Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Road Home (Victorian Legacy)-Chapter 4 Out Now!!!!

Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
Hello Everyone! This is my first post to my romantic drama, The Long Road Home. The story is set in the early 1900's, and will progress through the different eras. You will meet many characters, both good and bad, that will contribute greatly to the story. Our main character is Elle Humphrey, a girl about to turn 18 and who longs for adventure and freedom. I invite you to follow her journey as she learns about love and the world. I hope you enjoy!! Thank you for checking it out (:

Also, please ignore the outfit change by the mother. Her original outfit ended up glitching and I literally just noticed that I forgot about that.

2m68sjk.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fall 1910
2q83sz9.png

Elle was dreading the conversation that was drawing nearer and nearer as the day hurried on. Tomorrow was her 18th birthday. Her parents expected her to have a plan for her future, preferably a plan for a husband, but any fool proof plan would do. Truthfully, Elle knew what she wanted to do, but her parents would never approve. If she had her way, she’d spend her day creating music or art and travelling the world. She enjoyed seeing what the world had to offer and contributing to its beauty. However, that was not proper for a lady, and certainly not safe.

11j6tkn.png

She continued about her chores, trying to distract herself from those thoughts that she knew would just put her into a terrible mood. Until 6 pm finally came, and her mother called for her to come to the sitting room.

2monu52.jpg

“Elle, did you get everything done?” Her mother asked. Mrs. Humphrey was a good woman and a good wife. She knew exactly what was expected of her and tried her best to instill those same qualities into her daughters. Madison, Elle’s younger sister, seemed to pick up on those qualities a lot better than she herself did. She just had no interest in becoming a holly jolly housewife.
“Yes, mother. I did everything you asked me to,” Elle replied, respectfully.

31407880663_6b6bb6e756_b.jpg

“Thank you, a job well done I’m sure.” Mrs. Humphrey smiled. “We need to have a talk, Elle. Your father and I are worried about you. Have you given any thought at all about us finding you a suitor? Your father has a friend who has a son a little older than you. He’s recently graduated from University and has landed a good job close by. He would be an excellent man to consider as a husband.”

31407883043_48840da8cd_b.jpg

Elle hesitated before she finally said, “I really appreciate it, and I am sure he would make a lovely husband, but I just don’t think I am ready for something like that just yet. There are too many things I would like to do first.”

31407881513_a18767cec9_b.jpg

Mrs. Humphrey furrowed her brow and pursed her lip. She didn’t hold the same views as her daughter. “We think you should meet him. Mr. Arthur Bennett has agreed to come to your party tomorrow, and we would like the two of you to get to know one another. He has expressed quite an interest in you, and since we have already invited him, you should start thinking about this more than you seem to already have. Time should not be wasted when it comes to finding a suitable husband. You do not want to end up alone, Elle.”

32180085946_77328009c4_b.jpg

Elle sighed and understood this was not a battle to fight. She nodded, “I will meet him. But please do not expect anything more than that.”

32180086726_f6a8787692_b.jpg

“Your father and I expect that you settle down with a husband, as soon as possible. Nothing less than that. Now, go get ready for supper please. It will be ready in just a little while.” She was irritated, and this was just the beginning. But Elle knew that tonight was not the night. She needed peace for just a little while longer. Once her party was over, she could proceed with her plans of her new life and all of the exciting adventures ahead. Tick tock goes the clock, time is running out, you’re almost an adult.

Thank you for reading!! Feedback is welcome. I am also working on a blog where you can find my story so that readers who enjoy that over reading on the forums and searching through the posts are able to enjoy it much more!
Post edited by Aeriexo11 on

Comments

• Options
    32196491566_6e2f665598.jpg

Fall 1910

32085930262_57639f7477.jpg
    The following day, the house was filled with a few friends and family members, and young Arthur Bennett, the man Elle’s parents intended for her to marry. They adored him, it was very clear. For good reason, too. He was exactly what they wanted for her. Smartly dressed, neat hair, and good manners. Least not of all, a man with a good job.

