Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your toddlers/childrens routine!? ^-^

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Toddlers are so out of synch right now with the cruddy, no energy recovering beds. They are usually having to sleep most of the day and then are up in the middle of the night when all the other sims in the household are asleep. It's kind of rough unless I have a sim with no career that can get up at that time to train the toddlers to poo and do shapes. For feeding I just throw plates of food on the floor and they can feed themselves.

Children can take care of themselves. I tend to have them in bed by 11PM usually.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I don't really have routines at all. In some households I try to send the children to bed by 9pm but that's about it, other households I just freerange. :grin: I deal with toddler wants and needs as they pop up, I am not strict with them at all regarding feeding or sleep times. :smile:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2017
    It depends on the day (and work days). <3

Mon-Friday:
    • Mom & dad wake up early (6am-ish) to get ready for the day .
    • sometime later they (mom or dad. they take turns <3) cook breakfast. The elementary school children wake up to get ready for the day. Then ofcourse the toddler triplets awaken just around time for breakfast.
    • Everyone arrives downstairs to breakfast and talk a bit (toddlers, kids and parents alike it's such a cute family scene).
    • The kids go to school, and dad goes to work. Mom has the critic profession. So at times she'll work at home or go to work.
    • Wheather mom goes to work or not, the toddlers schedule never truly change. Their day is always full of fun and education <3..or trouble. They learn many things and at times ask the Nanny or Mom for help (depending on whose at home).
    • Around 12pm the toddlers have their nap. Mom or Nanny will then make lunch once they wake up.
    • The kids get home around 3 and start their homework. Once they're done they work on certain fun toys that sort of reflect the future job I hope they have. Like the daughter enjoys acting, so she puts on plays for her toddler siblings. While her brother, also a child sim, prefers to make potions and play voidcrittters. Both have clubs based on these hobbies and talk to friends about them.
    • Both Dad and Mom (if she went to work for the day) return rather late-ish. But just in time to make dinner for the family. And once again the family has a moment to talk about their day. Not only that, they also get out some popcorn and watch a movie together.
    • Once the kids and tots are off to bed (and everyone's gone to the bathroom), mom and dad have sometime to themselves. Which can be utilized in many ways (skill leveling, romance, watching t.v) switch it up to many times :lol: .
    • Then their off to bed que'ing the insta-fastfoward buttton!!

That's the usual, although I tend to switch it up in some ways:
    • If mom's home, sometimes she'll take the triplets to a playhouse-like place and meet up with other moms and their little ones. It's a good way for both mom and tots to make friends, and learn new things from the items there.
    • Sometimes the kids go out to their clubhouses and meet up with their club members but must be home before 6!
    • Also sometimes the parents spend a romantic dinner out on friday. It all depends on if they want to do something special with the family, or have some alone time.

Saturday-Sunday

Whether my sim parents work on Saturday and Sunday or not, they always take the days off (I try to pile up as much vacation days as I can to make it happen :lol:). The weekends serve as a total freestyle and I usually play it either by randomness of the sims in general or by whim, though as I said it's pure freestyle. So anything can happen from the moment they wake up to fall asleep.

One thing I do that is quite typical, on sunday night the family enjoys a sunday dinner out. Usually friends that they know are already there with their kids (if they have any lol). So it's fun to see them socialize.

Hmmm I know i'm forgetting something but that's all I can think of off the top of my head of my sims routine <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    My 'routine' is to keep an eye on the toddler's needs. When it looks like potty time is near, I have an older Sim 'teach them to potty'. I'm not so good at realizing when toddler is tired, until I see the red icon. :open_mouth: But, I do watch and make sure they learn things. I also make sure the older Sim 'praises' after using the potty. And I might have an older Sim scold when necessary. Finally figured out how to get the tot fed, since my Sims had the propensity of placing tot in high chair and then promptly taking them out again before giving any food. :open_mouth: Most of the time, now, I just have a Sim serve the meal and then call to meal. Toddler is well able to get their own dish (do NOT try this in RL) and find a nice chair, bench or couch to sit down and eat. Works like a charm. I no longer get those annoying pop-ups telling me I need to review the toddler information.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I don't have a routine and do what they need when they need it basically. One time I had triplets and called a nanny cause I had free services and the parents weren't getting any sleep and the nanny came and never left. I don't know if it was bugged or what but I didn't mind, she stayed till they grew to teens! Lol Then I finally dismissed her and she left and didn't pay a dime. It was nice caused she cooked and keep all the kids busy and did what they needed so the rest could do what they needed to.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Don't really have a set routine per se -- up till recently both my Sims worked afternoons/evenings, so it would usually be a matter of the last adult home calling the nanny before leaving for work (got a great nanny, awesome with the kids and not bad looking once I ditched the ratty looking beard the game gave him). Now that the work schedules sync a bit better, plus my toddler's about to age up to child it's a little easier; my Simself has the Fresh Chef trait so she does a lot of cooking on her days off and there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    edited March 2017
    My toddlers literally do anything they please. I have 3 toddlers and 2 children in the game since my sim loves to have accidental pregnancies, and honestly they roam free because they just dont listen. Their bedtime is usually 2-4 AM. Honestly once i see that their needs turn yellow/red thats when i give them something. I know i sound like a horrible simmer, but my toddlers seem to max out all their skills lol
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    My Sims don't have time for a routine. The only somewhat functional "routine" for my Sim parents is as follows:

