Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many life stages have YOU gone through since you got into The Sims?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Well my granddaughter gave me the sims 1 when it first came out as a gift. I am now a great grandmother, Young at heart
    I had the honor of knowing three of my great grandparents while growing up in real life. I adored all of them. One of them was at my high school graduation and helped see me off to "Uni."

@Evalen - May I have have permission to "Awesome" your post multiple times, please? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Well my granddaughter gave me the sims 1 when it first came out as a gift. I am now a great grandmother, Young at heart
    I had the honor of knowing three of my great grandparents while growing up in real life. I adored all of them. One of them was at my high school graduation and helped see me off to "Uni."

@Evalen - May I have have permission to "Awesome" your post multiple times, please? :)

@Igazor Thanks igazzor, sometimes I feel strange here, because most of the ones here are young, but I love the sims and love hearing about them, hope that all the young ones out here grow up to play the sims when they become grandparents.
    I have a 16 yr old great granddaughter and hope I make it along with my sim to be still playing as a great, great grandmother.
    It would be nice if we could post multiple time on some Awesomes,
    Maybe that is why I have all my sims live together, My grandmother lived with us also, it was so nice to come home from school her being there with a snack all ready for us. It takes me back many, many years.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    @Evalen You sound like a lot of fun. I hope your grandchildren know how lucky they are.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    It's cool how people growing up in different places can all grow up together with the sims. :)
  • Options
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    @Evalen You sound like a lot of fun. I hope your grandchildren know how lucky they are.

@AthenaOnyx, So nice of you to say that.

• Options
    Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    @Evalen That's so awesome. I love that people of all ages play this game.

What a cool great-grandma you are :star::smiley:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    @Supersoph13 I have always loved games on the computer, so I guess I am just a kid at heart. Thanks you are so kind
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I was an Elder when I started playing and am almost a Child now.

igazor, you're suffering from that delusion where you are aging backwards again.

Oh, right. Well, not counting SimCity 3K and earlier, then Adult to (older) Adult. :)
    "The Curious Case of Igazor" :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "Adult" covers a lot of ground. Then again, I didn't get hooked until my eleven year old niece got Supernatural one Christmas. I was at a point of frustration with my game at the time over poorly handled inclusivity issues and was looking for a game that handled that better. And the AARP doesn't think I am an Elder yet, so just the one. :)
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    When the original Sims came out in 2000 I would have been a toddler. However I didn't start getting into the Sims until I started playing Freeplay when I was a teen. Now I actively play TS3 and TS4 and I am a young adult.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    none since i never let my sims age and keep aging fully turn off since i prefer to keep my sims the same age and let them live forever
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    none since i never let my sims age and keep aging fully turn off since i prefer to keep my sims the same age and let them live forever
    I think you might want to read the question again and maybe some of our answers. It's not about your sims. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Child, teen, and now I'm a young adult.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

@friendlysimmers, the question was how many life stages you've gone through since you starting playing the Sims. :)

I started as an adult and am still in that stage. At least for a few more years. :)
  • Options
    gamerplaya94gamerplaya94 Posts: 106 Member
    Child-Young Adult, I was around 9 or 10 when The Sims 2 released and I still play that along with The Sims 3. Haven't bought The Sims 4 yet.
    k657Sd0.png
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

@Igazor Thanks igazzor, sometimes I feel strange here, because most of the ones here are young, but I love the sims and love hearing about them, hope that all the young ones out here grow up to play the sims when they become grandparents.
    I have a 16 yr old great granddaughter and hope I make it along with my sim to be still playing as a great, great grandmother.
    It would be nice if we could post multiple time on some Awesomes,
    Maybe that is why I have all my sims live together, My grandmother lived with us also, it was so nice to come home from school her being there with a snack all ready for us. It takes me back many, many years.

That is truly awesome!

