Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOO and Personalizing Decor

Comments

• Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I assume it is the canopy bed, withe the floor lifted in some way.

That's what i'm thinking or the bed lowered into the floor.

The bed might of been lifted from the basement up to the first floor - although I'm not sure if that necessarily works!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I assume it is the canopy bed, withe the floor lifted in some way.

That's what i'm thinking or the bed lowered into the floor.

The bed might of been lifted from the basement up to the first floor - although I'm not sure if that necessarily works!

I was thinking it wasn't possible to lower the bed into the floor. But I think you are right, it came up from below.
  • Options
    lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Sorry @aprilrose ! My little boy just became 3 today... no time for Sims ;)

Yes, @spontaneousivy & @Inna Minnit , the canopy bed was lifted from the basement and it works fine :) I like the trick with the basement because the lifted items don't intervene with the items on the upper floor. So everything is playable.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    lisi_ja wrote: »
    Sorry @aprilrose ! My little boy just became 3 today... no time for Sims ;)

Yes, @spontaneousivy & @Inna Minnit , the canopy bed was lifted from the basement and it works fine :) I like the trick with the basement because the lifted items don't intervene with the items on the upper floor. So everything is playable.

Happy Birthday to him! <3
  • Options
    lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
  • Options
    hmg337hmg337 Posts: 191 Member
    I may not play The Sims 4, have any experience in MOO nor have a profile picture, but from what I can tell, combining the bed with the curtains + decor + a nice view makes for a magical experience, don't you think so, @lisi_ja ?
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Bumping this in case someone made something awesome with the new vampire pack

That is Awesome! This is perfect if you want your sims to experiment with a few things. I think it'll go great with...everything. How did you create a masterpiece of a room?
  • Options
    hmg337 wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Bumping this in case someone made something awesome with the new vampire pack

That is Awesome! This is perfect if you want your sims to experiment with a few things. I think it'll go great with...everything. How did you create a masterpiece of a room?

Oops. Didn't realize that it was your signature. My bad.
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    I'm not sure I used moo on the closet, but I think I did.

02-28-17-2-09-53-pm_orig.png

Here I used moo to connect the giraffes with a string of light in a toddler bedroom, Safari Dreams.

01-23-17-9-55-26-am_orig.png

Wow. I love your creation, especially the kids room. It's a masterpiece.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member

Thank you!!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    All these ideas with pictures are fabulous! So many great ideas... <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    illusie wrote: »

Thank you!!

You're very welcome, @illusie . From one kind user to another.

Note to other simmers. Keep up with those Ideas. The community needs lots of them if you want to make it into the TS4 Creations suite. Experiment with MOO and other creations and maybe you'll get some awesomes or likes as well.

Sorry about the quadruple post above. I'll try not to spam other pages as often next time.
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    This is a great thread. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Keep up with those Ideas, TS4 Simmers. I'd like to see more of those creations soon. These creations are both charismatic and entertaining.
  • Options
    ImperialCircusImperialCircus Posts: 31 Member
    Wow, this thread is a god send, had no idea MOO could be this useful. Definitively using these ideas in my next build.
  • Options
    MOO is currently the most useful tool there is in the Sims 4 game right now. Keep using MOO and you get some wonderful masterpieces at work. Like I said, wonderful masterpieces at work here.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I don't use MOO often, but I do have a few things...

For example this "conversation chair":
    tumblr_inline_o79ymg7RhS1u21s2l_1280.jpg

The bed/desk combination (not my own idea, I saw it on this forum somewhere):
    tumblr_inline_o79z3tzn3o1u21s2l_1280.jpg

Or the laundry room with "storage space" in the tall wall cabinets from Spa Day:
    tumblr_o9ratdx1ut1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg

And I love using the Kids Room Stuff furniture everywhere, so I made a TV/bookstand in the kitchen (this one is without MOO - may have used it for the paintings above it though):
    tumblr_o9qn27cIi51v8k7elo3_1280.jpg

I do often use MOO for grouping sim-made pictures together:
    tumblr_ohbjnp0kPz1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oglks3XzBy1v8k7elo1_1280.jpgtumblr_ogafk7vnVk1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg

I don't like double posting very often now that I'm a full-fledged member, but your stuff is the queen of the pluming hearts. I love what you did there, especially with the paintings/portraits and the rooms and everything. That house looks totally awesingenious (portmanteau between awesome and ingenious). Man. How the plum do I come up with these words?

