Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First time doing a birthday in a Museum

First time every having a birthday in a Museum and it was not bad at all. I just added a full kitchen with a bar and two tables for the guests. The party end up in Silver but it was fun plus guests were happy all the time looking at the paintings and having conversations at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Glad I wasn't invited.

Museum - :D
  • Options
    Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    hahaaaaa
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    awesome, what a great idea. any pics??
  • Options
    When Pets finally arrive, I might put cats in a mewseum.
  • Options
    When Pets arrive please add chicken and/or some farm animals.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Let me see. I'll try to upload this one; however, I took the picture after the party was over. It is a little messy now even with notebooks around hehe.
    qsa32r.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    It looks great. I usually put little kitchens on lots to, there great for kids to get a quick meal.
  • Options
    Zagatta7 wrote: »
    Let me see. I'll try to upload this one; however, I took the picture after the party was over. It is a little messy now even with notebooks around hehe.
    qsa32r.png
    Well, that's certainly the place to be.

Looks like the party is rocking the building.

I wish I was invited now.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    When Pets finally arrive, I might put cats in a mewseum.

Well, that's certainly given me paws for thought :p

@Zagatta7 - a party in the museum is a great idea. I took my household of 8 sims to the one in Willow Creek, just for a visit. I'd never heard them so quiet. It was the most peaceful day I ever had with them :)

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I never understood the options to have the birthday party at those "weird" locations. Why are they even an option if there is, naturally, no access to cake?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Great idea to have the party in the museum. It took me awhile to figure out that you had to add a few things to the sites to make it work but once I did, I've had more than a few parties on community lots. Haven't done the museum before, though.
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I never understood the options to have the birthday party at those "weird" locations. Why are they even an option if there is, naturally, no access to cake?

Because once you are in the location you want, you will need to rebuild an area or re-decorate using the building section. It won't cost your sim a thing. The only things you sims will spend is if you add a bartender, musician, chef, or you do your own cake.
  • Options

Because once you are in the location you want, you will need to rebuild an area or re-decorate using the building section. It won't cost your sim a thing. The only things you sims will spend is if you add a bartender, musician, chef, or you do your own cake.

I don't care about the money :) It's just a little stupid from the developers' part to have an option for a party location which naturally is not a suitable place for a party. We shouldn't have to rebuild the place they offer as a "valid" option.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Hello
    It is great that the party in the museum went well :) It is a very nice idea to hold it there. The set up of the party room in the photo looks very nice.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member

I don't care about the money :) It's just a little plum from the developers' part to have an option for a party location which naturally is not a suitable place for a party. We shouldn't have to rebuild the place they offer as a "valid" option.

Keyword=Option
    One of the main things players have been begging for more of in this game. Im sure if we didnt have the "option" to throw a party at any community building players would feel restricted (I know I would) in their gameplay. It would be as if the devs were putting yet ANOTHER limitation on what we can and cant do in this game. Where we can and cant go in this game. In my opinion ts4 is full of too many restrictions and limitations already. So any "options" we get, im all for. Because as a player I always have the "option" to ignore them.
  • Options
    PlumDiddy wrote: »

I don't care about the money :) It's just a little plum from the developers' part to have an option for a party location which naturally is not a suitable place for a party. We shouldn't have to rebuild the place they offer as a "valid" option.

Keyword=Option
    One of the main things players have been begging for more of in this game. Im sure if we didnt have the "option" to throw a party at any community building players would feel restricted (I know I would) in their gameplay. It would be as if the devs were putting yet ANOTHER limitation on what we can and cant do in this game. Where we can and cant go in this game. In my opinion ts4 is full of too many restrictions and limitations already. So any "options" we get, im all for. Because as a player I always have the "option" to ignore them.

but it's really not a valid option. It's there but it's useless. Still a limitation as you put it.
  • Options

Keyword=Option

but it's really not a valid option. It's there but it's useless. Still a limitation as you put it.

Not unless you only play w/things right out of the box. but luckily we do have the option to build upon, add to, and change community lots to our liking (Somewhat. I still HATE venue requirements). But all in all you can easily fix up a museum to be more fitting for a party. Unless, like I said, you only use things exactly as maxis gives them to you.
  • Options

Keyword=Option

Not unless you only play w/things right out of the box. but luckily we do have the option to build upon, add to, and change community lots to our liking (Somewhat. I still HATE venue requirements). But all in all you can easily fix up a museum to be more fitting for a party. Unless, like I said, you only use things exactly as maxis gives them to you.

I just think it's an inconvenience since I'm not a builder. I'd, ideally, would like to play with things right out of the box, yes.
  • Options

Keyword=Option

I just think it's an inconvenience since I'm not a builder. I'd, ideally, would like to play with things right out of the box, yes.

Then in that case I can see how it would be a problem for you. Though you dont have to be a builder to add items to a lot (ie refrigerator, counters, stove, tables and chairs). I wasnt much of a builder before ts4 either. but once I tried it I found it to be a lot of fun. I actually spend more time building than playing w/sims. Maybe one day youll give building a try. It might really expand your gameplay like it did mine :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member

Have your Sim bake the cake and place it in their inventory. Once you get to the desired location, voilà, you can place the cake on the surface of choice. I do it for weddings all of the time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @PlumDiddy Nah, I wouldn't touch a community lot.
    But thanks, @GalacticGal , that's a great idea. Never thought of it.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Zagatta7 I like your pic, good idea!

I don't do parties, LOL. If my single sim is ready to age, I invite one of her friends over, then have her blow out the candles. No sad moodlet that way.
  • Options

Have your Sim bake the cake and place it in their inventory. Once you get to the desired location, voilà, you can place the cake on the surface of choice. I do it for weddings all of the time.

I've done that before and also I tend to forget that my Sim had a cake in the inventory. So, I prefer do a small kitchen in my favorite locations. Either ways are good options.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Zagatta7 I like your pic, good idea!

I don't do parties, LOL. If my single sim is ready to age, I invite one of her friends over, then have her blow out the candles. No sad moodlet that way.

I've done that too, but in my case I love parties. Also I do the parties because of the rewards though they are the same ones over and over I just sell them. That way I keep earning extra money without using cheats. I don't like using cheats, not fun.