31393560454_f70e3b62c9.jpg
    “Miss Humphrey. A pleasure to finally meet you, and happy birthday.” Arthur introduced himself, his lips gently grazing the top of her hand. She tried not to look so bored, and glanced around for some kind of escape or excuse to dismiss herself.

31393581194_234fc19016.jpg
    “Ahh, Mr. Bennett! I see you have finally met our daughter.” No such luck. Her father appeared out of nowhere, eager to help them make a connection.

Arthur smiled. “We have just begun to introduce ourselves.”

32196407416_f8a1767059.jpg

“In that case, then, I will leave you to it! Thank you once again for coming, Elle is so glad to have you.” Her father walked away, leaving Elle with a bad taste in her mouth. She looked at Arthur, and smiled as best she could.

31393597714_7e28d6ce0f.jpg
    His excitement to talk to her was more than obvious, “I am looking forward to getting to know you. I have just started a new job that is right outside of town, and I think it will allow some time to get to see you more. You’re much more beautiful than your parents described, and I am more than pleased with the arrangement.”

32234902365_2dcd674de1.jpg
    Elle had blocked out most of what he had said, until the end. “I’m sorry,” she finally said, “arrangement?”

32196431586_131294877e.jpg
    Arthur raised an eyebrow, “The marriage arrangement our parents have set up? Surely you know.”

32196447746_15a486a556.jpg
    Elle could have screamed. “I’m sorry, Mr. Bennett, but could you excuse me? Suddenly I am not feeling well.”

32116197401_5a72fd4184.jpg
    “Of course, but is there anything I could get for you?” he said, genuinely concerned. Elle didn’t answer but instead head upstairs. She had had more than enough for one evening.

32086026782_b3d4b6da14.jpg
    She got to her bedroom when she realized that she just couldn’t stay here anymore. No one truly had her best interest at heart, especially her parents. How could they not tell her that they had told this man she would marry him? This had to be some sort of joke.

31424624473_396233c228.jpg
    She couldn’t stay here. Not after that. Pulling out her old suitcase from beneath her bed, Elle grabbed a few belongings. No one would notice her leaving if she slipped out the back door. She grabbed the old sock at the bottom of her dresser drawer. Five dollars. That would get her through for a little bit. At least until she could find some sort of work.

32086045912_7903ccfbd6.jpg
    A little while later, she found herself walking down a silent street, lit only by the street lamps above her. The train station was just a little ways ahead, from there she would get a ticket to San Myshuno. Elle smiled. She had finally done what she wanted to do for so, so long. Euphoria kicked in, the adventures she had dreamed about were finally going to happen.

I hope you enjoyed the end of part two! This ends Chapter One, and in the next chapter is when it starts to take off! Once again, feedback is appreciated!! Thank you for reading!
  • Options
    I will be updating soon! Just waiting for a couple mods I was using for this story to be figured out due to the newest patch (:
  • Options
    Chapter Two! I had been working on it before the big update, so I was able to complete it quicker than I thought! I hope you all enjoy it! I worked so very very hard on this chapter and its quite a bit longer than the last two.

32177982981_bf9fbf3068_b.jpg
    San Myshuno, 1910

32147952982_67e04da3ab_b.jpg
    Two nights ago, Elle Humphrey left her family behind for the bustling streets of San Myshuno. She had no idea what to expect, being as she had never left her own town before. The first night, she stayed at the train station. She had arrived quite late in the night (or early in the morning), so she figured she would be fine to take a small nap until daylight. Tonight, she was still wandering the busy streets, looking for some type of boarding house or the like to have a place to sleep. Instead, she met a girl by the name of Myriam.

32177786001_bb1e9f69ff_b.jpg
    Myriam was not like the girls in Willow Creek, where Elle was from. She wore bright, heavily applied make up, and colorful clothes. She looked as if she were trying her best to stand out, and she would, if it weren’t for the fact that all the women here were dressed the same way. It was in fact Elle who was the one standing out, in her plain, sensible clothing, and modest face.