NOTE: Had to look it up.
  • Options
    I used it to make sprinklers in the garden. It doesn't do anything, you still have to water, but it has a nice homey feel.

mj8qok.png
  • Options
    I used it to make sprinklers in the garden. It doesn't do anything, you still have to water, but it has a nice homey feel.

mj8qok.png

That's actually a really good idea!
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    I use MOO a lot, but generally it's just for positioning things closer together rather than making something new really.
    I use it ALL the time in gardens, to make them feel more lush. This's my version of the willow creek park. I used it here to put the potted plants closer to the flowered arch, and the wedding arch half under the statue with flowered trellises behind it as a backdrop, or using benches to make it into a sitting area in the garden portion itself.
    GVt2EO0.png
    BqOF7wo.png
    0EzqvQO.png

From my legacy house's garden
    ZZYrDAu.png
    NPcF1Hb.png
    This's the entrance to the functional garden. Used MOO for the trellises and the lights and such
    ixcX5rc.png
    ..but this got made over recently into a grandparent's cottage for my legacy, but I kept the entry
    3ubPT3P.png

I also use it a lot in tiny houses. This one I used it to put pots on top of the cabinets, move some shelfing around and put in the under cabinet lights
    5EwOYPO.png
    T8zD4GL.png

Did a built of a abandoned train station a while back as a run away/squatter type place. Used it to make it look super overgrown and neglected
    6R2PoUK.png
    EfdaKY7.png
    1DHF8LL.png

And again to turn an abandoned dining car into a squatter's living space
    uh277zL.png
    iySivOk.png
    wjfPDtT.png

Cute tree houses
    L2MUeqQ.png
    3TjC7kl.png
    (view of the last one from the inside)
    WHYqK6G.png

Sprinklers to "water" the crops on a farm, the "rooster" on the roofs
    0eS2LTt.png

2nd rendition of that farm. This one wasn't as a "working" farm yet, I put in the fountains as "irrigation canals" to try to rehabilitate the land since it's in oasis springs. Also, the gnome riding the horse is hysterical imo.
    9cXY3SQ.png
    xBf2SFk.png

Used it to utilize the roof space in the barn so it became a functioning loft
    OxO7C3w.png

Super relaxing bath area..
    hoMt6UW.png

A little hidden grotto in a back corner of the lot
    l0x4jiT.png

used some lesser used items (for me anyway), and floor tiles to make a 3-d modern art kinda thing
    Nkvj0U8.png

Half walls and aquariums beside the sauna to give it more ambiance I guess? Idk, I just liked how it looked
    fl2qeAt.png

Those were mostly from a while back though. More recently...

Used MOO to make this divider into both footboard and divider, and the art piece on the wall, I overlapped the lamp onto and thought it looked rather interesting
    1VNQ0Mg.png

Use it a lot to force decorative pieces together in this bathroom..
    Oc2R6Fd.png
    mEqMQig.png

Used it for some of the decorative things and putting toys closer together in this child/toddler area of a family restaurant
    jrtQHST.png

Halfwall+Dividers to create a more intimate sitting space, without closing it off
    fPTnBQh.png

A little witch's cottage retail store I built to sell things like ambrosia since I can't always be bothered to get the stuff for it, lol
    Be7WZEp.png
    YO6rE4w.png

Created a "family tent" for camping with toddlers
    XztmRnB.png
    ll0rLdk.png

There's probably a ton more that I'm not even thinking of, or don't have screenshots of, since moo is so second nature at this point, but those are the ones I do have/remembered.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited May 2017
    @wyn I really loved looking at all your pics. Lots of great ideas there!

ETA:
    Especially your garden, wedding area, toddlers play area and witches cottage.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Those are awesome. I think I'm gonna have to make a treehouse.
  • Options
    I'm loving how this little garden is shaping up.

9kqakl.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @wyn so pretty I like how you set things up.
    33930707784_d204138822_b.jpg
    I had to use it a little when I finally decided to make a treehouse too a little while ago.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @wyn your builds are amazing, you're actually blowing my mind!