Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Did You Vote?

Comments

• Options
    karineb.21karineb.21 Posts: 14 New Member
    I went with:

1. Eco Living
    2. Wedding
    3. Dangerous
    4. Starter
    5. Arcade

I would be a little disappointed with Arcade because I think the last packs had a lot of gaming/geek stuff in them. I'm a die hard geek but I would love to see more realistic stuff added like in Eco Living such as laundry and Solar energy looks interesting.
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited April 2017
    I went for...

1. Dangerous
    2. Eco Living
    3. Starter
    4. Arcade
    5. Wedding

I love the supernatural side of the sims so Dangerous is really appealing but I also like the idea of the Eco Living pack giving sims solar panels and other sources of energy. (and space saving furniture from the starter pack sounds like it has potential)

Arcade and Wedding seem to me like the kind of stuff packs EA/Maxis would be making anyway without our input. Dangerous, Eco Living and Starter seem like something more out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    Lolzorinspace101Lolzorinspace101 Posts: 1 New Member
    1.Wedding
    Starter
    Eco living
    Arcade
    Dangerous
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    1. Eco Living Stuff
    2. Dangerous Stuff
    3. Wedding Stuff
    4. Arcade Stuff
    5. Starter Home Stuff
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Not sure if this is allowed but how did you vote?
    Voting is April 3-April 6.

Survey_zps7o6hm9kg.png

My choices:
    1. Eco Living Stuff
    2. Arcade Stuff
    3. Starter Home Stuff
    4. Wedding Stuff
    5. Dangerous Stuff

I voted with confidence thank you for asking :)
  • Options
    ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    1- Wedding
    2- Dangerous
    3- Eco Living
    4- Starter Home
    5- Arcade

Kind of surprised a little at everyone's choices.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Options
    LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    Am I the only one who the poll doesn't show up for? Tried both on laptop and mobile but it doesn't show up on the page
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    None of the options was really appealing to me in all honesty, so I voted more having in mind which ones I really wouldn't care for. This is my vote:

My choices:

1. Arcade Stuff (I need things for my teens so I take what I can get)
    2. Dangerous Stuff (with the focused on funerals it could be interesting)
    3. Starter Home Stuff (meh)
    4. Eco Living Stuff (laundry is boring)
    5. Wedding Stuff (I couldn't care less about wedding and my Sims always elope)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    1)Dangerous Stuff
    2)Wedding Stuff
    3)Eco Living
    4)Starter Home
    5)Arcade
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Honestly, the only thing that sounded appealing to me in any of the packs was laundry. So mine went like this:

1. Eco Living Stuff
    2. Starter Home Stuff
    3. Arcade Stuff
    4. Wedding Stuff
    5. Dangerous Stuff
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    1) Eco Living
    2) Dangerous Stuff
    3) Starter Home
    4) Arcade Stuff
    5) Wedding Stuff
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    1. Eco
    2. Starter
    3. Dangerous
    4. Wedding
    5. Arcade
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    tikithedragontikithedragon Posts: 20 New Member
    1. Eco Living
    2. Arcade
    3. Starter
    4. Wedding
    5. Dangerous
  • Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    1.Dangerous
    2.Wedding
    3.Eco
    4.Arcade
    5.Starter
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited April 2017
    Monaveil wrote: »
    My votes:

1. Arcade Stuff
    2. Dangerous Stuff
    3. Starter Home Stuff
    4. Eco Living Stuff
    5. Wedding Stuff

Same here. While I was all for the cultural diversity mentioned in Wedding Stuff, I felt like weddings are a one time thing (and for my Sims, a never thing 'cause I can't get them to work). I felt like I would use Arcade Stuff the most.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited April 2017
    ENolan wrote: »
    Is it not kind of counterproductive to share our votes? I know no one holds any real influence and EA will decide the pack despite the results, but if there's even a chance of swaying...

So you think the poll is just a gimmick and they have no intention of letting us select the theme?

I did not say that nor did I imply that. I was simply adhering to the Legal Disclaimer:
    While your votes will help us determine what we may include in this stuff pack, EA will make the final decision.

Any perspective can skew what a person sees this as. I was simply looking at this objectively, particularly because of this FAQ question:
    Q: Why can't I see how many people have voted for certain options?
    A: To keep the voting from being skewed by malicious intent, we are keeping the number of votes on any particular section hidden.
    ENolan wrote: »
    Is it not kind of counterproductive to share our votes? I know no one holds any real influence and EA will decide the pack despite the results, but if there's even a chance of swaying...

I like that I'm seeing just how varied our responses are. It lets me feel that any pack they end up picking from this will have a group of people who really want it. It's so easy to assume that other people like what I do.