31455648474_4c645ee2bc_b.jpg
    Myriam was excited to finally have a roommate to share her two bedroom apartment with. The last girl had moved out several months ago because she had married. Myriam didn’t talk too fondly of her, and seemed to like living without her better.

32147953522_5097655a5e_b.jpg
    “Annddd this will be your room!” her new roommate proclaimed. She had just given her a tour of the small home. It was unlike anything Elle had ever been in before. Floral wall paper, pink tufted furniture, and no parents patronizing her for making her own choices. Elle thought she might have died somewhere between Willow Creek and San Myshuno, and was now in heaven.

32177791251_9571ede1e5_b.jpg
    “I love it,” she said, breathlessly. Elle turned to Myriam, “Thank you so much for inviting me to live with you. I promise to find work as soon as I can.”

32147952482_ff41f7bbb3_b.jpg
    Myriam’s grin was so wide, it seemed she was more excited than her new counterpart, “Don’t worry about that right now! You should go ahead and change! We have more exciting business to attend to tonight! I have to work, but its more play than work!” She giggled.

32147952732_4bf8eac582_b.jpg
    Myriam had a job as a cocktail waitress, delivering drinks to already drunken men at tables. They pounded their fist delightfully against the wood, jeering at a young lady on the stage who was performing.

32297599935_e364fb737a_b.jpg
    “Here take this!” Myriam said over the loud noise, and handed Elle a dark drink.
    “Oh, I don’t drink..” Elle said, hesitantly.

32147953122_81fdabb63f_b.jpg
    Myriam giggled again. “No silly! Its not for you! Its for him.” She pointed at a fine looking gentlemen standing off to the side of the room. “That’s the owner of the bar. Tony. I told him about you and how you were lookin’ for a job and he wants to meet you. That’s his usual. Hes a bit of a sleeze, but Tony is alright. Now go! And bat your eyelashes a bit when you talk to him, he likes a flirt!” Myriam smiled and wished her goodluck, then went off to flirt with the patrons of the bar.

32147952032_e33d9630ee_b.jpg
    Elle took a deep breath. She was sort of intimidated by that man. He was dark headed, had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and was watching the girl on stage like he was a predator stalking his prey. You can do this. You can prove your family wrong. She thought to herself. Her little pep talked gave her the courage she needed to approach Tony. He looked at her and grabbed his drink, not taking his eyes off his prey. “Thanks.”

32297599675_01d7a073bd_b.jpg
    “I’m Elle.” He still didn’t notice, “Myriam’s new roommate?” Still nothing. Elle bit her lower lip, unsure of how to get his attention. She needed a job, darn it. And she was going to get one.

32177786301_a19caf607b_b.jpg
    “Marvelous, marvelous!” The singer had ended her song, and he clapped along with the other men in the bar for an encore. The girl left the stage, ignoring their attention. She exited on the stairs on the side of the stage, where Tony and Elle were sitting.

31455648984_3bdae7a3c2_b.jpg
    “That was fantastic, Lacie! They loved you out there.” Tony said, staring at her assets.

“They loved what you love, Tony. They always do. Listen I gotta talk to you. This business aint workin for me no more. I’m leavin the bar. I got a job over on Greer. I’m puttin in my notice.”

“No can do, Lacie baby. Who am I gonna find on such notice?” Tony said. Its like women were invisible to him, at least except for their chest. His gaze didn’t leave the entire time.

32147953212_82aebb99fe_b.jpg
    Elle piped up, not sure what had gotten into her. “I’ll do it.”

31920846310_90f2b6eeab_b.jpg
    Finally. Some attention on her. They both realized she was standing there and looked at her. “There! She’ll do it.” Lacie smiled. “Looks like ya got your replacement.” She patted Tony on the arm. Tony looked a bit confused, but looked Elle up and down. He nodded. “Alright alright. Can you sing? Can you dance? You gotta keep those guys eyes on you. They gotta stay here and keep buyin drinks. That’s how I make money around here.”

32147952242_83d80419f0_b.jpg
    Elle was suddenly realizing what she was saying, but she couldn’t back out now. “Yeah, I can sing. I can play piano and violin, too. I’ve never tried dancing other than a simple waltz, but Im sure I could try-“
    “Excellent, Lacie you aren’t allowed to quit until you got her trained up nice and good, got it? Show her the songs. Show her your dances. Whatever you gotta do. Lets just keep these guys happy.” He walked away, his eyes on one of the barmaids.

Lacie started chatting happily away with Elle. Elle’s mind was all fuzzy, but excitement flooded her. This is exactly what she wanted, but she just didn’t know it. It was the start of something bigger.
  • Options
    NocturnalDuetNocturnalDuet Posts: 88 Member
    @Aeriexo11 I'm excited to see what happens next! I know Elle must be nervous about the new adventure, but it seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. Hopefully Tony isn't TOO much of a sleaze! :smile:
  • Options
    ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    I like this so far!!!! Keep writing. :)
  • Options
    @Aeriexo11 I'm excited to see what happens next! I know Elle must be nervous about the new adventure, but it seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. Hopefully Tony isn't TOO much of a sleaze! :smile:
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've got so much planned!

• Options
    I like this so far!!!! Keep writing. :)

Thank you so much!! (: Im glad you enjoyed it!
  • Options

31524243363_ab3a945c34_b.jpg

Elle's Apartment, 1910

31524106743_0afeca1e70_b.jpg
    There wasn’t much time to fully train, since Lacie was about to start a new job, so they crammed in as much practice time as they could. Lacie showed Elle how to do her make up to “accentuate her already gorgeous features,” and even took her shopping with a pay advance from Tony. Elle was excited to lose her old clothes and don new garments that made her look like she belonged there.

32296028736_5e4544feef_b.jpg
    Before Elle knew it, it was the last day of practice before her big debut at the bar.
    “You can do this, Elle!” Lacie reassured her. She had been fairly impressed with how quickly Elle caught on. The only real trouble they had was with agreeing on her new wardrobe. Sure, Elle was excited to look the part, but she wasn’t too keen on showing every ounce of skin on her body. They settled on something they were both sure would be a crowd pleaser, and Elle would still feel comfortable in it.

31524104873_83c6635525_b.jpg
    “I really don’t know what I would have done without you, Lacie. Truly, you are a life saver. I just hope I’m worthy of filling your spot.”

31524103813_ebe40d7307_b.jpg
    “Oh stop that! You were trained by me, weren’t you? Besides that you are a natural and will create your own name for yourself! The guys coming into the bar will be saying, Lacie who?” she said, and Elle hoped she was right.

Elle's Debut, 1910

32296026676_3f3d431d2f_b.jpg
    32296025866_4f764c38ab_b.jpg
    Elle sat in her dressing room, nervous and excited all at the same time. She tried to steady her hand as she applied her make up. Everything had to be perfect, even if this was just some bar.

32296025326_7c9a794d20_b.jpg
    “Elle!” Myriam walked into her dressing room, drink in hand. “I brought you a little something to help calm any nervous jitters you may have. I know you said you don’t drink, but I think it’ll help.”

31524100943_069a00d841_b.jpg
    Elle didn’t hesitate this time, and instead tossed the drink back. She felt the cool liquid burn all the way down her throat, in an oddly satisfying kind of way. She sat her glass down, “Thanks. I really appreciate that.” Looking at the clock on the wall, she said, “Is Lacie here yet?”

32334891825_55e22b0c9e_b.jpg
    Myriam nodded, “She’s only just arrived. She is so excited for you! Theres a full house out there. They are all excited to hear you sing. I’m excited to!”

32296023066_05ec92c410_b.jpg
    Elle smiled. She heard Tony announce her name on the stage, then cheering. “Alright then, lets do this.”

32296022516_23e4532682_b.jpg
    She braced herself as she walked up to the microphone. She looked into the crowd at all of the faces. Then, she began to sing.

32296021936_f0ce69de24_b.jpg
    By the light of the silvery moon, I want to spoon.
    To my honey, I’ll croon love’s tune.
    Honeymoon, Keep a-shining in June.
    Your silvery beams will bring love’s dreams.
    We’ll be cuddling soon.
    By the silvery moon.
    You’re silvery beams will bring love dream,
    We’ll be cuddling soon.
    By the silvery moon.

32296021226_3067de4b97_b.jpg
    She ended her song and the crowd cheered. Tony look pleased and Lacie was giving her a thumbs up from across the bar. She started another song, much to the crowd’s approval, and when she finally sang her last number, they were sad to see her go.
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    I read it all in one sitting, I love this! Bookmarking! I also identify with the character in a way too. I am the first in my mostly female family to go to college, so I am in uncharted territory. I am excited to see where this goes!
  • Options
    I read it all in one sitting, I love this! Bookmarking! I also identify with the character in a way too. I am the first in my mostly female family to go to college, so I am in uncharted territory. I am excited to see where this goes!

Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it (: next chapter will be short, but it will be up very soon!
  • Options
    NocturnalDuetNocturnalDuet Posts: 88 Member
    @Aeriexo11 Way to go, Elle! I loved this chapter. Yay for her debut!
  • Options
    @Aeriexo11 Way to go, Elle! I loved this chapter. Yay for her debut!

Im glad you loved it!!
  • Options
    mllemurasakimllemurasaki Posts: 25 Member
    Is it weird that I think Elle looks just like Liesl from The Sound of Music in the first two posts? Her hairstyle and fashion had me singing "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" the whole time I was reading, haha!
  • Options
    Is it weird that I think Elle looks just like Liesl from The Sound of Music in the first two posts? Her hairstyle and fashion had me singing "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" the whole time I was reading, haha!

Haha that's awesome!!

I'll be updating soon! Been busy in real life and when I have been playing, it's been with toddlers!

• Options
    I hope you are ok! I've been waiting excitedly for another update! :)
  • Options
    I hope you are ok! I've been waiting excitedly for another update! :)

Thank you for asking!! I've just had such a hectic life lately! My husband deployed not too long ago and he left me a laundry list of things to do! But, I did pull up the story in Word a couple days ago and plan to get started on it soon (: I am glad you are enjoying it, and I promise I will update soon!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    32492930724_e230100f5b_b.jpg

The Bar, 1910

32952797090_0c47743cfd_b.jpg

After she sang, Tony let her know how thrilled he was to have her as Lacie’s replacement. “You’re on full time now, kid.” He congratulated her. Elle was completely elated.

32492703874_0873a70b1a_b.jpg

She took a seat down at the bar, “Myriam, I’ll have another one of those…. Whatever you gave me earlier.”
    Myriam laughed and began making her drink, “Oh no, did I start something?”

33294690366_0c7957ffcf_b.jpg

“Hi.”
    Elle looked at the man who had just sat beside her. Myriam raised an eyebrow, clearly interested in what he had to say.

33180142972_d0c36305f3_b.jpg
    “I watched your performance and I thought you were great. But I can’t help but wonder what a girl like you is doing in a place like this?” He said.

Laughing, Elle replied, “I’m sorry, what was your name?”

“Those guys over there call me Private Young. But you can call me Kent.” He gestured to some other uniformed guys at the table behind him.

“Ah, okay then. Nice to meet you, Kent."

33207521961_3e8790ff6c_b.jpg

“I wasn’t saying that to hit on you, although you aren’t bad on the eyes. In fact, you’re absolutely gorgeous. But I’m serious. What are you doing here? You could do a lot better than this place. I’m sure you could find a husband by just snapping your fingers and live the life you deserve. Why this place?”

33207517211_cd27a85082_b.jpg

She knew the answer, of course. “All my life, I’ve never truly lived. So that’s what I am doing now. Experiencing things for myself. I want to do so many things before I marry. Of course I want to marry, but for the right reasons. Not because its what is expected of me. For once, I want to do what isn’t expected of me.”

Kent listened to every word she said, “Good answer. It’s refreshing to see a girl who isn’t just trying to marry the first guy she sees with money. I never had anyone to expect me to do anything, so I can’t really imagine how that would be. All I know, is what I expect of myself. And that’s to become something my family has never been. That’s why I joined the Army. To make something out of myself. To be someone worthy of being.”

“I like you, Kent.” Elle smiled. “Its also refreshing to meet a man not so caught up in just being a businessman.”

33207513341_1f064a68e4_b.jpg

Kent blushed, “If I wasn’t leaving tomorrow morning, I would have loved to get to know you even more. I hope we cross paths again. Keep doing the unexpected, Elle.” And with that, he smiled at her one last time and left with the other men he had come in with.

32952768050_485fe35e67_b.jpg

“Oh wow, he was cute.” Myriam said. Elle had just about forgotten she was even there. “What a shame he’s leaving! But I’d never forgive you if you ended up getting married just when you moved in! There’s still so much fun to be had! And so many more guys to meet!” She giggled.

Elle was sad to see Kent walk out of those doors. He was one of the nicest guys she had ever met, and someone who finally understood her. Maybe they’d meet again, maybe not. But it did give Elle hope that not everyone was like the people she knew back in Willow Creek.

*****So sorry this was out so late! I have been so busy! Then toddlers came out, and I've been playing with a legacy family a lot. I promise I will try to get them out sooner! Thanks for being patient (: Also, I tried REALLY hard to find a decent military uniform, and this was the best I could find. I really do miss the military career in The Sims. Oh, and sorry it was so short. I have had this chapter written since the last chapter, but just haven't had time to do pictures. I will be working on the next chapter soon.

Post edited by Aeriexo11 on
  • Options
    mllemurasakimllemurasaki Posts: 25 Member
    Oh, mystery guy! Something tells me he'll be back eventually... but will it be before or after Elle finds some city trouble to get involved in?
  • Options
    Oh, mystery guy! Something tells me he'll be back eventually... but will it be before or after Elle finds some city trouble to get involved in?

Just so you know I had to go in and correct something! It got cut out ): Just a small part though.

But maybe! I like Kent, so he may just pop up again sometime ;)
  • Options
    soccer_emmysoccer_emmy Posts: 114 Member
    I love your story so far!
  • Options
    Thank you so much! Im glad you enjoyed it (:
  • Options
    Omg yes, I am so excited to see more! I can't wait to see more of the unexpected! ;)
  • Options
    @UniquePuggle I am so glad you enjoyed it!! I have already started writing the next chapter, so it should be out within a couple of days!
  • Options
    I just finished writing the next chapter! It will definitely make up for how short this last chapter was, but I think you will all love it! Things will be changing for Elle! Its a little lengthier than my other chapters, but I hope you will all love it! Just have to take screenshots, then it should be up, hopefully by this evening if I get the chance to start the photos!
  • Options

32987722620_30cd9d13cb_h.jpg

Elle and Myriam’s Apartment, Summer 1911

Several months had passed since Elle left her parent’s home in Willow Creek and she had taken and entertainer job at a local bar. She was becoming used to city and all of its glamour and fun. She was a little more outspoken than the rest of the ladies, though their garments said more for them than their words did. Elle was okay with this, and preferred her words more brazen than the clothing she donned.

32526557004_7b0a0175c9_h.jpg

It was now summer time. Elle and Myriam were still living together, though Elle had began to find it rather tiresome. She could never get a moment alone, it seemed, and all Myriam wanted to do was flirt with all the guys and bring them home. Elle knew she was sharing Myriam’s home, but felt like she was really lacking respect for Elle’s personal space. Still, she had nowhere to go, and although she did have a job, she didn’t make nearly enough to live on her own.

33214171312_f09059803d_h.jpg

When Elle wasn’t at the bar working, she was at home, reading, practicing her singing, or taking leisurely strolls in the city. Elle loved walking and taking in everything around her. It put her at ease, and she loved seeing every living their lives in the hustle and bustle of San Myshuno.

32986975970_008d2fb50e_h.jpg

One evening, while Elle was reading in the living room, Myriam came home, bursting with news only she found exciting. “I just saw the most handsome man working at the deli across the street! So tall and just… oh, Elle. You should have seen him.”

Elle laughed, “You will have to show him to me next time we pass by there. If he is as handsome as you are saying, then he must be worth seeing!”

“We will stop by every day if we have to!” Myriam giggled.

32986981650_c8894cd0ff_h.jpg

But although they did stop by everyday, they never saw him. Every time the girls went out, Myriam would crane her neck into the deli to try to catch a glimpse of the handsome stranger. But, he was nowhere to be seen. Elle began to joke that perhaps he didn’t exist, if he was as handsome as Myriam said. Perhaps he was just a ghost.

San Myshuno, Fall 1911 – Taking a cue from @UniquePuggle and sharing a fun fact, just because I think that it is relevant to this chapter. The first typical cab was a horse drawn carriage where two people sat in an open carriage. However, yellow gas-powered cabs started in New York as early as 1907. Since San Myshuno is playing out as New York City to me, I thought it appropriate to mention them.

33369665455_5c6f7be4f7_h.jpg

Two months later, after joking about their ghost, they seemed to have forgotten about him. Until one evening, when the girls were headed to the dress shop to browse, and they were just about to cross the street with several other people.

Myriam nudged Elle in the arm, “That’s him! That’s him!” She mouthed frantically.

33328985456_806a6bab73_h.jpg

Elle glanced over at the tall stranger beside her. He was, undoubtedly handsome. He looked like he should be dressed in the finest of garments, but the clothes he wore suggested he didn’t have much but the guitar he was carrying. He had thick, brown locks that just grazed his brow bone, and deep soulful eyes. Without thinking about it, Elle said one simple sentence, “Hi, I’m Elle.” Myriam’s eyes grew wide at Elle’s forwardness.

Their ghost man, now alive before them, turned to Elle and smiled, “Hi, I’m Daniel.”

33214167462_e8641beec3_h.jpg

“Nice to meet you, Daniel.” Elle replied, glad to have a name and face to their handsome stranger. She motioned to the guitar, “You play?”

Everyone started to cross the street as Daniel replied, “Yes. I am actually headed to teach a guitar lesson.” He glanced at his watch, “I actually have a bit of time, would you ladies like to hear a few songs?”

Elle and Myriam exchanged looks. When in Rome, Myriam’s eyes said and she shrugged her shoulders, smiling.

“My friend Myriam and I would love to.”

32526543134_d011fe9802_h.jpg

He took them just across the street to a small park with a couple of benches. He sat down, opened up his guitar case, and pulled out his instrument. Elle and Myriam waited with bated breath, excited to hear him play. He pulled the guitar on his lap, and the music flowed from his fingers. Then, he began to sing, and Elle thought it may have been the most beautiful sound she had ever heard. Everything in her hummed with excitement, but at the same time she felt peaceful and completely at ease. This was so odd to her, considering she didn’t know this man at all, and he was just a mere stranger.

He played for them three songs, each more beautiful than the last, and Elle didn’t recognize a single one. This was because he had written the songs himself. The first was a happier tune, about a lover. The second, a little more sad but about a man in a toxic relationship, and the third was about a soldier, wanting to come home to the woman he loved. Daniel was quite the talented artist.

Elle and Myriam both clapped for him when he was finished, “That was absolutely wonderful.” Elle said.

“Yes, I would love to hear you play again sometime.” Myriam added.

32555325543_31d0bed85c_h.jpg

“Well, you can, if you would like. After this lesson I will be heading to a club just down the street to play there. I would love it if you came.” He was speaking to both girls, but his eyes only held Elle’s.

Elle’s usually unfiltered mouth remained closed, as she was struck by the way he looked at her. Noticing Elle’s silence, it was Myriam who spoke up, “We would love to! Can you give us the time and place?”

Daniel smiled and wrote down the address and time on a piece of spare paper inside of his guitar case. “See you there.” His eyes once again held only Elle’s.

She found her words this time and replied, “See you.”

