Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EPs / GPs / SPs you regret buying?

Comments

• Options
    AyrellAyrell Posts: 40 Member
    I am a bit of a completist so I usually buy every pack that comes out, but I can't really say I regret any of those purchases... There are always some things that I use more than others but I appreciate all the additions, especially considering that I prefer to stay low on CC!
    Besides, there is content I might not use normally but that may become useful when trying challenges, for example.
    I believe the only pack I did not get was the Katy Perry one back in the TS3 era.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't have spooky stuff, cool kitchen, or spa day. (I've thought about getting the kitchen one for the ice cream, though). Anyways I don't regret anything that I have bought because I looked into each one and bought them when I had the extra money. With that said there are a few that I use less than others... like the vampire pack, city life, and I probably won't use bowling as much either. But I buy packs based on CAS and build items. I use those things probably more than some of the premium content they come with.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Get To Work is what I regret. I was so seriously disappointed in the retail system, especially compared to Open For Business. And while I liked the idea of active careers, they're extremely buggy. If it had been done well, it would have been my favorite pack. :'(
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i regret everything TS4 i bought

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i do not regret buying everything related to sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    No regrets here! Still waiting for seasons and pets !!
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    No regrets so far.

However in TS3 I found out I did not really like Supernatural stuff. So I did not decide to get Vampires this time.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't regret anything now. For a long while, I didn't use almost anything from GTW but now I have a few sims in those careers.

Eventually, I get around to incorporating more of the various content. I only get them if I can see specifically how I will use whatever a theme is but sometimes I surprise myself. I do think I'll pick up a few more of the SPs that I don't have eventually.

I'm usually a pretty decisive shopper though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I don't regret it, but if I had to choose a pack that I get the least amount of use from it would be the vampire one. It's not really my thing so I only really bought it for the objects.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Some days I regret Get Together. I have no use for clubs. I actually hate them with a passion. The things I use most is the furniture and Windenburg. That said, it's not a constant feeling of regret just some days I wonder if it was worth it. No issues with any others.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    none because the packs like hallowen stuff pack which I didn't want I waited until it went on sale so win win either way
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    I don't know if I regret getting it, but I use it the least: Vampires. Was in love with it when I saw the trailers and all the game play. I got it and played with my vampire like 4 times then moved on. Strangely, I now find myself debating on buying Luxury Party just for the buffet table and I thought that pack was a waste at first.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I only have GTW and Vampires right now, but I don't regret buying either. The furniture in Vampires is amazing as well as the scientist career.

I've thinking about buying Romantic Garden Stuff for a while now. And I also need Get Together. Let's see if those are regrettable (I doubt it).
  • Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Romantic Garden - Only used the wishing well once (I miss the quirkiness/animations of TS2/TS3's wishing well), and I'm not a fan of the clothes in that pack. The fountain and overall decor is pretty though - helps when you download lots from the gallery.
    I second this criticism! The wishing fountain in TS2 was so much fun. I love how Mrs. CrumpleBottom crawled out when a you wished for romance and it failed lmao. I do love TS4 fountain for the amount of outcomes - there's just so many more interactions, and I generally love the aesthetic of it, even if some of TS2 animations were funnier. This has also reminded me of how much I miss Mrs. CrumpleBottom and the Garden Club from TS2, though. :/
    I will say, I feel like it's an improvement over the fountain from TS3... but that one was quite fun too.
  • Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    The only pack I really regret buying was the Get to Work EP. That expansion was not fleshed out enough. Cue list of reasons I regret buying:

•I love the concept of alien abduction and sickness, but they don't occur frequently enough, and you should be able to go to the hospital for checking up on symptoms etc.
    •I wish we could go to the work locations at any time we wanted, without having to be part of a job. And why can't normal sims use the chemistry lab or invention machine?
    •The jobs themselves felt a little haphazardly done; I wish detective was better, and I miss the whole moral aspect of it from TS3 Ambitions. The jobs just don't make as much sense and get repetitive after doing it for a few sim weeks as what you do has no impact on the game whatsoever.
    •One of my major disappointments was the retail aspect, as I was expecting TS2 Open for Business but it was nowhere near to that level of quality - and there's no reason why sims shouldn't be able to open up their business at home.
    •The recent Vampires GP also made me upset for how limited in scope the alien lifestate is. And why is Sixam so boring? There is endless possibility for an alien world, and all that was delivered was a new secret location.

Overall it's a really disappointing EP that I could live without. It's a shame really, as a little more work and some small tweaks here and there could have made this EP amazing. I do use the CAS and build objects, but the majority of the pack is just sub-par. I did buy it on sale though, so I can't be too mad.

As a sidenote, does anyone else wish that since toddlers were released after all of this content that The Sims team would go back and add content for toddlers for each pack? I know there's no chance of it happening but since the life stage should have been there since base game and because there's such little customisation for toddlers, I feel like at least one item for each game pack would be good enough. I mean, they added alien diapers for Get to Work. :#
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    All they need to do now is bring out pets and seasons and I'm set.

Yup! Pretty much this, everything else is just extra for me now honestly.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Ayrell wrote: »
    I am a bit of a completist so I usually buy every pack that comes out, but I can't really say I regret any of those purchases.

This is me, too. I don't use spooky stuff. Other than the black floors, I couldn't even tell you what's in it. I bought it on sale, so only paid around $7 for it. I don't regret it, but I don't use it either.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The only regret I have with buying some of them is not waiting for a price drop.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    Some days I regret Get Together. I have no use for clubs. I actually hate them with a passion. The things I use most is the furniture and Windenburg. That said, it's not a constant feeling of regret just some days I wonder if it was worth it. No issues with any others.

I thought clubs would be really stupid too. But I use them more than I thought I would. They are great for skill building, socializing and fullfilling some job requirements. I use them all the time. One of the most creative uses, if I say so myself, is taht I used them to build the skills of my restaurant staff. Which made my restaurans run better.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I like the club idea however I am more into family. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HappyFuzzyKittyHappyFuzzyKitty Posts: 452 Member
    I regret nothing. Though Romantic Garden Stuff was annoyingly small. I expected more.
    Hi. I'm Happy.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I regret Spa day.
    I mean it adds great content and is a well made pack but I never use any of it ever so probably not a great purchase on my part.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    For SP I regret: well all of them actually, except Romantic Garden.

For the GP I only regret Spa Day.

And for EP I regret City Living, Get Together is a mix of love and hate, I love the world and the clubs, but to me those two things didn't worth 40$.

I don't have Vampires yet (planning on getting it), and I don't have Bowling (not planning on getting it).

I just want to mention that I didn't bought all of the packs myself, some was gifts, but I put them on the list since someone paid for them for me.

gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    I deeply regret buying 'city living' even though I bought it at a discounted price.
    I think it was not worth paying for even the discounted price. I just hate the fact that we cannot build apartments from scratch.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have all of the packs except Bowling and Vampires (and I am skipping them).

I regret the following: Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout and Luxury Party. So literally HALF.

Wow, you regret buying many of what you bought xD

No matter how many packs we feel that we shouldn't have bought, this feeling sucks!