Toddler needs a potty -> show toddler a potty
    Toddler needs a bath -> give toddler a bath
    Toddler needs a hug -> give toddler a hug
    Toddler needs a food -> give toddler a food
    Toddler needs a... nothing(?) -> train toddler a lot
    Toddler needs a bed -> give him a bed and then try to not fall unconscious while going to your own bed

Thank you for that, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes as I laugh.
    This is how I play to, I have even woken toddlers and parent to potty train toddler in the wee hours of the morning.
    The whole family has eaten dinner at 2am in the morning.
    mum and dad haven't had time to speak to each other for two days.
    Poor mrs Bheeda was caring for twin toddlers during the day then working at night. fortunately the twins were up so early they have a nap about 4pm so she can sleep an hour before work.
    Mr Bheeda goes of to work after feeding toddlers their breakfast.
    until second set arrived, then it was just survival, until first set grew up to kids.
    Now they have two sets as children and Mrs Bheeda just gave birth to their third set of twins, first set don't age for another 30 days. a lot of pause and play, and hoping their line up is still there when I press play.
    and I managed to get both sets to max out all their skills.

LMAO thats how it is !
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    Well apparently I'm a bad sim parent. When their needs get red, I help them. That's pretty much it....
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    jetmackaluvsjotwahjetmackaluvsjotwah Posts: 70 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Routine? I do not understand this concept.

*shoves peas at small person at 2am, then mops up pee, and passes out*

Just like real life!
  • Options
    Whitney4234Whitney4234 Posts: 5 New Member
    My family schedule varies depending on who works and when and if it falls on a weekend also. I have a very hectic life in sims but we are a very organized/healthy family.

My family consist of me(mom), dad(tylor), katelyn(15), Triston(12), Hayley(11), Madeline(4), and baby Jess(adopted). Yes the mom had all of these kids except for the adopted one. Now she has been working out every day to loose her baby fat. We never send our kids to daycare because it will throw Madeline's schedule off and withhold her from learning new skills as well. So I hire a nanny for a few hours a day (probably 3 times of the week, but never more than 4 hours a day).
    We love spending time as a family so we plan beach parties and barbecues every Saturday of our lives.(True story Lol). We eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner together on weekends) and we eat dinner at 630pm every week night.

Sometimes I allow my children to stay with their friends for the weekend. So I will transfer each one to a different house after they get home from school on Friday and bring them back Sunday morning. Also sometimes my toddler wants to hangout with her toddler friends so I let her stay over her friends, too. They have vacation time too. Sometimes Kaitlyn travels for a week with her friends and I won't have to worry about her getting into trouble and get some time to relax without all of her crazy drama. Sometimes the dad needs a vacation for a week so he goes with his buddies for awhile while mom maintains the bills and household.

For my little Toddler Maddy her schedule during the week is:
    5am wake up, potty, get dressed, work on skill, then free roam.
    9am eat breakfast and socialize.
    10am get ready for nap
    11am-130pm naptime
    After nap mom and toddler may go shopping on her day off or a friends house until 4.
    5pm take bubble bath
    6pm-6:30 bed time; read toddler to sleep
    ( on weekends(Friday/Saturday) her nap times are later and she won't go to sleep until 9pm)

As for baby Jess whoever doesn't work the day after will take care of the baby the majority of the time while the other one gets their major goals met and then they pitch in later. (like if it's a Wednesday and mom doesn't work the next day then she'll wake up through the night to care for baby and then help toddler in the morning as well)

Kaitlyn(15)
    Weekdays:
    5am Wake up, get ready for school
    7am Get focused for school
    8am-3pm School (once a week she will skip school or leave early; just to relax as long as her grades are a B or higher).
    4pm homework
    630pm dinner with family
    Weekends:
    6am homework
    Free roam until 1pm
    1pm take a nap
    3pm get ready to Babysit
    6pm-12pm babysit

