Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EPs / GPs / SPs you regret buying?

This isn't supposed to be a feedback thread which is why I thought it would fit into this category better than in the feedback section. It's not necessarily supposed to be about which addons you like or dislike and why but more so about which addons you regret spending your money on and why.

I for example regret buying city living. I almost never play in San Myshuno. Granted, I don't really like big cities to begin with and probably should've known better but I bought it because I thought I'd at least enjoy the smaller apartments in the spice district. The truth is however that I barely play with them because I can't change the window placement and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to that sort of thing. As for the clothing items and festivals, while they're nice to have I don't think I wouldn't miss them much if I didn't buy the addon.

I don't regret any of my other purchases, I use the other packs all the time. It's just city living that I regret buying.

Do you regret buying an addon?
CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
Taking a break from the sims for a while!

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member
    I only buy the packs that interest me, in the moment I don't regret buying any pack I have purchased, but in the future I can see myself regretting buying the vampire pack because although it's fun and interesting now to play with vampires, in the future I might be over them, also in terms of build and buy mode objects I do like the cracks and damaged wall decals, but the build/buy mode objects also CAS items don't interest me unless I'm making a specific sim/specific build, so I can't see myself using those objects on a regular basis.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    no regrets.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I'm glad to hear that! Regret isn't a very nice thing so I'm glad to hear you don't have it. I do wonder if I'm the only one then :smiley:
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    That vampire thing.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I use city living for my stories and my peeps go there for the festivals that entertains them. I don't regret buying any packs since I thoroughly investigate each one. Like reviews, video and written, watching gameplay etc.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It's hard for me to regret any pack when I bought vampires purely for the wall cracks/tears/holes, lol. Even if I don't use some aspect of a pack all the time, I find uses for at least a few things from every pack, and that makes it worth it to me.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Please don't missunderstand me, I'm not bashing city living. It's a great addon, I just don't really use it all that much and don't think I'd miss it. I think I could've spent my money on something else instead, that's all :smile:
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    It's hard for me to regret any pack when I bought vampires purely for the wall cracks/tears/holes, lol. Even if I don't use some aspect of a pack all the time, I find uses for at least a few things from every pack, and that makes it worth it to me.

LOL a big reason why I bought Vintage Glamour was that one diamond shaped wallpaper, the globe bar and the butler (which I don't use but meh)
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    I honestly don't regret buying any; granted, I don't use every feature but each EP or SP that I've bought adds little elements to the game that I use all the time. Plus, I've had a huge break from the game (I haven't played since Sims 2) So I'm really enjoying the Sims at the moment, I'm sure once the novelty has run out I'll have something to complain about. :D
  • Options
    This is good; no-one regrets buying anything :D
  • Options
    ReggiejoehamillReggiejoehamill Posts: 2 New Member
    I have every pack at the moment and I don't regret buying any of them. I think the one I use the least is probably the spooky stuff pack but I still use the stuff occasionally.
  • Options
    I need to start buying the stuff packs, if I ever have a new game I always have the urge to own every single one; even if I can't afford it. Is there any stuff packs that really aren't worth getting guys?
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I have a lot of lag playing in San Myshuno, so that's the pack I use the least (although I like the careers and furniture).
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    edited April 2017
    I agree with you in regards to City Living. It's a fantastic pack and I love the features in it that I've actually made use of such as the festivals and some of the CAS items but I could probably live without having it since I haven't gone near the apartments which I suppose is the whole point of the pack. The plague of townies that came after I bought it isn't the greatest addition to my game either but overall I can't really bash it because there's a lot to play around with depending on what you're interested in.

I haven't actually acknowledged any of the content from Get To Work either so I probably wouldn't miss it if I had never bought it in the first place (that made zero sense but I'm sure you get what I mean :D) but I managed to pick up all of the expansions when they were on sale so I certainly can't grumble. I think I'm just waiting until I have a Sim in my household who I feel will suit the playable jobs. I'm also not a huge fan of aliens strolling around my town but I can easily just delete them from the Manage Households tab.

All of this being said, I don't regret buying any of them. I expect there will be content in the stuff packs that I want that I won't use very much either but I suppose that's just how it is. As others on this thread have stated; it's great that none of us actually regret purchasing the packs we own even if we do have some critisim about certain aspects of them.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I regret buying Get to work, because simply put, I never ever used it and probably won't either. The rest of the packs I bought for add on gameplay elements to my game. It's nice to read so many don't regret buying the packs though, wish I had the same experience!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    All they need to do now is bring out pets and seasons and I'm set.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sorry to deprive those seeking forum drama, but I have not regretted purchasing any of the packs. They have all added features that I have found enjoyable.
  • Options
    All they need to do now is bring out pets and seasons and I'm set.

Same, but pets for me.
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Same, but pets for me.

As I've said a lot on many threads in this forum, I am seriously waiting for pets. I heard that there were horses in Sims 3? Oh my, I hope they include them in 4; I'm not sure if they were popular or not in Sims 3, but I'd really love to have ago at with a feature like that.

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Nope, I'm all good.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't regret anything (they all get their use in one way or another) but there have been stuff packs I could have done without

Romantic Garden - Only used the wishing well once (I miss the quirkiness/animations of TS2/TS3's wishing well), and I'm not a fan of the clothes in that pack. The fountain and overall decor is pretty though - helps when you download lots from the gallery.

Backyard Stuff - Clothes/Hairs are awesome but I hardly used the water slip and slide thing or the bird feeder. Would have been nice to have a sprinkler (similar to the one from TS2) to go with it. To me the bird feeder doesn't look as good as it could have.

Spooky Stuff - Cute but only really handy once a year (or for creative lots). Kind of feels like it should have been a free update. It would have been cool if pumpkins functioned as fruits/vegetables and could be planted (similar to what we had in Seasons). I'm always down for new costumes though - you can create more creative backstories.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have all of the packs except Bowling and Vampires (and I am skipping them).

I regret the following: Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout and Luxury Party. So literally HALF.