversational possibilities: This already happens a little bit, but not to much effect. Wouldn't it make sense to have the first interaction bubbles that come up to be something like small talk or ask about profession, and then they expand gradually? Personality could affect what a sim is bold enough to do and when.

6. faster conversations: this is really 5a. Conversations have worked one way for so long, but what if it went boom, boom, boom, much quicker? Like you ask them about their career and they tell you, then you move on to the next subject, which could expand based on the new thing you know about them.

7. Side stories: Remember that star tab in Sims 3 that had your current side-quest goals? I don't think I realized how much that added to the game. It gave you a concrete reason to go to a certain place or accomplish a certain set of activities. Along the way, you'd get better at things or meet other sims. As it is, it just feels like you're awash in options and it doesn't really matter what you choose.

Thanks for reading. I hope maybe these ideas are useful to someone, whether that's a developer or a modder.

All of this!!! I agree
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Fix the Sims AI, I see Sims I create sitting in their homes most of the time and their friendships (if they are roommates) decrease rather than increase, they hardly go out unless they have a job somewhere in town, Sims Households I create that are put into the world, need to do something, they used to be so independent and wouldn't need help with anything, I remember one time I checked on a household to find a Sim having at least two or three love interests, I don't see that as much as I used to. Also bring back story progression, it was fun watching Sims in Sims 3 do fun stuff around town and read the newspaper to see who died or who got married and so on, you don't see that at all in Sims 4, so lets bring that back into the game, y'know?
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    HaleStorm87HaleStorm87 Posts: 22 Member
    What I found that would improve the game for me is better AI for non-selected Sims in my household. There is just a lot of micromanaging for every sim when they do stuff you don't want them to do and keep on cancelling actions, like watching TV or playing videos games on the computer.

For an example, one sim has the art career and I want him/her to focus just on art or doing actions that improve the career without micromanaging every sim in the household and stop them playing games on the computer when they should be working for an example.

For now, the only way to solve this is to create a club with those activities, so the AI will only do those activities.

Also, since the release of butlers, it would be nice that you can have in-house nannies too, where you can select a bed for them. Pretty much maybe the same for other services like a chef.
  • Options
    Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would like the return of jam sessions and sims dancing together like slow dancing. Still want sprinklers they make keep the gardens alive and well.

Stop the endless making of woodwork statues. It gets really annoying when I send my sim to bathing and go to another one to give them instructions and when I come back they are making a woodwork statue and stinking to high heaven.

But the really annoying thing is they don't finish the statues. They end up in my family inventory. When I tell them to finish they again stop making it and start another one.
  • Options
    laurenlovessimslaurenlovessims Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,

I really like the different things that you can grow, from herbs, fruits etc. But I think that having the ability to grow succulents would be even better! Many people really enjoy how succulents look, they are pleasing to the eye, and just make people happy. I know that there are some plants that you can place, that look like succulents, but aren't really them.

I think that it would be amazing if you could be able to order the “succulent plant pack”, and have many many different plants that come in that pack, including:
    Haworthia fasciata
    Echinocactus grusonii
    San Pedro cactus
    Haworthia cooperi
    Haworthia cooperi
    Hens and chicks
    Bunny ears
    And many more!!

I also think that after you grow them fully, you should be able to place them in a different array of pots. Also, it is very common to place more than one succulent into a pot, to make it a “garden”. It would be cool if you could choose to put the plants in a singular pot or a pot with 2,3,4 or 5 spots. When you click on the put, to fill it up, you can place the plant in any open spot and arrange them the way you want. When you are buying the pot, you could pick a pot with 1,2,3,4 or 5 spots for a plant and pick the color, (ex: black, white or the clay pot color)

This would be awesome if you made this as a free game update, I know that many players would love this, and it would make many people be even more excited to play sims 4 if you made this update.

Thanks for your time!!

-Lauren
  • Options
    Hetake07Hetake07 Posts: 1 New Member
    If you are asking for anything other than build mode improvements, get out. Don't waste time asking for things that have already been fixed by the modders. Sims used to have a build mode that could practically be used as a professional CAD program. Literally all EA had to do was take sims 2 and increase the poly count and texture resolution. The best way to describe TS4 build mode is with its initials of B.M. I just want curved walls and terrain editing. The armature devs making astroneer have managed to include that much in their game, but apparently the well seasoned programmers at EA and maxis cant
  • Options
    airotiaairotia Posts: 8 New Member
    My biggest issue with TS4 is that there aren't enough aspirations. Seriously, TS3 had SO MANY and I really enjoyed how much variety there was. TS4 needs to have an aspiration suited for every career and every path of every career (with extras along the way besides just hitting skill levels). Also maybe unlocks besides just aspiration points for fulfilling different aspirations?

Also a way for a Sim to "check out" another Sim or have some kind of compatibility check. Sims 2 had scoping out a room (as well as likes/dislikes) and Sims 3 had Zodiac (which I didn't like as much), and my rule for variety of Sims dated was just the first person my Sim thought was hot. Now I can almost force together any two Sims if I try hard enough, which isn't as fun or organic.
  • Options
    tuxedo94tuxedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Could we get a couple romantic dance ? I'd love to see my couple dancing by the fire taring at each other .... ♥
  • Options
    JJWildesJJWildes Posts: 12 New Member
    As I have seen said by many people is they need to fix some of the small things that we had with s2 and s3. For example: Detention, having a child get detention for skipping school or not doing homework after awhile. I understand that they are focusing more on the bigger picture to bring cool things that we haven't seen before, but adding some more of those little things in updates and game packs will help the game be played more often.
  • Options
    itsmejoy7itsmejoy7 Posts: 17 New Member
    help my sims keep disappearing off my family tree its hard to make a legacy with out important sims on the sims 4 they aren't anywhere not even in household management. PLZ HELP!!!!
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2017
    ETA: wrong thread
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    ETA: wrong thread
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “