Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Did You Vote?

Comments

• Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    1. Starter Home Stuff - I really want space-saving items!
    2. Arcade Stuff - Having another outside activity and a potential teen lot interests me
    3. Eco Living Stuff - I'm curious what the home technology would be
    4. Dangerous Stuff - I usually do Legacy Challenges so having funerals would really add to the story. Plus some random potential deaths would be nice.
    5. Wedding Stuff - Even though I almost always do generational play, I don't put much focus on the weddings. A few more dresses would be nice but otherwise I'm fine with how the weddings are.

I'd be pretty happy with any of them, except Wedding stuff which is kind of "meh" to me. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    A little side question here. For real, why would anyone really want Starter Home stuff? xD Like if it is for the murphy beds and stuff, I don't see how it couldn't just be included an expansion pack like University. I don't quite get the 'worthiness' of this pack much.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    A little side question here. For real, why would anyone really want Starter Home stuff? xD Like if it is for the murphy beds and stuff, I don't see how it couldn't just be included an expansion pack like University. I don't quite get the 'worthiness' of this pack much.

I want it because most of the residences I build that I actually play in are starter homes, or at least begin that way. It happens when you don't cheat in money. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Perhaps they're doing University differently this time around. It really depends on what objects they end up including in the SP, which we won't know about for a while. I'm always happy with more Buy objects because decorating homes is a big part of Sims for me, plus I really want some smaller (1 tile) items. But lucky for you it seems most users don't have it at the top of their lists. :D

Edit: And it would be great if the style for the furniture were IKEA-inspired, like someone mentioned elsewhere. I actually didn't even think about Murphy beds, I just wanted 1 tile furniture.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

Because some simmers play poor/homeless families. Starter furniture would be cheaper, beat up looking, and space saving for smaller homes. This could include ladders and spiral staircases instead of huge honking staircases that take up so much room. Less happy moodlets so your sims aren't wandering around grinning like fools because the stuff isn't the best. And they also mentioned some flea market or home garage sale thing that sounded interesting.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    @SageRainWillow I also noticed the yard sale thing, but was wondering if it would be too similar to the flea market. I think if they had it at individual Sim houses, it would be more interesting. And the potential to find yard-sale exclusive items. I was hoping they would do that for the flea market (exclusive items) because after my Sims got enough money, there was really no reason for me to visit the flea market again.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    @SageRainWillow I also noticed the yard sale thing, but was wondering if it would be too similar to the flea market. I think if they had it at individual Sim houses, it would be more interesting. And the potential to find yard-sale exclusive items. I was hoping they would do that for the flea market (exclusive items) because after my Sims got enough money, there was really no reason for me to visit the flea market again.

I interpreted it to mean we would have some kind of money making option at home, but I could be wrong. We can already pop a table down and have yard sales, so maybe the team is considering adding some new ways to create sellable objects?

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

Perhaps they're doing University differently this time around. It really depends on what objects they end up including in the SP, which we won't know about for a while. I'm always happy with more Buy objects because decorating homes is a big part of Sims for me, plus I really want some smaller (1 tile) items. But lucky for you it seems most users don't have it at the top of their lists. :D

Edit: And it would be great if the style for the furniture were IKEA-inspired, like someone mentioned elsewhere. I actually didn't even think about Murphy beds, I just wanted 1 tile furniture.

Well, unlucky for me, Eco-Living seems to be winning xD R.I.P Dangerous Stuff (kinda ironic to say RIP to a pack about death)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    [quote="SageRainWillow;15663163"This could include ladders and spiral staircases instead of huge honking staircases that take up so much room. [/quote]
    I never thought of those. You just got me way more interested in that pack.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    I voted as:

1. Arcade
    2. Starter Home
    3. Eco Living
    4. Wedding
    5. Dangerous

:smile:
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options

Well, unlucky for me, Eco-Living seems to be winning xD R.I.P Dangerous Stuff (kinda ironic to say RIP to a pack about death)

How do you know Eco is winning? There are just as many convos going on about Dangerous. And that is all anecdotal evidence. Not everyone voting is chatting. Personally I'm rooting for Eco, but I think it's too close to call. And this doesn't mean they don't have plans for the others. It just chooses the very next theme.

• Options

I interpreted it to mean we would have some kind of money making option at home, but I could be wrong. We can already pop a table down and have yard sales, so maybe the team is considering adding some new ways to create sellable objects?

Perhaps; I'm not sure how many different meanings "yard-sale" can have. What makes an item a yard-sale item? Maybe they're coming up with new collections? Like vintage cars, trains, sports cards...who knows. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited April 2017
    I voted pretty much the same (Arcade) as @Xoxk9 otherwise I risk losing her love for me. :fearful:
    (Turns out we voted the same for our top choice, so I'm good.)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    1.Dangerous Stuff
    2. Eco Living Stuff
    3. Wedding Stuff
    4.Arcade Stuff
    5. Starter Home Stuff
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited April 2017
    1. Dangerous Stuff
    2. Starter Home Stuff
    3. Eco Living Stuff
    4. Wedding Stuff
    5. Arcade Stuff

But honestly, I only really care for the first two. I'd like to have something new, not laundry once again. My Sims marry far more rarely than they die, so the wedding pack isn't really useful for me :D
    And arcades aren't that interesting at all, I'd rather have game changing features like what Dangerous Stuff will offer.
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    I'm sorry, I'm only certain about the order of the first two, I voted really late at night.

1. Dangerous Stuff
    2. Eco Stuff
    3. Wedding Stuff
    4. Arcade Stuff
    5. Starter Home Stuff
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I hope I remember this correctly. Maybe I switched 2 and 3 but I am not quite sure.

1. Eco
    2. Starter
    3. Dangerous
    4. Wedding
    5. Arcade
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KHarpoolKHarpool Posts: 56 Member
    1. Dangerous Stuff (We all love Grimmie)
    2. Eco Stuff
    3. Arcade
    4. Starter Home
    5. Wedding (Because there kinda already is wedding stuff)
  • Options
    _Mogway_Mogway Posts: 56 Member
    1 dangerous
    2 starter
    3 eco
    4 arcade
    5 wedding
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I was tempted by "dangerous" but with it being a stuff pack rather than the type of pack that could deeply change the tone of the game (eg I doubt a stuff pack could add illness or deeper grieving processes or even prophetic intuition from the occult), I went for arcade stuff on the basis that it seemed the most suitable for a few extra objects with some related new activities. We seriously need some smaller single-person slot machines! I can't wait to vote for pinball machines when the time comes :D
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    1. Eco Living Stuff
    2. Dangerous Stuff
    3. Starter Home Stuff
    4. Arcade Stuff
    5. Wedding Stuff
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    WaterwomanWaterwoman Posts: 2 New Member
    1. Eco Living Stuff
    2. Dangerous Stuff
    3. Arcade Stuff
    4. Starter Home Stuff
    5. Wedding Stuff
  • Options
    ResiVanSchweetzResiVanSchweetz Posts: 1 New Member
    1. Wedding
    2. Eco Living
    3. Dangerous
    4. Arcade
    5. Starter Home
  • Options
    FayAlabriFayAlabri Posts: 5 New Member
    My choices:
    1. Eco Living Stuff (because wow)
    2. Dangerous Stuff (because we want some excitements)
    3. Starter Home Stuff (because yard sale)
    4. Wedding Stuff (because why not)
    5. Arcade Stuff (because we have enough gaming stuff)

• Options
    CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    I voted....

1. Starter Home Stuff
    2. Arcade Stuff
    3. Dangerous Stuff
    4. Eco Living Stuff
    5. Wedding Stuff

I'm really hoping for the Starter Home Stuff to win, space saving items, pre-owned things sound cool. A nice bit of grit and grunge for The Sims! Everything can look too fancy and new, especially when making a poor family/run down building.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top