Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Got a new download if anyone s interested?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9070785

It is to celebrate 20 years of the merging of Brighton and Hove in April 1997 which has these 'painted ladies' as seen in the last picture :smile:

*runs off and downloads* Awesome! Can't wait to see what it looks like in game! :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Tremayne4260 Thanks I hope that you enjoy it :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Ooh, has this thread turned French? My most favourite subject at school was French, haven't done any since then though.

Anyway, back to family play - I have been playing my RV family the past few days. They were at the Summer Festival today.

Dad.
    192.jpg?dl=0

Mum.
    193.jpg?dl=0

Teen (with his girlfriend, Elsa Bjergsen).
    196.jpg?dl=0

And here's mum and teen with youngest son before they all went home.
    199.jpg?dl=0

Cool tractor or tiller or whatever that machine was. Nice pictures.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    Ooh, has this thread turned French? My most favourite subject at school was French, haven't done any since then though.

Anyway, back to family play - I have been playing my RV family the past few days. They were at the Summer Festival today.

Dad.
    192.jpg?dl=0

Mum.
    193.jpg?dl=0

196.jpg?dl=0

199.jpg?dl=0

There is the same paint for TS4. :open_mouth:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Yeah the teases only show the theme, not the gameplay so we will see. @ trashmagic

Yeah I'm waiting to see too. I'm a bit wary with this iteration on getting too excited or buying straight away. But I can't wait to see what everyone says :)
    Typical that they would bring out a teaser for family play just when I decided to uninstall ts4 lol. I will have to watch this space and see if it appeals.

@Jenzup thanks! That is the tractor from the store.

@comicsforlife I thought freeplay was ... well... free to play? That daycare thing looks so cool. That game gets so much good stuff.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yeah the teases only show the theme, not the gameplay so we will see. @ trashmagic

Yeah I'm waiting to see too. I'm a bit wary with this iteration on getting too excited or buying straight away. But I can't wait to see what everyone says :)
    Typical that they would bring out a teaser for family play just when I decided to uninstall ts4 lol. I will have to watch this space and see if it appeals.

@comicsforlife I thought freeplay was ... well... free to play? That daycare thing looks so cool. That game gets so much good stuff.

you don't get any good stuff if you play for free you get way less then any sims base game .@elaboration
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 It would be wise to 'wait until you have seen reviews' before jumping into anything TS4 for a while. I know that things are not as bad as they used to be but I am yet to see any real wow factor from TS4.

Really the wow factor should have been in the base game, not two and a half years later in a patch

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Freeplay runs under the micro transaction model. Because people see small amounts of cost attached to advancing in game they get drawn into paying out a lot more than sometimes they realise. It's very lucrative for EA but perhaps not the best value for an immersive experience for the player.

An interesting article for you is here and it discusses the issues for the gamers and for the industry.
    https://gamerant.com/free-to-play-games-changing-gaming-industry/

With a quote from Peter Moore from EA 'Peter Moore, COO of EA, told Kotaku that he believes that microtransactions will one day be a part of every game'

that would be aawful :#
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Freeplay runs under the micro transaction model. Because people see small amounts of cost attached to advancing in game they get drawn into paying out a lot more than sometimes they realise. It's very lucrative for EA but perhaps not the best value for an immersive experience for the player.

An interesting article for you is here and it discusses the issues for the gamers and for the industry.

With a quote from Peter Moore from EA 'Peter Moore, COO of EA, told Kotaku that he believes that microtransactions will one day be a part of every game'

If The Sims is funded by micro transactions then I am not interested. I already boycotted TS4 due to it being so watered down but I do not fancy buying parts of a basegame in the future :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Don't get me wrong but I do play Free To Play games, I usually don't spend much on them as I usually try to use my skill to get through them (they are usually pretty simplistic and I haven't spent more than $10 bucks on any of them so they aren't making as much money as I've spent and will continue to spend on Sims) I hope their wrong about this cause I feel like we'll be losing more in depth game play. I play a Free To Play decorating game but it in NO way shape or form rivals Sims.

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hello just a quick question, how to have fun with toddlers in the sims 3 ? I love this little sims they are adorable but they are under everything in this game.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Hello just a quick question, how to have fun with toddlers in the sims 3 ? I love this little sims they are adorable but they are under everything in this game.
    Not exactly sure what you mean... are your toddlers being a bit too mischievous? You could always build them a playpen in the garden by using a fence with no gate and fill the inside with toys for them :p

I just get them to play with the blocks or some other toys if my sims are busy, or if someone has time to be with them they will teach them things like looking at flashcards with them or reading them a story. Toddlers like watching tv with a grown-up too, and dancing beside them to a stereo.

Sometimes I just let them run riot to see what they will get up to on their own.
  • Options

Sounds realistic. Do you all like the way toddlers have played so far? I just bought my game not too long ago so I haven't got that far. I got one of my sims pregnant and then accidentally rotated houses and missed the toddler stage thanks to story progression. I have another save I think that I could go back to try it out.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2017
    Speaking about playpens, I did upload this daycare into the Gallery. It is a community lot made just for toddlers to enjoy.
    It has a sandbox playpen with it. It is a 20x20 lot size, so should fit almost anywhere. https://www.thesims.com/gallery/E16B9C8DE02311E68770A009AE90941D?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=#BobSquad&max=50&maxis=false
    02.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm excited for the family GP. So far, those packs have never dissapointed me and I love the theme (what a surprise)' Just wish, they would dash out more EPS that are better themed. We get them so rarely and their content just doesn't add enough substance.
  • Options
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    I'm excited for the family GP. So far, those packs have never dissapointed me and I love the theme (what a surprise)' Just wish, they would dash out more EPS that are better themed. We get them so rarely and their content just doesn't add enough substance.
    I'm excited too, though I am also sad because if we get a family gp then I doubt if we will get a generations ep.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

Buy childrens books, take it out of the bookshelf and put it on the floor for them to read :)

Dad.
    192.jpg?dl=0

Mum.
    193.jpg?dl=0

196.jpg?dl=0

199.jpg?dl=0

There is the same paint for TS4. :open_mouth:

I feel like the teens in TS3 are way younger than the teens in TS4. If they can bring us TS3 teens with TS2 teen problems I'd be so happy, even as a preteen stage. Also #freethebabies
    I'm excited too, though I am also sad because if we get a family gp then I doubt if we will get a generations ep.

Hopefully we get preteens and #freethebabies
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

Does that worry you for a particular reason? I think the game packs are better because ( as intended) they approach the issue in depth. I've got some toddlers and kids atm and I keep thinking should I do something else and wait for the pack before aging them up!! At least we are certain to get some new toddlers cas and hair !
  • Options

Does that worry you for a particular reason? I think the game packs are better because ( as intended) they approach the issue in depth. I've got some toddlers and kids atm and I keep thinking should I do something else and wait for the pack before aging them up!! At least we are certain to get some new toddlers cas and hair !
    I am glad they are at least dedicating a game pack for us, I'm just not sure how much stuff they will fit into it with it being a game pack.

I wonder how long we will have to wait before we get more info on it.
  • Options
    I have a new video up if anyone is interested? :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na3STvp-2jw&t=5s
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Nice video @king_of_simcity7 oh how I miss the sims 3 beach
  • Options
    @cherpar Thanks for the feedback :smile: