Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids Venues

Has anyone made a Chuck E Cheese type of place for the kids? I think that would be a fun idea but I'm not sure if we have enough content for that.

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    That sounds like a great idea! If only we had more arcade games for our sims, like they had in Sims 3.
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    That sounds like a great idea! If only we had more arcade games for our sims, like they had in Sims 3.

Right! I hope they make some type of generations pack or something.
  • Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hey! Yeah I kind of made something like that on the galley. It's called "Llama Land" or my EA id is "Allevatte" :) if you wanted to take a look. It's a restaurant with children's arcade/play area attached.
  • Options
    Hennrietta wrote: »
    Hey! Yeah I kind of made something like that on the galley. It's called "Llama Land" or my EA id is "Allevatte" :) if you wanted to take a look. It's a restaurant with children's arcade/play area attached.

Thank you!
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just created a restaurant for children and toddlers a few days ago. I mainly made it for my toddlers since they have no place to hangout. It's a restaurant downstairs with a play and nap area upstairs. You can check it out under my EA ID chidoriaida, it's called "Kid Tot Tic Toc".
  • Options
    angiehanssonangiehansson Posts: 8 New Member
    I made one. I even have a club of adults that dress up in animal costumes while they play instruments and sing. I'm hoping for more things soon.
  • Options
    I just created a restaurant for children and toddlers a few days ago. I mainly made it for my toddlers since they have no place to hangout. It's a restaurant downstairs with a play and nap area upstairs. You can check it out under my EA ID chidoriaida, it's called "Kid Tot Tic Toc".

Thank you!
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited March 2017
    I built a 50x50 park, Bellefleur Park (meant to replace Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek) that has a child's playroom for children and toddlers in the recreation center. I wanted to have a neighborhood hangout for kids and adults. Here's the link if you want to look:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=lsnishi&max=50&maxis=false
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    lsnishi wrote: »
    I built a 50x50 park, Bellefleur Park (meant to replace Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek) that has a child's playroom for children and toddlers in the recreation center. I wanted to have a neighborhood hangout for kids and adults. Here's the link if you want to look:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=lsnishi&max=50&maxis=false

Thank you!
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I made one a while ago, but I never posted it for a couple reasons. One, it just didn't turn out the way I imagined it. It's more like a giant playroom than Discovery Zone or Chuck E. Cheese. And then, in addition that issue, to make it the way I wanted I had to make it a general lot (I hate that you have to have certain things for it to qualify as a certain lot). This meant I could not host a child's birthday party as an event at it, which was the whole reason I built it in the first place. Then, when I sent my Sims their to have the birthday as an unofficial event, no Townies showed up. If you are willing to meet the criteria for a park or other lot, you could work around that issue. For me, it just didn't turn out the way I had envisioned. Like what was said before, I hope a generations pack will lend itself to building a better lot.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Not a restaurant, but I made a fun outdoor puppet theater venue: :)

And no, I don't know why I saved it to the gallery at night, lol. I wasn't paying attention and I think I worked on the lighting last. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I made one. I even have a club of adults that dress up in animal costumes while they play instruments and sing. I'm hoping for more things soon.

That's pretty inventive!
    I might actually steal that one...I have a feeling a daycare job will come with a toddler SP...
    Your idea would be great for that...like an all volunteer staff of musicians and jesters.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    There are some great ideas here, everyone - thanks!
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Thanks so much for posting this link, @rosemow :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you!
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Maybe try a park venue with the food stalls from CL and an eating area? Add bowling, puppet theatre, voidcritter game, arcade, etc. indoors and an indoor playground as well!
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I made one! jungle gym and arcade games, but I made it specifically for kids and birthday parties just like Chuck-E-Cheese and Pistol Pete's
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member

Its not the greatest, but I used a park venue to make a chuck e cheese like place for my sims. The park requirements were blocked off and tossed into the basement.
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=queendess&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Well, I thought it might as well get in on the fun and post mine here, too. Here's Captain Kal's Kids Center for all your party needs!

Incidentally, I checked to see how close mine was to qualifying as a park and all I needed was a chess table :blush: So now it's a park and that should solve the Townies issue I had previously.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Well, I thought it might as well get in on the fun and post mine here, too. Here's Captain Kal's Kids Center for all your party needs!

Incidentally, I checked to see how close mine was to qualifying as a park and all I needed was a chess table :blush: So now it's a park and that should solve the Townies issue I had previously.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I made one a while ago, but I never posted it for a couple reasons. One, it just didn't turn out the way I imagined it. It's more like a giant playroom than Discovery Zone or Chuck E. Cheese. And then, in addition that issue, to make it the way I wanted I had to make it a general lot (I hate that you have to have certain things for it to qualify as a certain lot). This meant I could not host a child's birthday party as an event at it, which was the whole reason I built it in the first place. Then, when I sent my Sims their to have the birthday as an unofficial event, no Townies showed up. If you are willing to meet the criteria for a park or other lot, you could work around that issue. For me, it just didn't turn out the way I had envisioned. Like what was said before, I hope a generations pack will lend itself to building a better lot.

I make the lot type I want and just put stuff I don't want Sims to see or use in basement rooms.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Has anyone made a Chuck E Cheese type of place for the kids? I think that would be a fun idea but I'm not sure if we have enough content for that.

I've found a ton in the galleries. I found one based off of Five Nights at Freddy which was pretty great looking. If I was any good at building, I'd make one.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2017
    I made one a while back. I can't remember what its called, but my ID is MonCherie7, if you are interested, gonna try to get some pics after I edit this family.

ETA: Llama Man's Mega Palace

33672839441_efd7def11f_h.jpg