Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch & Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    So... plantsims are temporary?

Once you collect all of the beans your sim may transform to a plantsim an will stay as a plantsim for 5 days. Then sims need to eat another plant or whatever it is to become a plantsim for another 5 sim days
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can anyone help me please? I can't find them. I thought they were supposed to passing by my sim's house. They are not. She lives in San Myshuno.

Did you find Jasmine? She usually hangs out in the community garden in WC near the poor side of town next to the railroad tracks and lumber yard.

Yes i called her on phone. She came at my sim's and gave her that trunk. I placed it in her garden but I didn't meet any plantsims yet. I even went to the Myshuno Medows and still haven't met any of them :(

You may have to give the game time to generate them since it will have to cull a few if you are near the limit of Sims allowed in your game. ETA: But if it were me I would travel to WC, all new worlds seem to not work the way WC does.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Something to add this does not affect toddlers
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I gotta make a Seymour Krelborn. I like the idea of the magic beans myself. Plant sims were never a favorite of mine but I'm kind of excited about this for now.
    Not to sure I'm happy there is not egg hunt/ growfruit tree thing this year.. but something different is good.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Once you collect all of the beans your sim may transform to a plantsim an will stay as a plantsim for 5 days. Then sims need to eat another plant or whatever it is to become a plantsim for another 5 sim days

Thank you for your answer. :) But I meant, in six months will I be able to make a new plantsim?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Thank you for your answer. :) But I meant, in six months will I be able to make a new plantsim?

not from cas, but you'll be able to turn a sim into a plantsim with the fruit from the tree, yes.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    I made a quick test and there seems to be little improvement about swimming. "Swim laps" is still cancelled after a few moments, but it has returned as an autonomous wish and some NPC sims jump into the pool to talk. I hope this is not only a coincidence and they keep working on this issue. Sims still walk and stand on waterslides like always since CL.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2017
    Can anyone help me please? I can't find them. I thought they were supposed to passing by my sim's house. They are not. She lives in San Myshuno.

Did you find Jasmine? She usually hangs out in the community garden in WC near the poor side of town next to the railroad tracks and lumber yard.

Yes i called her on phone. She came at my sim's and gave her that trunk. I placed it in her garden but I didn't meet any plantsims yet. I even went to the Myshuno Medows and still haven't met any of them :(

You may have to give the game time to generate them since it will have to cull a few if you are near the limit of Sims allowed in your game. ETA: But if it were me I would travel to WC, all new worlds seem to not work the way WC does.

So I moved my sim to Willow Creek to my vacation bungalow and look who she has met
    13._4._2017_20-45-09.png

THANKS for your help. It is much appreciated.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I hope a modder will be able to make being a PlantSim permanent, we still need more life states.

@MrMonty96 Possible if plantsims can age up normally and keep their plantsim buff. They're certainly not a proper occult life state, but just a temporary trait / buff.
    If it's the case, making them permanent could have negative side effects.
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Mortimer Goth was running around in Willow Creek looking normal at first, then he talked to Jasmine and turned green. Wonder what she said to make him feel ill? :)
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I wonder what happens if aliens or vampires eat the fruit.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    What, no Pets again?

I was expecting them in February's patch.

Why on Earth would pets come in a patch? It's not like pets were ever included in a Base game, prior. The reason we got toddlers in the patch is because from Sims2- Sims3, they were included in the base game. plopppo, I sometimes wonder about you. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Be warned the tree is absolutely mahoosive.
    massive%20tree.jpg
    I had to MOO to get it to fit on the tiny lot my sims house is on.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've never bothered with these challenges before but this I though I'd try. I met Jasmine Holiday, got the planter or whatever it is called and after dawdling round the park I met a green plantsim on a path around it, said a friendly hello and got my first bean so I'm off to get some more.

BTW: I don't know why but somehow Windows 10 has changed back my default browser to Edge after this patch and I couldn't use Internet Explorer until I changed the default and restarted Windows again. (not due to update as I did that on Tuesday).
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Be warned the tree is absolutely mahoosive.
    massive%20tree.jpg
    I had to MOO to get it to fit on the tiny lot my sims house is on.
    Wow, now that's impressive and big. It kind of reminds me of the tree that's the gateway to Sylvan Glade. How many tiles does this tree take up when it's fully matured?
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Ooooh, pretty <3 Looks like a tree made for fairies.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Wow, now that's impressive and big. It kind of reminds me of the tree that's the gateway to Sylvan Glade. How many tiles does this tree take up when it's fully matured?
    12. I had the weird berry, cancelled plant sim by mistake and have had loads of fossils and crystals but no berry again yet.

• Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    Ooooh, pretty <3 Looks like a tree made for fairies.
    That's what I thought of the tree that's the gateway to Sylvan Glade too. I thought of fairies back when I first saw that tree, back in 2014 when I first started playing Sims 4. Which is probably why the tree in this new Spring challenge reminds me so much of the Sylvan Glade tree. Both trees look like something that fairies would live in. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,934 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    What, no Pets again?

I was expecting them in February's patch.

Why on Earth would pets come in a patch? It's not like pets were ever included in a Base game, prior. The reason we got toddlers in the patch is because from Sims2- Sims3, they were included in the base game. plopppo, I sometimes wonder about you. ;)

It was just a joke. Gave me a chuckle. :)
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I wonder what happens if aliens or vampires eat the fruit.
    Testing with an Alien now. Still need 3 more Magic Beans.
    My game is temporarily changing Townies into PlantSims instead of adding new Sims.
    After meeting a couple I formed a club and added Sims in their PlantSim stage.
    Be sure to get them in the correct emotion before asking for a Magic Bean
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »
    12. I had the weird berry, cancelled plant sim by mistake and have had loads of fossils and crystals but no berry again yet.
    12 tiles, eeeeeee! I was hoping that it was a bit smaller. Because it looks like I might have to rearrange my Irish vampire's garden. Her garden is big, and full of stuff. Particularly full of harvested plants. She has every single harvestable plant in the game, every single one.
    Perhaps this might be the best excuse to build another underground house that I have been itching to build lately.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I think the update is cute and everything but I really hope they don't plan on keeping these plant sims as "real" plant sims. I hope at least later on they add in real plant sims or they at least update these ones. I love plant sims in the series but if this is all we are getting of them for the sims 4 I will be extremely disappointed.
  • Options
    CeltiaChanCeltiaChan Posts: 36 Member
    I hope someday we will get real plant sims. It is a cute event but i want plant sims in sims 3 style. :)
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I accidentally turned my sims into a plantsim which kinda defeated the purpose of the challenge so now I have to figure out how to turn him back
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I accidentally turned my sims into a plantsim which kinda defeated the purpose of the challenge so now I have to figure out how to turn him back
    Sorry to say, you can't. You just have ride it out, I think that they said that it last only five days in the game. And then sim reverts back to their normal self. Or you'll have to restart your game from the last save point. Providing that you didn't save after they were turned into a plantsim.