Tristan(12)/ Hayley(11)
    Weekdays:
    5am Wake up, get ready for school
    7am Get focused for school
    8am-3pm School
    4pm homework
    630pm dinner w/family then take shower/use bathroom
    9:30pm bed time

I love my sims family ❤️
  • Options
    Rachel_RodgriguezRachel_Rodgriguez Posts: 1 New Member
    My current family has a routine:
    5:00 am - Mum and Dad get up Dad gets ready for work while Mum cleans, gets ready (shower, brush teeth, get dressed) then starts on breakfast for the girls.
    7-7: 30 am - Twin girl toddlers get up they go potty and eat breakfast
    8:15- Mum gets girls dressed and bathed while girls watch TV
    - Learning time (flash cards, skill improvement)
    - Potty
    - Free time tablet,TV, toys
    -Mum start lunch
    12:15- Lunch served
    - Potty
    - Nap
    2:00- Go see family or friends (cousins, aunties/uncles, grandparents, school friends, family friends) or go to the park something interesting
    5:30- eat dinner
    - PJ's
    - bedtime story
    - tuck in
    7:00- asleep
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My Sim toddlers don't have one. I take care of them when they need taken care of, and play/teach in the times between :lol:

Sometimes my toddlers stay up late into the early hours of the morning :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Ramsses wrote: »
    I only do morning routines for all my sims.
    They wake up an hour before work, have a shower and eat some of yesterdays leftovers, go to work and then spend the afternoon doing whatever.
    If they got small children I have the parents wake up an hour earlier to feed/potty/hug their little ones before work as well.

How? My sims take an hour sim Time to walk to the shower lol. 2 hours sim time to eat leftovers.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well, my main sim is a good vampire with OCD who uses routine to manage his anxieties and thirst for plasma. His daughter's routine is consequently very structured. He's currently a stay-at-home husband and father to his clingy toddler and working towards becoming a super parent. It's a full time job, but thankfully he can afford to stay home while his partner earns. This means he has time to dedicate to her care and skills, while also being away from the temptation of plasma. They only have one toddler though, I can't imagine what it must be like with more, or for parents that both work. I've thought about them adopting a son, but think they might adopt a dog instead lol.

So, my vamp is usually an early riser, which gives him time to shower/bath and look after his needs before his daughter wakes and he takes her downstairs. He makes breakfast while she plays before the family chat and eat together. Once his partner goes off to work, he gives his toddler a bath before they spend some time working on her skills (playing with blocks, flash cards, potty training etc.) and playing together. They sometimes have a toddler play date with one of his neighbours, another stay-at-home parent who is a good friend of his. He gives her dinner in her high chair once she starts getting hungry again. Then at bedtime he takes her back upstairs, reads her to sleep and tucks her in. Once she's asleep this gives him time to clean the house / do the laundry etc. and play the piano, watch some TV classics or meditate before showering again and going to bed.

When both parents are home for the day, they also take their daughter to a toddler park sometimes if the weather's nice. Also my vamp will sometimes meetup with his fellow Avant Gardes or go to the spa with his neighbour friend - after all, stay-at-home parents need some time to themselves to look after their wellness too! I also like to make sure the parents put regular time aside to spend as a couple. I hope once their daughter is old enough to start school, my vamp can start a new career as well as a writer and buy a bookshop to sell his books.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I don't have any toddlers at the moment but from what I remember I would have them:
    - Wake up at 8am
    - Eat breakfast
    - Fill basic needs (potty & shower)
    - Do any fun stuff and learn skills
    - Around 1pm-3pm is the start of nap time
    - Dinner at around 6/7pm
    - Sleep at 9pm

Sometimes they get waaaay off schedule because I forget to do certain things or I sometimes don't care enough LOL
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    desperately try to balance four sims and 3 pets. fail. children and sims starve and are tired half the time. make happy cheat to stop the social working for coming
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    babies and toddlers my routine is to age them up as fast as I can. train potty, talk and walk and say goodbye, but the kids, I love playing with the and a long life span, I do not have a routine except to remember to disable them from going to school. I have them do a lot of things, Seems like I can't play with the adults until the toddler ages up to child. Then the father can take them fishing, or go to the library with the mom, and go out to eat. Play in the park, or swim in the pool etc.
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2019
    Haha same
    barraakeno wrote: »
    M routine: age them as fast as possible because they are annoying to play, but I like to see people playing with them

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Oh god! I am so impressed with people who CAN schedule their Sims' times. As long as I can keep them alive and fed and the Sim version of child services away I am happy :tongue:
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top