33328964866_1e793ebcc0_h.jpg

He walked away from them, and Myriam squealed with delight. “Oh, my GOODNESS! Didn’t I tell you he was the most handsome man, ever?! And that voice! If I had known he had a voice like that, I would have hunted him down when I first saw him! We have to go see him play!"

“I agree,” Elle said, smiling at the piece of paper in her hand, “We should get to know him more. I just have to hear more.”

33214169762_f3dd8508b1_h.jpg

They had two hours before they went to meet up with Daniel the stranger, so they spent some time browsing their favorite boutique and then started their walk to the bar. Myriam insisted on taking a cab, but because Elle was still wary of the odd machines that ran off gasoline, she declared that they were too expensive, so instead they would walk. It wasn’t that far, after all.

32555932603_7c1f2237ab_h.jpg

They made it with just a few minutes to spare and watched a girl finish up her set. They saw Daniel preparing to walk onto the stage, and Myriam waived flirtatiously at him. He smiled back at them and waived. Elle was glad it was sort of dark in the room so he wouldn’t see her blush crimson.

As soon as he started to play, the same feelings took Elle by surprise. He truly had the voice of an angel, she had never heard anything like it and was completely mesmerized. He sang a couple of the same songs he had done earlier, but it didn’t matter. She would listen to him sing the same song over and over if she had to. She just didn’t want him to stop.

But stop he did, and when he had finally finished, everyone in the room clapped for him. It seemed that he was a familiar face to all, and most of the people in the room came to see him. In fact, it was difficult from Daniel to make his way to Elle and Myriam because so many people kept stopping him to chat or even offer to buy him a drink. At long last, he approached them, a huge grin visible on his handsome face.

32555934623_550658f03a_h.jpg

“Did you enjoy the show?” He asked.

“Oh, we LOVED it! Didn’t we, Elle?” Myriam said, trying to direct Daniel’s attention to her. Daniel couldn’t be swayed by her though, and still he kept his eyes focused on Elle.

Elle nodded, “You really are amazingly talented. Where did you learn to play?”
    Daniel scratched the back of his head casually, “I was self-taught. I saw a guitar, picked it up, and the rest is history. After that, I started singing, too. It’s a passion.”

“Well you can definitely tell that it’s a passion. You get lost in it. Thank you so much for inviting us to witness it ourselves.” Elle was trying hard to keep composure and spoke with her manners, unlike her counterpart who was still bobbing up and down excitedly.

32555933703_85d31f2225_h.jpg

“Oh, we just have to come see you again sometime! Elle and I both work at the bar over on Duke Street, you can come see us there. I’m a barmaid, I’d love to sit and chat at the bar with you sometime. You could tell me more about how you learned to play.” Myriam batted her eyelashes, but Daniel resisted her charm.

“I’d love to see you both again. Maybe I will stop by sometime.” He smiled, bid the girls farewell, then another patron of the bar started chatting eagerly with him, two drinks in hand.

32987608460_4abc2aa4ee_h.jpg

Elle and Myriam left the bar, and Elle just felt in her soul that something had changed. As they walked down the silent streets of San Myshuno towards their home, she knew things were changing.

She turned to Myriam, “I don’t know what, but that was the start of something, Myriam. I feel like he is going to change things. I’m not sure exactly what those things are, but everything feels different now.”

Myriam nodded quickly in agreement, she was always hanging on to every word Elle had to say, even though she was a few years older. “I think so too! He was so different, and didn’t I tell you he was handsome? To think we finally ran into him again! At least we know now that he wasn’t a ghost!”

32527281344_76fe635120_h.jpg

Elle looked up at the night sky and smiled, “No. He isn’t a ghost. But you know? I think he may be an angel.”

Credits from the Gallery
    Extras
    -irrelephant7
    -mairead1985
    -Reggiejoehamill
    -Obey_and_Survive
    -dustyalan20
    -Charrlotteee

Thank you all for posting your sims on the Gallery!
    They made great extras for my story!

If you'd like to see one of your sims featured in an upcoming chapter, you can
    hashtag #TheLongRoadHomeStory or I check out the #Victorian hashtag frequently.

Thanks for reading!