And that's perfectly fine and something I understand. This is a far greater option than the surveys that were emailed beforehand as people can vote freely without answering a shutdown question. I noticed myself that no one has voted in my particular fashion and that's cool by me; I still had my own vote and felt I contributed my bit for the time being.
    Post edited by ENolan on
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think that disclaimer was just that - so if something unexpected crops up and they can't deliver exactly according to our votes, we can't start suing them.
  • Options
    mjh4025mjh4025 Posts: 26 Member
    1. Dangerous
    2. Starter
    3. Arcade
    4. Wedding
    5. Eco
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I voted:

1. Eco-Living Stuff

This contains two things of my wish list: laundry and eco-friendly features. I like laundry because it is something very realistic and the everyday (slightly mundane) things were what attracted me to the original game all those years ago! I'd like more chores particularly for families or households that need to work a little bit harder to get by (rich Sims would just have their butler do it). This gives me more story-telling features like 'the single mum who has to hold down a part-time job while looking after her slob daughter'. I'd also like things like raking leaf piles when we get Seasons, or shovelling snow.

I'd also like a launderette venue, for people in tiny apartments or trailers who don't have space for their own washer & dryer. I do actually have a pretend launderette in my game already and it gives me a new place for my Sims to hang around and meet people. It also happens to be a front for my criminals' money laundering business because puns.

I'd like something similar to TS3 laundry where Sims will drop clothing piles when they get changed but only when I place clothing baskets on the lot. And I'd like a couple of options for the machines: retro styled machines that break down often, and shiny modern machines for the more well-off sims. I'd like mechanics options on them to make them break less often, do faster cycles, and to have eco-friendly upgrades.

I'd also like for the washer/dryer to tie into eco-friendly features. There could be an eco-friendly trait and these Sims would prefer to hang their washing on a line. I'd love composting to make a comeback too, with some kind of extra-nutritious fertiliser.

So yep... I really would like this pack!

2. Arcade Stuff

I'd really like more arcade machines. I particularly would like to be able to collect tickets and trade them in for random interesting junk and souvenirs like in TS1 On Vacation. I'd like games that would double up well for vacation or festival/fair settings, like the love tester, test-your-strength, bop-it games, and some kind of ring-toss. But I'd also be happy with more electronic games too. Things like the dance machine could be fun to watch!

3. Starter Home Stuff

This made me think of Ikea, and I'd like that kind of low-budget but stylish furniture. Especially if it added to the mid-century modern content. Maybe a cheap kitchen or bedroom set? I also like the idea of more space saving furniture. Weealbet mentioned a sofa-bed on Twitter and I would love that! It would be perfect for studio apartments and student rooms if we get Uni. And it's more functional than a murphy bed as it's multi-functional. I miss the all-in-one bathroom a lot as well. I'd also like more 1-tile dressers and smaller bookshelves.

4. Wedding Stuff

I think this will be popular. I personally don't need much more wedding customisation at this point, but it is a nice idea and it could be interesting to be able to plan a wedding. I'd like to be able to hire a photographer NPC actually. It would be fun to have a wedding or party planner active career as well, but that might be better suited to a Gen type expansion.

5. Dangerous Stuff.

I have absolutely no need for this. I don't think I would buy it. I have my Sims lives carefully mapped out so random death is just a nuisance to me as I have to rage quit without saving and start playing again. I actually modded out a ton of random deaths from TS3. I get upset when Sims die as well so... nope. No, thank you. The only thing that interests me is the idea of funerals and having a graveyard, as I know that is something a lot of legacy players have been interested in getting back, and I use graveyards as church venues. But it's not something I need as I'm finding current content is adequate for now, for example clubs or groups for funerals and speeches at the podium. However, I do see that some players like the chaos and darker content. It's just not something I would choose to add to my game.
  • Options
    Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    edited April 2017
    1. Dangerous Stuff
    2. Eco Living Stuff
    3. Wedding Stuff
    4. Arcade Stuff
    5. Starter Home Stuff
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • Options
    SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    1) Arcade Stuff (loved arcade items in Sims 3)
    2) Dangerous Stuff (Atm when Sims die it's a bit pointless, I'd love to see funerals be a thing)
    3) Eco Stuff (I have a thing for wind turbines)
    4) starter home stuff (I like the idea of space saving items)
    5) wedding stuff ( WE HAVE ENOUGH WEDDING STUFF EA ITS RELEADES WITH EVERY 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EXPANSION)

But that's just my opinion :')
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    1. Eco
    2. Dangerous
    3. Wedding
    4. Arcade
    5. Starter Home
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options