My mom is one of those woman that lie about her age, want the grand babies to call her Nana, cause grandma sounds old (her words), and has stressed over every wrinkle and gray hair her whole life, and calls her great Grand babies simply "Grand kids". I've always felt it would be an honor to become a grand mother and exceptional to become a great Grand mother. I always said I'd wear those titles as a badge of pride. I just pray I'm around to meet at least my grand babies, to have a 16 yr old great Grand baby would be epic.

Technically I am old enough to be a grandmother (my mom was a grandmother 4 times over by my age), but my oldest swears he'll never have kids, my second oldest simply says "one day", and my youngest is too young. I don't foresee Grand babies for several years to come.
  • Options
    My youngest granddaughter is 21 and this is her first year as a teacher, she said she is not interested in marriage right now, she has other plans, but I know that when the love bug bites, the other plans fly away. So just maybe I will once again see another lovable grand baby. I also have a great grandson who just turned 3, He is adorable. It would be nice to see one of my grand children playing the sim.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Adult, adult, adult and adult. Mostly.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I started playing the Sims 3 in the adult stage.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Igazor Thanks igazzor, sometimes I feel strange here, because most of the ones here are young....

I think there are more of us older folks here than you realize. I bought the game and started playing after watching my granddaughter play it on my daughter's iPad. That granddaughter will be 18 later this year.

I had to think for a bit, and am surprised to realize that I have been playing Sims 3 for nearly 5 years now. Where has the time gone? I was in the adult stage when I started playing, and I still consider myself to be in the adult stage now, though I am officially a senior citizen. But I consider the elder stage in the game to be the age at which we humans in the U.S. reach full retirement age, which is currently 66, and I'm not quite there yet. So some might consider me to be in the elder stage now, but I don't. But I will admit to being old, because I sure do feel like it now, so I suppose maybe I am in the elder stage.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    In the spirit of Jeff Foxworthy: You might be an elder if: you "harass the world" with your cane, if you "boast about grandchildren", if you "reminisce about the good old days". :D
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    LOL! I don't do any of those things, so I guess I'm not an elder. I don't shuffle along all stooped over either, and I don't use a cane, though I do walk a bit more slowly than I used to, due to a chronic knee injury.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2017
    My current life-stage is set at "Adult" in RL though as my signature suggests... "My body is middle-aged; my brain is in elementary school". :D

And considering I only started playing Sims 3 very recently... I was definitely in the Adult life-stage biologically when I started playing Sims.

@SimKeats got me thinking. I was a YA starting my career in real estate when SimTower and SimAnts came out. Simcity came out my last year of HS. (Yeah...I took one year longer)

~sigh~ Sometimes I wish there really was "ambrosia. I could really use a reset. :D

I've always thought of the Sims' lifespans as the following (hence the reason why I age up Infants and Toddlers so quickly; that and the fact that as a father of four (two heading into high-school; one in Gr 2 and one in Gr. 1 in RL)... I've already had my fill of diaper changes and late night wake-ups (It's serious plum). Thank goodness I work from home...because some of my mornings were absolute HE-double hockey-sticks walking around in a daze wondering what the heck I was doing up at 2AM in the morning (Wasn't I supposed to only know 1 2:00 in the course of a day? and the toxic weapons factory that was my kid's diapers would have made Saddam Hussein dance in glee.

Infant - birth to 1yr.
    Toddler 1 yr - 2 yrs (there is a gap between Toddler/Child missing Preschool so I can either extend the Toddler stage to include 3-5yrs or tack on the missing three years to Child.
    Child: School-age. 6yrs to 12 years
    Teen: High School 13-18yrs
    Young Adult: 19-35
    Adult 36-65 (retirement)
    Elder: from 65yrs up until Grimmy shows up to collect the Sim.

Hence the reason why I play my Sims on epic lifespan. :D Or I age them up myself with "aging off"...as the "fickle hand of the Creator"
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Started The Sims as a chilld. Now I'm a YA turning aging off soon :D
  • Options
    MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    Three: child through young adult.