Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bored moodlet won't go away (changing traits issue), help!

Ugh! Okay, so I just started the Not So Berry challenge and I used a townie for it. Well the rules require you to have certain traits, so I had to change the ones she had previously. She used to have the Dance Machine trait, so she has the bored moodlet from not dancing, and it won't go away?! I swear, the bug involving changing traits is probably one of the most FRUSTRATING for me... I tried using the "traits.remove_trait" cheat, I've tried typing it as "dancemachine" and "dance_machine" and nothing is working, this stupid bored moodlet won't go away either.

Any solutions out there?!
tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    You might need a mod. Because using editing in CAS doesn't actually work. Though you may change traits the traits remain behind. So, she will remain bored from not being able to dance since the game keeps the traits though it's not supposed to do that. This happens with premades too, sometimes, if they have traits then we change them in reg CAS they may have a hidden remaining trait which will make them behave outside the traits you give them in reg. CAS.

ETA: Even fullmode cheat in CAS can't help fix this to get rid of the hidden remaining trait.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You might need a mod. Because using editing in CAS doesn't actually work. Though you may change traits the traits remain behind. So, she will remain bored from not being able to dance since the game keeps the traits though it's not supposed to do that. This happens with premades too, sometimes, if they have traits then we change them in reg CAS they may have a hidden remaining trait which will make them behave outside the traits you give them in reg. CAS.

ETA: Even fullmode cheat in CAS can't help fix this to get rid of the hidden remaining trait.

Yeeep I figured it'd be that, that I'm just stuck with the trait. I just made her dance to make it go away, which I suppose is a workaround. I just wish that bug would get fixed already, it literally infuriates me!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Me, too. I've got lots of Sims built in CAS that behave like they have other traits than the ones I gave them, and it annoys me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    Hello
    Try adding the trait to your sim by turning on testingcheats true then using the
    traits.equip_trait DanceMachine cheat. Then remove the trait using the traits.remove_trait DanceMachine cheat
    Try seeing if that may help.
    I am not sure if the name to put into the cheat is DanceMachine or if it is written in a different form.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I have that problem with the genius trait. Readding and removing it doesnt work/didnt fix it for me.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Isn't there a moodlet solver potion you can get from the same place you purchase traits in game at? Have you tried that?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try adding the trait to your sim by turning on testingcheats true then using the
    traits.equip_trait DanceMachine cheat. Then remove the trait using the traits.remove_trait DanceMachine cheat
    Try seeing if that may help.
    I am not sure if the name to put into the cheat is DanceMachine or if it is written in a different form.

Unfortunately this didn't work :( I tried many variations of typing "dancemachine" as well.
    Isn't there a moodlet solver potion you can get from the same place you purchase traits in game at? Have you tried that?

Yes, this would probably work, but then I'd be spending reward points. I guess for now I'll just have her dance to make her not bored anymore. Lol.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2017
    I had a Kleptomaniac and I removed that trait in fulleditmode, since the Klepto trait is kinda broken right now :/ However the Tense moodlet from not swiping kept coming back. Even after I used the "traits.remove_trait Kleptomaniac" command.

I incorporated it into my story, saying he'd overcome it for the most part but still had occasional urges. It seems there's no way to completely wipe a trait once given, as the vestiges of that trait remain.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Have you tried leaving the lot and coming back? Sometimes the bored moodlet gets stuck unless you leave the lot.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I have this problem with one of my sims too she was a townie who was so pretty. So I changed her traits and she still gets moodlets from Genius and ambitious traits she no longer has.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Me, too. I've got lots of Sims built in CAS that behave like they have other traits than the ones I gave them, and it annoys me.

For example, Sims getting the "Watched other Bros being Awesome" moodlet when they're not Bros!
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,451 Member
    Try using sims.remove_all_buffs. I had a problem where after aging up a couple of my Sims they were getting the "where us everyone?" Sad moodlet from when they were a toddler. This removed it so hopefully it will work for your bored one.